Owl's Eye Studios Reviews

152 | Highland, NY

152 Reviews for Owl's Eye Studios

Jeanne · Married on 09/25/2015

We got married September 25th 2015 at the Poughkeepsie grand Hotel. We hired Owl's eye studios. We were so excited when we saw the sneak peek they are amazing!! Josh did an amazing job from start to finish. we highly recommend Josh and his team.. We definitely made the right choice.

Mr. & Mrs. J Kelly

Sent on 10/30/2015

Alexandra · Married on 08/22/2015

You want to know how bad I wanted to work with Owl's Eye for my wedding? i changed the date of my wedding three times based on their availability! I was dying to work with josh and his photo and video crew. I had seen his work on Facebook and fell in love with it. Josh is so great at capturing those candid moments and also blending the photo journalistic style. Josh is so easy to talk to and gets back to you quickly. He is so efficient and really helps you keep your day on track. i am in love with all the photos. The highlight reel is top notch quality and really plays like a movie trailer for your wedding day. The three other guys with him were so awesome to work with too. Everyone was so comfortable with them. You won't go wrong with owl's eye. they give great service, product, and prices. I can't wait to work with them again in the future! Thanks for the memories!!

Sent on 01/04/2016

Gayle · Married on 07/11/2015

Josh and Dave were absolutely amazing!! The day started with Josh and Dave arriving ahead of schedule, which all brides know, is music to their ears! Dave photographed the guys and Josh took on the bridal party with ease! Their personalities were upbeat and perfect to keep us going through the foreboding hours of pictures that come with the territory of a wedding. Josh and Dave had awesome ideas for photos and took ours into account as well. They wound ways to incorporate our props. For example, my husband loves Star Wars and Josh found a way to take a picture with the vision of putting an AT-AT in it! It turned out absolutely amazing, and I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures! It was evident that they really considered all aspects to the pictures. These two guys worked so well together and their love of photography was displayed in every picture they took. Thank you so much for making our day so fun and memorable! I can't wait to see what else you have in store! I would highly recommend Owl's Eye Studio to anyone looking for a wonderful photographer!!!
    ~Gayle & Joe~

Sent on 07/14/2015

Suzanne · Married on 07/10/2015

Thank you just doesn't seem to be enough to truly express our gratitude for the amazing experience & photographs. From the moment we met you we knew you were the perfect photographer for our wedding - and boy were we right!!! You were professional, prompt, fun to work with, easy to communicate with and our photos are amazing! You truly captured our personalities & all of the emotions surrounding our wedding day! There are pictures that make me smile, laugh and cry... happy tears of course! Thank you so very much for an amazing experience - you truly are the best out there & we feel so fortunate to have had you capture the moments and memories of our wedding day!
    Sincerely,
    Suzanne & Steven

Sent on 07/26/2015

Marissa · Married on 06/14/2015

I knew from the second I walked into there studio they were the ones! Josh and trish made me feel so comfortable and they were so down to earth they made me feel at ease! My husband isn't always the best when it comes to taking a million photos. Josh shot our engaement session and I've never seen my husband having so much fun and so relaxed. We were both so comfortable during the shoot and had the best time! As soon as we left he couldn't stop smiling and was just as excited as me to see our engagement photos, like two little kids on Christmas! They were PERFECT!!!! Made us even more excited for our special day:) Josh and the whole crew did such an amazing job and captured all of our special moments on our perfect day! I highly recommend them for your wedding! You won't regret it :)

Sent on 11/09/2015

Heather · Married on 06/07/2015

My husband and I literally could NOT be more happy that we chose Owl's Eye Studios to photograph our wedding. Josh and Dave are upbeat, friendly, easy to work with, punctual, and INCREDIBLY TALENTED to say the least! From the very first time we saw their images on their website we knew they were "the one"! Our wedding was Alice in Wonderland themed and Josh was so beyond creative with the idea (so much so that he even provided amazing props he made himself for some INCREDIBLE images!) from start to finish. Josh was more than just our photographer--he became our friend and confidant who happily let us bounce ideas off him--even ones not photography related. My husband and I still joke that we technically DID have a wedding planner--his name is Josh. When we said we wanted a garden atmosphere to go with the theme--Josh suggested getting married at The Grandview and I can not explain how grateful we are for that because our wedding day was literally a dream come true--and Josh and Dave found a way to capture every single moment into a CAPTIVATING still frame for us for all of our years to come. Our theme shines through every image--and they even went as far as to include a highlight reel as a favor to my husband and I (for FREE! I mean come on!) In my mind there is no question--no other photographer can do what Josh and his team does--at least not with the same grace, beauty, and eagerness they brought to our wedding day and the images they captured which my husband and I will literally TREASURE all of the days of our happily ever after.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Meghan · Married on 06/06/2015

