Palafox Wharf Waterfront Reviews

186 | Pensacola, FL

186 Reviews for Palafox Wharf Waterfront

Sandy and staff were very helpful!

Sent on 01/10/2016

Marsha · Married on 11/15/2015

What an amazing experience! The venue was absolutely beautiful, the entire staff was responsive, kind and extremely help (special Thanks to Sandy and Melinda). I would highly recommend the Palfox Wharf! The wedding went on without a single hitch! Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Dana · Married on 11/14/2015

Take Sandy's advice on everything.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Christa · Married on 11/05/2015

Sandy was absolutely amazing and very helpful. she provides her brides with all the information they need to complete their wedding days. The Venue itself is stunning, day and night. This place is worth it all. 5 out of 5!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Cassidy · Married on 10/18/2015

Palafox Wharf was the perfect location for our October wedding. Sandy was so sweet, always willing to help, and very accommodating (we had some non-traditional requests). We used both the indoor and outdoor spaces and most of our vendors came from her recommendations. I would absolutely recommend the Palafox Wharf.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Rebekah · Married on 10/17/2015

I'm from Pensacola, but I currently live in the DC area. I don't think I would've been able to plan a wedding from hundreds of miles away without Sandy's help. We literally stumbled upon the venue walking around downtown on a visit, and we all but decided on it that day after Sandy showed us around. I knew I was getting a pretty, cozy venue on the beautiful downtown Pensacola waterfront, but I didn't know that the owner would be providing so much extra help on everything from vendors to planning. Extremely responsive to questions and very sweet and nice to work with. Lovely experience; would definitely recommend.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Lindsey · Married on 10/11/2015

Everything was absolutely amazing. Couldn't have found a better place, it was gorgeous, clean and the in house planner, Melinda,was a life saver. Sandy, the manager, does an amazing job making sure every detail is perfect for your wedding ( or other event). If I could go back in time to re do my wedding, there wouldn't be a thing I would change all thanks to the wharf and the team they have there. Perfection!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Blake · Married on 10/10/2015

Sandy and the rest of her crew took such great care of us. Everything was ready for us the day of and they took care of all of our needs and requests in a more than timely manner. We cannot thank you guys enough for how awesome you were to us and our guests. Thank you for having us and letting us spend our big day with you!

This venue is perfect inside and out and we highly recommend it to anyone in the area or traveling. Thanks Sandy! - Blake and Amanda Jones

Sent on 10/22/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/09/2015

Great venue!! Sandy and Melinda were amazing and helped make my day go very smoothly. My guests loved it and it looked absolutely beautiful in the pics as well.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Jamie · Married on 09/26/2015

Palafox Wharf could not have been a more perfect and beautiful wedding location! We utilized the amazing lawn for the ceremony and even had a great spot for lawn games for our guests which was a huge hit!! The reception was inside the venue and the guests could not stop gushing about how beautiful and picturesque it was! The details in the building make for amazing pictures and even better memories! Sandy was also a huge help with planning. Once we booked the venue, she gave us a list of recommended vendors all of which helped make the day so perfect! She was a delight to work with for the planning! Thank you Sandy for the help and amazing venue!

Sent on 11/15/2015

Shelby · Married on 09/19/2015

The palafox wharf is a dream wedding venue! It's on the water, downtown, so nice inside and out! I loved having my wedding and reception at the same place. Sandy is amazing to work with, always so flexible and will do anything to make your day exactly what you dreamed! If I did my wedding all over again I wouldn't pick anywhere else than the Palafox Wharf.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Courtney · Married on 09/06/2015

I could not be a happier bride! Sandy & everyone at Palafox Wharf are AMAZING! She was so helpful throughout our entire planning process - suggested vendors, reminded us about things we may have forgotten, and was very helpful and thorough when mapping out our table & decoration placement. Sandy does an excellent job in preserving the character of this venue so that it is in pristine condition for each and every bride. We looked at SO many venues when deciding where we wanted to have the wedding but this is the only venue that had SO much character that we felt we didn't need to decorate much more than the tables which saved us a lot of stress and money had we went with another location, and also for a very reasonable price. The grassy area outside is BEAUTIFUL for a sunset wedding. Living in Pensacola my whole life I felt that a beach wedding was too cliche - but at Palafox Wharf I got the downtown classy feel that I was going for as well as the beautiful water & scenery that Florida has to offer. Sandy has a great relationship with many vendors and we were very happy with everyone she recommended. I am still getting compliments from guests of how gorgeous and fun our venue was I would recommend them to any other bride-to-be!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Tina · Married on 09/06/2015

Simply THE BEST! Could not ask for a better location for my daughter's wedding. Palafox Wharf is as beautiful as the people who own it. Sandy goes above and beyond to insure your event goes perfectly. As a mother of the bride, the peace you feel working with her as you plan your daughter's special day can not be explained. The venue itself has it all. Hands down the top notch venue and pricing in downtown Pensacola. Our guests are still talking about the wedding.

