Palmer's Darien Reviews

Palmer's Darien 7
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 09/29/2018

Palmer’s Bakery Wedding Cake

I was unsure what I wanted, but with Palmers guidance, I truly had the wedding cake of my dreams! Melissa and her staff are wonderful to work with and very responsive to any and all requests. Picking the cake was the easiest part of wedding planning! Will absolutely be going to Palmers for any special occasion cake in the future. Also, friends and family still talk about how delicious it was, and our wedding was three months ago!

Lauren · Married on 08/18/2018

We were tipped off to Palmer's by our stationer, and we are so happy she gave us this recommendation to try Palmer's for our wedding cake. We wanted carrot cake with cream cheese filling and all of the local bakeries we tried did not meet our standards. Palmer's knocked it out of the park. First, the cake was beautiful, and they decorated the cake exactly as we requested with flowers from their florist which helped to simplify things. Second, the cake tasted incredible. All of our guests were raving about how incredible the cake tasted. It was so moist and the cream cheese filling was delicious! We are thrilled to have found Palmer's and will be certainly making this our new place for cakes for all occasions!

Sonya · Married on 08/04/2018

Our cake was a wedding dream!! Our guest loved the look of our cake but more importantly the taste! We had a mix of gluten-free guest and all the options were delicious. Palmers also recommended us our florist and she was amazing! We are definitely happy with everything Palmer's had to offer. :-)

Palmer's Darien 8
    Palmer's Darien 9
    Palmer's Darien 10
    Palmer's Darien 11

Louisa · Married on 07/21/2018

The most FUN cake!

We are so thrilled that we found Palmer’s Bakery in Darien to make our wedding cake. They were outstanding to work with from the beginning of the process all the way to the end. They were prepared for us when we went in for our tasting and had ideas to share with us. We landed on a Funfetti cake that truly captured the fun we wanted our guests to have at our reception. Their final cake exceeded our expectations, and our guests still talk about it. They not only loved how it looked, but they also LOVED how it tasted. I highly recommend Melissa and Palmer’s. They are awesome!

Stacy · Married on 10/14/2017

Best cake EVER! Couldn't drag the guests away from the mini cupcakes and the cake was amazing as well! Palmer's not only out did themselves with the cakes but also the decorations. Everything fit beautifully with my wedding decor and they worked professionally with my vendors and venue as well to make everything simple and easy for me. Highly recommend if you are looking for the best!

Sara · Married on 09/16/2017

Palmer's is absolutely wonderful! I can't speak more highly of their wedding cakes! We ended up choosing the coconut cake for our wedding and it was stunning and most importantly delicious. We received so many compliments from our friends and family. At other weddings I've attended, I've never enjoyed the wedding cake - Palmers broke that mold and delivered the best wedding cake I've ever had. Not to mention the cake tasting appointment was one of my favorite wedding to-do's. I highly recommend Palmer's to everyone!

Amanda · Married on 09/09/2017

Best wedding cake ever! Multiple guests commented on how outstanding the cake was. We could not have been happier with how delicious the cake was. We're so grateful that we got our cake from Palmer's (we did carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting).

Mikayla · Married on 08/26/2017

We had Palmer's do our wedding cake and it couldn't have been more perfect. Palmer's was extremely organized and easy to work with. The tasting was fun and easy! Once we made our selection, the team was helpful in guiding us on the correct cake size once we had our final head count. They delivered the cake directly to our venue and worked directly with our venue's event coordinator. Not only did our cake look beautiful - it tasted great! Our guests raved about the Oreo Buttercream Frosting! Thank you Palmer's!!!

christina · Married on 08/11/2017

Palmers did my local wedding cake as well as my bridal shower dessert table! For my bridal shower they made my breakfast at tiffanys theme perfect! They had breakfast themed dessert that tasted amazing! They also did my local wedding cake. I had a symbolic destination wedding but got married by the justice of the peace locally. I wanted a cake for our local wedding and palmers was recommended by a friend. Their service was amazing and the cake was stunning. I couldn't ask for anything better. The taste was the talk of the party. I was so greatful for all of their help. I would recommend palmers to anyone! They are great and their staff is understanding, reliable and professiona!

Palmer's Darien 12
    Palmer's Darien 13
    Palmer's Darien 14

Michelle · Married on 07/15/2017

Palmer’s was a great place to work with for our wedding weekend! They made delicious cupcakes and a small cake for our wedding day. At our tasting, we worked with one of their team members to put together a beautiful cupcake tier and also chose a strawberry cake for a cake cutting, after tasting an array of cupcake flavors. That evening our guests raved about the different flavors of cupcakes that we chose and asked where we got them from. My husband and I loved our cake too! Since our tasting went so well, we also ordered dessert trays for our rehearsal dinner and lunch the day of the wedding for the bridal party and everyone loved the food and wanted to know if there were leftovers to take home. If you are looking for delicious desserts or lunch for a wedding weekend, we highly recommend Palmer’s Darien!

