Paradise Falls Reviews

1 User photo

Paradise Falls 1

Taylor Meier · Married on 05/11/2019

Magical, Beautiful, PERFECT

This venue was SO BEAUTIFUL for our wedding!!!!! We had a fairly short engagement - about 4-5 months - and all staff from Paradise Falls made things so easy for us. We've been getting compliments left and right about how amazing and magical this venue was. I could not have asked for a more perfect place!!!! And the food was AMAZING - the guests couldn't stop talking about it. The day-of coordinator Stacy did a great job at keeping everything on time and in order. She would keep me informed throughout the night without being overbearing, and would always ask what we wanted. I can't say enough nice things about my whole experience with Paradise Falls! Thank you so much to everyone here who helped make this the most perfect day of my life - especially Lynne, Stacy, and Victoria.

Sent on 05/13/2019

Hi Taylor,
    We could not be happier for you and Riley, as we strive to make your wedding as stress free as possible, from the planning all the way through the actual wedding day. It warm our hearts to know that every year on your anniversary you will have wonderful thoughts of your wedding day.

Best Wishes
    Cathie Ransom
    Owner

Samantha · Married on 04/01/2017

Paradise Falls and their staff was accomadating for every need and made our day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 04/15/2017

Kristi · Married on 08/26/2016

This is an excellent venue with regard to service and quality, and especially helpful if you are planning an event within a short period of time. Always very professional and well organized. Our wedding far exceeded our hopes and expectations!

Sent on 11/05/2016
  • BecomingBailey

Stacey · Married on 08/13/2016

I don't even remember now how we came across Paradise Falls but we set up an appointment to view the property and were sold immediately. We cancelled our other venue appointments and signed the contract within a week. It really is Paradise and it's like your own little world. With only 1 wedding a day, they truly care about each couple's day. From the very beginning, they were so easy to get a hold of with questions. We had multiple planning meetings that set everyone's heart at ease. Everyone on their team is a dream to work with. From Julianne at all of our planning meetings, Lynne helped make our bar and menu perfect, and Tricia was the absolute best day of coordinator when it came to the details we wanted and helping our vision become a reality.
    All of our guests raved about what a gorgeous property it was and how GOOD the food was! One added bonus is that you have an option of an indoor or an outdoor reception. They easily have one of the most gorgeous tent reception spaces in So Cal but it is also nice to have that backup plan if you have dreamed of an outdoor wedding, like we did. The market lighting makes for such a gorgeous ambiance on the lawn.
    It was so convenient to bring all of our decorations to the rehearsal the day before so that we did not have to deal with that on the wedding day. We were able to get there at 830am wedding day to start getting ready in their gorgeous bridal suite. They also have a grooms suite which is PERFECT because this is so rare that a venue has a space for the guys! It is across the property and easy to keep the two parties separate until the ceremony.
    I can't say enough great things about this venue. For me, it was a complete dream come true & I would recommend it to everyone. Everything from the gorgeous property, down to the amazing team, will make your day perfect at Paradise!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Amanda · Married on 08/07/2016

My husband and I are so happy we booked our venue here! Paradise Falls is the best! So beautiful and the best atmosphere for our dream wedding. The food was delicious, the market lights were romantic, the wedding was extremely organized thanks to our wedding planner/ day of coordinator, and the trees and waterfall were to die for! The best part is that I REALLY wanted a garden setting, but I have terrible allergies to grass. Paradise Falls has very realistic looking AstroTurf that made my life (and allergies) so much better! We loved everything about this venue. The whole process was so easy and organized for us. We went for multiple planning session meetings, had our food tasting, and communicated with our coordinator Tricia every step of the way. When we needed something, Paradise Falls was only one phone call away and someone always answered the phone. Billing was easy and we were discounted for using cash! The day of our wedding, our coordinator Tricia made everything happen the way we wanted it! She made our day very stress free for us. We loved her! I promise you will not regret choosing this venue! It was the best decision we could have made for our wedding and our guests raved about how amazing the wedding was for them too!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Nataline · Married on 12/10/2015

From start to finish, Paradise Falls provided excellent service, fast responses to any issues, hands on help with planning and questions, first rate staff, I could go on and on!! Julianne Pappert was our event coordinator and I can't begin to tell you how wonderful she was. I must have made a gazillion changes and she never batted and eye or made me feel bad. She was amazing at helping me find just the right look for our wedding and she was always cheerful. Our day of coordinator was AMAZING, there was a last minute change of coordinators and she stepped in like she had known the details of our wedding since the planning stages (I really wish I could remember her name, but I JUST can't remember). We had several guests comment that it was one of the prettiest venues that had seen and and the fairly lights just made it magical. I would recommend to anyone looking at an outdoor venue for their wedding that they look at Paradise Falls!!!

Sent on 02/03/2016

Donna · Married on 06/22/2015

The venue is magical! Claudia Garcia was the bomb!! Don't know what we would have done without her. She is so so helpful and ALWAYS available for questions, and I asked a lot of them even at 10 pm I was texting her and she answered within 10 minutes or sooner.

