Owl's Eye Studios Reviews

153 | Highland, NY

153 Reviews for Owl's Eye Studios

Lisa · Married on 10/06/2012

I loved working with them! They went above and beyond all of our expectations! Sooo easy to work with! Really fun and easygoing! They were able to get all of the pictures that we wanted, plus tons more (which is way harder to do than you could ever imagine on your wedding day!) Awesome value! Just totally and utterly amazing in every way! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Makenzie · Married on 10/05/2012

Josh and Tricia are a beautiful husband/wife team that perfectly captured our wedding day. When I began planning my wedding, the photography was so important to me. I thought about how I would be looking at these pictures for years to come, showing kids and grandkids. When I found Owl's Eye Studios I was so impressed. Their packages were the best priced of any wedding photographer I had seen and their work was just beautiful. I just received the wedding pictures back and I have nothing but kind words to say about this pair! My photos are all absolutely gorgeous! They took close to 1,000 photos and captured every angle and aspect of our wedding day. They were both very professional, yet personable and fun. We had a great time working with them and will definitely be recommending them to absolutely everyone! We're looking forward to working with them one day for family photos, special event photos, etc.

Sent on 12/17/2012

Alison · Married on 09/22/2012

From my first meeting with Josh I knew that Owl's Eyes would be the photographers for our wedding. Their pictures just speak for themselves and the prices are super reasonable. When it came to the wedding day... Josh and Trish were absolutely amazing! They immediately made us feel comfortable and were just so much fun to work with! They really make such a great team. So far we have only seen the sneak peek pictures but they are absolutely fantastic and we cannot wait for the rest!!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Craig · Married on 09/02/2012

Josh and Trish from Owl's Eye are great! We found them online and loved the photos they had posted on their website from previous weddings and other events. Their prices are very reasonable so we were interested and called them to see if they had our date available. I do some wedding photography on the side and was really impressed with their work! I spoke with Josh on the phone for a while and he answered all of my questions. I was especially happy to learn that we would have full reprint rights to our photos! We booked with Owl's Eye not long after our initial cy onversations. Josh did our engagement photos at Vanderbuilt Mansion and they came out incredible! We also couldn't be happier with how our wedding photos came out!! They got lots of great candid shots as well as the important moments of the day! They even took us outside and did sunset shots at my request that came out amazing! We could not be happier with our choice of photographer for our wedding and would definitely recommend them to friends in the future! Thanks again Josh and Trish!

Sent on 01/12/2013

Owl's Eye Studios's reply:

Thank you for such a great review! You guys were so much fun to work with, it was like photographing old friends. Your friends & family were so warm & fun. We had a great time :)
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 08/11/2012

Trish was our photographer at our wedding and the pictures came out absolutely stunning, and she was so great to work with! I would recommend Josh and Trish from Owl's eye studios to everyone getting married in the hudson valley! They were so great to work with and definitely the most affordable photographers in the area with still the absolute best quality!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Gail · Married on 08/11/2012

Josh and his assistant Renee were great! They were both very genuine and down to earth but very professional as well. My husband and I told Josh that we really wanted to get all of the formal photos done before the ceremony so we could enjoy the cocktail hour and Josh was totally willing to do this. He set up a first look for us, a private moment so my husband could see me for the first time in my dress, which was a perfect touch! We just got all the pictures back from the wedding and Josh and Renee were really able to capture how much fun everyone had at the reception. I would recommend Owl's Eye Studios to anyone who is looking for a high quality photographer at an affordable price!

Sent on 11/02/2012

Josh & Trish were amazing!! I have not received all of my pictures yet, but I was able to see a sneak peak and we could not be happier. Even through all the choas with the venue, Josh & Trish stood by our side the whole day making sure we got the pictures that we wanted. I could not be happier that we chose Josh & Trish as our wedding photographers!