Emma · Married on 05/06/2017

Traci from Palmer's Flowers did the floral arrangements for my wedding, and I could not have been happier with the way they turned out. She immediately got my vision and her excitement about it made me feel great! She worked with us through several versions of a proposal until we felt it was exactly right, and everything was delivered right on time and looked perfect for the wedding day. She has many years of experience, and her advice re: the availability of certain flowers and our most cost-effective options was very helpful. I would hire her again without a doubt.

Kristen · Married on 11/19/2016

Traci and the team at Palmer's Darien have a knack for turning your vision into reality. I just recently used their services for my wedding day. The flowers were stunning - simply a dream come true. Traci was genuinely excited to put together the floral arrangements for my special day, and it is clear she loves what she does. The team at Palmer's provided excellent service, and went above and beyond in achieving my vision.
    I highly recommend them for any bride - thank you again, Traci, and everyone at Palmer's Flowers!

Tara · Married on 10/01/2016

Everyone RAVED about the cake and dessert bar. We've all been there, a wedding with yet another dry cake. This is absolutely not the case with Palmers, in fact we got many compliments from our guests on how good the cake was and wanting to know the bakery name so they could go back for their personal needs. The dessert bar added a lot of fun to the wedding and everyone enjoyed picking their own desserts. We also decided to use Palmers for our day of caterings which was delicious and beautifully presented. Highly reccomend

David · Married on 08/13/2016

Don't waste time going anywhere else - Palmer's Bakery was fantastic from the cake tasting to delivery. Our cake was beautiful, delicious, and exactly what we ordered.

Colby · Married on 05/14/2016

We used Palmer's for our wedding cake and were so happy with the taste and presentation of the cake! We went back and forth a number of times on what kind of cake to get and how we wanted it to look. In the end they created exactly what we had described and imagined. Thank you for everything!

Without a doubt the best looking and tasting wedding cake I've ever had and I'm not just saying it because it was my wedding! Megan was great to work with. She was even able to accommodate a last minute elaborate groom's cake less than 2 weeks before the rehearsal dinner. It was so stunning no one wanted to cut into it. The flavors of cake were incredible for both the groom's cake and the wedding cake. The cake itself was very moist as well. Palmer's Bakery is top notch even down to the beautifully presented cupcakes as the cake flavors we wanted to taste at our tasting. Thank you to Megan and her incredible team!!

Lisa · Married on 08/29/2015

This was the most delicious and beautiful wedding cake I've ever had. I provided a picture of what I wanted for my cake and the bakers at Palmer's replicated it exactly. From the initial scheduling of the tasting to the delivery of the cake on the day of my wedding, working with Megan and the Palmer's staff was completely stress-free and easy. I couldn't have been happier with my cake!!

Barbara · Married on 05/09/2015

It was a pleasure working with Megan and the team at Palmers! Tasting, pricing and level of service were all outstanding. Cake looked beautiful and tasted wonderful. Palmers was able to work with our florist to add fresh flowers to the cake which really was a beautiful visual focal point of our wedding!

I live about 20 mins away from Palmers. They were very responsive on email. They were excellent during the tasting. They made a BEAUTIFUL cake at a very attractive price. Most importantly, the taste of the cake was wonderful. Delivery was on time and convenient.
    I will use them again and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding cake.

I was very familiar with the incredible quality and dedication of the team prior to planning the order, as my brother had ordered his FIVE wedding cakes which were all stunning and delicious the year before. I couldn't have prepared for how wonderfully easy and comfortable the whole experience was as a bride, and it was truly incredible to not have a worry or concern about the cakes at all during the entire planning process. I knew that the cupcakes would be gorgeous, and the display that they set up was absolutely lovely. We received so many compliments on the flavors as well as the design of our top cake. We also chose to have 7 flavors of cupcake, after going through our tasting and falling in love with all of them!! Patricia answered all of our questions and was wonderful to work with during the tasting, providing insight and quick sketches to give us an idea of the design. The peaches and cream was really beautiful and light and delicious- as well as the chocolate fudge raspberry... which was not light but one of the most delicious desserts I've ever enjoyed! We can't wait for all of the fun events to come, and will be coming back every time to get more of their beautiful treats! We can't recommend Megan and her team enough for weddings- you are in safe hands at Palmers!

Palmer's made the wedding cake process a breeze. It was also a delicious cake. They were able to bring make our vision a reality. I highly recommend them!

Lindsay · Married on 10/12/2014

It was an overall excellent experience working with Meghan and the team. They listened and took all our feedback and ideas to create an amazing cake and desert bar. I would recommend them to anyone, no questions asked!

Palmers was great to work with. They helped me create what I had in mind and the cakes were absolutely amazing! I can't thank them enough for the wonderful job they did at creating the 5 wedding cakes they designed for me!

Laurie · Married on 09/13/2014

Working with Palmers for our wedding cake was a great experience. Megan was so helpful in giving us suggestions, and was able to execute our design ideas perfectly! The cake was delivered to the venue with out a hitch and was exactly what we wanted. And all of our guests said the cake was delicious! I would definitely recommend them.