Palmer Dance Studio Reviews

80 | Greenville, SC

80 Reviews for Palmer Dance Studio

Lindsay · Married on 03/16/2019

Wonderful!

Susan was a very good teacher and listened to what we wanted out of our dance. And she is super funny!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Lindsay,
    I love teaching couples as focused and intense as you guys were. I'm glad to have been part of your special day. Hoping you will send a video when available.
    Thanks again,
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 02/16/2019

Susan helped add that special touch to our wedding day!

Susan choreographed our first dance and we are so glad that she did! Neither my husband nor I are great dancers but we knew that we didn’t want to just go in circles for our first dance. We met with Susan about 3 months before our wedding and had 8 sessions with her. She starts from the ground up and slowly builds in additional moves/steps as you get more comfortable with what you have already learned. She somehow was able to bring the coordination out in both of us and was extremely patient with us as we messed up (a lot). On our wedding day we had a lot of compliments about our first dance and how we nailed it, and we wouldn’t have been able to pull it off without the help of Susan! We are looking forward to going back to her to learn swing, someday!

Sent on 05/04/2019

Chelsea,
    Thank you for your review! You guys were a joy to teach and I loved watching your progress with every lesson. I look forward to teaching you again to expand your dance repertoire.
    Sue Palmer

Lori Mason · Married on 10/28/2018

Dance Lessons for a Wedding

My daughter, her fiancé, my husband and I had a ball learning to dance for our daughter’s upcoming wedding! Mrs. Palmer was very patient with us as we grew more comfortable dancing in public. I would highly recommend taking lessons with her for an upcoming event or just for fun!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Gene Mason · Married on 10/28/2018

Fun Friday Nights

We had a great time each week and Mrs. Palmer made learning to dance fun and easy. She was able to make something so daunting because actually pretty easy. We are going back for more lessons even though the wedding is over!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

Thanks for your review, Gene. Your whole family was a delight to work with not to mention Cheryl and Dale. I'll be waiting for your return so the fun times can continue!

Lynsey Crisp · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing job!

Sue was great at working around our hectic wedding schedules! She also was very patient while teaching! She helped us with our first dance along with my father/daughter dance! We love sue!!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

Thank you so much! You all were great students. I loved that your Dad was really into learning had such a great time!
  • Kristina

Kristina Kania · Married on 09/22/2018

Look nowhere else for your dance instructor!

If anyone deserves a positive review, it's Susan! We went to Susan to learn a dance for our wedding. I had danced for many years in my childhood, but my (now) husband had no dance experience and was incredibly nervous. Susan blew us away with the quality of the dance that she choreographed to fit our song. We did not believe we could pull it off at first, but with her patience and honest feedback over the course of 5 practices with her, we did it! Susan made us feel very comfortable and showed that she actually cared that we learned and performed well. We sent video updates to her between some classes and she provided helpful feedback based upon those videos. If you saw the difference between the video of our first dance practice and the video of our performance at our wedding, you would look nowhere else for your dance instructor!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

Thank you for your kind review, Kristina! I knew you guys needed an awesome wedding dance based on the story of your engagement. I figured if James could plan that, he was capable of way more difficult things. The fact that you guys practiced pretty frequently helped you be confident and look professional.

jill · Married on 05/16/2018

Highly Recommend!!

We had a blast learning to dance with Sue! Even my now-husband had so much fun he’s ready to sign up for more classes and make this a regular hobby! Sue was super flexible with rescheduling classes due to work conflicts, as well as changing the direction of the dance when covid forced us to change our original wedding plans. She made it easy for both of us to learn our dance, and only incorporated steps we were comfortable with into the choreography. On our wedding day, we were not only confident performing our dance in front of our friends and family, and had so much fun doing so! We hope to dance with Sue again soon, and highly recommend her to other couples looking for dance lessons!

