36 Reviews for Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort

Barware (1)
China (1)
Glassware (1)
36 Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort Reviews

Lauren and Courtney were, basically, true wedding planners that came as part of our Dunes House wedding package. I went into this not knowing ANYTHING as far as what I was supposed to do and these two women made me feel like an old pro! My wife and I were incredibly pleased with the entire day and the attention to detail was second to none. Thanks so much, you two. We cannot recommend the Dunes House, and the entire Palmetto Dunes team, enough!

Os & Penny

Photo for Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort Review - What a perfect place and a perfect team!
Profile Picture James, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

The most beautiful setting to have our wedding with a wonderful top notch staff and support team. I would recommend Courtney Daley and her staff to everyone looking to have what everyone would be looking for in a beach setting. I would say she took a lot of the burden form us and made it so much more incredible then I could ever imagine.

Photo for Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort Review - Add a comment...
Photo for Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort Review - Add a comment...
Profile Picture Richard, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Planning a destination wedding for my son and daughter-in law could not have been simpler and more fun than working with Courtney Daley at Dunes House! Courtney and staff worked closely with us to see that every detail was perfect!

Profile Picture Joni, 6/24/17, 1 Review

I recently got married at Palmetto Dunes in the month of June 2017. I worked closely with Courtney Daley, who was a patient, efficient, and flexible Catering and Events Manager. She used her expertise to guide me through the entire wedding planning process but was also open to any modifications that I wanted to make. Courtney also was very conscious of my budget. Courtney is the reason why I decided on Palmetto Dunes for my wedding and reception. In the 3 months, that I had to plan our small wedding ( about 60 guests), Courtney and the Palmetto Dunes team made us feel secure every step of the way. Just FYI: Our wedding ceremony was at the Dunes House and the reception at the Centre Court Pavillion: it was exquisite.

Profile Picture Jasmine, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Glassware, Linens

I couldn't be happier with my wedding at Palmetto Dunes. We had originally booked the Dunes House for the ceremony and reception but due to rain had to switch the Center Court at the last minute. The rain was touch and go all day and our coordinator Courtney was wonderful with communicating our options and ensuring us that everything would be perfect either way we went. The set up at center court was beautiful! I gave Courtney a lot of decor and she and the staff laid everything out to perfection! The food was delicious- all of our guests raved about it! We had a very long engagement and Courtney was responsive and helpful through every step of the process. I had such a wonderful experience and would recommend Palmetto Dunes to everyone looking for a beautiful place to have a wedding!

Profile Picture Lizzy, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place was amazing and accomedating in every way possible. We had filet and lobster for dinner which was plated beautifully and the wedding coordinating and venue was gorgeous. Courtney Daley, the wedding coordinator goes above and beyond to make your day a day to remember.

Profile Picture Bridget, 5/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Dunes House at Palmetto Dunes was the most perfect wedding venue for our early May wedding. Courtney Daley was a fabulous wedding planner who made sure every detail was taken care of. I was always able to get in touch with her same day for questions. I really appreciate everything she did for us day of and day before. She was there to help us thru who would walk down the isle when and took away all the questions and nervousness. I would highly recommend the Dunes House for your event. It's well worth the money!!!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 5/6/17, 1 Review
2.2

I’d like to start by saying Courtney who assisted us through the process was kind and supportive.
The reason for low scoring was everything that occurred the day of, there were several issues that should never have occurred and unfortunately had a huge impact on my experience.
To start with the ceremony, we were required to pay quite a large fee to have the ceremony occur on the greens rather than the beach. With a large fee you have higher expectations. I was told the greens on the driving range would be cleaned up (the bright yellow targets and tripping hazards would be removed and they were not) and the location of the ceremony was suppose to be much further back than it was placed, leaving everyone on a downslope. With the fee we had reserved this area, however precautions were not takin to limit golf cart traffic and we had to stop golfers from cutting off my aisle right before I walked down the aisle. Unfortunately we were not able to be part of cocktail hour because of photos however the food I did see was not impressive.
On to the reception. Paid for upgraded full length linens, did not receive them or a reason why/refund. Wanted an intimate arrangement for tables, tables space awkwardly as far apart as possible. Wanted healthy ingredients to be included in salad, literally only ended up with the 3 items we suggested go in salad as the salad. Wanted family style service, ended up with just a few giant bowls to serve way to many guests.
It was heart breaking to put so much time and money into this event and have it turn out as it did.
Please clean up service and have space heaters available for guests to use on those unexpectedly cold nights.

