Pacific Avalon Yacht Charters Reviews

Pacific Avalon Yacht Charters 3
  • QLonda

Qlonda Harden · Married on 10/05/2019

Pacific Avalon

The wedding planner and I clicked from the moment we met.

Sent on 03/14/2019
  • F

Freddy · Married on 06/23/2018

We had our wedding on the Royal Princess.The owner John was absolutely amazing to us. From the first moment we meet he had us feeling at ease. The DJ was George from DJ Tunes at followthetunes@gmail.com the had our guests dancing all night long there a most. The Captain Pete was incredible, from his speech, To the ceremony was sincerely genuine. Thank you all for making our special day the Best.

Sent on 06/26/2018
    Pacific Avalon Yacht Charters 4
    Pacific Avalon Yacht Charters 5
    Pacific Avalon Yacht Charters 6

Pacific Avalon Yacht Charters's reply:

It was a pleasure to work with you both. God bless and wishing a life time of happiness,

Debbie · Married on 03/15/2014

I attended the most amazing wedding aboard the yacht Majestic! From the ceremony to the dinner the crew were amazingly attentive and accommodating to all of the guests!

Our dinner was so delicious I begged the captain for the recipe of everything I ate!

My friend who got marred was so happy and was actually in my opinion treated like a princess on her special day! Who could ask for more!

Sent on 04/13/2014
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 10/05/2012

I cannot express enough how happy I am. Jared and his staff were awesome! The food was absolutely delicous, service was great and just simply beautiful. I wish I could do it all over again! Jared, Brandon and I thank you form the bottom of our hearts! It was awesome!

Yvette & Brandon Chase

Sent on 10/11/2012

Jayma · Married on 10/03/2010

I came to write a nice review and the bad ones make me so sad! Everyone we worked with was absolutely wonderful and they gave us a very good price for such a comprehensive package.

Sent on 10/08/2010

Bella · Married on 08/08/2008

Anytime I had questions they were right there to answer everything! Everything went so well! I had looked at all yachts in Long Beach and Newport Beach and I couldn't find one that was so nice as the Ambassador and the price was amazing. I got a package deal and didn't have to worry about anything...they took care of me from day 1 until the BIG day. I know you will love working with everyone at Pacific Avalon.

Sent on 12/10/2008

Yvett · Married on 06/02/2007

My husband and I booked Pacific Avalon for our wedding reception in 2005 for our June 2nd 2007 wedding. We're both very very happy with the services Pacific Avalon offered. Our wedding was perfect. The yacht was gorgeous, the food was yummy and the team taking care of us the day of was fabulous. I can't say enough about the company.

We interviewed all of the yacht companies from San Diego to Marina Del Ray and felt Pacific Avalon out did them all. I would definetely recommend Pacific Avalon.

Sent on 09/20/2008

Jinky · Married on 01/01/2005

I would like to thank pacific Avalon yacht for my beautiful and romantic wedding last Aug. 28, 2011. To Mr. John Gueola, you are amazing. Thank you sir for supporting and helping me with every detail. Your staff were very accommodating, the food is great and the place is breathtaking. My wedding is a perfect day that will be treasured forever.

Sent on 09/13/2011

Donna · Married on 05/02/2009

I recommend Carrie as a coordinator. She was extremely prompt and always had answers for my questions. Everything went as I had planned. I can't say that I had any wedding day disasters. The Ambassador was very comfortable and beautiful. The food was great and there was plenty of it. I highly recommend Pacific Avalon and the Ambassador for weddings and parties. My guests had very high praises for the whole event.

Sent on 05/22/2009

Liz · Married on 07/08/2011

3.5

My husband and I chose this location for the all-inclusive-ness. When you rent the yacht, you get the following provided in the cost: wedding coordinator, wedding officiant, DJ, photographer, florist, cake, and 1 course dinner with salad, bread and coffee/tea. For any of the vendors you dont want to us, the owner is cool about letting you hire outside vendors.

Breakdown:

Food: It was amazing. We sprung to get two course meal (chicken and roast beef) and it was delicious. Prepped that day and very fresh. The beef was so tender and juicy. The vegetables we got with it (green beans and mashed potatoes) were just as good. Our guests raved about the food and went back for seconds.

The Boat: there is newer furniture, and the entire boat is very clean and has not funky smells. We looked at some other companies in the local area and they had funky smelling boats.

Costs: It was very reasonable for us with a 75 person guest list. For the whole wedding on the boat cost us less than 12,000 for everything, and that's including upgrading to an open bar option.

Fun: Everyone that came had a blast because it's on a boat! So the idea of having a boat wedding seems really fancy and fun, but the greatest thing about it is how affordable it is.

