Oscar and Dassi Reviews

9 | Apple Valley, CA

9 Reviews for Oscar and Dassi

• alexsutter

Alexandra S. · Married on 08/11/2020

Incredible Team of Photographers...

Who make you feel like friends! Where do I even start? Oscar and Dassi are the greatest. I found them as I was booking our first venue because they photographed it better than anyone else--even the preferred photographer from the venue! I knew if I was going to get married there, Oscar and Dassi would make us look fabulous. They even figured out a way to make our engagement session happen in YOSEMITE. Those pictures alone were a dream!!

However, like many other couples, pandemic/venue drama ensued and we canceled our large wedding and decided to elope. Oscar and Dassi were down for it! They were SO flexible and Dassi always reached out to check in and offer her help. It was such a relief to know that they were dedicated to making this special day happen--even if it looked a little different! We decided to go with our original dream of eloping in Mammoth. Dassi immediately began searching permitting info and reaching out to other photographers who had shot there before. Of course, in true 2020 fashion, our new date happened to be during Mammoth's first storm of the season! Like 20 degrees, horizontal snow, storm! Again, Oscar and Dassi rolled with it and gave us the most BEAUTIFUL WEDDING PHOTOS OF ALL TIME! My family, friends, and even random acquaintances were blown away. They are an incredible team who go above and beyond for their couples. It was comforting knowing I had them on my side during this chaos! They are seriously the dream team! :)

Sent on 12/28/2020

Nicole F. · Married on 11/02/2019

Hands Down THE BEST Photographers around!

I followed Oscar and Dassi for months before speaking with them and always was in awe of their images and what they were able to capture. I always was showing my fiancé and sharing if only they were closer they would be perfect! At the time I didn’t have anything in the works for our wedding or even know what it would even look like. One day I commented on one of their photos sharing that I wish they were close and shared that I love their work. It wasn’t much longer when they reached out and shared they would be on the East Coast and seeing if I would want to book something. I swear it was fate! I instantly responded and the elopement planning commenced. The location was about 5 hrs from where I live but that wasn’t even a concern because we were so excited to have this happen. I am such a planner and having someone else do the footwork and do the research on vendors was not something that I would be used to but putting the trust in Oscar and Dassi was the best move I could have made. Not only are they SUPER AMAZING individuals they are so detailed oriented and really take your wants and needs into consideration. The vendors that they chose were great and really made it a point to make sure that our day was perfect. Any concern that I had I was instantly put at ease by the two of them, they really had everything under control. We had so much fun throughout the elopement, the photo adventure after and all the way down to hanging out when it was all over. It felt as though we knew them forever. I HIGHLY recommend Oscar and Dassi to anyone that is looking for quality photographs taken by an amazingly friendly bad ass couple who are beautiful people both inside and out! I currently have the photos that were taken all over my house and every day they make me smile and I am so thankful for having them truly capture all the feelings and emotions of that special day. If I had to change anything it would be to have them stay longer because they were so much fun!! If I am ever on the West Coast I am definitely going to have to reach out to them for another shoot!!

Sent on 06/17/2020
  • Shannon

Shannon O. · Married on 10/20/2019

My Dream Tram

Meeting with Oscar and Dassi was a dream come true! I am personally the anti-bride and my groom is very laid back. We really had no clue as to what direction to take with photos for the engagement or wedding. They both came in and guided us in a direction that we are comfortable with. They also made us immediately feel at ease and excited about the process that originally had been overwhelming. I am so excited to work with them for two very important photo shoots for my family.

Sent on 05/02/2019

Rachel C. · Married on 05/10/2019

Amazing Wedding Photographers!

Oscar and Dassi were incredible. Dassi was very proactive in answering any questions I had leading up to my wedding, and she really treats you like a close friend. She is very open and honest about her process, and how they work. All I had to do was tell them what time to show up, and they took the reins from there. Oscar went with the boys and Dassi shot the girls before the ceremony. It couldn't have gone more smoothly. They got just about every moment of our special day, and there is nothing we would have changed. They made us laugh, and we had fun. We received sneak peeks pretty quickly, then we couldn't wait to see the rest. Going through our wedding album made us feel like we was reliving our special day, and that's when you know you chose the right photographers. I'd also like to add that their price point was very fair, especially for a team of photographers. Worth every penny.

