Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography Reviews

157 | Kill Devil Hills, NC

157 Reviews for Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography

Amanda · Married on 05/30/2011

Artz Music was wonderful! Sue is great to work with! :-) Highly recommended. Our wedding was perfect. The ceremony music was beautiful and several people commented at the reception that it was a great mix, too.

Sent on 06/08/2011

Steffni · Married on 05/29/2011

The Artz family is so easy going it makes any brides day go smoother and stress free. They even found alternate location for taking pictures when a unexpected even occurred in the original spot. Not only was the location beautiful it truly fit my personality perfectly. Also when u are a bride having a destination wedding make checklists for a checklists.

Sent on 07/04/2011
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/14/2011

Sue was AWESOME! She always responded back super fast whenever I had a question & went out of our way to make the day special.She was professional - the music was awesome....I really just can't say enough! I guess to sum it up - book her!! :-) You will be very happy!

Sent on 05/20/2011

Claudia · Married on 05/11/2011

Artz Music & Photography exceeded my expectations for the services provided for my wedding day. Hosting a destination wedding was stressful, but with the help of Sue and Matt Artz, everything went smoothly. They were adaptable to changes due to weather in OBX.
    Sues' attention to details and e-mail follow thru, eased my worries and concerns over family pictures and music. The violin music made the ceremony, and of course the pictures came out gorgeous. My friends and family were so happy with the music for dancing and their pics.

Sent on 06/18/2011

Kelly · Married on 05/09/2011

Sue was amazing to work with from start to finish. She was always friendly, quick to respond to emails, and even helped/gave advice on non-music related things for my wedding! She also provided a timeline for the wedding which was a huge help. Everyone loved having her play violin at the ceremony. She was our DJ for the reception as well and several of our guests commented on her fun music selections. She had everyone dancing the entire night! I can't say enough how happy I am she was a part of our wedding!

Sent on 05/24/2011

Benjamin · Married on 05/08/2011

Sue and Matt were amazing, both as people and as vendors. Honestly, I was originally a little skeptical when I saw a husband and wife photographer and DJ, I had figured could they really both do this well or is this a gimmick? As I spoke with them I gained more and more confidence. They were extremely friendly, helpful and even went above and beyond by suggesting other vendors to use in the Outer Banks area. On top of that, that had fantastic prices! Sue even doubled her duties by helping us with some of the wedding planning. If you are looking for friendly, affordable, reliable vendors for your wedding who take their job serious and try to cater to your every need, then Matt and Sue Artz are the people for you. They define professionalism, customer service, and reliability.

Sent on 06/23/2011

Maggie · Married on 10/10/2010

Sue and Matt were fantastic!!! Sue responded to all emails within 24 hours which I found very helpful as a bride with all the questions I was asking. They worked well with our planned schedule and even helped us find a ceremony site when our original site was closed for repairs (moved to Coquina Beach, NC from the Bodie Island Lighthouse). My husband and I were not from the area and they also helped suggest additional vendors and pointed out items we may have otherwise overlooked (travel time, schedule of the tides, sunset, etc).

Sue played all the traditional songs at my request, during the ceremony - and went above and beyond to find our special request songs for the reception. She kept the party going with a nice mix of 'party hits', slow songs, and our must haves. She also brought out the violin for a few moments during the reception to play along with hits like "Devil went down to Georgia". She also acted as a wedding planner and did such a good job helping with our wedding timeline that we ended up 45 minutes ahead of schedule which allowed us to relax and enjoy every moment of our big day.

Matt was very professional and took some GREAT photos! He worked well with our videographer, other vendors, and followed our ministers request not to walk behind him - which we really appreciated. Matt thought of cute poses for us after the wedding during the 'formal' photos and did an excellent job capturing the fun and excitement at the reception. He also asked for our input on poses and locations for photos in case we wanted anything special. I was surprised at how many moments he caught us as our true selves - our personalities and love for one another really show as we look through all of the pictures of our special day!

We are so thankful to have found Sue and Matt - they really helped make our day special. Not only did they contribute to creating a special day for us they captured it perfectly in photos for years of memories! Thanks so much Artz Music and Photography!!!!

The Dooleys

Sent on 12/13/2010

Robert · Married on 10/09/2010

Sue did an awsome job from the violin on the beach to the last song of the night. I would recomend Artz Music & Photography to anyone looking for a perfect weeding.

