Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography Reviews

157 | Kill Devil Hills, NC

157 Reviews for Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography

Dayna · Married on 06/09/2016

Absolutely amazing!!!! Couldn't have found anyone better!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Dayna! We're so glad you had a wonderful wedding day and we hope to see you all again sometime:)

Lynn · Married on 05/12/2016

Sue and Matt did an amazing job for my daughter's wedding on 5/12/16. Sue responded to all email correspondence rapidly and was extremely helpful in planning the music for both the ceremony and the reception. Sue's violin music for the ceremony was beautiful, and the fact that she can play a wide variety of songs allowed my daughter to choose songs that were special to her. At the reception, Sue and Matt kept everyone dancing from the first dance to the last, with music inviting for all ages. As was to be expected, there were some changes that needed to be made to the timeline during the reception, and Sue was very flexible and made everything flow smoothly. It was a huge benefit that Sue and Matt could take care of everything related to the music for the wedding. They are pro's and we could just relax and enjoy it!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Thank you SO much for your kind words! We were honored to be a part of your daughter's wedding and know they will live happily ever after! Thanks again❤

Jennifer · Married on 04/26/2016

Sue and Matt could not have helped us any more than they did to create and pull off the most perfect wedding day. When we reached out to them we were overwhelmed with all the decisions we had to make from several states away. Sue jumped right in with recommendations, guidance, and reassurances. It was wonderful having 4 vendors in one package. And her catering recommendation (Argyle's) was absolutely amazing! Both Sue and Matt kept everything on track the day of the wedding so all we had to worry about was getting dressed and walking down the aisle. From our first phone call, through emails, our pre-wedding sit down, all the way to the end of our wonderful day we could not have asked for anything more.

From the moment I heard Sue's violin music coming from the beach I was emotional. The beauty of the moment could not have been more perfect. Sue kept our wishes and our requests in mind throughout everything, even consulting with us when there was an unusual request from a guest, she just was making sure that everything was exactly what we wanted, I felt like she was my guardian angel helping keep everything the way I had envisioned. And wow did she keep the reception hopping, everyone loved the music, I don't think there was a moment when there weren't people dancing and just having an awesome time. She didn't even shy away from a rather crazy request from me for my Father/Daughter dance.

And the pictures, all I can say is Wow! Matt captured everything, from my Dad's face when he saw me in my dress for the first time, the moments I couldn't see because I was getting ready, all the way to our rooftop sunset pictures right before the reception was over. We told Matt we wanted candid shots mostly, we wanted to capture the day in beautiful moments with our family and friends, and that is exactly what he did. If you want everything to run smoothly and be captured beautifully, then Sue & Matt are who you need for your special day!

Sent on 05/06/2016

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Jen and Mike! We're so happy your Wedding Day was everything you hoped it would be!

Words cannot express how happy I am that we chose to go with Matt and Sue for our wedding. They were fantastic from day one. I had called around, and was just unsettled with my decision until I spoke with Sue. I expected a quick phone call, but instead I ended up talking with her for 45 minutes. She was incredibly helpful, and made me feel at rest about all of the decisions we had made that far in the planning process. I had decided that they were the best fit for us before I had even hung up the phone. From that point on, Sue was my go to for any questions or concerns that I had about the wedding. They helped us with decisions unrelated to the photography or music that allowed us to stay within our budget. When we made a planning trip down to Corolla, they set aside time within our short visit to meet with us. We left there feeling very confident with our choice. Reflecting back on how well the whole process went, I feel it is so important to emphasis how supportive they were of our budget and our ideas that may have been unique or questionable. They listened to our ideas and made us feel as if we were the best wedding planners they had ever seen. This was especially reassuring since we did not hire a wedding planner. Now onto the actual wedding day - they showed up early and got started right away. A wave of anxiety had washed over me right before they walked in, so I rushed through talking to them and just told them to do what they thought was best. Everything was on time and so smooth. I could not imagine the ceremony or reception going any better. I left that day feeling so overwhelmed with gratitude for them. To top that off, they had our pictures to us wayyy before I expected based on the turnover rate of other photographers I had talked to. My husband :) and I set up the slideshow and were able to relive all the emotions we experienced that day. The pictures were beyond amazing. Our wedding was everything I ever hoped for.

Sent on 05/03/2016

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Thank you again for sharing your Wedding Day with us! We're so glad everything turned out wonderful!

