Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast Reviews

126 | Palmetto, FL

126 Reviews for Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast

Mark & Colleen · Married on 06/29/2013

We had the pleasure of staying with Wim and Mieke for both Friday and Saturday. We booked the whole B and B so our wedding party could stay with us. I can safely say that this was THE place to have our wedding. We knew as soon as we walked through the door that this is where we were going to be married. Wim and Mieke treat you like family as soon as you call... Very accommodating, the food they make for you is out of this world. They worked with us to help plan the wedding too! They are like a part of the family and we plan on returning as soon as possible (hurry, this place fills up fast!!!).

Drs Mark and Colleen Shank

Sent on 07/02/2013

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Thank you both so much for taking the time to review us about your experience at the BnB. We really hope you stop by next time you are in the area ! Have a wonderful honeymoon in September and we wish you lots of happiness in the future. Mieke and Wim Lippens

jodi · Married on 06/15/2013

My husband and I cannot say enough kind words about the Palmetto Riverside Bed & Breakfast and the owners, Wim and Mieke. The venue is absolutely stunning and the owners are so hospitable. I would highly recommend this location for an outdoor wedding! We will be coming back for anniversaries in the future!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Thank you very much for the nice words we received on our review. Also from our side, we enjoyed working with you to make your day unforgettable. Hope you both will be back to celebrate your Anniversary or other occasions.

Judy · Married on 06/08/2013

Despite the rain, it did not dampen the great experience of my daughter's wedding. Wim and Mieke were so wonderful and helpful rearranging our venue to reorganize our wedding during the rain, making it an experience we will always cherish and never forget. The place is beautiful, but Wim and Mieke are unforgettable and the most gracious hosts one will ever find. Thanks Wim and Mieke for all you did for my family!

Phil and Judy Miller

Sent on 06/16/2013

Dear family,
    it has been our great pleasure to work for you during the weekend of your daughter. Your wonderful review is so appreciated by us. We cherish your family very much and hope to have you as our return guest in the future. Sincerely yours, mieke and wim

I cannot say enough good things about the Palmetto Riverside Bed & Breakfast as well as the Inn Keepers Wim & Mieke. They made our wedding day everything we could have ever wanted and more. We both knew that we didn't want to get married and have our reception at the typical wedding venue. I searched long and hard for somewhere that would fit our vision and I immediately feel in love when we came upon this venue. I knew this is where we were going to get married. It is completely idyllic and picturesque.
    It was so wonderful to have everything in one spot. It alleviated a lot of stress. We were able to drop everything that we needed for the wedding the day before, which again alleviated a lot of stress. It was so nice to stay there the night before so I could wake up the next morning already where I needed to be. No stress of getting to the venue on time. Breakfast was amazing! Wim & Mieke were so attentive but also unobtrusive. It was wonderful to be able to have my hair and makeup team come there to get me and my ladies ready. Again no need to rush around.
    You can tell that they are seasoned professionals when it comes to weddings. Everything ran so smoothly. They worked so well with all of our vendors. They make a great team, a team you definitely want to have on your wedding day.
    We also stayed there on our wedding night. A perfect ending to a perfect day. We woke the next morning to another delicious homemade breakfast that was to die for. When it came time to pack up the rest of our belongings and items from the wedding they were so helpful. Even though they had another event that day they were very flexible with us getting everything loaded up and out. We had to make two trips to get everything home and that was no problem for them.
    Thank you so much Wim & Mieke! You are amazing!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Karin · Married on 04/05/2013

The Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast was not only our wedding ceremony site but also our reception, day-after Brunch, and family accommodation site. The total package is available at this beautiful restored, historic B&B. We loved every minute spent there and Wim and Mieke Lippens, the owners, are amazing people. Their welcoming and caring style is present in eveything they do from the decor, the cleanliness, the assistance throughout our stay, to the amazing breakfasts that we enjoyed each morning. We highly recommend this venue to anyone seeking a romantic wedding site.