The Picking the Wedding Package:

Everything included in the package you chose can be included or excluded. If you exclude one of the vendors (i.e. DJ, Photographer, Florist, etc.) and want to bring in someone you know or have booked outside of the boat, you can and it wont cost you. But, if you have an outside vendor who is staying on the boat for services, you have to include them as a "guest" and the boat will serve them whatever the guests are eating, no vendor meals are provided to outside vendors.

Things I liked the most about this venue:
    (1) I didnt have to worry about catering, renting tables or linens, or getting staff
    (2) I was able to pick one package and call it a day and never think about following up till the closing meeting
    (3) Willing to allow outside vendors to work (I used my own DJ, Florist, and photographer).
    (4) Lots of places to personalize the package and get what you want.
    (5) An owner who speak british! Hahahha okay not a good reason, but still awesome.
    (6) Very professional staff working with you at the wedding. Our coordinator was very polite and helped us stay on time.
    (7) Affordability!!!! People think you spend tons when really it's more affordable than renting a room from a hotel.
    (8) The view.
    (9) Great food and a cake from TLC's Cinderella Cakes for a fraction of the price.
    (10) People left the boat wanting to party more.

Sent on 07/27/2011

Lauren · Married on 06/25/2010

First off, there are a lot of very negative reviews on PAYC luckily I had a very positive experience with them. I felt that I had to stay on top of things just because that is how I am. I asked a lot of questions that didn't have to be asked because they already know what they are doing but I had to put my mind at ease so there wouldn't be any surprises.
    Their staff does seem to change a bit, we met with Carrie when we booked then it changed hands a couple of other times. As long as you send your email to the general address and then add anyone else you have you'll get a helpful response. Emailing different people with questions didn't negatively affect my wedding at all. I personally didn't like Terry; he was too brash and business like but he was just there for the tasting and he isn't a part of the rehearsal so it wasn't a big deal.
    We had our wedding on the Royal Princess with PAYC. It included food, cake, dj, tables, chairs, linens, officiant, and staff. We also upgraded to an open bar and we added an hour. Everything that is included and not included is clearly stated in the paper and contract. They were very helpful during the planning process, I email them multiple times and they responded within 24 hours. We had a tasting and the food wasn't that great but but on the day of it was very good! (I suggest the chicken; the beef was dry).
    The day before the wedding we had the rehearsal. I had quite a few questions and I got them answered. They are pretty open to what you want to do. They know it's your day so you choose what you want. They said that I could come onto the boat 1 hour before the wedding (so guests wouldn't see me) or wait until the ceremony starts. Since we were doing 1st look pictures Collin and I could see each other beforehand so I chose to arrive 1 hour before. This was a great idea because this was the only chance that we got to get pictures of us 2 and the wedding party on the lower deck.
    For the day of the wedding I was supposed to have a coordinator and I'm not sure who that was supposed to be. The DJ, JJ, with EV sound (comes with the package) was awesome; he fit the role perfectly! He was the only one that would come up to us and ask if we were ready for the next thing and if we weren't it was totally fine. He was very professional but also relaxed; the perfect mix for your wedding day. I don't know if he was supposed to be the coordinator but he was for us and it turned out great. He also played every song that we had requested and gave the whole reception a very fun and upbeat feeling. We had met with him before the wedding and went over everything. It made us feel very good knowing that he was going to be our DJ. We had to make a couple of decisions after the meeting so we just emailed him them and everything worked out great.
    The captain could not read for the life of him; he messed up the ceremony/vows multiple times. You could tell he didn't practice what I sent him or maybe he was just really nervous. I think he even skipped a couple parts so the ceremony was 5-10 minutes. That was devastating to me at first but I got over it. So a word of advice: ask the captain to go over the ceremony lines when you see him before the wedding starts!
    The intimate atmosphere of the yacht was exactly what my husband and I were looking for. I wanted everyone together and enjoying each other and that's what happened. I am told by guests that the views were amazing. This was another reason why we chose this venue but I didn't even stop to look at them, at least there's pictures and video! That is some more advice I'd give: talk to the guests while they're eating, dance as much as you can, but also take a couple breaks with your new husband and look at the view in a quiet spot at the back/front of the boat. We didn't do this and I really regret it. But we did get to dance and have a lot of fun!
    So many guests have said that it was the funnest wedding they had ever been to, which was the goal of it all!
    Everything went pretty smoothly, I knew going into it there would be a couple of bumps and there were but nothing horrible. We were able to express our love in front of our family and friends, there was great food and drink, the music was fun, and the dance floor was packed so I am happy with the outcome! If I had to go back and do it over I would definitely hire PAYC again!