Profile Picture Sara, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I can't say enough positive comments about the Palmetto Dunes resort, the staff, and especially our planner Courtney Daley. We were married on the beach at the Dunes House in late April 2017 and couldn't have asked for a more perfect occasion. The Dunes House location is absolutely beautiful; ceremony in the sand, dinner and party time on the deck. Courtney was a pleasure to work with, no matter how many questions or concerns we had, Courtney handled everything in a professional manner. Courtney was on top of all aspects of the planning phase thru the wedding and ceremony. Our meal was excellent. Our guests have had nothing but positive things to say about the entire day. We are 100% positive we made the right choice with Palmetto Dunes as the location for our event - thank you Courtney and Palmetto Dunes!

Profile Picture Patrick, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding and reception at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort and are so happy that we did! Planning with Courtney was a breeze from the beginning, she was always very responsive to our questions and good at asking us the right questions as well, so it was never overwhelming as we got things ready piece by piece. The venue itself is beautiful, we were married on the beach and had our reception on the Dunes House deck. Then when it got a little chilly that night, the venue was very accomodating about moving the party inside. Everyone has been raving about how good the food as well. I was particularly impressed as I have celiacs and am gluten free and the chef went the extra mile to make a gluten free fried chicken, and it was delicious! Can not say enough good things about the Dunes House, I grew up going to Palmetto Dunes on vacation and it was really a dream come true.

Profile Picture Kyle, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As the mother of the groom for a destination wedding, I would HIGHLY recommend Courtney Daley and her staff at Palmetto Dunes! We were able to easily plan the entire wedding from Ohio because of Courtney and Lindsay. They were always prompt and professional in their replies. They were always able to answer questions and to make suggestions regarding vendors. The venue itself was absolutely beautiful as the happy couple was married on the beach and the food for the reception was delicious. Courtney and her crew handled all of the details and made it so that the bride and groom (and the rest of us!) could enjoy the big day.

Profile Picture Kim, 4/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our destination wedding at The Dunes House in Palmetto Dunes in October. I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect day. I know almost everyone says that about their wedding day, but it truly was a perfect day. We owe a lot of that to the staff at Palmetto Dunes. Lou Anne and Kaitlin are definitely the people you want to help you plan your wedding. They are so responsive, helpful and willing to do anything you need. We originally met with Lou Anne and then Kaitlin joined later in the planning process. We were able to meet with Lou Anne in person twice before coming down for the wedding. She scheduled a private food tasting for us. We chose to have the southern barbecue buffet and it was amazing. The chef knows what hes doing. And his barbecue sauce is fantastic. The food the day of the wedding did not disappoint. All of our guests enjoyed it. The week before the wedding, Kaitlin was so helpful. Even though we came from out of town, we still brought a lot of decorations. We were able to drop them off earlier in the week so we didn't have to worry about it. At the rehearsal, we showed them how we wanted to decorations. I was not too particular about how they were set up and gave Kaitlin the go ahead to use her imagination. They used all of my decorations and then some. They were so creative with some of the extra stuff we had brought. At the end of the night, the packed up all the decor and allowed us to come back the next day to get it all. Kaitlin and Lou Anne also contact all your vendors - flowers, dessert, etc. - to set up delivery times to ensure everything is where it needs to be. And the venue! Great price for the location and what is offered. We knew the beach was where we wanted to get married and The Dunes House offers such an intimate setting with the ocean in the backdrop. It was truly a perfect location for a smaller wedding. My husband and I love HHI and especially Palmetto Dunes.

Profile Picture Megan, 10/9/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am having my wedding here on 9/26 and LouAnne has been amazing throughout the entire process. The entire event staff has been so accommodating and friendly. It's exceptional service and the price point was definitely within my budget. They also have great event spaces as well.

Profile Picture Aubrey, 9/26/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our first vacation together on Hilton Head Island and stayed in Palmetto Dunes. We loved it so much that our venue choice was very easy when we got engaged several years later. Because we had an intimate wedding (about 35 guests), we opted to have the reception at a private home but with in-house catering by Palmetto Dunes. Our ceremony was on the beach in front of the Dunes House. We planned our wedding from NYC, and Lou Anne and Kaitlin were incredibly helpful every step of the way. Lou Anne gave tips for selecting a menu with lots of variety despite our smaller sized group, Kaitlin suggested the best spots to set up tables and unobtrusive prep areas for the staff, and they helped with a dry run the night before the wedding. Then, when our ceremony was postponed by rain, Lou Anne and Kaitlin were immediately ready to go with plan B, but helped us stay positive while waiting for the rain to stop, and got the chairs ready to go right when it did. They also helped rearrange the set up back at the house so that hors d'oeuvres and drinks were out as soon as possible. In short, they had a great attitude and were 100% prepared to handle anything the day threw at them. Also, the food was fantastic, and all of our guests raved about it (especially the jambalaya). Between the location, service, and the food, we are so thankful that we chose PD and highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Tammy, 8/22/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Rentals, Linens

