47 Reviews for Paperzest

A few months ago my daughter was married at the Washington, DC Four Seasons Hotel. Our event planner Kelley Cannon introduced us to Paperzest a design studio just outside of Washington, DC. We had the pleasure of working with Christina, she listened to our wedding vision and was able to render all of the details from stunning menus that were adorned with feathers, beautiful personalized maps and the incredible printed information and wrapping of individualized gifts for our out of town guests, place cards, table numbers with sophisticated framing, fabulously clever cocktail napkins and the list goes on. All of the tiny details that every guest notices but can not quite figure out how that all happened, Christina creatively helped execute. My son is getting married this summer in New York City, and Christina is the only source I can trust to create an outstanding evening before invitation with assorted paper goods. Do not bother to look any further she is the one!

Profile Picture Marda, 2/20/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Party Supplies

We have had a wonderful experience with Christina. After one quick talk she had our style down and delivered several great designs. We live close to her so we had the luxury of face-to-face meetings but she was also attentive over email and phone. She was much more competitively priced than any of the chain stores we visited and she did a completely custom invitation suite. As soon as our invitations starting arriving in mail boxes we started getting texts and emails about how impressive they were. We couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture User4429596, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Christina at Paperzest is amazing! She did all the paper products for our wedding including the invitation, program, escort cards and other signage. She was easy and enjoyable to work with. She listened to our ideas and had suggestions of her own. The final product was better then I ever thought possible! We have received so many compliments on the items Christina designed, we would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/9/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Comments from Mother of the Bride....Sarah and I looked through dozens and dozens of books to find a wedding invitation – but once we met Christina Barbour with Paperzest, we never looked back. Christina is eager to please, patient with questions which she must hear 100 times over, creative with design and always on schedule. We absolutely loved the finished product – bringing together the dominant colors of the wedding. The invitation which included a response card and an information card, was wrapped with a bright pink “belly band” with the bride and groom’s initials at the “buckle.” Christina also designed the wedding program and the escort cards for the reception. We highly recommend Christina and Paperzest – and let us add, you will be hard pressed, as we were, to find a better price.

Profile Picture User5203626, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Invitations, Unique Services (Other)

Christina did a fabulous job with our wedding invites. We were recommended to use her by a family member and the long distance working relationship was definitely worth the product she put out. Christina was very diligent and patient with me during the process. Our wedding was in Colorado and she kindly helped us from VA. I would recommend her to anyone throughout the US. Her invites received many compliments and a ton of impressed guests. She is very professional and organized.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/17/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Christina was great to work with and our invitations were BEAUTIFUL. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Benn, 2/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Christina with Paperzest exceeded every expectation that my fiancee and I had for our Save the Dates and Wedding Invites!! She took the vision that we had and made it a reality. With the invites being sent out less than a week ago, the rave reviews from our guest keep coming in daily.
Paperzest is hands down your best choice for all your printed wedding needs!

Profile Picture Julie-Anne, 9/21/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Invitations

All I can say is that thank gosh you can use your paper lady for things after your wedding. Christina is my paper girl for life, and I mean that! Since the wedding, I have been trying to think of things that I need her for just because I love working with her that much. Unfortunately, I found Christina and Paperzest after I had my invitations. Luckily, I was able to use her for programs, menu cards, place cards, thank you notes, and much more! Every single thing she did for me was just amazing. She is so creative and really has that touch. I can't wait for the next great project I can work on with Christina! Christina, THANK YOU!!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 8/10/12, 8 Reviews
4.3

Christina Barbour at Paper Zest truly created the most amazing invitations, programs and menus for us. We had such awful luck with trying to use a traditional invitation source and we found Christina through our wedding planner. Christina created beautiful, completely customized invitations, menus, programs, table numbers and a guest book sign. We've had so many compliments on the quality and the detail of all our paper items. Early on, we had trouble with her responsiveness but we worked it out with her and she was more than willing to discuss the issue. Christina is wonderful, we will absolutely use her for our stationary needs in the future. If you want beautiful, one of a kind invitations/programs you'll be thrilled with Christina.

Profile Picture Allison, 1/28/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Invitations

I'm not sure I can emulate just how amazing Christina Barbour is to work with! Her fully custom-designed invitation suite (Save the Date, Invite with response postcard and map, and Rehearsal Dinner Invite) set the perfect tone for our wedding. Every piece that she created for us was more beautiful than the next and she knew what I wanted even when I didn't! I didn't love a thing I was finding in the stationery stores or online, but I was concerned about feeling overwhelmed by her ability to create "anything." When I met her, she paid careful attention to what I was drawn to and what I wasn't crazy about. She put the perfect plan into action and we were able to send the most beautiful paper products all within (under!) our budget. Christina is HIGHLY recommended and I hope to find many excuses to work with her again in the future!