Sent on 10/07/2020

Jill,
    I am so glad to hear your dance went well! I know Liam was a bit nervous about it.
    Please send a photo or video when you have one I would love to see you in action :)
    If you’re up for it, I think shag ( state dance) should be the next dance style you learn.
    Thanks for your review,

Stephanie · Married on 05/12/2018

Sue Palmer was wonderful to work with. She worked around my hectic work schedule and always had us laughing. Our first dance went off without a hitch thanks to Sue. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Stephanie,
    Seeing you and Brandon dance always made my day! I would love to have you come back just for fun if your schedule allows.
    Thanks so much for your review!
  • Chancey

Chancey · Married on 05/05/2018

Taking dance lessons was one of the best decisions we made in the wedding planning process! At first, we were both unsure if we would like them, but Susan made each lesson fun for us. We not only learned an amazing dance for our first dance, but we also bonded in many ways by having to help and rely on each other. Susan was easy to stay in contact with, and she was always on time and prepared for each lesson. She's the best!!!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Chancey,
    Thank you for your kind review.
    My favorite part of your lessons was watching the way you looked at Zach while dancing and the way you loved to twirl in the long skirt!
    I wish I could have made it to the wedding. I know you two looked fabulous!
    Best Wishes,
  • Z

Zach · Married on 05/05/2018

Susan was excellent to work with. She caters to all levels (we were very much beginners) and teaches individual sessions in a very comfortable environment. Very professional, flexible, and super fun to work with. Definitely recommend Palmer Dance Studio for any couple planning their first dance!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Zach,
    Thanks for your review! It was great getting to know you and Chancey! I hope you will tell your friends about me and my studio. Better yet, come back for lessons WITH your friends!
    Best Wishes,

Julie · Married on 03/10/2018

Susan gave us great instruction on how to dance Salsa. We are going to feel confidence on the dance floor in Panama at a destination wedding of our grandson in March this year! Susan was terrific!

Sent on 02/03/2018

Julie,

I just know you two wowed your relatives. Hope you had a great trip and lots of dance memories!

Gabriel · Married on 03/10/2018

Sue was amazing in helping us to prepare for our first dance! As she will tell you, start your lessons EARLY! It will only help the final results. We felt very comfortable and confident! Due to Sue's great teaching, we were able perform our dance so well in rehearsal that she taught us some other dances and steps in preparation for our wedding!

Sent on 03/12/2018

Gabriel,
    Thanks so much! I loved teaching you guys. I am happy to hear that your dance went smoothly. Thank you for trusting me with your wedding dance choreography. Hope you will be back in the future to learn some other dance styles.
    Sue Palmer

Brigitte · Married on 03/10/2018

Sue is a phenomenal instructor! My husband and I began taking lessons months before our wedding and it was the best decision we could have made. On the day of our wedding, not only did we look absolutely perfect but we felt completely confident in our new abilities. Our guests were in awe of our beautiful routine and our impressive skills. We actually danced that night! (Which we never do). We highly recommend Palmer Dance Studios for ensuring that your first dance (or other dance routines) go perfectly!

Sent on 03/16/2018

Brigitte,
    I had a fantastic time creating your dance routine for you! I love it when my students are as eager and willing as you two were and I am glad that your dance lessons allowed you to dance all night!
    Come back soon and bring your friends!
    Best regards,

Amber · Married on 12/30/2017

Deciding to go with Sue Palmer to coordinate our wedding dance was probably one of the best decisions we made! She was professional, fun, and easy to work with. Prior to our dance lessons, my husband and I knew virtually nothing about dance save for a couple classes given to us as a gift years back. Sue would show us the moves she wanted us to do, and they looked so difficult, but within minutes she had us doing them no problem.

We got so many compliments at our wedding after the dance, and to this day people still bring it up! I would recommend Sue in a heartbeat to anyone, regardless of experience level. My husband and I will definitely be back for "just for fun" classes!

Sent on 02/14/2018

Amber,
    Thanks so much for your review! It was great getting to know you.
    I especially enjoyed Mitchell's face every time I asked him to do a particular move. He always thought it would be tough and then performed it perfectly! Hoping you are doing well in your new life as husband and wife.

Cara · Married on 10/21/2017

Susan was amazing to work with! I was very nervous about the first dances at our wedding but Susan gave us the skills to feel comfortable and ready to dance! I would absolutley use her again!

