Paramount's Meyer Ballroom Reviews

60 | Aurora, IL

60 Reviews for Paramount's Meyer Ballroom

Marcie · Married on 06/18/2016

We had such an amazing experience having our wedding and reception at the Paramount Theater. We chose to have the ceremony in the Grand Ballroom and the reception on the theater stage. We couldn't be happier with both location decisions! The Grand Ballroom was such a lovely setting for our ceremony and the Paramount was gracious about allowing decorations and for us to make it our own.

The stage was really the best spot for a really fun and lovely reception. It provided a unique atmosphere for us and our 130+ guests. There was plenty of dance floor space even with all of the tables and chairs and the open bar. The open bar was a big success with the guests (believe it or not) and totally worth doing. The venue, with open bar, and an outside caterer and bakery, all fell under our budget. We felt like we got away with something having paid such a reasonable amount for such a fun, beautiful, historic, unique venue. Guests kept asking how we found out about it. The lighting on the stage also happens to be really great for flattering photography. The view from the stage is also quite stunning. If this were in Chicago it would be booked for years and way more expensive!

Our Event Coordinator Kelsey made sure everything went smoothly and was so helpful, resourceful, friendly, and even calming. They Paramount even had a pretty little bridal room for me and my bridesmaids. The bridal room was equipped with Champagne, a full length stand-alone mirror, headache medicine, snacks, two free tickets to a show at the Paramount and other very helpful amenities.

Sent on 07/15/2016

Monica · Married on 07/18/2015

Had our reception in the Meyer Ballroom in July this year, and couldn't have asked for anything more! The view is spectacular, plenty of room for everybody. This place has a great at home feeling. The people that assisted there, from the Event Coordinator to our Bartenders were all professional and fun to work with. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Lisa · Married on 08/20/2016

We had our ceremony in the Paramount's Grand Gallery and our reception in the Meyer Ballroom across the street. The entire day was beyond what we imagined or dreamed. From the decorations to the stunning view, everything was perfect! The ease of working with an event coordinator that was able to help with so much so I could focus on other aspects of the wedding was beyond helpful. My event coordinator was Kelsey and she was AMAZING!! Any question I had or concern I came up with, she was right there to ease my mind and take care of it for me. She was very patient with me when I called or texted her about the million things running through my mind, and she was able to help me work through things I was unsure of. She made sure our day was beyond perfect. I honestly don't know what I would've done without her; she was beyond amazing! Everyone kept telling me planning a wedding was going to be stressful and overwhelming. I didn't feel that way during my entire planning process, which was nine months from engagement day to wedding day. Every detail from decorations, to entrances and exits, to parking were thought of and taken care of for me. I honestly didn't have to worry about a thing! I would absolutely recommend the Paramount's Meyer Ballroom for your wedding. It is worth every single penny for an absolutely unforgettable day!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Daniel · Married on 07/09/2016

3.5

The paramount was great place to have our wedding reception! It had great space and a great dance floor for us to move. The balcony was great to catch a breather outside and had a beautiful spot for pictures with the river in the background. Mandy was great before during and after the reception! She answered all our questions, got us information on outside vendors help us throughout the night and helped bring out things at the end of the night/next day. The staff was really helpful and ask if we needed anything throughout the night! The price is a bit pricey but it is at great value because ours was an open bar for 5 hours and wine on tables during dinner hour as well as center pieces and Linens and other things so we didn't have to buy anything for decorations. The only thing we had a complaint about was parking because aurora decided to do construction on the road outside of the ballroom and the took away the close street parking but that really wasn't the paramount fault. So we would definitely recommend the Meyer ballroom to anyone that is getting married in the area!

Sent on 08/04/2016
  • Michael

Michael O'Brien · Married on 07/05/2019

Two Venues for a Great Price

We looked at quite a few venues in the western suburbs of Chicago, and by luck, we found that one of our first places we dated had openings for our wedding and reception. Paramount Theater has a beautiful backdrop for a wedding ceremony and Meyer Ballroom across the street made for a wonderful place to throw a party with the Fox River running alongside the huge windows. Our coordinator was Jordan, and she was very responsive to our requests and constant emails asking for assistance. She gave us good recommendations for vendors as you have to work with those already approved by the venue if you want things to go smoothly. As our rehearsal fell on July 4th, Jordan made special arrangements to get us in early so we could plan a dinner afterward. She was also very helpful with managing the vendor relationships once we chose them. On our wedding day, she told me to relax and enjoy. She had everything taken care of. The venue was terrific with cocktail hour in the old ticketing area, and our names on the marquis was a great touch as was the red carpet welcome for our guests. The only issue we had was that we could not get any special liquor added to our premium list so the scotch was very limited. Overall, it was a wonderful event.