Profile Picture lara, 11/27/10, 8 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Christina Barbour and Paperzest added the "little details" that make a wedding special! While I had an idea of what I wanted to do for the save-the-dates and invitations, my artistic ability is lacking. Christina took my hand-drawn sketches--if you could even call them that-- and worked with me to create exactly what I had envisioned. Christina also worked with me to create a monogram, which we used throughout the wedding. In addition to the invitations and save-the-dates, we also used Paperzest for favor tags, place cards, table numbers and welcome box logos. Everything was fantastic! The price is extremely reasonable for the quality of the service and products. I would highly recommend using Paperzest!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/9/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Paperzest...Christina was fantastic to work with. She did the programs for my wedding ceremony. She was able to capture what I wanted from my invitation, email and phone converstaions. I wanted elegant, yet simplistic. When I was uncertain about a detail, she stepped in and offered suggestions. You also need to know that we never met! I'm very picky and I know quickly what I don't like. To work with someone sight unseen and to have seen only one example of her work (from a wedding I attended), speaks volumes about Christina and Paperzest.

Profile Picture leora, 9/4/10, 4 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Christina Barbour of paperzest is not only a talented professional, but she went above and beyond what we expected. The quality of her work is outstanding and we are grateful that we found her. We recommend her highly.

Profile Picture Aggie, 7/17/10, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Christina was absolutely wonderful - at our first meeting, she suggested the perfect wedding colors after I told her what I wanted, but wasn't quite happy with what I had come up with. She worked tirelessly the whole way through to come up with designs that we were excited about, and everything turned out wonderfully, from the monograms to the colors to the details of each. She was extremely detail-oriented, and always had great suggestions on the items we had requested, and also had a couple great suggestions for items or details we hadn't even thought of! Through it all, even through the last stressful crunch of invitations, she was upbeat and a pleasure to work with. Need a couple extra invitations, or another sign? no problem! By far one of the best vendors I worked with! We got many, many compliments on the save-the-dates, invitations, placecards, and more. They were so us, and fit in so well with the whole wedding, I couldn't imagine having worked with anyone else!

Profile Picture Sara, 6/19/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Christina is a magician! She was by far the best person on my team of vendors for my October wedding. From the first meeting to the countless, and I mean countless, phone calls/emails, she was a joy to work with. She actually listens to what you want, gives you beautiful options to choose from (when custom designing multiple invitation options for you), shows you things you would have never dreamed of loving, and then hand-makes an amazing product just for you--that you love! My guests are still talking about the save-the-dates and invitations she made for us. She is super prompt in returning any call or other exchange, and prompt in completing the job. She is so thorough, I met my perfectionistic match!
As for the older comment about strange 'number of guests attending' on invitations, all I can say is that she is also the etiquette queen. Whatever you decide, you will have no regret in choosing Paperzest. Trust her!

Profile Picture MaryBeth, 10/10/09, 7 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Great quality and flexibility! Can work nearly entirely by email if you wish. Great knowledge of etiquette and decor. Very responsive! Excellent end product!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/18/09, 10 Reviews
Category: Invitations

I still receive compliments about how gorgeous and original my wedding invitations were! Christina was amazing and I couldn't say enough about wonderful Paperzest was! I definitely plan on using them again in the future for announcements and cards etc...

Leigh-the Bride

Profile Picture Leigh, 4/11/09, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

There are invitations�and then there are Paperzest invitations. Christina at Paperzest has a gift for creating invitation designs that are so uniquely you. So if you�re in the market for invitations that just scream elegance, classy, fun, flirty, funky, or a combo of all 5 � whatever it is that accurately reflects you � read on, because Paperzest is where it�s at.

To me, Save the Dates and invitations were of huge importance, as they set the style precedent for the wedding day. I view invites as an advertisement of your wedding day � when invitees opened up our Save the Dates and invites, I wanted them to 1) get a little clue into what they could expect for the big day (think glam black tie gala or shabby chic beach wedding) both fabulous in their own right but very different feels and 2) get super psyched to participate in our special day.

I�m confident we achieved that goal with Christina, as I can�t even count the number of family and friends that said �those invites are so you� and the guests who told me that they were by far the most exquisite invites they had ever seen. But I don�t mean to gush�

When Christina and I met, I was a bride with a bad batch of botched Save the Dates. My first invite vendor just didn�t get it right. Christina was able to work with materials from the botched Save the Dates and create exactly what my fiancé (now husband) and I were looking for. Simply awesome.