My daughter's wedding went just perfectly! loved everything about the place!
    Proud Mommy

Sent on 07/10/2015

Anne · Married on 04/10/2015

Amazing !! Our daughter was married at Paradise Falls on April 10, 2015. The venue is perfect for the more intimateweddings. When we booked this place it was undergoing a massive renovation and we had no idea what to expect. Once the wedding day arrived, the great folks at Paradise Falls did not disappoint. We booked the tent for the reception and that was one of our better moves. It was beyond our expectations, the tent was decorated in glamorous Hollywood style, the lights, furniture, chairs it was all so perfect.
    Being a new venue it was at times difficult to get an answer from anyone but once we got into contact with Liza we were reassured that all would be on track for the wedding day.
    Our day of coordinator Claudia Garcia, what can I say !! She is amazing at what she does. She looked after every single little detail we had talked about in our meeting, things that would have been easily forgotten the day of with all the craziness that goes on trying to get the bride ready in time for the ceremony. Claudia we could not have gotten through this day without you, absolutely nothing went wrong or was forgotten. You helped make our day a memorable one and we thank you for that. As per the recommendation of Paradise Falls we used Blooming Grace and we did not regret our decision, the flowers were outstanding and well within our budget. They fit the style of the wedding perfectly.
    Paradise Falls you people know how to host a wedding !!

Sent on 04/24/2015
  • Felicia

Felicia · Married on 04/05/2014

I couldn't imagine a more perfect venue. It was absolutely perfect, and beyond beautiful. It really takes you to a different place. The wedding turned out better than any of us could have imagined. My guest have said it was the best wedding they have ever been to.

Sent on 05/14/2014

Karen · Married on 03/16/2013

Our original venue fell through at the last minute and Paradise Gardens was so gracious to have our wedding there. It ended up being so much better than we thought! The venue is so cute, so perfect, and really made our day special. Our guests keep telling us how much they loved the location and how beautiful the surroundings were.

A special thank you to Michelle for all your help - especially at the last minute.

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful and we wouldn't have had that without you and Paradise Gardens!

Sent on 04/06/2013

alisha · Married on 03/08/2008

Would love to come back and celebrate a 10 yr anniversary! We absolutely loved the site!
    Mike & Alisha

Sent on 11/04/2012

Briana · Married on 05/24/2014

We got married here on May 24th, 2014. It was amazing..simply amazing. We had a little drama few months before our wedding with a management change/ coordinator change but it was all for the better. Everyone is so friendly and professional... Alice is simply wonderful with her response time and genuine interest in your special day. She has such a calming presence and knows exactly what to do to keep everyone in order.\r\n\r\nLove love love the venue, its a hidden gem in SD. Its perfect for small or large weddings. The backdrop for pictures is spectacular and they are always looking to make upgrades and improve the grounds with the new management. This venue location is \"different\" from all the other outdoor spots in SD....your guests will really feel like they were taken away to another place. \r\n\r\nMy HUSBAND and I could not be happier with our wedding venue selection and the team that we worked with to create our Kentucky Derby themed wedding!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Valerie · Married on 09/27/2009

Paradise Gardens is an amazingly beautiful wedding venue and our experience using them as a venue was very positive. Alice was extremely helpful as we went through the planning process and also on the day of the wedding. She was flexible when it came to arranging pre-wedding meetings and I appreciated her no-pressure, laid back approach to helping us. I would recommend Paradise Gardens to other brides looking for a beautiful outdoor venue.

Sent on 10/14/2009
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 01/17/2016

Paradise Falls is a beautiful venue with a tropical feel. Tracy guided us through the whole process and she was absolutely wonderful to work with! We had our ceremony late afternoon in front of the waterfall and pond and it was beautiful. The trees are full of twinkle lights that create a wonderful atmosphere. We had our cocktail hour on the upper lawn near the bar (we used a cash bar to conserve money which was a great decision). They provided catering (which we got SO MANY complements on) and a day-of wedding coordinator. As Tracy said, the venue really is so beautiful, that hardly any extra decor is needed. The only snag we had was that we didn't meet with our day-of coordinator until 2 weeks prior to the wedding instead of 1 month prior. Not a big deal, as this didn't really alter any of our plans. Just keep in mind that although they offer coordinators, if you really want the whole wedding coordinator experience (not just the day of), you probably should hire your own. They were still so flexible and very helpful. The El Nino storms hit 1 week prior to our wedding and turned the pond brown, so they were nice enough to dye it blue for our wedding. Don't be put off by the artificial grass, it conserves water and looks great in photos! Also, ladies with stilletos can still walk on it. Overall, a wonderful experience an our pictures are phenomenal!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Stephanie M Mongelluzzo · Married on 06/28/2019

Absolute Splendor -with a Golden Touch!