Sent on 04/22/2013

Dear friends,
    Thank you for your very kind words about your experience of staying with us for 4 nights. We were very lucky to have you among our guests and truly enjoyed every minute of being part of your special day in life. We thank you and hope to seeing you for a visit any time. Cheers to you and warmest regards from Mieke and Wim

We are from Florida and we really didn't want your typical On the Beach wedding. We found the Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast online and fell in love with it. As soon as we went to visit the Venue, I knew right then and there that this was where we were getting married!! Mieke and Wim are the Owners of this Beautiful Home and they keep up with everything and are extremely accommodating. I think throughout the entire year of our planning, we went over there at least 8-10 times. They had no problem at all with us going over and emailing back and forth questions through out the whole year. It was wonderful, and when your planning a wedding on your own that's exactly what you want....WONDERFUL! And it was, I have heard nothing but amazing comments about how everyone loved the Venue we picked. This venue described our personalities and we were able to make it our own! I can only say positive things about this venue and HIGHLY recommend it! :)

Sent on 04/01/2013

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Dear friends, thank you for the wonderful review you gave us. We had a great time meeting with you over the last year and are so happy that we were able to meet you and work for you. We hope to see you soon again. Thank you! Mieke and Wim
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 02/23/2013

The moment I got to the Palmetto Riverside B&B I knew it was the perfect place for our wedding. Mieke and Wim were so, so helpful from the time we first visited until the morning after the wedding! I really can't say enough good things about them or their lovely venue. All of our guests (and other vendors) kept saying how beautiful the location was, the bridal suite is amazing, and the breakfast they served the morning after the wedding was so good! They helped us set up, answered any questions we had throughout the process and are just the nicest people. I highly recommend the Palmetto Riverside Bed & Breakfast!

Sent on 03/05/2013

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

dear Kristin and Ray, Thank you very much for hosting your wonderful wedding at PalmettoRiverside Bed and Breakfast. We as well have a lovely time hosting you and your family/friends with us. We already look forward to being able to celebrate your first Wedding Anniversary! With warmest regards, Mieke and Wim

Mrs · Married on 02/21/2013

The Palmetto Riverside B&B is a dream wedding venue. We had our wedding in the garden under their beautiful tree looking out over the water and it was just perfect. Our wedding was very small and it worked really well for us but I think it would also work well for larger groups too as there is a lot of space.
    Wim and Mieke are such gracious hosts - they couldn't do enough to help both before, during and after the wedding and nothing was too much trouble for them. They really helped us out as we were coming to Florida from overseas and sent photos and suggested vendors to us. They are very responsive by email or phone.
    The rooms are immaculate and wonderfully furnished and it is great to have the whole place exclusively for you and your guests after the wedding (it feels like the party continues over the delicious breakfast the next day that Wim makes).
    The price of the package was really outstanding value as well. I would definitely recommend them to other couples - not just for weddings, but any type of event.

Sent on 03/26/2013

Dear friends,
    How wonderful to receive such a nice review from you. Thank you very much. We hope you had a wonderful honeymoon in South-Africa and look forward to your next visit to Florida! All the best and our sincere greetings.
    Mieke and Wim

Wim and Mieke have made this victorian home into the most amazing bed and breakfast. The venue is straight out of a dream wedding catalog. Our guests had a great time, the grounds were beautiful, and Mieke and Wim took great care of us. The next morning, they made us the most amazing breakfast. It was picture perfect. Thanks guys! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Sent on 02/22/2013

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Thank you very much for giving your good comments. We loved to having you and wish you all the best in life!!! You are always welcome here.... Mieke and Wim Lippens

Danielle · Married on 01/12/2013

We booked a room at the Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast so we would have a place to stay close to our venue. I also used the room to get ready for the wedding- so that meant my mom, sister, makeup artist, photographer and several others were there too. The innkeepers were so sweet and obliging. We originally booked an upstairs room, and they allowed us to switch to the first floor bridal suite because it was also unoccupied. I don't know if I would've made it down those stairs in gown and heels! Breakfast the morning after was delicious. I don't think we could've picked a better place with more personalized service.

Sent on 04/18/2013
  • Tory

Tory · Married on 12/01/2012

This is the most beautiful Wedding spot in the whole area! We looked at a lot of places before we saw this B&B and we just weren't 100% until we met Wim and toured this beautiful house! When we first saw the house it was still getting remodeled for the Bride and Groom's sweet and the reception hall. Even with the construction going on we still fell in love with the home and the location! Wim is such a wonderful person! He responded to all of my emails and calls right away about any questions I had about anything to do with our wedding. We stayed the whole weekend, and Wim and his wife Mieke made us feel so welcome! At last minute I had no one to help with putting my decorations around and Wim told me not to worry at all and to just tell him how I wanted things and where I wanted them and he took care of it all! He made everything go so smoothly! I never once felt overwhelmed with anything! The location is breathtaking and the rooms are decorated so gorgeously! We want to come back again for our anniversary and we can not wait to see Wim and Mieke again!