Sent on 11/08/2015

Diane · Married on 09/05/2015

I really don't even know where to begin with how amazing Sandy and the Palafox Wharf were a perfect fit for our daughters Wedding Reception. We fell in love with the Wharf the moment we walked into the room, as did all of our guest. Sandy was able to direct us to most of the vendors that we used, and this was huge for us as we live out of town and really didn't know who to call or use. My daughter's wedding dress was not altered correctly the first time and Sandy stayed late at a meeting with us on her Anniversary no less to help us figure out what to do, we followed her suggestion and the dress was amazing in the end. It meant so much to my daughter to be able to have such a beautiful place to celebrate her reception with her family and friends. I can't imagine a better place to have held this special day. Thank you Sandy for all your help.

Sent on 11/03/2015
  • User5365592 · event on: 08/13/2015

Palafox Waterfront Wharf was the perfect venue for my husband's Change of Command party. It has a rustic elegance that was the perfect setting for our event. It is impeccably clean and well maintained. Sandy and Peter make you feel like family! Sandy provided all the resources needed to plan our event from beginning to end. She is a GEM! Really can't praise them enough!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Kristi · Married on 06/28/2015

We are SO pleased with Sandy and the Palafox Wharf! Our experience with this venue was flawless from the first time we contacted Sandy until the day after our reception. Sandy was a true professional - she answered all of our questions, recommended excellent vendors, and made the whole process of planning our wedding reception so easy. I can not say enough great things about her! The venue is absolutely gorgeous. We used the lawn and the deck in addition to the indoor space and all of our guests loved the view of the waterfront. The charm of Palafox Wharf just can't be beat - the exposed brick walls are beautiful, as are the floors. The bathrooms and kitchen were very neat and clean. I will) recommend this venue to every bride I know! Thank you, Sandy!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Samantha · Married on 06/20/2015

Sandy is amazing! My wedding is not scheduled until June 2015, but I am already 100% positive that it will be great with the help of Sandy. She is so organized and professional. Her venue is absolutely beautiful! I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 12/19/2014
  • W

Wil · event on: 06/19/2015

My wife and I organized my sister's 30th bday party with the "Goodbye to the roaring 20's@ theme. The party was a 100% success!!! This venue is amazing and the owners are the most understanding people you will ever meet. Sandy was such a great help with her attention to details. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone who wants an unforgettable event!
    Note: we used chef Bob from Olive. His food was amazing and affordable

Sent on 11/02/2015

The Palafox Wharf Waterfront Reception Venue encapsulates 19th century charm and is located right on the water at the beginning of one of the most lively streets in downtown Pensacola. We hosted our wedding reception here mid-May (2015) and can only express gratitude for the wonderful experience we had. The owner, Sandy McDavid, was exceptionally helpful in our wedding planning process; providing vendor recommendations and was always readily available to answer our questions every step of the way. She was profoundly supportive.

The building possesses qualities and touches that would make any event feel special: gorgeous polished hardwood floors, the bright skylights and high ceilings, a beautiful bar top, and the deck out back overlooking the water, to name a few. We not only were able to provide our guests with an experience of comfort and excitement, but we have wonderful lifelong memories that are deeply cherished.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Brenda · Married on 04/25/2015

Sandy was amazing, she is so helpful and has the best resources! Every vendor she recommended was equally as helpful and professional!
    The venue is amazing from the view on the deck to the beautiful venue itself. My daughter was able to have her dream wedding, thank you Sandy!!

Sent on 05/09/2015

Courtney · Married on 04/25/2015

Talk about wedding of your dreams! The Palafox Wharf is that and so much more. Beautiful serene surroundings, outfitted with the most beautiful mahogany reception setting.

Sandy is truly amazing! She takes the guess work out of researching vendors, and she truly makes you feel so very special. She's professional and very experienced with any scenario. Including last minute rain storm recovery!! I definitely recommend the Palafox Wharf.

Sent on 05/20/2015

We had the absolute best time at our reception at The Palafox Wharf! Sandy made planning our reception so easy and stress-free, we couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. The venue itself is gorgeous both inside and outside. We used the side yard for cocktail hour and the inside for the dinner. We had a little bit of rain, but we had tents as a back up and to be honest, it was just as beautiful had it been sunny! We would definitely recommend this venue to anyone and everyone who is looking for a beautiful and unique place for their wedding!

Sent on 04/22/2015

Megan · Married on 03/28/2015

This venue has it all. Of all the locations I looked at in Pensacola for my wedding ceremony and reception Palafox Wharf has the most quality for the value. I would definitely recommend using Palafox Wharf for your venue. Sandy is extremely sweet and there for you every step of the way.

Sent on 04/23/2015

Dellaina · Married on 03/27/2015

It was the perfect place for my wedding and a perfect setting for our pictures! Inside and outside! Everything about it was great!

Sent on 03/28/2015

Ramona · Married on 03/22/2015

Sandy was amazing! She provides a list of vendors to her brides to be and stays in touch throughout the entire process. She made planning a wedding a lot less stressful, and the venue is breathetaking! My guests had an amazing time and complimented the venue over and over. I highly recommend this venue to any bride to be looking for a truly amazing wedding and reception venue.

Sent on 03/23/2015