Sent on 08/08/2012

Kate · Married on 06/16/2012

Josh and his assistant Renee were awesome. They did a great job. We had a great time working with them and they were very nice and professional. We got so many compliments on them at our wedding. I highly recommend using them for any occasion.

Sent on 06/26/2012

Christina · Married on 06/09/2012

Trish and Josh were so great!! We used Owl's Eye for our engagement photo session, so we knew that their work was going to be absolutely beautiful, but on top of that they are such nice people. They really helped to keep everything flowing throughout the day. They were super receptive to any ideas we had for photos and for making sure we got all of the portrait combinations we wanted, and I know they were able to really capture the spirit of our day. Not only did they do an amazing job, but they were super easy to work with throughout the planning process and their package prices are so reasonable. I definitely recommend Owl's Eye!!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Rina · Married on 05/12/2012

Owl's Eye Studios was amazing!!! We did not want a lot of posed photos; we gave them specific instructions of what to take pictures of and who we wanted to take pictures with. They were very accommodating and professional. They are so pleasant to work with, they are very friendly and always made us feel like we were their top priority. They always responded and returned my calls right away. We recommend them highly and we are certain you'll be very happy if you go with Owl's Eye Studios. THANK YOU JOSH & TRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/29/2012

Noel · Married on 04/28/2012

Being a detail-orientated person, I believe that details are vital as it's the little things in life that add up to big moments and memories. From the time my husband and I met Josh, I could see that he believed the same thing. During our first meeting we were so impressed with the examples of his work, his attention to detail and the way he believed in taking precautions to back up all of his work. His personality put us at ease. He spent as much time as we needed answering all the questions we had and he was very truthful. Then, when we saw the prices of his packages, we couldn't believe our eyes! They were so reasonable and very affordable! After all was said and done, we signed our contract with Owl's Eye Studios right then and there. Throughout the months and days leading up to our wedding, Josh was always there, either by phone or e-mail, to answer any questions we had that came up. And on the day of our wedding, I can't speak highly enough of him and Trish! From the first shot, Josh and Trish made me feel so comfortable around them and in front of the camera. During the ceremony and reception, they always got the picture and they did a really good job of being inconspicuous. They weren't in our face. It was very natural. My favorite time with Trish and Josh was when it was just the four us. It was like stepping away from all the craziness for a moment. They talked to us and made us laugh and got amazing shots that showed the love between my husband and I. With their direction, we were up to try anything when it came to the photos. They got some really different artistic shots that turned out great! It was nice to do something out of the ordinary. Needless to say, when my husband and I got our pictures back, we were beyond happy with how they came out! As I said before, I can't speak highly enough of this husband and wife photograghy team. They truly love what they do and it shows!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Owl's Eye Studios's reply:

What a great review, thanks so much. We had such a great time with you guys on your wedding :)
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 03/17/2012

I don't have anything bad to say about Josh and Trish. From the moment we met them I fell in love with their work and they did not let me down! I am still waiting for my final pictures but know when I get them I will be very pleased. They did our engagement pictures and I couldn't be happier. They were right on time, friendly and professional. If I weren't talking to them during the pictures I would have had no idea that they were even their.

Thank you so much!!!!

Sent on 03/31/2012

Shauna · Married on 03/09/2012

I can't put into words how amazing Josh is! My wedding wouldn't have been as amazing as it was if it weren't for him taking such stunning photos! His price is well below his value- meaning you pay so little compared to the astonishing work you get in return! Any friend I know getting married I have strongly recommended to use him! I can't thank him enough for working with me the way he did.

Sent on 03/26/2012

Heather · Married on 12/03/2011

So anyone who knows me, knows that photos are THE most important thing in my life-- I'm always that crazy person taking pictures at every family event. So when it came time to pick our wedding photographer, I knew it was going to be difficult to find the perfect match for us. While searching online, we came across Owl's Eye Studios, and we INSTANTLY fell in love with their work. They know how to perfectly mix traditional and contemporary work together, and the results are amazing. These two photographers are amazingly talented at what they do, and work together with such an ease and excitement, that they make everyone around them feel calm and comfortable. I felt 100% confident putting them in charge of one of the most important days of our lives. Their work truly speaks for itself-- beyond AMAZING. Anyone can take pictures, but it takes a TRUE talent and artistic eye to capture the photographs that Owl's Eye Studios does with such ease. Do yourself a favor, and book them immediately for your wedding or event! You will NOT be disappointed.

