Ovation Entertainment Reviews

Ovation Entertainment 5
Ovation Entertainment 6
Ovation Entertainment 7

Emily · Married on 11/16/2014

Michael was awesome. I will definitely recommend his services.

Sent on 12/14/2014

Taylor · Married on 10/12/2014

Hands down the best decision we made about our entire wedding. We live in Portland, OR and had our wedding down in Orange County. Needless to say, it was insane trying to plan a wedding from hundreds of miles away. Michael was a SAVING GRACE. I literally might have lost all my hair without him. He was willing to plan over the phone, Skype, email and even accommodated our insanely busy schedule when we happened to make it down to OC before the wedding. I did not have a vision about our wedding before we sat down and talked with him. We had a lot of weird song requests seeing as my husband is a huge Doors fan and my family loves Springsteen. He accommodated ALL OF IT! He even edited our first dance song because we thought it had a boring break in it. He came up with great ideas I would have never thought of. He was all my family and friends could talk about. OH and did I mention he brought A BUNCH of party favors for the dance floor? My guests were literally on the dance floor from beginning to the very very end (they would have kept going if our venue allowed). It was all thanks to Michael. I PROMISE you, you won't be disappointed if you hire him. Seriously, hire him. Well worth the money. I'd pay $1,000 more. HIRE HIM.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Maegan · Married on 06/28/2014

Michael was the DJ for our wedding last weekend and he went above and beyond! He met with us at least 4 times before the wedding to plan the timeline of events and music. He is very responsive and easy to get in touch with, be it to set up meetings or make changes to something. I felt in good hands on the day of knowing that he would keep the event moving, and he did! Everything went as he had planned with us and our guests never felt bored or like they had downtime between activities such as dancing, cake cutting, bouquet tossing, etc. Our guests were actually amazed by him and we had several people ask for his info for their upcoming events. (One of my bridesmaids is now planning her wedding and is using him!) He passed out a lot of toys and props for people to dance with, which we didn't expect, but made the night even more fun and memorable. He did a great job of reading the dance floor and playing music that kept the party going. We were so grateful for all of his suggestions as well as his willingness to listen to our wants, and we had some quirky things on our want list. Every bride has told me to expect something to go wrong on my wedding day, and maybe we were an anomaly but we honestly didn't have anything go wrong. I have to attribute a lot of that to Micheal's planning and hard work. If you want your wedding or even to be a great party with lots of dancing, I recommend you stop looking here and call Michael. Everything was amazing thanks to him!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Vanessa · Married on 06/14/2014

Michael was a fantastic DJ! He was responsive, professional, punctual, and upbeat in every interaction I had with him. He just gave off such a positive and energetic vibe the entire evening. His playlist was tons of fun and he really knew how to get the guests excited and onto the dance floor - which can be hard to do! Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/21/2014

Kristine · Married on 06/14/2014

Michael was the BEST DJ! We had such a great time at our wedding, and so did our guests--we keep hearing from everyone how much fun they had on the dance floor. Not only did he play great music all night, he also provided uplighting, helped with a slideshow, coordinated with the photographers, and helped cue events throughout the evening. Michael also met with us several times before the wedding and really helped us to get organized, get a schedule together, get a good music selection figured out, and all in all helped us make sure our wedding day go smoothly. He was always helpful and prompt. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Carly · Married on 05/10/2014