Sent on 06/22/2020
  • Rebekah

Rebekah · Married on 01/26/2019

Oscar + Dassi = A Dream Come True

Oscar + Dassi were so lovely to work with. I am NOT a planner whatsoever, and they did not make me subconscious, but made me feel instantly comfortable the entire process. They were especially helpful with figuring out the timeline for the day (seriously clueless bride right here).

On the day of the wedding, if I could use one word to describe Oscar + Dassi it would be FUN. They clearly love what they do and love their couples. There was so much laughter, it was a blast.

Our experience was just a bonus, however, because their photos speak for themselves. Seriously gorgeous. I wanted to make sure we found photographers that knew how to light/edit POCs well, and I was not disappointed. We absolutely ADORE how they turned out! In 50 years I’ll still be obsessed with the photos.

My favorite part of the day though was watching them when they thought no one was looking. They are clearly so in love and were stealing glances at each other, laughing, flirting and genuinely having a delightful time together the entire time. It added to the over atmosphere of the day.

Oscar + Dassi are a unicorn photography duo. We would hire them again in a heartbeat. What are you waiting for? Hurry up and book them!

Sent on 06/18/2020
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 12/01/2018

Seriously look no further. Oscar and Dassi are the best.

Oscar and Dassi are the best out there. We hired Oscar and Dassi to do both our wedding and engagement session and it was the best decision I ever made. They made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and both me and my husband are definitely camera shy. My photos are the best thing about my entire wedding day and I am go glad we chose Oscar and Dassi.

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Ailee

Ailee · Married on 10/29/2018

Lake Tahoe Elopement

In the midst of starting to plan a wedding, I immediately felt overwhelmed and wanted to do something small and intimate. I saw an instagram contest for an "elopment giveway" from 2 amazing photographers (@oscaranddassi) and thought, why not, and entered us... WE WON, and I was so ecstatic! And I was even more ecstatic on our wedding day, getting to meet them in person, and then AGAIN when we got our first sneak peeks, and then AGAIN when we got to view our wedding album! They are masters at their craft, making you feel comfortable to be yourself; I was as awkward as they come, overly smiley and giddy that day, and they managed to catch the most beautiful photos. I love this photographer dream team so much, I look forward to working with them again, hopefully in the near future. : ) 110% recommend!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Emily

Emily B. · Married on 05/19/2018

Absolutely Amazing!!!

Working with both of them was fun they were very helpful and there with a ear and a hug when needed when things go crazy during planning a wedding. Very down to earth and ready to roll with the punches lol. Not only did I feel very comfortable with them but they made sure everyone was. I love our wedding photos so much!! One thing that is very important to me is my grandmother which is no longer with us I have sooo many pictures with her smiling so big with my family ones with me and her and ones as a generation picture I will always cherish. I am so very thankful they capture those moments. We will definitely use them again and again as we grow our family to capture all of our families moments.

Sent on 08/21/2020

Ashley T. · Married on 10/22/2017

Photographer power couple extraordinaire!

Oscar and Dassi are the most amazing photographers a bride could ask for! They are incredibly sweet, humble, down to earth, and all around GOOD people. My husband and I have been blessed to work with them several times since we met them 3 years ago. They have photographed the most special times of our lives: engagement, wedding, maternity, as well as the first pictures we took as a family after having our baby girl. They make you feel so confident and comfortable to be your true self in front if the camera, and that is so incredibly important if you want genuinely good photos. Dassi is a great director, coming through with the ideas, poses, and hair fixing! She even jumps in there to snap some photos and gets great behind the scenes! Oscar and my husband clicked from the first time we met, which helped so much in making my husband comfortable and willing to do photos. Most women know how difficult at times it can be to have your man take pictures and have a photoshoot. Que the complaining haha, but not with Oscar and Dassi. Each time we have shot with them, it's literally like hanging out with friends! What more could you want from photographers?! We are so happy to see the growth and achievements of Oscar and Dassi over the last 3 years and we look forward to working with them for more of our family photos♡

Sent on 07/28/2020