Dexter · Married on 04/23/2016

Matt and Sue are masters of their craft!! I could not imagine booking a better photographer, violinist, and DJ. Full package wrapped up in one couple, who did an absolutely amazing job. By far the best value, talent you will find in the market, I promise. They were in constant communication with us well prior to the wedding date. Eased our anxiety with the weather, our food vendor selection, and the mass number of people we invited. I don't always write reviews, but when I do, I do it for Matt and Sue!! Look forward to future interactions with this amazing couple.

Sent on 06/03/2016

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! You guys were great to work with and we're so happy you had a wonderful OBX wedding❤
  • Daniellle

Daniellle · Married on 02/13/2016

There are no words to describe how Matt and Sue Artz made our day fabulous. They were so flexible with our schedules since we lived in another state. Matt did not miss one moment with his camera, the candids, family photos, and trashing my dress was amazing. Sue you play the violin like an angel and there was not a moment that the dance floor was empty.Not only are you guys professional, but we feel like we have new friends in obx and every year we visit, our family portraits will only be done by you.Thank you again for all your hardwork!
    Love,
    Danielle and Mike Westbrook Pgh PA Go Steelers!

Sent on 10/16/2011

Samantha · Married on 09/26/2015

Sue and Matt are AMAZING!!! Sue played the violin BEAUTIFULLY for my ceremony. She played traditional songs and the star wars theme for the boys to walk into (which was a huge hit!!! She had a huge variety of songs to pick from and is more than willing to learn new ones. She was also the DJ for my wedding and did an AMAZING job! We told her what kind of music we liked and she completely got what we were looking for and exceeded our expectations! She even added WOW factor to the wedding when she plugged in her violin and played along to some songs toward the end of the night! It was AWESOME!!! Sue even made up a Wedding Timeline and gave me tons of advice throughout the planning process!!! Matt did our photography and he was absolutely PERFECT!!! He captured the day perfectly! I am literally able to go through my photos and completely relive the day! He captured so many candid photos that my husband and I will cherish forever! The best part was we barely even noticed him taking so many pictures!!! Sue and Matt are a package deal for a GREAT price! It was like dealing with one person for three vendors which was awesome and we had a lot of things in common so that was just icing on the cake!!! I wish I could give them more than five stars!!! Book them!!! You will not be disappointed!!! :-) :-) :-)

Sent on 12/14/2015

Emily · Married on 09/05/2015

Let me start by saying these two are AWESOME - great value, great service, beautiful pictures, and excellent music. I booked Sue and Matt as quickly as possible for my Wedding because of online reviews and the awesome combo of having a DJ/Ceremony Music/Coordinator/Photographer all in one! Sue worked with me throughout the planning process - responding almost immediately to e-mails, texts, phone calls, etc. without any problem.. She even helped our Deacon with the ceremony because he is a family friend who had only done a few weddings. She coordinated with our catering service and of course with her Husband, Matt to ensure our day was worry-free. They arrived early both the venue to set up the DJ equipment and early to the chapel to help us get started. Our photos were returned in a timely manner and the pictures we captured (on an extremely windy day at the beach and with a very large group) were absolutely breathtaking!!!! He captured every person who attended our wedding - not an easy task with over 100 people. Sue's talent as a musician and DJ gave our ceremony and reception the exact feel that we were looking for. She learned a special song that I requested to walk down the aisle to and she even plugged in her violin to play Devil Went down to Georgia during the reception (by my request!)! She is excellent at reading the crowd, getting people to dance, but realizing when they need a quick break. If you are looking for an awesome value in the expensive OBX wedding market and a worry-free day (especially if you're not hiring a coordinator/planner) these two are the absolute BEST! :)

Sent on 12/30/2015

Colleen · Married on 07/24/2015

Matt and Sue are AMAZING!! If you are even considering a wedding in the OBX area you would not be sorry to use this amazing husband and wife team! From the first e-mail Sue was amazing! She is So responsive and always able to help. We exchanged cell phone numbers and she was always happy to return text very quickly. We had a wonderful sit down before hand and they were both very receptive to our music and photo suggestions.
    The day of went off without a hitch and I know this is mostly due to Matt and Sue. They were able to accomodate photos when we had some elderly family members that were not able to go into the sand. Sue kept the party going and Matt fit into the crowd like he was a guest, not the photographer. I have often been to weddings where the photographer stands out like a sore thumb and the crowd tends to shy away from the photographer. This was not the case! Matt was able to get right in there and blend in with the guests. I havn't seen our reception photos yet, but I'm sure there are some GREAT ones. My teaser photos have left me very excited to see the rest!
    Sue was just wonderful. I thought that a violin on the beach might not be heard over the waves and the wind, but I could hear her playing from the pier. It was beautiful!! I cannot say enough about how she kept the party going and kept the mood light during the reception. She even played by 4 year old flower girl's favorite song twice since she missed the first one for a picture. :) She plugged in the Violin again later in the evening and she brought the house down! My family and guests were amazed and impressed that "the DJ is doing that!" It was an awesome addition to the party!!