We had our wedding on the beach and the reception on the deck of The Dunes House. It was the most perfect day of our lives! We left all of our decorations with Lou Anne the day before, and she set everything up the day of, so we didn't have to worry about anything. When I got to The Dunes House for our wedding, everything was set up beautifully, just as I envisioned. The staff also collected our belongings after the wedding for us to pick up the next day. The food was beyond amazing, everybody raved about it, and the staff were great. Lou Anne was great to work with throughout the entire process and made our wedding run smoothly! We enjoyed every second of it!

Profile Picture Laura, 7/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Lou Anne Takach is amazing. She made sure everything was perfect for my wedding. She set up everything and made sure it was amazing and didn't have me do anything on the day of. She took care of everything.

As far as the ceremony and reception go, everything was perfect and amazing and everything I could have dreamed of and more. The staff was amazing. We had a toes-in-sand beach wedding with the reception on the deck at The Dunes House. Everything was beautiful, the weather was perfect, the deck was decorated perfectly, everything was set up beautifully. Hands down the most amazing day of my life. All of the staff at Palmetto Dunes, especially Lou Anne, made sure that it would be.

I love everybody there. You will NOT be disappointed.

My wedding day was...everything. Absolutely everything. Thank you Palmetto Dunes.

Profile Picture Tamara, 6/13/15, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I love everybody there. You will NOT be disappointed.

Profile Picture Tamara, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the Dunes House of Palmetto Dunes. The Dunes House has a large deck right on the ocean, were we had our ceremony and reception. First of all, it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Perfect place for a wedding, and I don't think I could have envisioned a more perfect venue for my beach wedding. I worked with Lou Anne, who was absolutely fabulous. She was sure to make sure every little thing was covered, and I felt so comfortable leaving my decorations and visions in her hands. Definitely recommend getting the light package, have the lights strung over the deck was stunning at night, and made for some great pictures!

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/23/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We planned our wedding at Palmetto Dunes from Washington, DC. even through a few changes in staffing everything came together perfectly. Lou Anne was so helpful, we had to change our reception site 2 days before the wedding due to weather and she was accommodating and met with us so we could design a floor plan for the new space at the last minute. She wanted everything for our big day to be perfect, and it was!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User3073548, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
0.5

Great food and venue although the professionalism is terrible... Dealt with 3 different catering/event representatives during a 1 year period and were swindled out of $$$$1500.00... Think again before booking. Just sought legal council in Savannah GA to review the matter... Ridiculous..... Book Elsewhere...

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture test, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Lindsay Thompson did a great job on our wedding! One issue came up and she fixed it quickly and efficiently. I would recommend this resort and Lindsay to anyone who is interested in a beach wedding!

Profile Picture Kerrington, 8/2/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Palmetto Dunes Staff were great! They were accommodating and very helpful. The food was great. They were attentive and quick at returning emails and answering questions. Would recommend!

Profile Picture Grace, 7/11/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Lindsay Thompson was very helpful and responsive the entire time we were planning our wedding. She was there during our ceremony to ensure that everything went as planned. The ceremony and reception was beautiful. I couldn't have asked for a better venue. My only complaint was that it would have been nice to have a to-go plate of food to take with us since we wanted to visit with our guests during the reception instead of eating the delicious food. All of our guests were impressed with the food and the venue. I would highly recommend Palmetto Dunes, in fact - I already have recommended them to two friends that are planning weddings for the near future. :-)

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding at The Dunes House in the Palmetto Dunes resort was the best and easiest decision we ever made. Everything for our day was beyond perfect and I cannot thank Kim of the Dunes House and Carrie from catering enough! I worked with Carrie for a year to make our day a reality and she was always friendly, professional and responsive! She truly made the planning process so easy! She truly went beyond my expectations, even coordinating a ceremony that was outside of Palmetto Dunes. Kim and her staff at the Dunes House did a fantastic job, the food was incredible and the drinks fabulous! The team at Palmetto Dunes did such a beautiful job with the decorations and were able to understand my vision! I cannot thank Kim and Carrie enough for everything that they did! Thank you Kim and Carrie!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/13/13, 11 Reviews