Our wedding was the best day ever due largely in part to our amazing DJ and MC Mike McNeil with Ovation Entertainment. If you are looking for the perfect DJ for your wedding or event I promise you won't be disappointed by Mike, He surpassed all of my expectations and then some. He is extremely professional, knows everything about music and event production, and carried the evening so flawlessly despite the many moving parts. Don't waste your time interviewing anyone else because this is your guy! As someone who has worked as a wedding and event coordinator for several years now, Mike is the best DJ I have ever worked with. Mike helped make our day unique and special by working with us to select music that we liked and represented us rather than a generic mix of HIS Music. He was attentive to our requests and sat with us for several hours to listen to different songs providing suggestions to select for the special moments throughout the evening. I highly recommend adding a lighting package with Mike as he was able to enhance the mood and ambiance with the touch of a button changing colors and more. He even supervised the installation of our rented dance floor without question. He also put together our timeline and structure of the evening, and helped us design the room layout to allow for the best acoustics. We added in a percussionist on Mike’s recommendation to play alongside Mike. It added a live element to our wedding unlike anything I had seen before and people are still talking about it! I can't even express to you how incredible our day was and I know a lot of the evening’s success was because Mike was there. He was so present in every element of the process leading up to and on our wedding day. People are still coming up to me to ask who our DJ was because they were so impressed. Thank you Mike for being a part of our very memorable wedding day and all that you did to make it the wedding of the year. The only DJ I will ever recommend. Bravo!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Melissa · Married on 03/01/2014

Michael is incredible. He met with us several times before the wedding to make sure he knew exactly what we wanted and he was so professional and knowledgeable. He had our guests on the dance floor the entire reception, and it was so much fun. I have had so many guests tell me that it was the best reception they've been to and more fun than they have had in a long time, and it was all thanks to him. He was the best decision we made in the whole planning process, and I would absolutely recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 05/13/2014

We could not have had as successful of a wedding without Michael!!! If you are looking for the best MC/DJ in Southern California who's also an all around nice guy, here he is and more.

We got married end of 2013 (sorry for the late post, Michael!) and planned our LA wedding cross-country from NYC. He was always so flexible and easy to work with the 3-4 times that we met (in person and via Skype!) before the wedding. Michael also MC'd my Matron of Honor's wedding so we already knew that he was great. But what really astounds me (still, a year later) was how big of a role he took upon himself to help us plan the big day! He's not just an MC or a DJ that provides a few hours of music. He gets to know you and understands what tone to set for the entire event. In my case, he also also helped us determine the best order of the ceremony/reception events for our venue and audience. A DJ/MC/wedding planner in one! He played a critical part at our rehearsal (our officiant was awful and did not come) and smoothly facilitated the whole thing. On the day of the actual wedding, he even pulled up his sleeves and helped the groomsmen with last minute furniture rearrangements! Seriously what more can you ask for?!?! And I think that all the other reviews have already covered how professional, presentable, and great he is at getting a crowd going. Michael is the type of friend and DJ who is willing to go the extra mile and lend a helping hand simply because he's a great person. Thank you for being a part of our entire wedding process, Michael!

Sent on 01/03/2015

Mike · Married on 12/07/2013

Michael is amazing! From the momment my wife and I signed on with Mike we knew he was the right man for the Job. He is extremely professional and will make sure that all the details are lined up prior to the BIG day. He is always in touch, and will make sure that your minds are at ease. Now onto the actual day, WOW! After the ceremony, I received numerous compliments on our DJ. Many of our guests felt like the ceremony was right out of movie because of how the music was spot on! Mike is awesome!. If you are reading this, and are still deciding on a DJ to use, STOP! Mike will exceed all expectation regardless of how high you have set the bar! THANKS MIKE!!!!!

Sent on 12/12/2013

Allison · Married on 11/09/2013

I first saw Micahel at a friend's wedding a few years back. Once i got engaged and was looking for DJs, she highly recommended him. And as I had seen him and his work at her wedding I took her up on her suggestion, boy am I glad I did!

Michael was one of the main reasons my wedding was so fantastic and worry free. He was so relaxed, put you right at ease, very reasonable with what needed to have done and pricing. He would meet with you however many times was needed to be sure your itinerary was perfect, and questions answered, and all dreams realized. He tailor makes your reception to what you want, both in terms of music, energy, feel, and flow. You can have it be as cheesy game show or classy traditional as you wish, and he will do what you need. He helped with scheduling, corralling guests, and in general watching his bride and groom's backs. He was some of the best money I spent on my wedding, and everyone at the reception raved about how well the dancing and events were run. I HIGHLY recommend him to everyone. He is the best wedding investment you can make!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Kiley · Married on 11/02/2013

I was referred to Michael from my sister who is wedding planner. I am so thankful she introduced us to him as he definitely made our wedding so much fun! He spent so much time working with us, listening to songs and cutting them to make them just right for US. At our wedding every transition was so smooth, he got the crowd so pumped up and they never lost interest. I dont want to ruin his magic but Michael brings things to hand out to the guest and it was an awesome surprise. The guests loved it! I had so many complements about our wedding and how fun it was, so thank you Michael for your devotion!!! We are truly thankful for your hard work and for putting so much effort into making our day so special!!! I totally recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Jason · Married on 10/26/2013

Best wedding DJ ever. Supper professional and prepared. He made sure to get to know us and make our wedding all about us. Our friends and fam still talk about how smooth the event flowed and how much fun it was

Sent on 06/07/2014

Laura · Married on 09/28/2013

We recently had the pleasure of working with Michael for our September wedding ceremony and reception. We knew the instant we met him that he would be perfect for our wedding, but boy did he far exceed our expectations. Not only did we have an amazing night filled with non-stop dancing, but our guests still cannot stop talking about how amazing our DJ was. He had so many surprises he threw in throughout the night to keep the energy up and to get everyone out on the dance floor. He did an amazing job of keeping the nights events flowing without making us feel rushed. He also worked very closely with us to pick out the perfect music for our ceremony, and even came to our wedding rehearsal the day before to ensure everything would be in place. He was very hands on in the planning process and provided us with a full wedding day timeline to organize the various events throughout the evening. We had the best night of our lives, and we truly believe that would not have been possible without Michael's amazing energy as well as his ability to choose a playlist that encompassed all genres and encouraged our guests of all different ages to get out there and have a great time. Thank you Michael for being such a huge part of our special day, we are forever grateful for the hard work and determination you put into making our wedding so special!

Sent on 12/22/2013

Janine · Married on 06/29/2013

Michael McNeil was such a pleasure to work with! He really cares about getting to know his clients and working with them to plan the whole reception, from music selections to timelines. At his suggestion, we met with Michael four times, two in person and two on the phone because we live on the East Coast. It was great to have someone so invested in making the reception meaningful to us and also helping us make it entertaining for all our guests. He has an amazing music selection with a lot of variety and he was happy to add some of our more eclectic picks that weren't on his list. At the reception, Michael did a great job MCing and he got everyone out on the dance floor in a lot of creative ways, from inviting folks to help us finish out our first dance to handing out glow necklaces and other party props. We had such a fun reception and we owe a lot of thanks to Michael for helping us pull it off!

Sent on 07/26/2013

Monica · Married on 06/22/2013

Micheal is incredible! He met with my then fiance and I twice before we agreed to work with him. He is patient, personable, reliable and in tune with our needs. We wanted something a little outside the box for our wedding and he truly delivered.

Not only is he a great DJ, he is an amazing MC, singer and musical coordinator. He worked out all of our music, lighting, sound and band!

We had the best wedding / PARTY ever - thanks to Micheal at Ovation Entertainment.

Sent on 07/24/2013

Carol · Married on 06/21/2013

Excellent DJ! He kept the wedding and reception moving along, and had fun doing it! I can't imagine using any other DJ. Thank you, Michael, for everything. You made this wedding and reception a complete success!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Roselyn · Married on 04/06/2013

We were referred to Michael by another DJ we had researched but was already booked the day of our wedding. But no regrets with this turn of events because Michael was AMAZING! He was very professional and had his stuff together, always prepared and on top of everything. He met with us several times, even to our venue to meet with the events manager, just to make sure all our vendors were on the same page with the day-of schedule. He asked a lot of questions to really get to know us and listened to all our opinions about different genres of music, and also had a wide range of songs to choose from on his webpage to help us pick the rights songs to play from the ceremony to the reception. He really helped put together a playlist that not only met the expectations of certain people (*ahem, our moms) but still reflected our personalities. I can't stress enough how much all our guests enjoyed the music. People were on the dance floor the whole evening. And Michael brought it up several notches with all the unexpected but appreciated party favors he brought and passed out. More than a week later, and I'm still getting compliments on how great our DJ was!
    Thanks Michael for making our wedding rock =)

Sent on 04/17/2013

steven · Married on 02/17/2013

Let me begin by saying my wife and I booked Michael upon seeing him at another friend's wedding last year...He was brilliant and I thought I'd know what to expect for ours. However, I was not expecting the Above and Beyond experience he provided us not only during our wedding day but during the planning stages. We did not hire a wedding planner, so when we met Michael for the first time he completely took a load off our shoulders by providing us a detailed layout/itinerary from start to finish! He then shared/sent it out to the rest of our vendors and wedding contacts. He was literally the Master of Ceremonies, seamlessly guiding us all through our reception and playing the perfect music to set the mood.

For those that are in need of wedding DJ services for a great price, please consider these factors that simply cannot be solely measured by a star rating system:
    *He always responded to both my wife and I's emails in a timely manner
    *He has the utmost professionalism, looked sharp, possesses a huge and diverse music knowledge and is one HIP and FUN dude!
    *Handled unexpected and last minute changes with photo slideshow/same day video edit on the projector without skipping a beat
    *Unexpectedly provided everyone with awesome party props!!!
    *Assisted me with a special song performance ensuring the sound was ideal and made arrangements for other song performances which turned out great!

Most importantly, Michael is a great person, and he takes a sincere and very passionate approach to what he does and THAT should be the leading factor for your decision for your biggest day...it definitely was one of our best decisions period. Thank you Michael, best wishes to you and your family.

Sent on 02/21/2013

Jenny · Married on 09/08/2012

I can't go on enough about how great Michael was.

From day one he was attentive, and willing to meet up anytime, anywhere.

We had a total of 4 meetings with Michael, AND he came to our rehearsal. That's more than any other vendor did for us.

You can tell he WANTS to please you, wants you to have a perfect time, and wants everything for your wedding to come together.

He listens to your likes and dislikes, he wants to get to know you as a couple and individually. He does exactly what you ask, and nothing less.

He doesn't just care about when he's on or what he does, but about all the other aspects of the wedding. He acted almost as another wedding coordinator the day of and prior to the wedding.

He surprised us by bringing some amazing props to the wedding to hand out: little led lights, Michael Jackson gloves, etc. And they were a huge hit!

He was just such a pleasure, and I consider him a true friend after this experience.

And his prices are amazing and so reasonable!

Sent on 10/03/2012
  • Brynne

Brynne · Married on 08/17/2012

Michael McNeil is more than a DJ. He literally ran our wedding and worked seamlessly with all of my vendors. Not only did he do a fabulous job, but my family and I now consider him as a great friend!! We were so happy with the work he did and my guests were so impressed. My wedding was a great success and so much of this is attributed to him. I would highly recommend him to anyone and everyone. Additionally, he is incredibly affordable. If you live in California, you would be crazy to not hire him as your DJ/MC. I am so grateful we hired him!!

Sent on 08/25/2012

Vickie · Married on 05/20/2012

We loved Michael. Would recommend Michael and know you would not be disappointed. Kept the party moving and had many compliments regarding how "terrific" he was. Lots of fun surprises and never was their a lag. We started on time...we were on track all evening without feeling rushed at any time.
    Michael is the BEST!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Paula · Married on 05/19/2012

It was such a pleasure working with Michael!

Since our first meeting, we felt very comfortable using his services as our DJ and MC! Michael was very organized and gave us lots of advise for our reception, which we really appreciate. Also, it helped the fact that he is one of the preferred vendors at our venue so he is very familiar with it.

His website is user-friendly so we were able to communicate with him through his website.

Our guests had so many good compliments for Michael. He surprise us with some props he provided to our guests and that was a hit for our dancing. We had such a great time!

