Palafox Wharf Waterfront Reviews

186 | Pensacola, FL

186 Reviews for Palafox Wharf Waterfront

Chantel · Married on 12/02/2016

Sandy and the entire staff were extremely helpful and the wedding day was amazing. I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in holding an event. We can't thank them enough for everything!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Sandy was absolutely fabulous at always making herself available to meet or discuss wedding details. As a destination bride I could not have asked for better communication! I also worked with Melinda for my reception planning. She is amazing! She too was always available to provide assistance and advice. Everything I wanted for decor she made sure was in place. I was blown away when my husband and I walked into our reception! She even assisted the morning of, leading up to the ceremony, helping in any way we needed. She made sure we stuck to our schedule in a calm manner, which for a bride is necessary! I highly recommend Palafox Wharf. They truly make your day feel special and important. It is a beautiful venue with responsible staff that are helpful and all around excited to be a part of your wedding. Our wedding day was perfect thanks to Palafox Wharf!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Caleigh · Married on 11/19/2016

Sandy was amazing to work with and helped us out so much with flexibility and suggestions and ideas for the wedding and was always responsive when we had questions or concerns!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Alli · Married on 10/29/2016

If you are ready to take your chance on the weather and have a beautiful outdoor reception, I highly recommend Palafox Wharf. We had great weather and an open air tent on the lawn with about 250 guests. The sun was setting behind us and the scenery was stunning. This is a venue where you basically bring everything in. They do have some tables/chairs/lights available, but it allows you to be creative and make it yours regarding food/decor/beverages. Being able to use the lawn and the outdoor deck truly made our reception exactly how we wanted. We used PS Weddings for planning/coordinating in Pensacola, FL, Richey's East for the bar, Fiore for flowers, Nancy's for catering, Wedding Walls for tent decor and Gulf Coast Tents for our tent frame.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Marv · event on: 10/26/2016

Sandy and Melinda were superb and their catering recomendations SPOT ON!!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/23/2016

An absolutely stunning location for our wedding reception! We fell in love with the venue as soon as we saw it and when we found out we could have a boat exit we were sold! Sandy was wonderful in helping with all the details such as table layout, decoration ideas, and overall flow of the ceremony. It was a perfect day and we got so many compliments on the location.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2016

We used Palafox Wharf as the venue of our wedding on October 9th. We wanted a nice outdoor space for our ceremony, but a unique indoor space for our reception. Palafox Wharf has a beautiful lawn with a gorgeous view of the marina next door. The lawn was the perfect location for our ceremony.

Palafox Wharf was originally a shipping warehouse and contains all of the original wood, including huge masts and a large, beautiful bar. It was the perfect space for our 115-person reception.

Sandy was a pleasure to work with. She has a few rules on types of decor due to the historic nature of the venue, but she worked with us to meet every request we had. We recommend Palafox Wharf as a beautiful space for any wedding or special event.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Danielle · Married on 10/08/2016

We had a fabulous experience with Sandy and the Palafox Wharf team. From beginning to end Sandy was responsive and very helpful finding other vendors. I planned everything out of town and she made it seamless. There was a last minute issue with my linen order (due to hurricane Matthew) and I didn't even know about it. It was just handled and everything looked beautiful. I would recommend her and her venue all day long. The location is also a selling point. It's right in downtown Pensacola as well as waterfront. We were able to do a fun boat send off that was unique to anything I'd ever seen at a wedding. Bottom line: use Palafox Wharf, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Kimberly · Married on 09/11/2016

We live out of state and was trying to plan a wedding from out of state. Sandy was very patient in working with us with completing deadlines for our wedding.

Make a decision if you want an outdoor wedding with a waterfront in the background or just an indoor wedding. Our wedding was on the patio and the reception was inside the venue. The background of the patio with the waterfront and boats and the inside of the venue was gorgeous. The pictures via phone turned out beautiful. We are just waiting on the pictures from our wedding photographer.

Thanks Sandy for your help and advice.
    Jerry and Kim

Sent on 09/26/2016

Rashanna · event on: 08/19/2016

This was the first time in over four years we held a company party at a location other than Destin. The entire company loved the location and the scenery. Everyone we dealt with at Palafox Wharf were wonderful. The Palafox Wharf is such a beautiful location and we would love the opportunity to have another event here. What an amazing place! Thank you for allowing our company to have our event here at Palafox Wharf.

Sent on 08/22/2016
  • User7084104 · event on: 08/11/2016

Palafox Wharf Waterfront is a perfect location for a special event. Sandy is very organized and helpful. The facility is beautiful and is a perfect location in downtown Pensacola

Sent on 08/14/2016

Shayna · Married on 07/16/2016

Every inch of the Palafox Wharf was beautiful. We couldn't have picked a better place for our wedding. Sandy was very professional and on top of everything. I loved it!

Sent on 07/17/2016

My fiance and I started a year ago prior to our wedding date to meet with Sandy about the venue. The very first and last thing she do is welcome you with a warm hug . She is very sweet and very understanding person. when we meet with her concerning the wedding by phone, email ,or text. She always gave good advice and help you anyway she can.I will advise anyone to try her. I promise you want be disappointed. We love her....

Sent on 07/10/2016

Mark · Married on 06/18/2016

Everything went great! Sandy was great!