Sent on 10/22/2010
  • Jen & Ken Arters

Jennifer K. · Married on 10/01/2010

We had such a great time working with Sue and Matt through the planning stages and on our wedding day! The husband and wife team are so cute and are so easy to work with. They both always have a smile on their face and have come up with so many ideas for songs and photographs. Matt made everyone feel very comfortable when shooting. Sue learned new songs on the violin just for my parents to hear "Carolina Moon", which they were sooooo excited about. Sue also got me into learning to play, but I'll never be as amazing as her on the violin. She brings her cute dressed up, cordless amp so people could hear her perfectly on the beach. We had so much fun and many laughs that we felt like we were the only people on the beach! Sometimes when you get photographs taken they make you pose in positions that you would never think of being in but Matt just let us be who we are! Even Sue picks up the camera when she's finished playing the prelude. To see how excited Matt would get when he saw the best shots just makes you feel great! We received our photos within 2 weeks of our wedding date which is better than any other photographers we interviewed! Sue and Matt are wonderful and I’d recommend them to anyone for any type of venue.

Sent on 10/22/2010
  • Autumn

Autumn · Married on 09/26/2010

We were VERY pleased with Artz Music and Photography! Sue was wonderful! She played beautifully and we got A LOT of compliments on the ceremony music!

Sent on 10/11/2010
  • Mrs. P

Christy · Married on 09/18/2010

Hands down Matt and Sue were our favorite and easiest vendors to work with. We planned our wedding in 6 months from 4 hours away. Each time we contacted Matt and Sue they got back to us so quickly. They worked with us to give us exactly what we were hoping for on our special day. On the day of we had to change the schedule of events around and they were very accommodating. Sue's music for the wedding and reception were PERFECT! Everyone loved the music she played and had a great time dancing. Matt's pictures turned out absolutely BEAUTIFUL. We couldn't wait to get them in and show them off to everyone. I would STRONGLY reccommend the two of them to every bride.

Sent on 11/30/2010

Jen · Married on 09/12/2010

Since the beginning of our relationship Sue was great! She was quick to respond and always had great advice! We never even met in person until my wedding day, but I knew her and Matt were the perfect fit for our day. Sue played the violin during the ceremony and cocktail hour and she also was our DJ for the reception...all while Matt did the photography. Everyone raved about the music from the beginning to the end of the night. We expected it to take 4-6 weeks to get our photos back, which we knew would seem like an eternity but when we heard from Sue 10 days after the wedding to confirm our address to ship our photos out to us we were SHOCKED!!! Amazingly shocked! I rushed home from work when our photos were due to arrive and just as we'd expected...the photos Matt took were picture perfect! Both Don and I fell in love with each photo and to this day we look at them constantly! Thank you so much Sue and Matt for making our wedding day so unique and something to be cherrished in photos for a lifetime of happiness!!!

Sent on 12/13/2010

Jennifer · Married on 09/10/2010

We absolutely loved Artz Music & Photography! They were a pleasure to work with and most importantly did an amazing job with both the music and photos! I would highly recommend them. I can't thank them enough for capturing all the memories on our special day! Thanks again Matt & Sue:)!

Sent on 10/07/2010

Danielle · Married on 09/10/2010

I can't say enough about Artz Music & Photography. When I inquired first about our wedding date they were booked. Sue Artz then replied that she was able to find someone to perform, to me that was really going the extra mile (customer servcie was outstanding). I have to say any time I emailed with questions the turnaround time was quick. I would HIGHLY recommend booking Artz Music & Photography, one piece of advise inquire quickly as I'm sure they'll book fast!!!!

Sent on 10/10/2010

Emily · Married on 09/04/2010

Artz Music & Photography provided beautiful violin ceremony music for our beach wedding. We requested a special song for our recessional and Sue Artz was very willing and eager to get the sheet music and play it for us!

Sent on 10/09/2010

Ashley · Married on 08/16/2010

I could not have asked for a more wonderful violinist. She was extremely easy to work with and very understanding. She was able to play the music we needed/wanted and never wavered. She was easy to reach and responded quickly to emails. I wouldn't change a thing working with Sue! 100% recommendation from me!