Sent on 08/11/2010

Emily · Married on 09/08/2007

We absolutely loved our wedding aboard the Majestic. We had a few troubles dealing with some of the staff over the phone prior to our event, trying to get details in order. But the day of the wedding was so amazing. The entire staff on the yacht was so helpful and attentive. Our Captain was hilarious and kept our guests entertained before the ceremony started. The food was great, and plenty of it. The bar was great, our cake was delicious and it turned out beautiful. I paid a little more to have the cake square and stacked instead of tiered, well worth the money. I went with a different vendor for my flowers due to pricing and flexibility not being very good. All of our guests had a blast. I am still hearing from people how it was the best wedding they had ever been to.
    My husband and I want to do it again, we had such an amazing time! Thank you Pacific Avalon.

Sent on 02/17/2009

Eydie · Married on 10/15/2005

Captain Terry was amazing... He gave our ceremony a casual, intimate feel, which is exactly what we wanted. Upon meeting him it was clear we would go with PAYC... We never even met with the other yacht companies we had on our list!

We were married aboard the Royal Princess, and our party of 90 guests was perfectly comfortable. Everyone raved about the food! We had zero issues.

It was a perfect day, and I know how lucky I am to be able to say that... there's really so much that can go wrong, and being the (mini)bridezilla that I was I definitely would have lost my mind if anything had!

Sent on 07/10/2008

Leigh · Married on 10/07/2007

Very easy to work with! We LOVED working with Carol and John. The boat we had was the perfect size for an intimate wedding (55 people - counting us). The only drawback is parking is a little expensive ($10/car). Overall, we loved them!

Sent on 05/29/2008

Sarah-Jane · Married on 07/19/2015

3.0

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception aboard the Ambassador in Newport Beach with Pacific Avalon Yacht Charters (PAYC). I was so impressed with how everything turned out! It was an absolutely fairy tale!

THE PLANNING PROCESS: I coordinated primary with Jared Turner. While he was sometimes slow to respond (especially in the beginning when my wedding was still a year away!) he was able to get everything done that I asked for him and exceeded many of my expectations in the end. He was able to meet many of our personal requests including a special menu, vegetarian and vegan meals etc. The weeks leading up to the wedding he was not feeling well and I spoke primarily with John, and everything ran very smoothly. NOTE: You are not guaranteed a rehearsal on the yacht before your wedding. PAYC is pretty upfront about this. In the end, we were able to do a rehearsal at our beach house and get onto the yacht early on the day of the wedding for a quick run through, which was totally fine.

THE DAY OF COORDINATION: We got a day of coordinator who oversaw that everything kept on time and helped out where needed. Would have loved it if the food was ready by the time everyone was seated for dinner. There was also a delay in getting the special meals out (vegan, veg, etc.) causing some guests to just pick from the buffet and not get their special meals.

THE FOOD: We selected two appetizers (along with the complimentary bread and cheese display, which my friends tell me were impressive). We selected the beef wellingtons, which were a huge hit! and the samosas, which were also very yummy! We requested a special menu of chicken parm for the main course which with much persuading, we were able to taste before the big day. IT WAS SO GOOD!

Other Vendors: I used all their recommended vendors (except the captain did not marry us) and we were very satisfied with everything!

TIP: 4 hours goes by fast. Consider getting extra time.

Sent on 07/29/2015
  • F

Felene · Married on 12/22/2013

The venue was beautiful. The staff very courteous. The food was less than desired. The salad come out a boat. The meat was tough. The salmon overcooked. The vegetables also were undercooked. The cake and flower arrangements were lovely. Overall I would refer friends to this venue but the quality of the food, especially for a wedding, needs to be upgraded.

Sent on 03/01/2014

Jayson · Married on 09/12/2009

4.2

I've gone here a few times for different events. This is a great place for events and the service is very good. The food is tasty and its the perfect place for a romantic event. I'd recommend them for any special event. I looked around before booking them, and could not find a better value.

Sent on 03/12/2010

Katie · Married on 07/01/2006

4.2

The Royal Princess is such a beautiful yacht. I was afraid once all 110 people were on it was going to be really crowded but it was perfect. The entire staff on the yacht stayed on top of everything, which helped things run very smoothly. We did run out of champagne but I dont think many people noticed.

Sent on 01/22/2007

Jamie · Married on 06/03/2006

3.6
      3.0

We were married on the Majestic, which was a beautiful yacht. We really enjoyed ourselves. We thought that it went pretty smoothly, and that generally our guests enjoyed the food, the ambiance, and the experience of attending a wedding on a yacht. Some negatives was that the air conditioning was not on prior to the wedding so it was VERY hot in June and felt uncomfortable. It is also was disappointing that some guests actually got on the yacht before the bridal party due to a lack of security on board. Also, the toilet in the bridal suite was clogged and not working and had not been cleaned. But overall it was a good experience and well worth the cost.

