Palmer Dance Studio Reviews

80 | Greenville, SC

80 Reviews for Palmer Dance Studio

Vania · Married on 06/16/2017

Susan was truly a joy to work with! My fiance was very nervous about dancing in public, but after 2 lessons (this is all we had time for - I recommend more if you can spare the time!) he was feeling much better. This was his first formal dance (and most likely his last :-) ) and he performed BEAUTIFULLY. I couldn't be happier.

Susan has a gorgeous home where she makes you feel comfortable with gettin' down :-) and she is willing to work around a busy wedding planning schedule!

10/10 would go again.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Vania,
    I was ecstatic when you told me that Evan performed beautifully! I had no doubt he would do great though! Thanks for leaving a review and helping to build my business. Why dance if it's not fun? You guys were a pleasure to teach and I hope you consider additional lessons with me in the future.

Chelsea · Married on 06/10/2017

Palmer Dance Studio is the best! Sue is very easy to follow and fun! We were able to quickly learn many steps from her that will be a great addition to our wedding. Taking lessons for that special occasion is a sure way to make the event even more special and memorable. We look forward to dancing with true steps and cool moves!

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

Thanks Chelsea! Maybe you guys can come for some additional private lessons when the time is right.

Haley · Married on 06/09/2017

Susan is very accommodating and makes sure you understand the movements not just choreography.

Sent on 05/23/2017

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave feedback for my future brides and thank you for trusting me with your wedding dance!

Peggy · Married on 05/27/2017

Sue was great. She gave great instruction. My son and I took swing dance lessons for the mother/son dance at his wedding. We wanted to do something fun and Sue choreographed us a super fun dance. We also enjoyed learning in her private studio. If you want good solid instruction in a non competitive environment then contact Sue.

Sent on 05/04/2017

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

Thank you! You guys were so much fun!

Katryna · Married on 05/20/2017

Neither I nor my now-husband had any dance experience, and the the prospect of dancing in front of our friends and family was daunting. I chose to contact Sue based on other positive reviews, and I am happy to add my own positive experience! Sue helped us select a song that would best fit our abilities and developed a perfect routine to fit the song. We had input in what moves we thought worked best for us, and Sue was incredibly patient as we worked our way through the steps. We purchased 3 lessons initially but added 3 more to make sure we were comfortable with the steps. Sue was flexible and made time for us as our schedules were not regular each week. We genuinely had fun at each of our lessons! Having confidence to dance at our wedding and to other songs throughout the reception was worth the investment. And we can now dance at other events less hopelessly! Your first dance is on film (video and/or still) forever. It's absolutely worth the investment to look confident, comfortable and maybe even fabulous! 100 stars!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

What a lovely testimonial, Katryna! Thank you for taking the time to help my future brides by leaving feedback on my services.
    Even though you didn't think it went as well as practiced, I see by the photos you sent that you both were smiling throughout and that made me very happy. You both looked so beautiful!
    I hope you will bring some friends for lessons in the future and we can continue the fun!

Diane · Married on 04/24/2017

Great instructor, informative, fun and excellent instructions!

Sent on 03/11/2017

Rhonda · Married on 04/23/2017

Palmer Dance Studio is the best! Susan is such a caring woman who has a passion and love for teaching dance. She was professional and very encouraging. The choreography was fun and easy to learn. Our guests were amazed at the reception the dance was definitely a WOW factor! I would highly recommend Susan promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/06/2017

Rhonda,
    Thank you so much for your sweet review! I really enjoyed our Saturday mornings together and hearing about the progress you were making on your preparations. I wish you both the best!

Tyler · Married on 04/01/2017

Susan was a great teacher! With lessons from her, My now wife and I went from not being able to dance at all to pulling off a perfect wedding dance that our guests loved.

Sent on 04/14/2017

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

Thank you, Tyler! I hope you and Chloe will come and take lessons just for fun in the future!

Jin · Married on 03/11/2017

We had a great experience with Susan! She was absolutely a fantastic instructor! I called her after I found her contact via google search. She accommodated an initial consultation very soon with me. The consultation was very helpful, she listened to our first dance song and came up with some awesome dance moves for us.
    Susan is very skilled and professional!
    We recommend everyone to book early with her just in case you would like to perfect your moves! My husband and I plan on going back to her for more dance lessons in the near future!

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

Thank you, Jin! You and Scott were such fun to teach!

Scott · Married on 03/11/2017

Susan was absolutely great! The lessons were so fun and helped this stiff guy flow on the dance floor for our wedding. We will definitely go back for more lessons!

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

Scott, You did so well and you even have photos to prove it!

Andrew · Married on 11/10/2016

Great teacher that cares about her students and loves dance!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Caitlynn · Married on 10/23/2016

Such a talented woman! Wonderful with beginners and very patient :)

Sent on 02/14/2017

Taylor · Married on 10/22/2016

We found Palmer Dance Studio when we were looking to learn a ballroom style dance for our first dance at our upcoming wedding. Sue took us from zero dance experience to graceful choreographed dancing machines in 4 short lessons! All the lessons were easy to follow and relaxed. If you want to learn to dance, this is the place to do it!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

Thank you, Taylor! You guys looked great! I know your guests were impressed!

