Palmetto Soul Reviews

18 | Mount Pleasant, SC

18 Reviews for Palmetto Soul

Rosally · Married on 05/08/2016

We wanted to have a band for our wedding, but was unsure if we were able to fit it in our budget. I researched for maybe 2-3 months on bands near Pawleys Island. I was finding bands, but weren't finding the right one for the style of music we wanted and for our budget. I randomly came across Palmetto Soul and browsed through the website and immediately contacted the band. I spoke with Treg and he was so friendly, super responsive, and easy to work with. We knew we wanted to have Palmetto Soul for our wedding. He worked with us on our first dance and was able to accommodate our song. We wanted to have salsa music during the reception and they were able to play salsa music when they went on break through the speakers. We had several people come up to me and ask where we found Palmetto Soul. Our guests loved the music and danced all night! You can't go wrong with Palmetto Soul and they will surely keep the party going!

jenna · Married on 04/02/2016

Palmetto Soul far exceeded all of my expectations for our wedding day. They are true professionals and extremely talented musicians. The band learned new songs for the ceremony, first dance, father/daughter and mother/son, and they pulled them off terrifically. They played beautifully for our ceremony - which was equally important to me. Palmetto Soul kept the dance floor packed ...seriously even the non-dancers weren't out there breaking it down! Our night would not have been nearly as amazing if Palmetto Soul was't there. I can't recommend them enough. Do yourselves a favor and hire Palmetto Soul! If you're looking for real music from a real band, these are your guys.

I've always known that I wanted a band at my wedding, and when looking for one, I fell in love with Palmetto Soul! Treg Monty was so friendly and easy to work with. HE accommodated all of our requests and pronounced everyone's name right when introducing the bridal party. They always had music playing (even when the were on break) which I liked! I wanted a band so that our guests would all enjoy the reception, and I wanted everyone out on the dance floor! Palmetto Soul was so engaging and played a mixture of everything, and literally, we had almost everyone out on the dance floor- young and old! We were so pleased with Palmetto Soul and had the BEST time at our wedding. Palmetto Soul was one of the highlights of our reception. I would highly recommend them!!

Matthew · Married on 04/24/2015

Palmetto Soul was selected by my daughter and son-in-law for their wedding this past April. They did a lot of research before making the decision, and we were not disappointed. In a word, they were fabulous. Treg Monty met with my daughter and son-in-law prior to booking, and they were impressed with his professionalism and affability. He was very responsive to special requests before the wedding, and simply a pleasure to deal with. The band's repertoire is wide ranging, and the dance floor was packed full all night. They also played for the ceremony, and we could not have been happier. Becca Darling, the lead singer, has a magnificent voice that ranges from soft, melodic tunes to hard driving rock and roll. Palmetto Soul bills themselves as Charleston's Ultimate Wedding Band, and they would certainly get no argument from me. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

We had the pleasure of having Palmetto Soul play during the wedding and reception at my daughter's wedding in July. Treg met with my daughter and her husband before the wedding and set their minds at ease knowing his band would do a wonderful job. This 6 piece band kept the party going all night long - playing fun upbeat songs that people love to dance to. I loved the fact that they played beautiful songs before the wedding started to help get people into the "right" frame of mind - a reminder of why they are there - to celebrate a beautiful marriage. They played instrumental music during the wedding and accompanied a friend who did a solo for the wedding. Treg and the band definitely are a top notch act, very professional and very talented. I would definitely recommend them!

Palmetto Soul made our wedding night! They were everything we would have ever wanted in a wedding band. They were so great to work with and helped make the wedding process as smooth as possible. The music was fabulous and they played every song we requested live! I would 100% recommend for any event, and especially a wedding. Thank you for making our night so special!

McKenzie · Married on 04/05/2014

We really wanted a band for our wedding, but were having a hard time fitting it into the budget. Treg Monty with Palmetto Soul helped us figure out a way to make it work and I am so glad that we made the decision to hire them! After hearing them for the first time we knew they would be the perfect addition to our event, but they far exceeded our expectations. Treg was very responsive during the entire planning process. They went above & beyond to learn songs that were important to us. Everything that we had discussed leading up to the event was executed flawlessly by the band.

It was really important to us that our guests have a good time at our wedding. Hiring Palmetto Soul was the best decision we made to ensure that happened. People are still talking about how great the music at our wedding was. And, people who I have never seen dance got out on that dance floor!

Palmetto Soul is the best wedding band that I have ever heard & they were worth every penny. They were extremely affordable compared to other bands we talked to. I can't say enough good things & suggest you hire them today!

Robert · Married on 10/05/2013

Professional, top-notch entertainment! Palmetto Soul performed a sensational set for our beach house wedding reception. From the beginning, the were very responsive to our requests and made the event fun and memorable. They played great beach and dance songs to accommodate the setting. We had the time of our lives dancing to the music. I recommend Palmetto Soul for any event and would book them again. Thanks PS!

Mauro · Married on 06/16/2013

My fiancee' and I spent a great deal of time researching bands before the wedding. We went through the portfolio of I can't remember how many of them, and we thought they all sounded good until we heard Palmetto Soul. It was like night and day. Their sound, vocals, and repertoire are absolutely fantastic, and we got compliments from all of our guests. I'm also so glad we decided to let them choose what to play based on the mood of the crowd. It was like they knew exactly how to please everyone at the same time. Even my family from Europe was blown away. Palmetto Soul was definitely the cherry on top of the cake, a memory we will cherish for years to come. We can say without uncertainty that our reception would not have been the same without them. They truly made our day, and we are very grateful they played for us. If you are out there looking for someone who can play good music at your wedding, you can choose among dozens of bands. On the other hand, if you are looking for something exceptional, Palmetto Soul is truly the only way to go.

Tom · Married on 04/06/2013

This is a great wedding band! They took information from us on what things we'd like them to say, songs NOT to play, and types of music we liked. Their contract is very straight-forward, no surprises. They set up early, played well into the night, and took care of all of their own equipment.

We got lots of comments from our guests about how much they liked Palmetto Soul, and how they really fit our wedding. They will do as little or as much emceeing that you need.

We got them to play beach, country, and rock music. Perfect for our reception!

Sent on 04/23/2013

Palmetto Soul's reply:

Allison & Tom ~ It was our absolute pleasure and honor to be a part of your magnificent and beautiful wedding. Thank you!

Johanna · Married on 11/11/2012

Amazing performance and overall professionalism by Palmetto Soul. Their sound was awesome, their mood was great and their feel of the energy of the crowd was perfect. I highly HIGHLY recommend this band for any sized wedding. They made our wedding reception complete!

Ashley · Married on 10/20/2012

Treg was the most responsive person I worked with throughout the whole wedding process! If I ever had a question he got back in record time and eased my worries away. They did the music for our outside ceremony and then played for our reception. They did such an amazing job, they even learned a song for our first dance. We had so many compliments on how great the band was. Everyone had a great time and the dance floor was lots of fun. Thanks for everything!

Connie · Married on 09/14/2012

Treg and the band made our wedding so wonderful, a night to remember. They are extremely talented and professional, but lots of fun too!! Their flexibility was amazing....the were willing to make every little detail happen, like our 'Pink Panther' themed exit; it was perfect. My father commented that he could have listened to the band all night!!

• Indra

Indra · Married on 06/09/2012

Great band. They played so many great songs and even surprised us with a special dedication at the end of the night. The styles of music for various parts of the evening were perfect.

• Andrew

Andrew · Married on 03/24/2012

This group was amazing to work with and did a fabulous job at our wedding. They were professional and passionate about their band from the first time we met them. They definitely have the experience to conduct a wedding from start to finish. They provide you the chance to remove songs from their list but in the end they really know what they are doing. We could trust them with our song list and knew they could keep the dance floor full the entire evening without us suggesting any songs. They definitely added to the atmosphere of our wedding and contributed it to being a wonderful, fun, unforgettable evening! Our guests had wonderful things to say about the band, especially the lead singer (the female vocalist). They did a great job and we would recommend them to anyone!

Beverly · Married on 11/11/2011

We fell in love to a song by Trombone Shorty at the Spoletto Festival at the Cistern in May. The song was "Fallin". We took dance lessons so that we could dance to this very sexy song which the Samba was the style.
    They learned the song and while Trombone was not there, you could almost close your eyes and feel the artist and the romance as we danced.
    They kept the party going and did not want to leave. To this day, everyone is still talking about the songs, the musicians and how wonderful they played.
    They have been asked to play at other weddings now as there were several there engaged and planning events.
    Great job Palmetto Soul and thank you for a great job.

Myers · Married on 11/06/2010

Palmetto Soul did a fantastic job making our wedding day special. They are very accommodating and professional. They learned a special song for us and they also played wonderfully for both the ceremony and the reception. I highly recommend Palmetto Soul for your next special event.

Great entertainment, great music, great atmosphere! I would highly recommend them.