Sent on 12/29/2012

Megan · Married on 11/17/2012

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast was the most amazing venue and atmosphere a couple could ever dream of to share their Big Day! The Bed and Breakfast is a very romantic luxurious mansion with charming historic aspects and is absolutely stunning. This is truly a gem.

The owners Wim and Mieke are absolutely fantastic. They are very professional, informative, easy to communicate with and clearly they have poured their hearts and souls into the flawless Bed & Breakfast. They went out of their way to help make everything perfect and truly made us feel that we were part of the Palmetto Riverside Bed & Breakfast family from the first time we met.

We did the Golden Package as well and Highly suggest it. We stayed Friday and Saturday. Everyone felt as though they had entered paradise as soon as they entered the immaculate house. The rooms were all grand and had amazing views. Each room was perfectly clean had charming aspects and such attention to detail that made it feel special and luxurious.

We had 100 people attend our wedding and this venue was perfectly accommodating. The ceremony was held in the front of the house under a beautiful tree with romantic Spanish moss over-looking the Manatee River waterfront during sunset. The reception was held in the back of the house which was the perfect elegant setting. The gorgeous gardens surrounded the remodeled patio large enough to accommodate all our guests with twinkle lights strung above reception setting the perfect mood and ambiance. There is also a large hard wood covered porch with beautiful lantern lights leading into a indoor area that was absolutely top notch.

Word to the wise: BOOK EARLY because the Palmetto Riverside Bed & Breakfast is spectacular and dates do fill up rather quickly.

Wim and Mieke - Thank You for making our Wedding Day so amazing!

Sincerely,

The Newlyweds

Sent on 11/28/2012
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 09/08/2012

I cannot recommend the Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast enough!!! We wanted a vintage, romantic, casual wedding, and we got just that.

We reserved the venue under their "Golden Package" which gave us the entire property for the weekend, which I would highly recommend because it allowed us to do some set-up and organization before hand. It was also great to have the night after to relax with family and friends. We also took advantage of the AMAZING breakfast they have on both mornings.

The venue itself is gorgeous, and it showed in our photos and the day itself. There were great options for photos and we took some on the dock, seawall, on the front step of the house, in the trees, the staircase of the house, and even in the really cool old-style footed bathtub they have in one of the rooms. We had app 85 guests, and it was the perfect size for us with more than enough room to have space to share.

Mieke and Wim, the owners, were probably the BEST part of the experience. They were so helpful in helping us plan the day based on their experiences. They were ALWAYS there with helpful suggestions, and were extremely responsive to emails and communications and we took their suggestions on other vendors on numerous occasions, including our caterer and were SOOOOO happy with all of their recommendations.

We could not have been happier with our entire experience!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Dear mrs meredith and mr patrick,
    we want to thank you very much for your most kindest words and comments to us and your experience during your wedding weekend. A big and sincere thank you! We look forward to seeing you at the bnb soon again. Warmest regards. Mieke and wim

katie · Married on 05/12/2012

Wim and Mieke were great people to work with in planning details for the ceremony site. Nothing can beat this site for beauty if you want to have an outdoor wedding. The B&B is overlooking the Manatee River and there is a huge old oak tree in the yard for the ceremony. My guests couldn't get over the gorgeous backdrop for our wedding. Although I only used them for a ceremony site, they do have a reception room and an outdoor area if you plan on having a small reception.

Sent on 06/14/2012

Brandy · Married on 05/05/2012

Perfect all the way around, from the owners to the location and everything in between! I have absolutely no complaints at all. Wim & Mieke were a dream to work with. Extremely nice & personable. Beautiful location and grounds. I can't wait to go back and visit!

Sent on 07/13/2012

Caroline · Married on 04/14/2012

This venue is an amazing place; we had our wedding here on 4/14/12 and had it mostly outdoors on their beautiful lawn (ceremony) and new patio (reception). The food and cake were indoors in their smaller reception room. We had about 140 guests and it was the perfect amount. The B&B is so beautiful and has a lovely historic feel to it. Wim and Mikey, the owners, are so professional and work with you every step of the way. The only con is that the reception has to end at 10pm because it is in a residental neighborhood. Everything else is more than I ever dreamed of!

