36 Reviews for Paradise Gourmet Catering

35 Paradise Gourmet Catering Reviews

It was such a pleasure working with Lava Lava Beach Club and Paradise Gourmet Catering. Definitely worth the upgrade to do Paradise Gourmet Catering. The food was amazing and all our guests raved about how delicious it all was. The staff were friendly and very attentive. We were informed by our guests that as soon as they arrived they were greeted, drink orders were taken and appetizers were being passed out. I was so pleased to hear how well they were taken care of. Working with Tina and Debra was amazing. They were both so knowledgable, provided guidance where needed and communication was always returned in a timely manner which made planning from the mainland so comfortable and stress free. Highly recommend! I don't have any photos back yet but if I can add them later to this review I will. - The Harrisons

Profile Picture Crystal, 11/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I would not consider having an event in Hawaii without Paradise Gourmet Catering. They were always available for questions and were able to meet all of our requests even though we had only 3 weeks to plan the entire Destination Wedding. The food was the best meal I had in Hawaii and throughout set-up and all the way to tear-down their professionalism was continually put to the challenge. In addition to the food on hold for so long, they had to port water to their work station site. The jaunt from caterer station to the reception was short and pitch black and still they were undaunted. To top it all off it also started to rain on our outdoor wedding.
The Paradise team was never frustrated and maintained a picture perfect level of patience and understanding even though the wedding started over an hour late.
Tina, Debra no words can ever cover my immense appreciation of your hard-work and willingness to help out.
Ellen
Mother of the Groom

Profile Picture Ellen, 8/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had a wonderful experience with Paradise Gourmet Catering! We planned our Hawaii wedding from the mainland and they were amazingly helpful through the whole process! The food was delicious and exceeded our expectations. The servers were also great!
We would absolutely recommend Paradise for your wedding or event!

Profile Picture User4504539, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We used Paradise Gourmet as our catering company for a wedding for 87 at the Lava Lava Beach Club. They were amazing to work with.

In the lead up, Noelani and Tina became more like friends than vendors. They were so helpful with more than just catering requirements. I felt like the start of all our calls was me stressing about some aspect of the wedding and those 2 ladies solving all my problems. I worked with Debra on the day who was awesome! She consulted me when I needed to be consulted and just figured it out when she knew I didn't need to be involved.

And now the food...fabulous. We were a little concerned about doing a buffet, but Chef Chris put me at ease when we had our tasting. Nearly every single person at the wedding commented on the food. Most went back for seconds. Their presentation is also outstanding.

The staff on the day were helpful and friendly making sure we had everything we needed. My champagne never ran out.

I would 100% book Paradise Gourmet in if you need a caterer for the Big Island.

Profile Picture Mollie, 6/5/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Paradise Gourmet elevated my daughter's wedding a few levels by providing such WONDERFUL food and service! They just made a special day easy to enjoy! I'd highly recommend them for ANY occasion!!

Profile Picture Rochelle, 12/8/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Paradise Gourmet was extremely helpful in planning the reception for our destination wedding. PG took the time for several telephone conversations and answered lots of questions by email. We went into our wedding day knowing that the reception would go smoothly. We had a fairytale wedding and PG was a HUGE part of that. Our food was delicious and the staff was so warm and friendly. We cannot thank them enough. This is a company you want to work with.

Profile Picture Joanna, 10/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I had the best experience working with the team (Noe, Jean, Debra, & Chef Chris) at Paradise Gourmet Catering (PGC). My goal was to provide top notch food and service for my guests and they did just that. My family and friends could not stop talking about the appetizers and the dinner which looked beautiful and tasted delicious. PGC was easy to work with every step of the way (with me and my coordinator) and they were very responsive to questions and comments. They were helpful in making decisions about food and presentation as well as giving me suggestions with other needs outside of what they were providing. They embodied the spirit of ALOHA. I loved that they were a one stop shop and that I got to choose what I wanted with no pressure. The day of the wedding they were very professional and organized, and their service was seamless. Thank you PGC!! You were worth every dollar!! I definitely recommend them!!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The Paradise Gourmet Catering team did a fantastic job on wedding day. They handled all the details and when obstacles came up they solved them without having to bug me, the bride. The tables were gorgeous and the food delicious.

Thanks Paradise for a great wedding!

Profile Picture Hannah, 7/14/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Wonderful experience with Paradise Gourmet Catering! Very professional yet easy to work with and very helpful with issues outside of my event. Responded to my inquiries quickly throughout the year of wedding planning. Beautiful table settings and delicious food. We couldn't be happier with our decision to use PGC for our daughter's wedding. Special thanks to Jean for your help throughout the year and Debra for your attention to every detail that evening. Much Mahalo!

Profile Picture Rhonda, 4/21/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Paradise Gourmet did an outstanding job helping us organize every aspect of our wedding. Jean, Scott and Debra went above and beyond our expectations and helped put together a flawless evening for our guests. It was such a blessing to have Paradise on our team!

Weeks after the wedding our guests are still raving about the fantastic food and bar. The food stations were outstanding, and the staff did an amazing job putting together each station. They provided the most beautiful centerpieces I could have every asked for. Our guests were absolutely blown away at the presentation and the service.

We always knew it would be a challenge to organize a destination wedding, however Paradise helped us handle every tiny detail. They stayed in close contact with us in the months prior, and maintained an excellent communication with us leading to the event. We could not have made a better choice in teaming with Paradise Gourmet for our wedding. We truly thank them from the bottom of our hearts for all their hard work.

