Paisley and Pearl Events Reviews

36 | Durham, NC

36 Reviews for Paisley and Pearl Events

Carolyn · Married on 06/04/2017

Short story : Heather is amazing. Everything was so great -- from coffee date planning to trusting her to set things up at the wedding, she was so awesome to work with. A few days before the wedding, we had some difficult things to work through. We were able to focus on the other stuff because Heather was on top of wedding stuff. I will always be grateful for her :)

Sent on 07/04/2017

Paisley and Pearl Events's reply:

Thank you so much Carolyn!! As we both know a wedding is fun, but the marriage is the focus for me and I was so happy to be there for you! I hope you and Cody had a great time in Kenya for your honeymoon!!

Nicky · Married on 05/13/2017

First off I want to say working with Heather was nothing short of amazing! We were in need of a day of coordinator for our May wedding at the Merrimon Wynne House and found Heather and paisley and pearl events on Wedding Wire. Just with the first contact from Heather I knew she was who I could trust on our wedding day. We purchased the "Day of Coordination" package which actually meant we had Heather for the whole month before our wedding! From multiple emails and in person meetings to helping with filling welcome bags for our guests Heather was there every step of the way! On our wedding day Heather's organization and great eye for detail kept the morning of our wedding running smooth and stress free. Heather's wedding timeline allowed all of our vendors to be on the same page and kept everything running right on schedule. Heather was present through out the whole wedding day from start to finish. She even stayed after the reception had finished to help pack up all of our decorations. Heather goes above and beyond for her clients and was a joy to work with! Any bride who chooses Paisley and Pearl Events for their wedding day will be in amazing hands with Heather!

Sent on 07/07/2017

We did all the planning of my daughter's wedding ourselves, but began to wonder if we needed a "day of" coordinator. We found Heather on Wedding Wire. Her price was very reasonable compared to the other responses we received. My daughter and son in law met with her since I live several hours away. They instantly loved her. She took the plan and vision they wanted for their wedding and made sure everything happened just as planned. Both the bride and myself felt confident in Heather and had absolutely no worries on the day of the wedding! We both were able to enjoy the moment. My daughter had commented to me after meeting with Heather the 2nd time before the wedding that she was "the best money we had spent" on the wedding. I have to agree! Thanks Heather for everything you did to make the wedding day perfect!

Sent on 03/06/2017

Kathryn · Married on 03/04/2017

We found Heather a few weeks before our wedding to help as a day-of coordinator, and she was EASILY the best decision we made in all of our wedding planning. She contacted all of our vendors, made a detailed schedule of the entire weekend for us, and served as the contact point for all of the questions people had so we could really enjoy our wedding without having to worry about all of the small details. Heather's attention to detail and warm personality really made us feel comfortable turning the execution of our vision over to her, and we were thrilled with how she made everything come together in the perfect way! Bride AND Groom both HIGHLY recommend Heather! She is great and we loved getting to know her!

Sent on 04/02/2017

Tiffany · Married on 11/05/2016

Heather was so AWESOME! I found her about 3 months before our wedding (wish I had found her before then!) I was so overwhelmed and she relieved ALOT of stress off of me! She was very professional and so easy going, which I LOVED !! She was ALWAYS in constant contact with me about the timeline and plans! Our wedding was a very high stress event ( not organized at all on my part ) and she totally rocked it and jumped in to help with ANYTHING and everything she could!! I really don't know what I would have done without her.... Please, give this girl a go. You won't regret it!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/01/2016

Heather is an amazing and flexible coordinator! My venue had oringially provided a coordinator who I attempted to work with. Unfortunately, she was beyond horrible but THANKFULLY Heather stepped in two months before the wedding and released all my stress! Not only is she flexible but she listens to exactly what YOU want and makes it all happen:) Highly suggest her!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Raven · Married on 12/31/2017

Real talk Heather was unreal! She took so much pressure off of my wife and myself! She handled everything well so many people thought the event ran incredibly smooth and was ON TIME! I give allllll the credit to this company she is a professional that always got whatever we wanted done including hiring a literal last minute vendor that brought so much life to my wife’s wedding vision! Thank you so much

Sent on 02/11/2018

Cali · Married on 10/21/2017

Heather was amazing and I honestly don't know how I would have survived our wedding without her! She made sure everything was ready and was in contact with all our vendors. As someone who likes to be in control of everything, she made sure I knew what was going on but also kept me from stressing out over all of the details. So glad we hired Heather and we will definitely be recommending her to all of our friends in the area who are getting married!!

Sent on 11/24/2017

Savannah · Married on 10/14/2017

Heather was great and helped make our wedding day a stress-free occasion! She took care of all the logistics of the events of the evening so that we could enjoy every moment. We enjoyed working with her and I highly recommend Paisley and Pearl to anyone considering hiring a planner!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Janet · Married on 12/31/2017

Heather did a great job organizing us. The wedding went off without a hitch!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Melanie · Married on 11/06/2018

Dissatisfied customer

Sadly, our experience was nothing like reviews we read. Heather B. and her Paisley and Pearl Events failed us in her role as ”month-out coordinator”. The first problem was when Heather emailed all our vendors a time line of when they were to arrive at our venue on day of wedding, a list that ignored times my daughter had emailed Heather, times we already arranged with vendors. Why would you ask a DJ to arrive at the venue 5 hours prior to their contracted time? We had to double back to let (our wonderful!) DJ, to say that was NOT our intention (i.e. to ensure he did not think we were asking for double his time we contracted for). When I confronted Heather about this, she ridiculed my concern, saying “don’t worry” – she had “experience with this”. Providing inaccurate information was a huge worry for me. And it wasn’t just my concerns about Heather - our wonderful venue’s event director told me after the wedding, that he was frustrated with Heather’s “lack of communication” with him, and even told her how dissatisfied he was with her. (Her “defense” was she was having “issues” with her staff.) Our agreement was for Heather to be with us the full day of wedding in addition to a second staff who was to be present the first half of the day; that “second” person NEVER came. We specifically told Heather to direct our groomsmen to give guests “wedding programs”. That did not happen, and we still have all programs we purchased. We also asked Heather to direct groomsmen to escort guests to their seats. Our groomsmen later told us they specifically had asked her for direction about that, but she disregarded our directive, and NO guests were escorted. So, if you simply want someone to put out decorations at your venue, Heather will do that. True coordination with your established vendors and ceremony tasks will be your job.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Paisley and Pearl Events's reply:

Hi Stephanie! I’m sorry you felt this way and that your expectations did not reflect the contract your daughter signed. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Melanie and working with her throughout the month before! Our goal is to take over as much of the vendor communication during the month before and make sure the day goes as smoothly as possible. The wedding ran smoothly and I think was a very sweet and love filled day! We always ask that our couples reach out to us if there are concerns after the wedding. If Melanie would like to do so I would more than happy to talk. For future couples that may see this review and be confused after reading our other 20+ 5 star reviews, please don't hesitate to reach out as we are always happy to address questions and concerns.