My son and his beautiful bride got married on Friday 6/28 at 6:00 pm and it was absolute splendor! The feedback that I received from the wedding party and guests was that the wedding & reception were lovely, special and memorable and that the venue was enchanting. This is not to say that it was perfect in the planning stages. We did get assigned to a different coordinator at the beginning that did not spark joy at all and we were able to get a different person who was fantastic! (Golden lived up to her name!) I can't say enough about how remarkable she was. She has the gift to keep things running very smooth and added a extra special touch to everything she did. The venue worked with us and were pretty accommodating to our specific needs. We were able to drop off the decor the day before so that we could be there the morning of to decorate and take our time. We did not have any lost items and everything was stored safely and organized well. The cottages were helpful and fun and the wedding party really enjoyed spending that special time together. We had 8 on each side so it was a full house! The staff before, during and after the wedding were very helpful and nice. The food was plentiful and delicious! The garden and grounds were gorgeous that evening and we had perfect weather but it is nice to know that there is an inside option. Both Bride and Groom were extremely pleased and thankful for such a splendid and magical wedding event. Thank you for your magic touch Golden !

Sent on 07/09/2019
    Paradise Falls 2

7/10/2019 Hi Stephanie,
    We are always happy to hear from the couple themselves on how their wedding went, however it means just as much to hear from family and friends, as these are memories that last a lifetime. Just knowing that from the beginning to the end our TEAM was able to accommodate the needs of our couple and make that everlasting impression on all. Also having Golden come in and do he magic.

We wish the couple happily ever after

Best Wishes

Heather · Married on 09/06/2014

4.2

Paradise Falls is such a beautiful venue. We really wanted a tropical backyard feel, and that's exactly what we got. The DJ that was provided was great and the wedding coordinator helped to keep everything on schedule and moving at a good pace. The only gripe I would have is the bugs we had to deal with at dusk, during the dinner hour. They did provide citronella candles when we requested them, but seemed to be too little too late. I really wish they would have told us so we could have prepared better. Other than that, our experience at Paradise Falls was great and we would definitely recommend the venue to our friends and family.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Megan Carney · Married on 06/29/2019

1.4
      1.0

Don’t be fooled by the beautiful venue!

Venue is without a doubt absolutely beautiful!! Our day of coordinator was 5 star Nancy Gallegos! Please don’t let that fool you! Management is unprofessional, unresponsive, and disorganized , blaming change of staff for all of the “drops” in addition to being rude and uncaring as soon as they have your money.

I blame the manager Lyn for being unorganized and unprofessional. Face to face she talks a good game but never follows through.
    They changed wedding planners with us several times not even communicating this to us until we had to call asking why emails were not being returned. Planning was stressful emails were not returned, planning sessions down to the most minor details were constantly recapped to us incorrectly numerous times. Billing was incorrect we were being overcharged and had to being that to their attention.

We paid for a beer and wine bar and only requested one beer be on hand they could choose the others. My one requested beer was gone before dinner was served in addition they ran out of two of the other beers offered. Very disappointing they will push kraft beers on tap.

Catering does a job good at the tasting but day of servings of filet are very small missing and were missing the sauce. Salads were dry and trying to get enough dressing for the table was difficult. The best thing they did was a late night taco bar which should have been dinner.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Courtney · Married on 10/22/2016

1.4
      0.5
      0.5
      3.0

Unfortunately, NOT WORTH THE PRICE TAG!! It's heartbreaking to leave a negative review on your own wedding venue. The planning and staff up until the event was great, and of course the venue is gorgeous. However, I can think of so many other venues in the area that I didn't choose that were just as beautiful and probably had better service. This venue is supposed to be able to accommodate over 200 plus I believe, and they couldn't even handle my wedding party of 130!! One of the deciding factors of choosing this venue was the "wedding coord" that was included. Well that was a joke! She was more like a server that night and DID NOT KEEP THE SCHEDULE ON TRACK. We also paid over $800 for an extra hour which was actually only 30 minutes bc they force everyone to leave a half an hour early. My groom and I missed out on SO MANY moments due to the dinner being served late. If we wouldn't have added that hour, there would have only been about 20 minutes of dancing. Unfortunately, I am NOT EXAGGERATING. This added so much stress to my vendors who felt rushed. I thought the venue would be a good value bc there was a full hour of passed appetizers and unlimited wine with dinner...well that was a SCAM bc there was only one server with the appetizers and 2 servers refilling the wine AND serving. Over half of my guests DID NOT get refills and instead of enjoying the evending, they were forced to HUNT DOWN THE servers, whom I was told were constantly found in the back standing around talking. The mother of the bride also couldn't enjoy her evening bc she was FORCED TO take over the roll of the wedding coordinator. NOT TO MENTION, the food was COLD. I thought it was only our plates that were cold due to us taking pictures, and the fact that we didn't even receive bread with our meal. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS VENUE! There is not a second chance for your special day, don't risk it with this place!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Paradise Falls's reply:

Thank you Courtney, for your review of our property. I am so sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the services on the day of your wedding at Paradise Falls. We try our very best to follow through with our quality of service from booking, through planning, all the way up to the big day. I want to sincerely apologize for these items that have left you feeling this way. This matter has been discussed with your planner and your day of coordinator to gain a better understanding of what happened. We have been made aware of the issues that arose during your event, which in turn affected your timeline. If you would like to discuss these matters further, please contact the operations manager directly at lynne@loswillows.com Again, thank you for your review and we hope that you and your husband are doing well and wish you the very best.