Sent on 04/28/2012
  • asb3315

Adam · Married on 03/24/2012

We were looking for a venue that would allow for the ceremony and reception to be at the same location. We met with Wim and Meike and instantly knew Palmetto Riverside B&B would be our venue. We signed a contract with them prior to the additon of the new bridal suites and reception hall. Needless to say we were and still are in awe with how perfect the new additions turned out. The venue was amazing and Wim and Meike went out of their way from the many many planning meetings, the visits just to see the house, the rehersal, the girl's night the night before the wedding and the wedding itself. We spent our first night as husband and wife in their bridal sweet and it was perfect and their breakfast's were amazing. If you are planning a wedding any where in the Tampa Bay area then Palmetto Riverside is a must see!!!

Sent on 05/03/2012
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 01/28/2012

The first time we saw this charming bed and breakfast, we knew it was the perfect venue for our wedding reception. When my husband and I first visited the site, there was no reception hall. This was still being built, so we had to put faith in the owners and their assurance that the renovations and addition would be completed on schedule. We could not have made a better decision. The reception hall (way too cute to be called a 'hall') and the addition of two guest rooms were completed ahead of schedule and far exceeded our expectations. The space was perfect and the travertine patio was great for dancing. Our guests raved about the site and how beautiful it was (we had about 70 guests, by the way, and there was plenty of room for them all).

Additionally, we stayed in the bed and breakfast, along with our family and wedding party, for the duration of the weekend. The owners, Wim and Mieke, were gracious and inviting hosts. They really allowed us to feel at home the entire weekend. My husband and I were able to have the parents join us for dinner at the bed and breakfast, as well as for coffee in the living room after our meal (an additonal option - Wim and Mieke can cook dinners on site in their amazing kitchen). And every single breakfast was a treat. We never ate better for breakfast. My only concern was that, after three mornings there, I might not fit into my dress! Wim and Mieke went above and beyond in every single thing they did. Palmetto Riverside is our newest home away from home! I am sure we'll be back again, even if just to visit or to stay and relax for the weekend.

Sent on 02/06/2012

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Dear mr and mrs ballard,

thank you very very much for your wonderful comments on your stay with us. It is greatly appreciated! Kindest regards and see you soon as our return guests, sincerely yours, mieke and wim

Sara · Married on 01/14/2012

Wow! What can I say the venue is breath taking and just full of history. The inn keepers are amazing and their attention to detail is beyond words. They looked after all of our guests with the highest regard and care. The food they prepared was amazing - I believe at least a 6 course breakfast all homemade and they went out of their way to ensure the food was prepared safely due to my allergies. Wim and Mieke have created an amazing romantic destination in Palmetto Florida and we intend to go back for a quiet weekend. As a venue for our wedding as soon as we walked in we were sold - water, nature and a cozy quiet feel that was our dream. All our guests loved the venue and the amazing atmosphere that was created. Thank you Wim and Mieke!!!

Sent on 02/23/2012
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 01/07/2012

We had our wedding at The Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast this past weekend and could not have ever imagined how perfect this venue would be for our wedding! The above and beyond hospitality in which Wim and Mieke provided made us feel as if we were home with family. We rented out the entire B&B for our family to stay with us and were amazed by the warm feeling the house provided and each of its rooms--each was beautifully decorated and immaculately cleaned. Each morning’s breakfast was fresh, homemade and absolutely delicious and served on beautiful china and glass. We couldn’t have imagined the variety served each morning: fresh fruit, bread, homemade yogurt, eggs with all the trimmings, French toast—whatever you wanted they had it! Amazing! And it’s served overlooking the front yard and the Manatee River. My entire family was blown away.
    Wim and Mieke did anything they could to help make our wedding go off without any kinks—which it did, thanks to their help! Our wedding guests can’t stop talking about how breath-taking the B&B was. They, too, commented on the comfortable feeling this place provided them.
    I encourage anyone to stay here—it will be a stay you will never forget!