Andrew and Melissa

Profile Picture Melissa, 2/14/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Unique Services (Other)

Everyone who attended this wedding said it was the best one they'd ever been part of. The food was imaginative and interactive aside from being delicious. There is no way I can recommend Paradise Catering highly enough

Profile Picture John, 1/25/12, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Entertainer, Flowers

The staff at Paradise Gourmet was so helpful in planning my perfect day. They responded to my questions right away, made sure that I had everything I possibly needed, not to mention the food was delicious! They were incredibly professional and the setup was beautiful. I would definitely highly recommend them to other couples!

Profile Picture Lori, 9/10/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Jean and Debra were amazing to work with. Everyone raved about the food and setup. Paradise Gourmet Catering helped make our night very magical and I would highly reccommend them if you are getting married on the Big Island! You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Cari, 6/17/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Jean was absolutely amazing. She went above and beyond in every way possible. The food was delicious and everything was perfectly executed.

Profile Picture User1047150, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

I just had a destination wedding in Kona Hawaii and I must say that everything that Paradise Gourmet Catering did for me was GREAT! It was nice to hear all the great feedback from everyone that attended the wedding because it made me feel like every penny we spent was worth it. They were very nice and Jean the Catering Manager was great to work with she helped me a lot. I had a caterer cancel on me a month before my wedding and Jean came to the rescue and I have to say things do happen for a reason, I don't think I would have been this happy if I would have continued with Jackie Ray's. Thank you so much for making my wedding a big success Paradise Gourmet Catering.

Profile Picture Alma, 5/14/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The whole event was amazing. We keep hearing from the guests that it was the very best meal they had on the island, and many even went to a luau. I tried everything in the entire Hawaiiana Buffet and it was all incredible. The appetizers were the best I've ever had. In fact I recreated the wonton crisps as best as I could for a family gathering and received glowing results. What an amazing combination of flavors.

From start to finish we appreciated the frequent communication and professionalism. All the emails and phone calls, plus meeting up before the event really made for the best possible dinner. When the day finally came, being a destination wedding we were as surprised and impressed as everyone else with all the details and tastes.

The staff was on top of everything. I didn't even place my own napkin, and every time I came back to the table it was folded for me again. What attention to detail! The bartender was wonderful, concocting so many different things for us from the alcohol we were allowed to provide and the drink presentation was lovely. The tableware, garnishes, décor, and even uniforms made everything that much more aesthetically pleasing.

We are so happy Paradise Gourmet was a part of our wedding. We could not have chosen anyone better.

Profile Picture Sarah, 2/28/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Upon first contacting Paradise Catering, they were extremely professional, helpful, open-minded, and willing to work with me when I wanted to provide my own tent, center pieces, decorations, and cake...although if I wanted, they would have done everything. It was a load off my mind that I didn't have to try to coordinate with additional businesses for table and chair rentals. They are a 1-stop shop, and if that's one thing I learned from other brides,...keep it simple; limit your vendors, so that you're not scrambling. Jean patiently helped me whittle down my budget, offering wonderful suggestions. And then at the reception, when I asked the servers to "please keep me fed," they tracked me down (with a smile) to offer me some of their delicious food. Their staff was fun yet kept professional, and even our guests raved about how nice and fun they were. I would highly recommend Paradise Catering to anybody having a function here on the Big Island.

Profile Picture Rhonda, 2/19/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Paradise Gourmet catered my wedding and the food was fantastic. The service was the best. They were extremely flexible since I was bringing in alcohol from Costco, dragon fruit for the cake from another store. They worked with me every step of the way and were extremely professional. I would highly recommend them to anyone!!!

Profile Picture Andrea, 11/6/10, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I did all the planning remotely, with the exception of having my sister do a tasting for the pupus. Paradise Gourmet's presentation and quality of food surpassed my expectations. In addition, Jean was flexible with me regarding number of guests and some changes in guest count a few weeks out from the event. A couple days before the wedding Paradise Gourmet sent someone out to the site go over everything with me, and he (Scott) was extremely helpful in helping me nail down the layout and identifying changes I needed to make in my tenting and lighting. It went off extremely well!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/14/10, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Our wedding was amazing & delicious!

Profile Picture Maria, 8/15/09, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Paradise Gourmet was fantastic! They went out of their way to do what we asked of them. We wanted family-style service, which they had not done before, but they made it happen. They gave us a long list of food choices which we narrowed down and then got to taste, and they let us make changes to the items so that they were exactly as we wanted. They were professional, not pushy, and the product they provided was delicious. Paradise Gourmet proves that it is possible to have great food at a wedding.

Profile Picture Anna, 8/6/06, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Paradise Gourmet was easy to work with and helped to insure that every detail was just like we wanted it. The food was amazing. Guest are still talking about the seafood curry that we had at the wedding. The servers took great care of me and my husband insuring that we were well fed and hydrated which is a big plus on your wedding day! Paradise Gourmet is very professional and has a spirit of Aloha which you will love!

Profile Picture User1634977, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Paradise Gourmet and its staff - particularly Jean and Debra - were fantastic! Jean helped me every step of the way and had answers to all of my questions - even ones that did not relate directly to the reception and the catering. The staff was very organized and walked me through the schedule and the location prior to the event. They made sure every detail was covered and did a fantastic job with the set-up at the reception. There is a large variety of food to choose from on the catering menus and everything was great, particularly the pupus. I would highly recommend Paradise Gourmet.

Profile Picture Beth, 1/14/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Loved having a brunch at Lava Lava Beach Club. Paradise gourmet catering made it beautiful!

Profile Picture User4312606, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews