Ovation String Quartet Reviews

60 | Minneapolis, MN

60 Reviews for Ovation String Quartet

Amy · Married on 11/29/2014

I'm very pleased that I chose Ovation to play for my ceremony. We didn't get married in a church, but I wanted live music for my walk down the aisle. It was a smaller venue and I had a tight budget so a duo (violin and cello) was perfect. It was a pleasure to work with Laurie Melting from start to finish. She is extremely responsive and helpful. The only thing that would have made it easier was if they had audio snippets on their website for their repertoire list. Instead I googled each songs and listened to string quartets on YouTube. When it was my turn to walk down the aisle the sound in the room was magical and completed the experience.

Sent on 12/17/2014

Working with Laurie and her team was a breeze. The responsive nature, flexibility and confidence is unmatched. They were able to create a level of emotion that touched not only our hearts but everyone's in the room.

When asked if they could do custom songs for us ("Yellow", "The Feather Song", and "Bang on the Drum All Day") there was no hesitation, almost excitement which she had vocalized that putting arrangements together is one of her favorite activities as a musician. We had people posting on Facebook and coming up to us all night telling us how awesome they were and how unique the music was. "Who plays a string version of 'Bang on the Drums All Day'" one guest asked...well they do! :)

They are totally self-sufficient on the event day. I only realized they were all set up when they started practicing a song that brought tears to so many faces that pictures had to be paused for a brief moment.
    And when communicated that the ceremony may last 15-25 minutes longer, her response "no problem". They played through the receiving line with no additional costs.

I would recommend them to anyone!!!

Sent on 09/01/2014

Robin · Married on 07/19/2014

Using Ovation String Quartet was one of the best decisions we made for our daughter's wedding. Laurie's guidance and knowledge was invaluable and her help with choosing music made the event less stressful and enjoyable. The musicians were professional and very talented. Our guests really enjoyed the special music and gave high praise for their performance. We highly recommend Ovation String quartet.

Sent on 07/27/2014

Lisa · Married on 07/12/2014

Most of the stress of planning a wedding is the waiting on responses from vendors. Ovation was quick to respond to every email I sent, which made this process all that less stressful. Everyone we spoke to after the ceremony loved the Trio and the assortment of music that was played. It made our day all that more memorable. We can't thank them enough!!

Sent on 07/29/2014
  • User4131410 · event on: 05/17/2014

The Ovation Quartet did a great job at our party! They added the perfect touch to make our event a success. Their music selections included a wide variety of music: classical, show tunes, popular, and jazz arrangements. I can't say enough about how easy they were to work with, and how accommodating they were to our requests. The group is totally professional and I will definitely recommend them to everyone, and also hire them again in the future.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Our wedding ceremony was in a smaller space, so we used a trio which was perfect. We received compliment after compliment on the music. They were wonderful!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Bea · Married on 10/06/2013

Laurie is a wonderful musician. She played a violin for ceremony music and did a duet with a guitarist for the cocktail hour for a client's wedding. Will gladly recommend her for her music services.

Sent on 05/10/2014
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2015

Music was an important part of our wedding ceremony and the Ovation String Quartet played a big part in making our dream wedding a reality. I was extremely impressed with their quality of service during the planning stages and day of. They have a large range of songs including both traditional and contemporary and were also open to learning new songs as well. They even nailed a Lil' Wayne instrumental song. It was a pleasure working with Laurie and a relief to be able to trust a group of such talented musicians. I continue to get compliments on how amazing the music was at our wedding! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Alyssa · Married on 08/23/2014

I truly believe my wedding ceremony wouldn't have even been half of the success it was without the help of these talented musicians. It felt so surreal walking down the aisle to my favorite song being played by the group, like I was in a dream. I was more than pleased with their flawless performance. Countless guests approached me after the ceremony telling me how impressed they were too, and how having a string quartet was a refreshing change of pace from the usual wedding music. It was a wonderful experience.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Keith · Married on 05/07/2016

The music was wonderful and they learned a piece for us that made our ceremony special. We would certainly recommend them.

Sent on 06/19/2016