Sent on 01/09/2012
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 12/03/2011

Our wedding weekend at the Palmetto Riverside Bed & Breakfast was incredible. We could not have asked for a more beautiful location, more welcoming and accommodating hosts, or a more relaxed stay. Wim and his wife Mieke were both on site when we arrived on Friday afternoon and welcomed my husband and I and our families (we booked the Gold Package which includes all rooms...there are SIX not four as the description here states) with fresh flowers in all of the rooms and champagne for my husband and I. The decor inside and out is superb. It's actually so beautiful that we decided against hiring a florist since there is so much natural beauty. They recently added a reception hall and a back patio which only adds to the ambience of the venue. We had a wedding of approximately 42 guests and it was very comfortable, we very easily could have had another 100 guests (or more) in attendance. Wim set up our ceremony chairs and our reception tables perfectly and were very gracious the whole weekend (we stayed Friday - Sunday...8-10 guests). Wim and Mieke are very hospitable and treat you like family. This place is a steal! Plus, being on the water without having to be on the beach makes for some beautiful photos (we used Dana Helstrom Photography). I have zero complaints and would recommend this place to anyone looking for a waterfront location. I wish I could have stayed longer. I've never felt so comfortable away from home. It truly was perfect.

Sent on 12/04/2011

Ashlee · Married on 11/19/2011

I CANNOT say enough AMAZING things about Wim, Meike and the Bed and Breakfast. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and both owners went above and beyond for anything we needed. Anytime I needed to get a hold of Wim, he always replied to my emails very quickly and encouraged me to stop by whenever I wanted. My friends now joke they are mad I got married first because they want to get married there too!

Sent on 03/15/2012

Our experience with Wim and Mieke and the Palmetto Bed and Breakfast was so exceptional it has taken me a year to try to find the words to express how truly amazing it was. A year ago my husband and I married here. For us it was a destination wedding and the one thing we knew we wanted was not to get married on a beach or in a ballroom- so the search for a venue was not an easy one. After searching and searching we stumbled across the Palmetto B&B- it was truly answer to prayer. It somehow meet my husband and my vision of a charming backyard wedding, my Father’s vision of an elegant wedding venue, and was handicap accessible to meet the needs of my grandparents (which surprisingly not every venue is). We quickly fell in love with the B&B and with its owners Wim and Mieke and their sweet family. We decided to book the entire B&B for the weekend and were so glad we did.Wim and Mieke are the most gracious hosts you will ever have. They will bend over backwards to make you experience as perfect as possible. Their eye for detail and strives towards perfection are evident in every aspect of the amazing venue.

Marrying facing the water, under an old tree in what feels like your own private front yard was absolutely magical. The whole experience of marrying in the yard and walking around back to the reception created such a sense of intimacy and ease. The reception was equally as beautiful under the glowing string lights and the magical backyard venue, like one of my friends said,“felt like movie set”. My only regret was not staying at the B&B another day- if you can, stay the day before, the night after the event, and the day and evening following. The wedding is such a fast happy blur, you will want more time to absorb the special moment that just happened while relaxing at the beautiful home that Wim and Mieke have created. Every part of our experience staying in and marrying at the Palmetto B&B was beyond anything we could have ever dreamed.

Sent on 09/30/2013

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Dear Families, .......Waw!....Thank you VERY MUCH for all these kind words. You know, we just do what we really LOVE to do and to receive such kind words from you only makes us want to do more....Thank you for taking your time to sit down and express your feelings. It is true that the longer you stay, the more you can really enjoy this special day and times. Congratulations with your pregnancy and indeed, we would be honored to have you as our guests during the time you visit your family in Florida. With most kindest regards, greetings and kisses to both you and your families.

Suzanne · Married on 06/26/2011

Palmetto Bed & Breakfast provided wedding night accommodations for my daughter and her new husband. They were kind enough to let the groom check-in early and have his groomsman get ready with him there. As they are adding on to this beautiful home there was some question as to whether the requested room would be ready on-time, which it was not, and Wim stepped up to the plate to make it right for the newlyweds! He was even up to greet them when they arrived at 11pm! Thanks Palmetto Bed & Breakfast, see you soon!

Sent on 07/09/2011

Jen · Married on 04/02/2012

3.5

Amazing and beautiful location. It is a little bit pricey, but the couple running the place are so sweet and courteous. The location is beautiful and the suites are so cute!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Dear Jennifer, thank you very much for your lovely review. We look forward to your next stay with us. Sincerely yours, Mieke and Wim.