Jason & Heather

Sent on 12/21/2011

Krista · Married on 10/23/2011

I married the love of my life on October 23, 2011, and thanks to a number of wonderful people it was by far the best day of my life. One can't help but be apprehensive about leaving the responsibility up to strangers to capture the most important moments of the day. After my husband and I had met with a number of photographers, we began to become a little nervous. We just weren't finding anyone we felt comfortable with. After one meeting with Josh and his lovely wife Trish, we were sold. They just spoke with such confidence and instantly put us at ease. We had no doubt that they would do an amazing job. They arrived on time and ready to go. I must say that after seeing the photos; this dynamic duo not only met, but far exceeding any expectations we had for the beauty of our photos. They are not just photographers, but true artistics. It's so awesome to see a married couple working together, they feed off of eachother in the cutest way. After the day has gone and the honeymoon is behind you, the memories that remain are the moments that meant the most. Josh and Trish not only captured those moments, but also every last detail that may have been forgotten. It's hard not to get emotional when I think about showing our future children and grandchildren our incredible wedding photos. We are beyond thrilled with the elegance and creativity of our photos. Oh, and let's not forget the AMAZING prices!!! It's not all about saving a buck, but it sure helps. Do not worry, the quality of the service and photos did not reflect the low price. After seeing our photos we would have spent 100 times the price for them. Thank you again Josh and Trish, you are an amazing couple and truly amazing artistics.

Love,
    Krista & Domenick Tomanelli

Sent on 12/21/2011

Owl's Eye Studios's reply:

Being in this business has made me a little desensitized to emotions, you hear a lot of great speeches and learn a lot about people but your review made me emotional Krista! You guys were so much fun to work with and still to date one of the most FUN weddings we've done. The photo location was just unreal and so stunning. You guys were such a breeze to photograph and we felt like we had known you guys forever. Thanks for such a glowing review xoxo
    Josh & Trish

Karen · Married on 10/22/2011

My husband and I loved working with Josh and Trish. They were great and took so many wonderful pictures. They have an amazing eye and bring such a different look than the typical wedding photographers.

Sent on 11/23/2011

Megan · Married on 10/15/2011

Josh and Trish are AMAZING!!! My husband and I did not want "traditional" wedding pictures, and the sneak peaks that Josh has sent us are unbelievable!!! I cannot wait to get my cd. Josh and Trish came highly recommended to us from friends of ours who were married this spring. They were willing to come into Manhattan for both our engagement pictures as well as the wedding itself. There are not words to describe how happy we are!

Sent on 11/08/2011

Rebecca · Married on 10/07/2011

My husband and I can't say enough about the quality of service we received from Owl's Eye Studios. Josh and Trish were AMAZING to work with. Their flexibility and sincerity made us feel like we had known them for years! We loved the fact that everything felt so natural the day of the wedding. The pictures they captured were fun, unique, and elegant. I absolutely love my photos! When I look through my pictures, I am able to relive my entire wedding! We would highly recommend Owl's Eye Studios.

Sent on 12/11/2011

Nicolas · Married on 09/17/2011

Husband and wife team, great people great photographers, creative, professional, got all the important shots, rolled with the punches and were open to our ideas. Even gave us our engagement session post wedding on our local honeymoon. Great Value too, all photos on CD, good size prints, photos able to be seen on-line, and a modest printed book style album for 1200. Love them!