Josh and Dave did an AMAZING job at our wedding at the Grandview!! They both arrived at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel where we were getting ready....Dave went with the guys and Josh stayed with us girls. We were running a little bit behind on hair and makeup that day but Josh kept me calm and not once did he make me feel rushed or panicked (which is SOOOO important when you are the bride and have a million things you are thinking about). He changed around the schedule for me and made sure we still had enough time for our first look before the ceremony. It happened to be a very windy day to be down by the Hudson for pictures and the water was very rough but Josh and Dave gave us other great ideas so we would still get amazing shots taken. We wanted to make sure we got to enjoy cocktail hour and they made sure we cranked through our immediate family pics right away so we could still do so. I just saw our sneak peek and the pictures came out PERFECT! I am obsessed with them and I cannot wait to see the rest! The picture that Dave captured of us right before we saw each other for the first look is my absolute favorite because I never got to see Mike's face before he turned around and captured the moment spot on (I can't stop smiling every time I see it)!! It was all just absolutely perfect! Thank you Josh and Dave for making our special day even more special we appreciate everything you did for us, I cannot say enough good things about you both!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Joe · Married on 05/30/2015

Owl's Eye Studios was more than our wedding photographers - they became a part of our family! We enjoyed every moment of our big day with Josh, Dave, and Tom. Each one of them brought their own unique creativity and energy to our wedding day. We had a blast taking photos throughout the day. Throughout the process, we met with Josh a few times. During those meetings, Josh took a real interest in learning about us, how we met, and what we were looking for in regards to our wedding pictures. At our last meeting, we solidified what we wanted and who to include in pictures, so everything ran smoothly the day of the wedding.

The day of the wedding was perfect. The team was in place on time and ready to capture the moments. Our bridal party and families had nothing but compliments for the whole team and how enjoyable they made the process. Josh's eye for the perfect shot is amazing. To see his creative juices flowing, brought excitement to all of us. We are anxiously awaiting our sneak peeks because we know that the team captured everything we could have ever imagined and more. We could never thank you enough for everything you did before, during, and after the wedding to make it a complete success. An excellent rating doesn't even begin to justify how we feel about all that you did for us. Thank you!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Teresa · Married on 05/30/2015

Trish and Katie did such a great job at our wedding. Not only did they take beautiful pictures that captured our day so perfectly, they were warm, friendly and accommodating. From the very beginning of the process, Trish was so much fun to work with! If I could go back I would definitely hiring them again!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Danielle · Married on 05/23/2015

Amazing does not even fully describe the experience and fun we had with Josh and Dave. We had our ceremony on the river and our reception at the Poughkeepsie Grand- regardless of where we were, Josh made sure that he had all the necessary people in place and that he could capture all of the shots we requested/wanted. My bridal party continually said what a great time they were and how cool the crew was to work with. Aside from the wonderful time they were, Josh and Dave went above and beyond to show a few photos from the day at the reception. I had planned to do a slideshow of Instagram photos but as the busy bride, I forgot my laptop and could not follow through. Our sneak peak photos are absolutely AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL; it reminded me of what a special day we had and once again brought tears to my eyes. Owl's Eye Studio, Josh and Dave- we can not thank you enough for capturing such a special day in our lives and allowing us to have an absolute blast with you!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Erin · Married on 05/16/2015

Owl’s Eye Studios was great to work with for our engagement session and wedding day! Josh made us feel remarkably comfortable at the engagement session, and we were blown away by the pictures. On the big day, both Josh and Dave arrived promptly to take pictures of us getting ready and were patient and understanding as we prepared. We never once felt rushed by them. They did an awesome job with our first look and had really great ideas to capture the rustic essence of our wedding. During the ceremony and reception they blended in perfectly with our guests, but we knew they were capturing every moment. We loved the sneak peek photos and cannot wait to see the rest! We highly recommend Owl’s Eye Studios to anyone looking for a great photographer!!