Sent on 07/21/2016
  • O

Olivia · Married on 05/28/2016

I don't even know where to begin when talking about Palafox Wharf! When I began planning my wedding reception I had one "requirement:" I wanted it to be on the water. Palafox Wharf exceeded all of my expectations. This venue is so charming that it requires little decor, while still offering plenty of room for a bride to personalize it to fit her style. In addition to the beautiful photo opportunities on the lawn and deck overlooking the water as the sun sets, the Blue Wahoos stadium had fireworks the night of my wedding! These fireworks are perfectly visible from the venue and many of my guests thought that we had paid to have a private fireworks show, so cool!

Sandy was so accommodating and easy to work with, and she made sure I had everything I needed. At our meeting a few months before the wedding I was anxious about not having my linens rented, and she took care of connecting me with the right people in a flash. That's just one example of her expertise and wonderful suggestions she made throughout my wedding planning process. I've been to a number of event venues in Pensacola, and this one is truly my favorite. If I had to choose over again I would choose the Palafox Wharf every time.

The only thing I was concerned about is whether or not I would have enough room for my guests. I did end up placing three tables on the dance floor that were moved after dinner, but I'm glad I didn't end up seating any of my guests outside. I mentioned to a few of my friends the concern about it being too small for my number (about 140) and they told me they thought it was perfect because it made people get to know each other better. We did tent the back deck just in case of rain, and that provided our guests plenty of room to mingle. It ended up being the perfect size for my wedding reception!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Stacey · event on: 05/22/2016

Had our first Brunch and Bubbles fundraiser here - loved it so much,we've already booked for next year. Sandy and her team were very flexible and easy to work with. Can't beat the views.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Paige · Married on 05/14/2016

My wedding was a dream!!! Sandy and her crew at Palafox Wharf made everything amazing!!! Wouldn't change one thing about this venue!!

Sent on 05/15/2016

saed · Married on 04/24/2016

Awesome venue!! I would definitely consider booking this venue for future events.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Krista · Married on 04/23/2016

This place is wonderful!!! Sandy is the absolute best. She is like a second wedding planner. She answered all emails thoroughly and promptly. As soon as I booked the venue, she sent around 50 emails with various pieces of information including recommended vendors and important wedding prep information. I actually booked Palafox Wharf site unseen and could not have been happier with the results. The venue created such a an intimate and romantic scene for our reception. Sandy thought of every single detail and worked with me to help finalize decisions regarding seating and venue organization. I was concerned about seating guests on the deck due to concerns that guests would feel isolated from events inside venue, but there were no issues and most guests congregated out onto the deck anyway. The venue made for perfect pictures, especially on the deck! We were fortunate enough to schedule during a Blue Wahoos baseball game, which resulted in free fireworks for guests. Most guests thought we planned the fireworks show :) I would definitely recommend this venue to any bride!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Beautiful venue! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Melody · Married on 04/15/2016

Palafox Wharf is the perfect venue for a downtown wedding. The venue itself is beautiful, and Sandy is extremely helpful and organized. She has great information and advice to share, and quickly responds to questions, emails, etc. I never had a minutes worry, she makes certain things run smoothly and goes the extra mile for her clients. We had a fabulous wedding, and are so grateful for the very large part Sandy and Palafox Wharf played in it.

Sent on 04/29/2016

Beautiful venue! Sandy was wonderful to work with and it was an absolutely magical place!

Sent on 04/05/2016

Denise · Married on 02/19/2016

OMG! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Sandy and her staff! Sandy is the sweetest most gracious host. She is always responsive to any of my questions! Love doing business with her! She was fabulous! I couldn't have asked for a better venue for my Son's rehearsal dinner.
    Richey Liquor was OUTSTANDING with their service and pricing. The caterer was very accommodating to meet dietary needs and provided excellent service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am so very pleased!
    Denise Fialkosky

Sent on 02/25/2016

Kelsey · Married on 01/30/2016

What can I say about Sandy and the Palafox Wharf, amazing, beautiful, wonderful, outstanding, incomparable, perfect and the list could go on for days! Sandy is simply amazing and seriously the best thing about this venue. You can tell she loves her job and takes pride in making her clients happy! I planned my own wedding but I couldn't have done it without Sandy's help. She was so helpful, she provides you with a huge list of potential vendors and she is always quick to respond to email no matter how many you send. I was positive I was driving her crazy with questions but she was always polite and attentive. Having Sandy's help made planning super easy and fun. I fell in love with this venue just by looking at photographs but when I saw it in person I couldn't believe how beautiful it truly was. The lawn where we had our ceremony overlooks a great marina and its perfect for sunset ceremonies. They also keep the grass looking great year round. The inside of the venue is gorgeous with the wood walls and floors. Some parts of it almost looks like the inside of a sailing ship which was perfect for me since me and my husband love boats and the water. The inside has tons of space for tables, food, and dancing. I could go on and on about how great this place but that would be never ending. If you have any doubts about having your event here (which you shouldn't) just stop by and have a tour and meet the lovely Sandy and you too will fall in love with the Palafox Wharf like I did!

Sent on 02/11/2016

Brittany · Married on 01/01/2016

I absolutely can not believe how wonderful my experience with The Palafox Wharf was. The manager and their in house coordinator were helpful in so many ways. Sandy provided me with endless vendor information and contact numbers and my coordinator offered to help me with any last minute projects that I was stressing with the week of the wedding. Everything turned out amazing. I'm so fortunate that I was able to have my wedding here.

Sent on 07/05/2016