Sent on 07/16/2019

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Michael and Tracy for your review and for allowing me to be a part of your special day! I loved getting to work with you throughout the planning process. We cannot wait to see you at one of our upcoming performances. - Jordan

Ariadne · Married on 07/01/2017

Hello there! First of all I need to start by saying that the venue is beautiful! I had my wedding in the Meyer Ballroom and the view with the river was amazing. The ballroom was big enough to fit my big Mexican family (you need to invite everyone or else they'll be upset with you) and my live band of 10 guys, and my DJ!! Kelsey is amazing, she was so patient with me (and also my mother) and she made everything go so smoothly the day of my wedding that I didn't have a care in the world, I enjoyed 100% of my night. I planned my wedding in two months . . . crazy I know but she was honestly awesome, she answered all of my questions promptly and she even had a brand new chapstick for me on my wedding day!! Jennifer and Bill were also a great help in making my big day be wonderful, since my now husband is in the military he was not here for all the crazy wedding planning (good for him, stressful for me) but they were so great in meeting my needs. This is an amazing place to hold your wedding, the Grand Ballroom is gorgeous as well, but I preferred the view of the river :) Either way, you will not regret choosing this venue. -Again thank you Paramount team for making my day one I will never forget!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Connie · event on: 04/08/2017

Crew was great to work with. The space was amazing to be creative with our ideas.

Sent on 04/20/2017

Jonathan · event on: 06/26/2017

We have held several gala events with the Paramount staff in their Grande Gallery and more recently in their Meyer Ballroom. The venue is very nice and the staff are flexible and great to work with.

Sent on 12/04/2017
  • beckyboo

Rebecca · Married on 08/04/2011

The building is beautiful! It was the perfect image we wanted for our wedding and reception. I loved being able to have all the reception tables upstairs and having the whole downstairs for dancing! At first they came off as very flexible but it seemed that they lose that after you put in a payment. I don't know if it's because we started talking to a different worker or if it's just a bait and switch tactic they have but one person told us we can stay until midnight just let us know a week in advance if we want to stay that late and they'd change it no problem no extra cost. When we decided to extend it they gave us problems and wanted to charge extra. They also made the buffet placement very difficult for our caterers. They like to (a week before the wedding) strongly recommend more things to add on. All in all it was a beautiful place, the day of workers were extremely friendly and helpful. I'd host an event there again, I'd only stand my ground a little more next time.

Sent on 08/23/2011
  • Madeleine

Madeleine Danusiar · Married on 07/06/2019

3.0

Beautiful place to get married

We had our wedding July 6 in the Meyer Ballroom. We had an amazing time and the space was big enough for all our guests. Their vendor list was extremely helpful and we were very satisfied!
    However, we were unimpressed with the wedding coordinator employed by the Ballroom we were assigned. While other coordinators we met were awesome and were excited for me and my husband, we describe the woman we were assigned as almost indifferent to us. She was responsive to our emails and calls but was cold. She was wearing a casual outfit the day of our wedding and it is incredibly frustrating to have her show up in our wedding photos because she did not dress for the occasion and sticks out like a sore thumb. Some of our guests even questioned who she was and why she was so undressed for the occasion/why she was distant. All other staff we worked with were pleasant and professional.
    Overall, we really loved having our wedding at the Paramount and thought it was a good value for our money spent. It was incredible to get married in a venue that clearly knew what they were doing!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Hello Madeleine,
    We are so glad to hear that you and Phillip had an amazing time at your wedding. However, I am sorry to hear that you did not have a wonderful experience with your coordinator, as we strive to provide great customer service in addition to our amenities. I will discuss this with the event coordinator, who was assigned to your event, and make sure these issues are addressed. We are so glad that you were still able to have a lovely wedding overall. By the way, we loved your personal touches like the handcrafted ceremony/head table backdrop. Congrats again!
    ~Jennifer Hahn