Our Dream Photos by James DeCamp Photography Reviews

63 | Columbus, OH

63 Reviews for Our Dream Photos by James DeCamp Photography

Amanda Ramirez · Married on 10/10/2020

Gorgeous photos and a level of quality

Jim and his team have been shooting for our families and friends for decades. Gorgeous photos and a level of quality that no-one else can match. In particular, we really enjoyed Jim work during the events, of course led byJames DeCamp Photography and experience.

Sent on 11/10/2019

Krista · Married on 09/02/2016

I enjoyed having Jim on my special day. I heard that he kept things together when I was running late to the venue. Jim was great to work with and was extremely professional, meeting with us the day before to discuss what sort of photos we'd like and offering suggestions. He made an otherwise very stressful activity fun and memorable and the pictures were so good! We definitely recommend him!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Lucy · Married on 08/06/2016

Having used James in the past for family photographs and I had no hesitation in him taking our wedding photos. My husband had never met James before so there was a little finagling to get him to agree but from the first time we met James to discuss our plans, Adam was happy, and on the day James and his team really pulled out all the stops make sure we had the best photographs possible. James sense of humor and friendly approach put everyone at ease and we all had such a lot of fun throughout the whole day. We feel that this really does show in the beautiful album we now have and memories from the day that we only dreamed of and would have no hesitation in recommending James to anyone.

Lara · Married on 07/03/2016

From the initial meeting, up unto our big day, Jim and Abby have been wonderful and professional. They have an amazing ability to blend into the background, while they captured each moment of our perfect day exactly as it happened. We are forever grateful as our memories will now last forever.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Jenny · Married on 06/03/2016

Wow! We LOVE our pictures. So many great shots! I think the three of us have mastered the dip pose! Lol!  Seriously, so wonderful we love the pictures so much!! You guys were incredible and we loved working with you! I can't stop looking through the albums, don't even know where to start picking out my favorites!! Please thank Abby for us!!

Jessica · Married on 05/28/2016

I can not express how happy I was with Our Dream Photos team! They are really professional, creative and a unique team to work with. Thank you for all your hard work on our incredible photos and for making our wedding day so memorable.

Sent on 10/21/2016

Julie · Married on 04/17/2016

After getting engaged in November 13 we set about planning our wedding and with a venue we liked available on July 9 things started to coming together pretty quickly. Stumbling across some reviews on The Knot, my now hubby came across Jim. All the reviews were very positive of both Jim and his team and after checking out his website we made contact and were delighted that he was able to fit us in. Neither of us are particularly natural in front of the camera but the engagement shoot was a great opportunity to become a bit more relaxed about everything and to understand how it would all come together on the big day, which made things much smoother in the end. On the day Jim blended into the background capturing all the important parts of the day in a very un-intrusive way which gave us a lot of great, natural, photos that really reflect the moments of the day. Simply put Jim was great and his style of photographing is awesome. We couldn't be happier with our wedding album and would highly recommend him in the future. Thanks Jim!.

Nicole · Married on 04/16/2016

We found Jim online, we liked his style of photos and we just got a good feeling from his website. We wanted a photographer who would blend in and not control our day. Jim was perfect. The engagement shoot was a great way to settle in to having our photos taken and we instantly felt at ease with Jim. The day of, his assistant was wonderful in helping get the girls ready while he was photographing the guys. All our guests said what a fun guy he was, it was like he was one of our guests. Thanks Jim for capturing our day so beautifully.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Kelly · Married on 09/19/2015

Thank you so so so much for such wonderful photos. They are the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen in my life. You and Abby captured everything and in such great detail. We loved having you as our photographer and we can’t describe how happy we are. Thank you so much.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Brittany · Married on 08/07/2015

Jim is simply AMAZING!  I am the mother of the bride and while I haven't looked thru all of the photos yet (there like a thousand!), I showed them to some of my friends today at a gathering and their mouths hung open.  They thought they belonged in Vogue!  Unfortunately for Jim, I am out of state so they will not be new customers for you.  BUT, I will be showing all of my Columbus friends as well. Thank you so much for the time and attention you gave our family.  We will cherish the photos forever!  Please pass on our thanks to Abby.  She was a real pleasure to work with at the house.