Sent on 06/14/2012
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/13/2011

I absolutely LOVED the vibe i got from Josh & Trish the moment we met them. We had had some issues finding photographers that would work with us since we live out of state. A lot of them just wanted us to send deposits and then talk plans. I stumbled upon Josh & Trish and from day one were so helpful! Its amazing finding photographers that are down to earth and dont just stop talking to you after your wedding is over. They are friends not just photographers in it for money. Honestly choosing them for our photography was the best and easiest decision of the whole wedding. They make you feel so calm and keep you laughing throughout your special day! I would definitely recommend them for any wedding or event!

Mr. & Mrs. Jonathan DiGiacomo

Sent on 01/31/2012
  • renata

Renata · Married on 08/12/2011

Owl's Eye Studios did a wonderful job capturing all of our wonderful moments on our big day. After meeting with a handful of photographers and not being thrilled, I asked a girlfriend who recently got married if she would recommend the photographers she used. She obviously had nothing but wonderful things to say about Josh and Tricia. Not only were they affordable but they were a pleasure to work with. Josh and Tricia took the time to listen to what we wanted and their friendly and charasmatic nature made them easy to work with. We got our pictures back in a timely fashion and were absolutely blown away. The pictures were incredible and everyone I show seems to think so as well. I would definitely recommend Owl's Eye Studios.

Sent on 10/16/2011

Cait · Married on 07/23/2011

Owl's Eye did an awesome job with our wedding! The pictures came out just the way we wanted! We all had a great time taking the pictures, they made it so much fun for us all!

Sent on 11/22/2011
  • Noe

Noe · Married on 07/09/2011

We booked Josh and Tricia for our wedding photos and were not disappointed at all! They were amazing! So friendly and sweet and the photos we have seen so far are just gorgeous. They are well priced and so professional. I highly recommend them.
    Update: So we got our pics today and LOVED them! Theay are so beautiful and they capture who we are perfectly! I couldn't be happier. You cannot go wrong in choosing Josh and Tricia, they are so professional and so lovely to work with. I will absolutely continue to use their services!

Sent on 07/18/2011

Stephanie · Married on 07/08/2011

My husband and I LOVED working with Owl's Eye Studios. We ordered the Extravegant Memories package and were so glad we spent the extra money. We worked with Josh and Trish Strong exclusively throughout the entire process. Our engagement session went great. We used the Saugerties Lighthouse as the setting. We were happy to see how creative Josh and Trish could be with their shots, and they were exceptionally easy to work with. On our wedding day (at Hunter Mountain), Josh and Trish split up between the two of us to photograph the 'getting ready' process. Tricia did so many awesome shots with all of my acessories, dress, and our wedding bands. We did the bulk of our wedding party photos before our ceremony, my preference. My husband and I had a private photo session where we saw each other for the first time. Josh caught moments of my to be husband waiting for me, and Tricia shot my walk to the room where we would meet. The photos of the two of us during that time are some of my favorites. The pictures with our wedding party were the most fun of the day. Luckily we have awesome family and friends, and they were game for anything. The ceremony was captured beautifully, I was so happy to have so many shots when our ceremony was only 15 minutes! Of course, Josh and Trish caught many great candid reception shots that were both sentimental to us and sometimes hilarious. Our wedding pictures as a whole surpassed our expectations and were edited beautifully. We were lucky enough to have the perfect day and the best photographers we could ask for! We would recommend Owl's Eye Studios to ANYONE and I would love to use them in the future when we start to expand our family :).

Sent on 09/25/2011

Lauren · Married on 07/03/2011

Owl Eye Studies did an amazing job on my wedding in July. Trish and Josh were extremely creative even considering it did rain on my big day. Their quality of work is exceptional and they are so warm and friendly, making taking photos with them fun. I would recommend them to everyone. Their pictures came out stunning and we could not believe how many gorgeous photo we got. They are very organized, puncutal and you will not get more value for their extremely reasonable prices. They are truly an amazing team and made our day so stress-free and special.

Sent on 09/12/2011