I seriously cannot say enough about Matt and Sue. They were so very very easy to work with and they are all around wonderful people. If I could give 10 stars I would!! I can't wait to return to Kitty Hawk for family photos in the future, I will be calling!!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Natalie · Married on 06/10/2015

Sue was a pleasure to work with. She played the violin beautifully for my elopement ceremony. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for some live music for their ceremony.

Sent on 07/29/2015

Stephanie · Married on 05/18/2015

Matt and sue were absolutely amazing! The pictures we've seen so far are beautiful and I cannot wait to see the rest! They are so caring and very responsive to emails!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Susan · Married on 04/17/2015

Matt and Sue were great! I'm so glad that i chose them to be a part of my wedding. I wanted pictures that i could look back on and remember what a great day we had. The pictures that were taken the day of the wedding were beautiful and they got every shot that I asked for. They also provided music for the ceremony which was a very nice addition to our small beach wedding. I would definitely recommend Matt and Sue to my friends and family in the future.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Emily · Married on 09/15/2014

Planning a wedding from up in New York was very stressful! Sue Artz relieved a LOT of this stress!

We knew we wanted to work with Sue after the first email we exchanged. She immediately put our worries to rest with her easygoing attitude & knowledge about OBX weddings. She welcomed any questions we had during the months leading up to the wedding. Communication was fantastic! Any emails or texts were answered...and quickly. She even recommended the caterer we ended up using (Argyle's) & they were awesome!! She constructed a timeline for our entire wedding that was SO helpful during the planning process & day of. She provided us with music lists to pick songs we liked right away. She also was very accommodating in adding songs that she didn't have that we wanted. Sue is a very talented violinist & played during the ceremony. She didn't even bat an eye when we requested Billy Idol's "White Wedding" for the processional :) I highly recommend having her play along with "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" during the reception; she kills it!

And then there's photographer Matt Artz. Matt, much like his wife, is such a nice, easygoing person. He's kind of like a ninja...always there but you don't see him. We really enjoyed that! I've been to weddings where the photographer hijacks the families for hours of pictures & is always in your face. There is none of that with Matt! He moves the staged pictures right along so you can get back to enjoying your big day. He shot any poses we wanted & had a lot of great ideas of his own! For the rest of the reception we didn't even notice him so we were free to just be ourselves and not always feel "on". Having only been married a couple weeks now, our pictures are obviously not ready yet. We have, however, received some teaser photos that we LOVE!

Overall, the team of Matt & Sue Artz can't be beat! They know their stuff AND you won't find anyone more reasonable in OBX. It's a win win scenario!

Sent on 10/01/2014

Tina · Married on 09/06/2014

Sue and Matt were recommended to me by our reception venue, the Hilton Garden Inn, and I read reviews online at WeddingWire.com. Obviously the reviews were awesome, but we basically booked them due to the emails I had back and forth with Sue during the planning phases. She was SO sweet and I just got the best feeling from her...boy was my gut right! Sue was so easy to work with from start to finish, and was able to ease my mind when I had a bridal freak out moment a week before the wedding over the weather forecast. We wanted one thing out of our wedding, and that was for people to have FUN - and they did. Sue had everyone on the dance floor nearly the entire night - it was awesome! What was even cooler was that she would chime in on violin during some of the songs (Devil Went Down to Georgia was a high point, of course!) - everyone loved it! Her playing during the ceremony was absolutely beautiful, and totally fit the setting and how I pictured it. As for Matt... he was AWESOME to work with. He had some great suggestions as to what poses we could do, and said yes to taking any pictures that we had thoughts on. Not to mention that he worked FAST, which is great because I felt like we got in even more pictures than I ever thought we would. We absolutely cannot wait to see the final product! All in all, these two were a GREAT fit for us and made our day absolutely perfect. Thank you guys!!! - Tina + Mike