Sent on 10/15/2010

Letty · Married on 08/01/2010

Sue and Matt are a great team! One of my most important expenses for my wedding was the DJ, ceremony music and photgraphy. Artz Music & Photography did not dissapoint! I did my research and found that Artz Music & Photography had THE best packages in all OBX. In fact, they were the only ones that provided all 3 services in one package! I had plenty of questions while planning my wedding since I was an out of town bride. Sue was always quick to answer my every question and was an huge instrument in planning my wedding; I truly couldn't have done it without her. Sue was great on the violin during my ceremony and was also a spectacular DJ. She kept the party going all night long! Matt was also awesome to work with. We didn't have a videographer for our wedding but we truly didn't need one. He captured every shot I could ever want. They were hands down the best selection I made from all of my vendors. Would HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 10/24/2010

Holly · Married on 07/30/2010

Sue and Matt were excellent, they were extremly flexible and worked with our style. They captured our ceremony beautifullly and gave us some really classic pictures. However, my favorite pictures were the ones they took of the reception, they really showed the charecter of the night and how much fun everyone had.

Sent on 09/07/2010

Kari · Married on 07/23/2010

This couple was wonderful and I was so lucky to be able to find them on the internet! I lived a couple hours away so I had to do everything over the internet and I always got a quick response to emails. The couple was so easy to talk to and really make sure you have a great experience! They go above and beyond what they have to do and offered so much more for the price then other vendors I contacted before I found them! Everyone loved the violin during the ceremony and the pictures!

Sent on 09/07/2010

Meghan · Married on 07/18/2010

Sue and Matt were fantastic! We couldn't have asked for more! The ceremony music, pictures, and DJ were perfect! I highly recommend Artz Music & Photography!

Sent on 11/04/2010

Angie · Married on 07/05/2010

Planing for your, out of state, wedding can be overly stressful. We did a lot of research on line and thankfully found obx violin by Sue and Matt Artz. Are questions and concerns were always answered quickly and professionally. After months of planing, our wedding day quickly approached. Sue and Matt arrived at our beach house and we completed a final run-through of how everything was going to go. This calmed my nerves and reassured me that our day would go as planed. Sue played the violin during our ceremony while Matt took pictures before, during and after the ceremony. Sue played music at our reception and everyone had such a great time. Several of our guest and family members had completed on what a wonderful job they had done. We were so anxious to see our wedding photos and they were breathtaking. Out of all the companies/professions that we had dealt with while planing our wedding obx violin was the only one that we gave outstanding remarks to. We highly recommend them to anyone who wants a hassel-free and rememberable wedding.

Sent on 08/06/2010

Amber · Married on 06/23/2010

Sue went above and beyond to help us with our wedding, she is very knowledgeable of the local vendor, and helped us select many of them. She did a wonderful job during the ceremony on the violin and did a great job during the reception. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/28/2010

Megan · Married on 06/18/2010

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Sue and Matt on our wedding day. Sue played the ceremony music and Matt was our photographer. They were both awesome! Prior to meeting Sue and Matt, I was very nervous about finding a photographer that would meet my needs. I do not like posing for pictures and I did not want to spend a lot of time on the pictures when I could be enjoying my guests. Not only did Sue and Matt completely cater to my wishes, but they also made me feel extremely comfortable throughout the process. They did an excellent job of enhancing the day and capturing it at the same time. Planning a destination wedding was difficult, but Sue and Matt made it as stress free and enjoyable as possible!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Deborah · Married on 06/05/2010

Artz Music & Photography
    Sue and Matt are a great team. They are very knowledgeable and will keep your wedding and reception on schedule. Everyone at my wedding just kept telling me how wonderful the ceremony music was by Sue and the selected DJ music that was provided fit everyone’s taste they captured our day to the "T". Matt made me and everyone in the wedding party feel completely comfortable while he was photographing he is so friendly. I would recommend them to anyone that asks!! My wedding day was the best my son and husband were so happy about how things turned out! Deborah and George Renner

Sent on 10/10/2010

Valerie · Married on 06/04/2010

OBX violin was great! i would recommend them to anyone! We planned our wedding from out of state and they were so helpful with any question we had! They were alot of fun at the wedding and did a fantastic job! They provided the ceremony music, DJ service and photography and each service was very well executed.

Sent on 07/04/2010