Sent on 07/24/2007

Dyana · Married on 02/17/2008

3.6
      3.5

This was a great vendor in that it was a packaged deal so that you wouldn't have to find seperate vendors for other parts of the wedding such as flowers, food, a minister, dj, etc. The only problem was that if you went with what they had, it would cost you. Their flowers for example was pricey and their beautician for the bride's hair and make up was extremely expensive. I liked most that the cake was included in the price and a dj and minister was included in the price. The food was good but just barely enough for everyone even though it was a buffet. Some people who were too slow did not get seconds.

Sent on 10/27/2008

Cassie · Married on 04/16/2006

3.4
      3.0

The staff and crew were very helpful and support the day of the wedding. My "coordinator" Terry, pretty much forgot who I was after we paid for the event, so I had little contact with him. But I didn't let one bad thing ruin the event.

Sent on 01/08/2008

Melanie · Married on 05/22/2010

2.8
      2.5
      2.0

I would say that I LOVED my wedding but not because of what Pacific Avalon did. The person who booked us, Alexandra told me that I wouldn't need a wedding planner because she would be there the whole time. Besides returning 2 out of every 3 emails I sent I never saw or heard from her again. The staff was very unorganized which terrified me right before I was about to walk down the aisle. The Captain stumbled through the vows which was very unprofessional. Most of the food was great but the chicken was very very dry. Besides that, the view was spectacular and you could hardly feel the boat moving. My guests loved it! We really did have a great time on the yacht but I wouldn't recommend my "wedding planner" :)

Sent on 05/23/2010

K · Married on 09/29/2006

2.2
      1.5
      3.0

My daughter got married aboard the Majestic in September of 06. My biggest complaint was that when the ship returned at the end of the reception, all the gifts and presents were on the dock, unattended. We were promised they would be "stored safely" during the event. We did not suspect until a couple weeks later, that there were gifts missing, and that they had never been even moved to the office. When I spoke with our consultant, she denied this, assuring me that they had been stored, then transferered to the dock after the ship's return. Months later, it became very apparent that there had been gifts missing, but of course, there's no way to tactfully prove just how many without asking each guest who did not have a gift recorded.

My other complaint is the bartender, who appeared to be bothered by having to be there, at times seemed to be sulking, and even complained to the groom at one point that she wasn't getting any tips. It was my understanding tips were to be at our discretion at the end of the event, depending on how pleased we were with the service. We did, in fact, tip the DJ, the captain, etc., and had planned to do the same for the bartender. On top of that, we found out quite a bit after that she had been serving alcohol to obvious minors.

Another disappointment was that at the end of the evening, as guests were leaving, we realized that the crew had removed all the flower arrangements and were handing them out randomly to guests. We had planned to use them for a luncheon the next day, but just let it go rather than make a fuss at that point.

The food was mediocre, and very small servings. Guests were wandering all over the ship before wedding party even got there.

Other than these few things, the wedding was beautiful, and the guests had a good time.

Sent on 03/25/2008

Sara · Married on 06/14/2014

0.4
      2.5
      0.0

These people need some lessons in customer service and professionalism. My day of coordinator did not show up to the wedding rehearsal. Their event planner was very inflexible and disorganized during the whole entire process, When the day of coordinator didn't show, the event planner came unprepared and humiliated me in front of my wedding party.

Sent on 02/19/2015

Kirk · Married on 06/06/2015

0.2
      0.5
      0.5
      0.0

It's been almost a month since my wedding aboard the Majestic and Pacific Avalon is still ignoring all of our communication about the huge number of problems we had that day.

The boat docked hours behind schedule resulting in several missed deliveries (including the wedding cake). We never got the extra desserts delivered because the boat wasn't docked when they attempted delivery so we paid for desserts we never used.
    The staff was rude and uncooperative while we were trying to set up quickly because of their delayed docking - we put together the place settings at the dinner tables ourselves.
    We had to go back to the dock in the middle of dinner to get our wedding cake which caused a lot of annoyance and engine noise.
    Once we finally got the cake, the wouldn't even cut it. they cut enough for about 25 people and then told us it was too late. How could they have cut the cake any sooner when we didn't have it??

Between the rudeness of the staff, the lateness of the boat, and all the missed deliveries I would be VERY careful before ever doing business with Pacific Avalon--we've reported them to the BBB and tried to email to get a refund for all the time and product we never used and they just keep ignoring us. The next contact they get from me will be a summons from the California State Office.

Sent on 06/30/2015