Sent on 10/06/2016

Brianna · Married on 06/20/2015

Love love love the pictures! Thank you so much! You and Abby were wonderful from start to finish. Perfect ending to a perfect day :-)

Sent on 10/05/2016

Danielle · Married on 06/06/2015

WOW!!! Jim is an amazing photographer - one of a kind! He did both our engagement photo shoot and our wedding and did such an awesome job! All our guests loved him! His service is above and beyond but not only that, he has a kind & true heart. He has helped us in every way. His photo ideas are just non-stop. You can definitely tell he loves what he does, it's a passion. His enthusiasm and professionalism are super - We would hire him again and again.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Brittany · Married on 08/16/2014

Jim from Our Dream Photos was extremely professional. I chose this studio because I wanted someone with exceptional talent and a creative eye. Also, my venue was The Ohio Statehouse, which has beautiful architecture that I wanted to be highlighted in the photos. Jim accomplished all of this and produced wonderful wedding photos. The price for a fantastic photographer is worth it. My husband and I couldn't be happier with the results!

Sent on 10/23/2014

kacy · Married on 07/13/2014

James is a wonderful photographer as you can already see. What you can not see if he is a wonderful man to work with. He was always very professional from the first time we met with him at Panera until (well we are not finished yet with our album) the receiving of the wedding pictures. He made sure we got all of the pictures we wanted. His daughter, Abby also photographs with him. She is amazing as well! If it was not for her support and smile i might not have made it down the isle on my wedding day! i was so nervous and she stood up there with her until it was my time to walk down! They are just lovely people, very professional. You will not regret working with them on your wedding day, I promise!!

Cindy · Married on 07/06/2014

Is it possible to give 10 stars? We were beyond satisfied with the service and product produced by this company. We hired Jim to photograph our wedding and he truly made it stress free. Wonderful photos!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Angie · Married on 06/08/2014

Our Dream Photos was a pleasure to work with. They respond to emails promptly. They were familiar with all the places to shoot at around Columbus and made sure we took a variety of shots to have a mix of traditional and interesting photos from our engagement session. They was more than happy to spend more time to ensure we had all the photos we wanted. Fantastic, all in all.

Lisa · Married on 05/18/2014

Would highly recommend!! Very creative and so easy to work with

Sent on 10/15/2014

Emily · Married on 05/18/2014

Jim was so professional and easy to work with. I had a pretty terrible experience with a photographer for our engagement pictures in Jacksonville where my husband is from. I called Jim afterwards and he fixed the whole situation, even though it wasn't his to fix! He redid our engagement pictures for us and then went on to take GORGEOUS wedding pictures. Very professional. Would recomend to anyone.

Sent on 11/21/2014

Taryn · Married on 05/11/2014

I was trying to plan a wedding in 6 months and working with Jim from Our Dream Photos was such an easy and seamless process. We met up with Jim before the wedding and he took time to understand our wedding needs as well as our personal styles. He captured lots of beautiful, candid moments at our July wedding. Jim was so accommodating and shot photos in four locations on the wedding day (first look at our house, wedding party photos in the Short North, the wedding venue, and sunset photos at a nearby neighborhood). I definitely recommend Our Dream Photos for any of your photography needs (engagement, wedding, family, etc).

Sent on 10/09/2014

Nicole · Married on 02/15/2014

"It was my fiancé who first found Jim....but after talking with Jim long distance (we live across the country from where we were getting married) I felt that our photo needs would be well met. Jim was considerate of the intended atmosphere of the wedding - we wanted it to be a fun day with family and friends and very simple.
    We met with Jim and Abby the day before at the venue and I loved that he had already scouted out places for us to have pictures dine - this meeting was full of laughter and I knew were were going to have fun together. Jim has a wonderful eye for taking pictures of things that could never have thought of - when we received our pictures - we loved all the little details - from the program tucked into the back of a chair cover to our rings on a local newspaper showing the date. So neat! He captured many moments that I didn't even know happened and provided documentation of a wonderful day that we can revisit again and again! Many thanks to Jim and Abby for taking the stiffness out of formal photos!"