Sent on 09/08/2014

Nicole · Married on 07/05/2014

Sue was fantastic to have at our wedding. Mine was a destination wedding, and it was a relief to have a vendor who was organized and responded to me quickly. I never had to worry about my DJ! She stayed flexible throughout the reception and was very professional. I'd recommend you ask her to play her violin once or twice--she's amazing at that as well!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/28/2014

Sue and Matt were great to work with! Sue was always very quick to answer any of my questions and was so helpful. Sue did our ceremony music and was our DJ. The ceremony music was beautiful and she was an amazing DJ. All of my guests loved her music choices. Matt did our photography and was fantastic. Overall Sue and Matt are amazing to work with, I would recommend them to anyone getting married on the Outer Banks!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Cheryl · Married on 06/13/2014

Sue and Matt were absolutely amazing and really had a way of calming my nerves. They were schedule oriented (which I liked) but flexible. I would recommend them to ANYONE!

Sent on 07/11/2014

Melissa · Married on 05/17/2014

Very easy to work with and super helpful in the planning process. I would use them again if I could! They were very friendly and accommodating.

Sent on 06/16/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/11/2014

Matt and Sue Artz were our favorite vendors for our wedding in Kill Devil Hill, NC in May of 2014. Sue Artz was amazing on violin and DJ. I walked down the aisle to Canon in D and it was amazing on the beach. She was helpful when it came to vendor selections for a florist, hair and makeup artist, and any questions I had during the preparation for the wedding. The music selection was huge and she was accommodating to our music preferences. Matt was fabulous as our photographer. We selected poses prior to the wedding and he helped us remember everything we wanted during the photo shoot. They were friendly and super easy to talk to but not over the top by any means. Sue would get back to emails in no time and helped us with a timeline for the wedding day. We met with them in September of 2013 and talked to them through emails about planning the wedding throughout the winter. My husband and I highly recommend choosing them as your photographer, violinist, and DJ. We were not disappointed at all and they are truly the best on the Outer Banks.
    Sincerely,
    Sarah & Nathan

Sent on 12/31/2014

Jim · Married on 05/09/2014

Matt and Sue were amazing, fun yet professional. The pictures turned out amazing! We try to stay in touch even 3 years after because they were just awesome people!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Unbelievable service and amazing photography. Was a pleasure to have them there on our special day to capture our wedding! Matt and Sue are true professionals. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing DJ or Photography service in the Outer Banks.

Sent on 07/28/2014
  • W

William · Married on 04/17/2014

What a dynamic duo! Sue and Matt Artz provided a drama-free, wonderful wedding experience for us down in the Outer Banks. So professional, so friendly and so easy to work with. The music was exactly what we'd asked for and our photos turned out perfectly. And the turnaround on getting the photos was second to none, and I am not exaggerating. Please, do yourself a favor and reach out to Sue if you are considering getting married down in the Outer Banks...you will not regret it!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Amy · Married on 10/12/2013

Sue is the best! My husband and I renewed our vows after 20 years of marriage, and Sue Artz was instrumental in helping me pull the whole thing together. She helped me build the timeline and plan for what was to happen when; any time I had questions she always had answers. And she plays beautifully! Her DJ skills are unparalleled. If you are not considering Artz Music & Photography you are truly missing on on a top-line professional.
    All my guests had a great time and it was due in large part to Sue's help. THE BEST!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Lindsey · Married on 09/19/2013

Sue and Matt were great! We met with them on our initial trip to the outer banks and we immediately got along well. Sue provided great advice as far as planning and other vendors. Her violin for the ceremony was perfect. Matt took a ton of pictures! He was not pushy taking pics and he was always around the action. It was great having access to the hundreds and hundreds of pictures to do whatever we wanted with them. The value of this "package deal" could not be touched by other vendors, they are an awesome team. Most importantly thought was their personalities. It was like having our friends DJ and take pictures. You cant put a price on that!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Jocelyn · Married on 09/14/2013

We used Sue to play violin at our ceremony and DJ our reception. Matt was our photographer. I love that their services come as a packaged deal. Matt and Sue are down to earth and super easy to work with. Their knowledge and expertise helped to make our wedding a breeze. Sue's violin playing at our ceremony and once during our reception was awesome. She was great as a DJ and asked for my approval of guest song requests. Matt is super easy going, takes whatever pictures you would like, and has a great eye for pictures that would look awesome. We recently got a preview of some wedding pictures and they look great!

Sent on 09/29/2013