Sent on 06/28/2015

Samantha · Married on 05/02/2015

I do not have enough words to praise Josh and Trish from Owl's Eye Studios! My husband is very reluctant to take photos, but from the engagement shoot on, they made him feel so comfortable and relaxed that he genuinely enjoyed himself! From the moment I met them at a wedding expo, I knew I wanted them to be at our wedding. They are the kind of people who didn't need to sell you on their photography - their photos speak for themselves - but instead talked to me about all the choices of venues etc in the area, putting me totally at ease. Our engagement photos turned out so beautifully, that we couldn't wait for the actual wedding photos! On the day of, Josh and Dave were so relaxes that we felt completely comfortable on a day which can be slightly stressful. Then, Josh was able to turn around several sneak preview photos so quickly that we were ecstatic! Can't wait to see the rest in a couple of months! If you are looking for a photo team that will send good vibes on the day of your wedding, will respond to your emails immediately, and will turn around beautiful photos, then Owl's Eye Studios is the photography team for you!

Sent on 05/09/2015

Anthony · Married on 05/01/2015

Josh and Dave were absolutely AMAZING!! We felt so comfortable being ourselves when it came to taking pictures with then. Dave was awesome when my guys were getting ready. I was actually the 3rd wedding at work in 3 weeks and when asking them about photos and how the photographer was they both made me feel 10x’s better about my wedding and having these two guys there for our special day. Especially with doing first look and getting all of the family and group pictures out of the way BEFORE the ceremony started so we can truly enjoy our day. I actually made a girl cry when I told her how my first look pictures went. One of the other guys at work that got married a week before me said that he can hardly remember his wedding because it went by so fast because after the ceremony the photographer took them away from everybody to take the group pics and everything. Josh and Dave were great with everybody at the party. People are still talking about how much fun they had there and I’m thankful that they were there to capture every minute of it.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Jessica · Married on 04/26/2015

For our wedding, we wanted an experience that felt personal, and that would capture the small moments. Thanks to Owl’s Eye Studios, we were able to. Run by a husband and wife, the studio understands both capturing the big moments at a wedding while also not feeling intrusive. They showed up on time and ready to go, and when we ran into some unrelated issues early in the day, they helped keep the mood happy and relaxed, all while snapping away pictures before the ceremony. When the ceremony started, they were able to feel almost invisible during the special moments. During the reception, they managed to capture the big moments for us both.
    Neither my wife nor I feel very photogenic or comfortable in front of cameras, but Owl’s Eye made sure we felt comfortable and relaxed throughout the day. We were very happy to have them, and they were also incredibly quick in getting pictures back to us after the wedding. The pictures are of extremely high quality, stylized at all the right times, and caught the emotion and feel of our wedding as still moments in time. Thank you Owl’s Eye!

Sent on 02/09/2016

Heather · Married on 12/13/2014

While attending a bridal expo I passed by the Owl's Eye table and saw Josh and Trish. Like all the bridal expos I went to I look a brochure and later went online to check out the work. I knew from the minute I looked through the wedding photographs and sneak peaks that I wanted the Owl's Eye to be my wedding photographer. I just love how Josh and his crew capture some amazing moments. Regardless of how cold it was on our wedding day Josh did our first look and bridal party photos outside without hesitating. I didn't want photos taking inside I wanted outdoor photos and they came out amazing. Any photo that I wanted Josh didn't mind re-creating it for us. I was so exciting when I got our sneak peak photos and fell in love with them and couldn't wait to see the rest. Thanks Josh for capturing our special day Our Wedding Day!