Sent on 11/05/2014

Emily · Married on 01/26/2014

When we started planning our wedding we asked all our married friends for advice on wedding planning and the one warning they all had was choosing the right photographer. Our first priority in planning became finding a reliable photographer. I asked a photographer friend of mine who doesn't do weddings who she would have do her wedding and Jim was her answer. From the start Jim kept in contact with us not just about photography, but also in the other aspects of our wedding planning making sure everything was coming together. On the day of the wedding he arrived early and was already capturing images along with his assistant. Jim blended into the background of the wedding and managed to get the most incredible photos without being in the way. After our wedding Jim sent teasers while we were on our honeymoon. While he was not the cheapest wedding photographer, after seeing the final images we felt like he was worth every dollar we paid!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Jane · Married on 10/13/2013

My fiancé and I are so glad we chose Jim as our photographer for both our engagement and wedding. Jim was very courteous and took the time to make sure we got what we needed. On the day of our wedding he and his assistant made us feel comfortable and confident. They gave us great directions and suggestions for poses and locations but they where also open to our own suggestions. Their photography style is very flattering and flawless. Jim worked hard to make sure our pictures were perfect. We are able to say all the great things he's done because we've seen some of the pictures. They are terrific! We can't wait to show them off to our family and friends. I highly recommend Jim for any type of photography because he is so good and talented at what he does. My fiancé and I feel so thankful to have found Jim

Sent on 10/14/2014

Carly · Married on 06/22/2013

Jim and his team are amazing! We chose him for our wedding and we were lucky to have found such an incredible photographer. We knew the memories of our wedding were once in a lifetime and we wanted to capture them on our special day, and Jim and his daughter helped make it very special. the vision and art of his pictures were awesome - things I would never have thought of. We are beyond pleased with his talent, professionalism, and his responsiveness to the emails I sent to him. Jim is the ideal photographer and the man you need for all your photography needs.

Sent on 10/10/2014

I am the mother of the groom (my second son to get married) so I really didn't have much of a say with the choice of photographer - The brides family usually takes care of all the details like that. I am so glad they they chose Jim. He is one of the best I have ever seen - not only did he produce some of the best wedding pictures, he truly captured the feeling and the atmosphere of the wonderful day. Usually the grooms family is left out of so many things, but Jim went out of his way to include us in making sure we had photos of everyone from our side of the family. He and his daughter were incredibly nice, courteous and even fun!  He was unobtrusive but seemed to be everywhere. His formal photos were perfect and his candids made me laugh and cry.  We have a daughter in waiting - we will definitely be hiring Jim to shoot her wedding.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Sam · Married on 05/26/2013

This review is a little different than most on this site - I am the father of the bride and from my perspective, I cannot say enough good things about James DeCamp. Honestly everything for my daughters wedding was pretty much nothing but $$$$ to me - EVERYTHING was more expensive than than I had ever imagined, but as an ad rep with a great deal of knowledge in the photography field I knew that I wouldn't want to skimp when it came to giving my daughter the best photographer to capture images of her wedding day. While I was familiar with James's outstanding work in the editorial and commercial photography realm, I did not know that he was in the wedding photography business and was pleasantly surprised that after an extensive search my daughter had his name in a short list of five Columbus photographers. My daughter, son-in-law-to-be, wife and I interviewed all five (we actually called it 'The Grilling') and had one photographer literally dripping sweat at the end, but James came off the barbecue completely unscathed and we where hooked. James contacted us several times before the wedding day, giving us wonderful advice and ideas to be able to carve out time for great photos and full of ideas for extra locations to go to to get some of the more demanding photos that my daughter wanted to get. The day of the wedding went off without a hitch, in many way because of James' cool demeanor dispite a few last minute changes, and he easily adapted to the changing weather of the day that had turned nasty. The photos from the wedding where delivered right on time 6 weeks after the wedding and were absolutely amazing. Watching my wife and daughter cry with joy while looking through them made James worth every penny I had paid. James was definitely not the cheapest photographer we had looked at, but there is no question that he was the best. I would hire him again in an instant and would highly recommend him to anyone in need of any kind of photography.

Sent on 08/13/2013