Ashley · Married on 07/23/2016

My fiancé and I were a little nervous about figuring out what to do for our first dance at our wedding, so we decided to have somebody help us choreograph it. We found Susan online and saw she had excellent reviews so we decided we would try it out. From our first session she was extremely accommodating and helped us learn at our own pace. She was very knowledgeable and patient and made all of our lessons fun. She also has a great personality and frequently kept us laughing throughout our sessions and never let us get discouraged when trying to figure out new sequences. We highly recommend her to anybody interested in learning ballroom dance styles!

Sent on 06/11/2016

Bianca · Married on 06/03/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Susan! I called her only a month or so before our wedding and we had a super crazy schedule, but she was extremely flexible and we were able to get in all 5 of our lessons before the wedding! We had a lot of fun learning and looked great for our first dance! She was very patient with us which really helped. She was really well priced too! Do your first dance with Susan I promise you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Rhonda · Married on 04/30/2016

Susan was such a delight. I enjoyed myself in every class, her positive attitude and uplifting personality was contagious. What a evening of fun. Susan, had a wonderful way of teaching each step, and correct body position, she was patient and had the ability to work with my limited skills. I left every class encouraged and excited, couldn't wait to get home and practice what I had learned. The most unique part of it all...I was the mother of the groom and she was able to even help my special situation, so universal, able to teach outside of the box.

Sent on 02/06/2017

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

Thank you, Rhonda! You are one of my best students!

Jazmin · Married on 03/18/2016

My husband and I were definitely a little bit nervous going into the whole process of getting our first dance choreographed. Would we be able to learn the steps in time? Would it look natural? Would we make a fool of ourselves? Luckily, from the moment we met Susan, all of those issues were pushed aside and we were so pumped up before, during, and after every session. Time FLEW by. After our last lesson, I was so sad that it was over. Luckily, Susan offers private and group lessons so we can always go back for more! When it was time for the big moment, we were so ready and our guests loved every single minute of it. It inspired other engaged couples in attendance to make sure they choreograph their first dance as well. Susan was worth every single penny, and I highly recommend this service to any engaged couple. This was a memory that we absolute cherish. The videos and pictures were priceless, what a fantastic night! Thank you for your patience, sense of humor, and absolute dedication to making our dance personal to our individual needs. I am so happy with how it all turned out. 110% amazing dance teacher and wonderful human being.

Sent on 05/08/2016

Katie · Married on 01/30/2016

We contacted Susan 1 week before our wedding begging for help with our first dance. She did a FANTASTIC job and was so accommodating for our short time frame! I'm so happy I have pictures and videos of us looking like we know how to dance instead of just swaying back and forth for 3 minutes.

Sent on 07/16/2016

Julia · Married on 12/19/2015

My husband and I recently started lessons with Susan and have thoroughly enjoyed our sessions. We had no dance experience at all. Our goal was to learn how to be able to go out and dance at any function and in only three lessons, we were able to do this. Susan is great at working with each of you on problem areas - she is patient and tailors the experience to you, no matter what your struggle may be! Lessons are fun and thorough and Susan does a great job at encouraging you ! We plan to continue with lessons from Susan and have recommended her to many friends!!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Allyson · Married on 09/05/2015

Susan was absolutely fantastic with the choreography and she was so much fun to work with. Even after the first lesson, we had nothing but trust in Susan and confidence in the process moving forward. She knew the role of the groom was going to be tough and challenging to learn, but she was patient and did everything from writing down the steps to taking video of us to help us practice on our own. I loved that the lessons were private, and in the comfort of her home studio, where we could learn the dance without any added pressure of being in a class. I felt that Susan truly loves her work, enjoys getting to know the couple, and is going to be cheering us on when we perform our dance on our wedding day. Thank you, Susan!!

Sent on 05/25/2017

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

Thank you so much, Ally! I loved working with you guys. Students like yourselves who are eager to learn make my job easy and fun. I was so happy to hear that your guests LOVED your dance!
    Thank you for using my services and expertise and I wish you good luck in your new life in Florida!

Sue is so much fun to work with! My husband was a little skeptical about taking dance lessons, but Sue put him at ease right away. She is very patient and does a great job of breaking down the steps so it's easy to learn the dances. I highly recommend using her, whether in preparation for a wedding/event or just a fun weekly date night activity.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Katie · Married on 08/02/2015

Amazing dance instructor! We came in 3 weeks before our wedding looking to choreograph a dance for 6 total people, and she made us look amazing. My three sisters and I planned a special father/daughter dance that merged into my husband's and I's first dance. None of us had dance experience and it turned out so lovely. Awesome instructor!

Sent on 08/27/2015
  • User5393690 · event on: 07/26/2015

Sue Palmer provided a wonderful experience for my husband and me. She listened to us and helped us fulfill our goals, while exceeding our expectations. We couldn't be more pleased. Thank you, so very much!

Sent on 08/30/2015

mindy · event on: 07/25/2015

I had so much fun at Susan's class! She is knowledgeable, professional, and is a great dancer with alot of style. She made the steps and the dance easy. She is a patient teacher with a great sense of humor, which helped alot. Her prices were more than reasonable,Z and she was able to get me comfortable with my upcoming dance in a few short lessons. I would recommend her highly!

Sent on 08/14/2015

Carol · Married on 10/03/2014

First Susan youare patient. Second you are encouraging, professional, and helped me relax and laugh. I was a fearful left footer who NEVER went on the dance floor when asked. The class was well worth the time, money and effort to take. I now have comfort in a social situation most people enjoy. Thank you Susan !!!! You took took my fear and made it fun !

Sent on 08/20/2015