Sent on 03/18/2015

Kelly · Married on 11/08/2014

I knew I wanted Owl's Eye Studios as my wedding photographer when I saw their work on their website. When I met with Josh I went with my mom who right away loved him and told me I needed to book him right away which we did! My then fiancé, Mike, didn't care as much as I did about having to do an engagement session. The day of the session we met Josh in beacon. As soon as Mike met Josh and saw his talent and artistic visions for our shoot Mike was happy and excited. Josh's easy-going and kind personality worked well with my happy and fun fiancé. We followed everything Josh said and his vision, our favorite pictures were taken in an abandoned building!
    The day of our wedding Dave met Mike and the guys and Josh came to me and my bridesmaids. Both were on time and professional. During the wedding Josh gave Mike and I and our wedding guests a preview of the pictures they took throughout the day. All our guests jaws dropped and loved them all. Owls Eye always gives sneak peeks of photos of your wedding on facebook before showing your album. Josh posted mine 3 days after our wedding! I got to see them before we left for our honeymoon and was so happy! Everyone who has seen them talks about Josh and Owls Eyes talent.

I highly recommend anyone who wants a talented, easy-going, and awesome photographer to use Owls Eye Studios. We will be using them again in the future!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Sara · Married on 10/26/2014

I knew I wanted to hire Owl's Eye the minute I saw their website and read their bio. I wanted wedding pictures that captured our personalities and how fun we are! As soon as I met Josh, it was a done deal. The price was fair, and when we met up for our engagement shoot, we both immediately relaxed and joked around and just hung out. My fiance was NOT looking forward to getting his picture taken, but he even admitted that Josh was awesome and if the engagement shoot was this much fun, the wedding would be amazing! And we were right. I just looked at the sneak peaks and I can't stop staring at them! I can't wait to see them all :) Owl's Eye was professional to work with, they do top quality work, and have fun, relaxing personalities that instantly make you feel like friends! So lucky to have hired them for our wedding and would highly recommend them to anyone searching for photography for their special day.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Chelsae · Married on 10/12/2014

We could not be happier that we found Owl's Eye Studios and had them there to photograph our wedding! From the first meeting with Josh all the way through the process to recently seeing our sneak peek we were so excited to see the amazing work that they do. Josh and Trish are both fantastic - in terms of the vision they have for getting amazing photos, making sure they consider any specific ideas or shots that you want, taking the time for amazing editing to each and every photo, and being both laid back and professional and so much fun to work with. We'll definitely be recommending them to everyone who will listen and can't wait to see the rest of the photos from our wedding!

Sent on 11/22/2014

Jean · Married on 10/05/2014

I can not stress how amazing Josh and Trish are. From the first time I met them I knew I had to have them. Their personalities are one in a million and their photographing talent is amazing. Josh worked with both of us to find out who we were as a couple and translated that beautifully into our photos. I see our photos and I see a summary of our relationship in picture form.

Josh and Trish were so professional and worked great with our videographer, our venue and our DJ. They helped our day go smoothly and without a hitch. When it came time to take pictures it was easy to relax with them. Their outgoing nature and friendly demeanor turned something that most people find awkward into a pleasant experience that felt extremely natural.

From our first meeting to the last photograph I would recommend Owls Eye Studios. I plan to use them for all of our professional photos from now on! If you don’t believe me, look at their work and meet them. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Allie · Married on 09/27/2014

Josh and Trish are amazing photographers and we cannot wait to see the rest of our photos from our September 2014 wedding at Bethel Woods.

My husband and I instantly connected with them when we sat down and had our first meeting and are so happy we chos them. They were great during planning and making sure that they knew all the family photos we definitely wanted, as well as suggesting others that we didn't think of. Josh and Trish have such a creative mind and took so many amazing photos. They took us all over the grounds at Bethel and into the museum as well. Both my husband and I are not too keen on being the center of attention especially in photos, but Josh and Trish made us feel so comfortable with them and in front of the camera.

We also did a first look, which was absolutely amazing. I was a little skeptical at first, but as Josh and Trish assured me it would be, it was an intimate and special moment that my husband and I had that I will treasure. I thank them for suggesting it, because it was a concept I had never thought of.