We will definitely recommend Michael and we hope we get to work with him in the future! :)

Sent on 06/05/2012

Monica · Married on 04/28/2012

Michael McNeil is too awesome for words. We hired him for our wedding in 2012 at the Cheesecake Factory. It was a very DIY wedding, I do not have a large family to help out but Michael was one of the many angels that showed up to help out on our most special day. I did not have a wedding planner but with him I did not need one. During our initial meet-ups he totally mapped out the reception, and had us submit a funny story from our relationship, which he turned into a heartfelt metaphor for our life together. Our guests really enjoyed that.

The music interests and ages of our guests were so random but Michael did not have a problem keeping the energy going from wall to wall. We had everything from Motley Crue, UB40, Pitbull, Michael Jackson, and back to Motley Crue "Home Sweet Home." And you'd be surprised how many grown people will put themselves out of their comfort zone and dare to enter the dance floor for some flashing rings, glow necklaces, and maracas. Even my above-it-all, world traveling DJ/Producer brother had a blast and was impressed by Michael's ability to amp up the atmosphere.

My relatives have said our wedding was better than all the platinum style weddings they have been to. I feel I owe a lot to Michael for putting a bow on the whole day.

Mr. McNeil is not a DJ, he creates an undeniably perfect experience for you and your guests, more of a dream-maker.....

Sent on 07/18/2013

A · Married on 04/14/2012

Michael was the most amazing vendor we had! Not only was he our DJ but he basically helped us plan out our entire timeline of events. Michael went way beyond what was expected of him. He had all kinds of props and even got all the non-dancers out onto the dance floor. Everyone had a wonderful time and Michael truly listened to everything we had said as his service was flawless. I would highly recommend Michael be the first call you make when choosing your vendors. He will not disappoint.

Sent on 04/27/2012

Evan · Married on 03/03/2012

Michael McNeil is an amazing MC / DJ. If you need someone to host your event, and you want a 100% guarantee that it will be classy, unique, and most importantly, an unbelievable amount of fun, do yourself a big favor and call Michael immediately.

When my wife and I were planning our wedding, we literally had no idea how to find an MC or even where to look. Luckily, we received a glowing recommendation from an acquaintance. I was a bit skeptical at first, but from the moment we met Michael, it was easy to see what our friend was talking about. Firstly, Michael is a one of the nicest people you will ever meet. He is extremely warm, friendly, and funny. He is the kind of person that you feel comfortable around immediately. By our second meeting with him, I already felt like we were old friends getting together for dinner.

My wife and I also did not have a wedding planner, so the structure of our reception was a bit of a mystery. Luckily, Michael saved the day, took us by the hand, and helped us plan the night step by step. I can't begin to explain how helpful it was to have a true professional listen to what we imagined our ceremony should feel like and then translate that into a beautifully planned event. Amazingly, Michael met with us 4 times before our wedding and even took the time to scout the location of our reception (the Queen Mary). He really wanted everything to be perfect for us and it showed. He genuinely cared and took an incredible amount of time to get to know us and understand what we wanted.

In the end, our reception was an astounding success. We attribute this, in large part, to Michael. It is very rare for a group of people to agree on something–let alone a very large group of people. However, EVERY SINGLE PERSON at our wedding agreed on 2 things: 1) They thought everything was perfect and 2) Our DJ was the best they had ever seen. He set the tone for the whole night, got the crowd fired up for introductions, kept the night moving along at a perfect pace, set the stage for sentimental moments, and got everybody onto the dance floor to shake some booty. On top of all this, Michael brought his own props to the event and passed them out to everyone on the dance floor. It's crazy how much glow sticks, sunglasses, and streamers can add to the fun. Michael even had a trademark sparkling silver glove for my buddy who took center stage for his Michael Jackson impression!

Finally, Michael gave us all this time and attention, and a huge amount of extras, for an extremely reasonable flat rate. Honestly, I don't believe you will find better value for the price.

I can't say enough about Michael. He is a great DJ and a wonderful person. If you need an MC or DJ for your wedding or event and you've never met Michael, and you are unsure if you should trust website reviews, please feel free to contact me (evanbelfi@hotmail.com) and get the story from me personally. I would be happy to give you a first hand testimonial about our experience with Michael. He was that good.

Thank you Michael for giving us a night we will never forget!

Sent on 04/05/2012