Once I presented Christina with our vision for the invitations, based on a picture I had seen in a magazine, she asked a number of questions to ensure she had a solid understanding of where our style preferences stood. Then, much to my contentment, she worked with my fiancé and I to adapt the design in the magazine into a version that perfectly reflected our individual styles, who we are as a couple, and the feel of our wedding day.

In addition to being an exceptional designer, Christina is a consummate professional, and I guarantee she will quickly turn into one of your favorite people to call. She wants you to have what you want � and that is evident in all that she does. Her candor is appreciated, her response time (via email and phone) is exactly what you want in a vendor, the price is competitive, and the products are unmatched.

If you�re at all interested in custom invitations and paper products, the bridal buck stops here.

Profile Picture Sara , 10/12/08, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Christina created our wedding invitations and I highly enjoyed working with her. She made the process fun and exciting when it came to coming up w/ my wedding invitations, menu cards, programs, and place cards. She was willing to meet w/ me on more than one occasion. Christina listened to my ideas and helped to find exactly what I wanted and/or envisioned. She had wonderful ideas and was very professional and knowledgeable. I absolutely loved every single thing that she created. My wedding invitations were absolutely gorgeous. I would most definitely recommend Paperzest to anyone. You will walk away with not only a quality product but a product that you will be excited about as well as proud of. I once again want to say a BIG THANK YOU for everything you did w/ our invitations, programs, menu cards, etc. I just loved everything about all of them. I kept some of the response cards and so many times our guests commented saying beautiful invitations, gorgeous invitations ... I appreciate you taking the time the listen to what I wanted and creating something that I loved more than I could have ever imagined.

Profile Picture Beth, 10/11/08, 6 Reviews
Category: Invitations

I would recommend paperzest to any future bride, or really to anyone looking for high quality, unique, well priced invitations for any occasion. Christina at paperzest was amazing!! I can't even begin to explain how satisfied I was with her services. She did all of the paper products for our wedding from invitations to menus to escort cards and more. She was great!

She answered emails and phone calls very quickly. She helped me design invitations that our guests gushed about. She was patient with me as I changed my design and worked with me to ensure I got exactly what I wanted. She was professional and dedicated to her work, passionate about making sure I was 100% satisfied for my special day. Not only that, Christina really cared about me, our wedding, and this special day. Even though I am sure she has dealt with millions of brides, Christina from Paperzest made me feel special. She listened as I talked about how important it was that my deceased mother was a part of our wedding and helped me come up with some great ideas to include her memory.

Our guests saved Christina's beautiful work and have shared it with people almost 2 years after our wedding. Christina at Paperzest is one of a kind in this business. Her talent and vision make her a true asset to anyone's special day.

Profile Picture Aysha, 10/4/08, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Christina did an awesome job with our invitations. They turned out perfect and she took the time to figure out my style and what I liked. We received MANY complements on our invitations, even from friends (men) who would not usually even notice the invitations. They were unique and perfect!

Profile Picture Cindy, 8/30/08, 7 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Christina was great to work with. She helped us create invitations that really have stood out and made a great impression. We love our invitations and would definitely recommend Christina to others.

Profile Picture Albert, 8/9/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Christina, was amazing to work with. My invitations were absolutely stunning and affordable! When I sent out my invites, I received call after call from my guests offering compliments on the beauty and uniqueness of the invitations. The invitations were the perfect prequel to my wedding as it left my guests anticipating a wonderful elegant affair to come. Christina was very flexible, we collaborated very well together and she was very receptive to my vision and accordingly incorporated my ideas along with her creativity to create the most perfect invitations!

I highly recommend her

Profile Picture Wendy, 7/5/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Christina is so great to work with! I saw her at one of the local bridal showcases and her booth stood out. Very colorful and very creative. All of her invitations are hand done and unique. Before I went to meet with Christina I didn't have my wedding colors picked out...once I left I not only had my invites planned I had my wedding colors and TONS of wedding ideas :) I love her!

Profile Picture Hannah, 7/5/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Christina at Paperzest is simply amazing. I was referred to her by my wonderful wedding planner and it was such a great experience. She is so talented and creative. I custom made my invtations, menus, programs, table numbers, etc. and they turned out incredible. The price is perfect and not too expensive. All my guests raved about the invitations and how unique and elegant they were. Christina is a doll to work with and I have not one complaint about the process. 2 of my coworkers also used her for their wedding invitations and they raved about her as well. You can not go wrong with Paperzest, it was one of the best experiences I had during the planning of my wedding.

Profile Picture Whitney, 6/28/08, 1 Review