Thank you so much guys!! You were awesome :)

Tom, our cinematographer was also amazing, and followed us all over the grounds, as well as throughout the reception. Thank you Tom!!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Danielle · Married on 09/19/2014

When searching for our a photographer for our wedding, a friend of mine recommended checking out Owl's Eye Studios. I looked through the wedding galleries on their website and set up our first meeting with Josh. After speaking with him and seeing their work we knew right away we wanted to work with them. The prices were very reasonable and I was very happy with the amount of things that were covered in the packages. I also really loved how they edited the pictures to give them a vintage feel. After seeing how amazing our engagement pictures came out I knew we made the right choice. Josh and Tricia showed up right on time on the wedding day and were absolutely fantastic to work with. They made sure to take certain pictures I had asked for and took ones I hadn't even thought of but knew would come out great. They were also quick and efficient and had us back before our cocktail hour started. They were both so much fun to be around and have awesome personalities that made us feel so comfortable. We got our photos back from our wedding and they turned out even more amazing than I had imagined. I absolutely loved everything about every single photo from the angle it was taken to the way it was edited making the lighting look so beautiful. We've gotten so many compliments as well from family and friends on how beautiful they turned out and how most of the photos looked like they came right out of a magazine! We would highly recommend working with Owl's Eye Studios, they are incredible and fantastic at what they do!

Sent on 12/22/2014

Janine · Married on 08/30/2014

My now husband and I got married at Full Moon Resort back in August, and although I'm a little late with this review, I just wanted to say that I had such a great experience with Owl's Eye Studios! Josh and his assistant were so easy and fun to work with! They were so laid back and made me feel comfortable throughout the whole process. We've received all of our photos and I'm so pleased with the results. The shots are amazingly fresh and oh so romantic. I would absolutely work Owl's Eye Studios again, and I would recommend it to all brides and grooms to be!

Sent on 01/25/2015

Jess · Married on 08/15/2014

Josh and Tricia are truly amazing! My husband and I chose to go a very small, simple route for our wedding and I had a tough time finding a photographer willing to accommodate such small needs. However, as soon as I spoke with Tricia she assured me they could meet my needs. I currently live in Chicago, so I was not able to meet with them face-to-face, but even just through conversation via the phone I felt extremely comfortable with Owl’s Eye Studios; ESPECIALLY after seeing their work!! Throughout the whole process Josh was extremely helpful and responsive, despite the fact that it was during their busy season of larger weddings – and with being out of state, that really helped put me at ease. We just received our sneak peak and are BEYOND thrilled!! I’ve had a lot of friends recently get married in the Hudson Valley and when comparing their photos to just the few I have from my sneak peak – it reassures me as to why I chose Owl’s Eye Studios! Additionally, neither my husband nor I are comfortable with being the center of attention, but, Tricia made both of us so comfortable that it was such a fun process. We HIGHLY recommend Owl’s Eye Studios and I CANNOT work with them again in the future for something else!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Allison · Married on 07/25/2014

Josh and Trish came highly recommended to us by our close friends. After working with them, my husband and I know why. Words cannot express how awesome these guys are. They are a husband and wife team that does amazing work together. The photos and moments that these two were able to capture were incredible. Josh and Trish are a lot of fun to work with. They have a great sense of humor and are down to earth. Their professionalism and attention to detail make them a step above the rest. They are very creative and talented in what they do.
    While taking pictures during our first look, we were informed by the venue that we would not be able to take a set of pictures at a specific location on the premise (a golf tournament was going on). As my husband and I stood there stunned, Josh and Trish didn’t even blink an eye and said it would be no problem at all. We jumped into a golf cart and drove around to another area where we had the most amazing pictures taken of us beneath a billowing willow tree. They had never taken pictures at that spot before, and you never would have guessed it by the quality of photo taken. They never missed a beat the entire night. Both were extremely accommodating and very attentive to the individual requests that we had for certain photos. These two go above and beyond for their brides to make sure that they capture the most important and meaningful moments to them. My husband and I would highly recommend Owls Eye Studios to anyone looking for exceptional wedding photographers who are wonderful people.

Sent on 09/28/2014

Lindsay · Married on 07/04/2014

Just got our sneak peak and I'm in love with every picture. Owl's Eye Studio does amazing work. If your looking for a photographer don't look any further. Josh and Trish work amazingly together and make every minute relaxing and fun! The morning of my wedding the best man/ father of the grooms tie was missing, Josh took the tie off HIS neck to give him!!! I WILL recommend them to everyone in the future.

Sent on 07/19/2014