Also- the lessons are in her home studio so it's totally private!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Cara,
    I so loved teaching you guys for your wedding first dance! Thanks for your really nice review. I know it will help other nervous brides to contact me regarding their first dance. Can't wait to hear about the reception! Cheers!

Patience · Married on 10/14/2017

My Fiance and I LOVED it! He actually went home and practiced because she made us feel so confident! VERY happy with everything!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

I'm glad you and Jared had a great time! Hope you will come back to me when you get closer to your wedding.

Darren · Married on 10/14/2017

I was scared to death and not a fan at all of dancing. Perhaps because I have never thought I could do it or would be any good at all and was so afraid of embarrassing myself. Sue made my experience with my daughter getting ready for our Father-Daughter dance at her wedding one of the best things we have ever done together. We had such a wonderful time and Sue was so gracious, helpful and has this "two-left feet guy" excited to take more lessons. Thank You!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Darren,
    Thanks for your sweet review. I was happy to be able to help you and allay your fears. You and Sydney look great and I can't wait to hear all the rave reviews YOU are going to get from the wedding guests. Thanks again!

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2017

My fiancé and I were able to learn our dance in only two lessons with no previous experience. We went in on our first lesson with no idea what to expect and we left wanting more right then. We took a private lesson for our first dance for our wedding, as we had no idea what to do to make it special. Sue's vision for us is all we could have ever dreamed of. Sue is an amazing teacher and I would love to take lessons from her again!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

Thanks for your kind review. I appreciate you helping other couples by telling about your experience at my studio. You guys were so much fun to teach and were such great students! Students like you (and your Mom) make my heart happy! I wish you all the best!

Brittany · Married on 10/07/2017

We had so much fun learning our first dance. Sue was very flexible with our schedule and always made time for us. We enjoyed getting to know sue and can't wait to go back for other dance lessons!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Brittany,
    I really enjoyed getting to know you and Harley, too It was such a pleasure teaching you guys and your dance turned out beautifully! Thanks so much for your review!

Connie · Married on 09/30/2017

Sue is an excellent teacher who will happily design a plan to meet your needs. As an added bonus, she has a fun sense of humor and is always entertaining! Lessons at her studio are a joy!

Sent on 03/13/2017

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

Thanks Connie! It's always a fun time when your group comes in!

sarah · Married on 09/16/2017

We love Sue! We just finished our 4th lesson out of the 5-lesson package and I can't believe the dramatic change in my partner's and my dancing ability! We went from zero experience to being able to complete an elegant dance for our wedding thanks to her. She helped us find the perfect song, gave us wonderful choreography and made us feel very comfortable and confident. I can't recommend her enough - if you're thinking of taking lessons, go see Sue!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Sarah,
    It was so fulfilling for me to see how far you guys had come in your dancing abilities during the course of your lessons. Your smiles made my job worth it!
    From helping to choose just the right music to fit the theme of your wedding, to creating your choreography--all of it was a truly gratifying experience.
    Thank you for trusting me with your wedding dance!

Eve · Married on 09/09/2017

Ron and I took lessons for the Cha Cha for our daughter's wedding.
    We really enjoyed our time with Susan. She taught us well!
    I definitely will use her services in the future when we want to learn another dance.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Eve,
    I know you and Ron "knocked 'em dead" on the dance floor! It was exciting to see the video you sent and I look forward to more fun times learning other dances.
    Thanks for your reviews!

Eve · Married on 09/09/2017

Loved being taught the Cha Cha Cha by Susan. She was awesome and we had such a good time learning from her.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Natalie · Married on 09/02/2017

Our dance was a lot of fun and it looked really good for our first dance

Sent on 09/20/2017

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

I am happy to hear that you and Atticus had a good time learning to dance for your wedding. I appreciate you leaving a review for my future couples who are considering dance lessons. Thanks for trusting me with your wedding choreography and I wish you both the best!

Jone · Married on 06/28/2017

She made it fun and explained the moves in a way you could relate and remember them.

Sent on 03/14/2017