Orlando Science Center Reviews

Orlando Science Center 5
Orlando Science Center 6
Orlando Science Center 7

Josh · Married on 10/29/2016

Orlando Science Center provided a unique wedding experience that was fun, elegant, and affordable. Their staff ensured everything went smoothly, and their recommended vendors delivered on all fronts. The guests had a wonderful time. My wife and I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Kristie · Married on 04/22/2016

We had a wonderful time at our wedding. Our ceremony was lakefront, cocktail hour in the rotunda and reception in Dino Digs. The staff was very helpful every step of the way, very detailed and we greatly appreciated the prompt & effective communication. We had a small miscommunication the day of the wedding but overall we loved the venue. We would definitely recommend it for a unique venue!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Autumn · Married on 03/28/2014

My guests can't stop talking about how amazing our wedding was at the Science Center :) It was unique and fun and I owe a big part of that to the amazing events ladies!!
    Thank you SO MUCH for taking the bride's feelings into consideration (especially with the weather!) Everything turned out GREAT and you did such a great job being so flexible!

Thank you!

Sent on 04/16/2014

Arianna · Married on 10/07/2012

This was an awesome venue for the wedding!!! Honestly, the only complaint I have is that I was under the impression there would be someone their throughout the night to help out with direction and they were nowhere to be found during the reception. Aside from that, the venue is so cool and I'd definitely recommend it.

Sent on 12/14/2013

Melissa · Married on 10/29/2010

We had our ceremony across the street at the Mennello Museum and our reception on the terrace at the Science Center. We are so happy we chose the Orlando Science Center. Everyone raved about the natural beauty of the ceremony site and how cool the reception site was, overlooking downtown Orlando. We had a minor glitch with the power, but between the OSC team and my wedding planner, everything was taken care of. It ended up being a perfect day.

Sent on 11/13/2010

Michelle · Married on 05/31/2014

The Science Center is awesome. These people have their crap together and did such an amazing job helping everything run smoothly, from all of the planning through working with vendors, to making last minute calls based on the weather, to helping the event itself run smoothly. Helen, Danielle and Megan all deserve an award. They went above and beyond to make everything wonderful, even helping me with my bustle when I couldn't find my mom to do it for me. This venue dresses up beautifully for weddings and we got so many compliments on it from people saying it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to.
    We had our ceremony on the terrace, our cocktail hour in the Our Planet room and the reception in Dino Digs. We also got to use a few other areas around the venue for pictures and they provided not just a bridal suite but a room for all of the guys to get ready (which is something a lot of other venues over look and I thought was wonderful)

Sent on 06/01/2014

Jessica · Married on 12/01/2012

The Orlando Science Center is such a unique venue that our guests kept raving about. It's fun and unexpected, and the photos of the space really don't do it justice. You really need to see the space in person. We had our ceremony and cocktail hour on the terrace and our reception in the Dino Digs room, which worked out great. Our wedding coordinator, Danielle, was amazing. She was incredibly professional, stayed on top of all of our vendors and really went above and beyond in keeping everything organized and ensuring everything ran smoothly. We did not hire a wedding planner and definitely did not need one with Danielle running point on everything. The Science Center has tons of options for different locations to hold different parts of your wedding. The only part that is not as flexible is the time of your events, since you have to wait until after the Science Center is closed to hold a wedding in the building. Our ceremony was at 6 p.m. on the terrace and it was the perfect lighting for the ceremony. The sun was setting and everything looked gorgeous. In the very beginning of the booking process, there was some communication issues because they were not booking weddings because they were waiting to hear back on some exhibit details. We ended up having to wait a little longer than we would have liked to book, but once those details were finalized, the responsiveness issues were resolved. Once Danielle was assigned to our wedding, there was plenty of contact and she was always quick to answer our numerous questions. Our wedding was perfect, and we're so excited we decided to have it at the Science Center.

Sent on 12/16/2012

Lauren · Married on 09/24/2011

3.5

We had our wedding at the Orlando Science Center's SunTrust Terrace (ceremony) and Dino Digs room (reception). The place looked beautiful. They're both fantastic spots for weddings. Working with the science center was fine. There were some communication issues, but that was mostly because the girl I was working with left prior to my wedding. Otherwise, they did a great job and we were beyond happy with them.

Sent on 01/09/2012

Emily · Married on 03/20/2018

We absolutely loved having our wedding at the Orlando science Center! The lakefront where we had our ceremony was amazing for pictures with ancient oak trees and a perfect setting for the ceremony. Everyone had so much fun in the our planets room for cocktail hour and in the Dino digs for the reception (and they us on the terrace for amazing sunset pictures). Both adults and kids loved exploring all the exhibits. Many people were surprised when they heard we were having a wedding in the Orlando science Center, but they do a lot of events and they know how to make everything run smoothly. Our day-of event coordinator was great at making sure all the details fell into place and made things easier for us since we were planning from out of town. My one wish would have been to have a larger dance floor but I don’t know if it would have fit in the space (and possibly my parents requested the small one). You will not regret having your wedding at OSC, it was a one-of-a-kind experience!

Sent on 04/09/2018

Mallory · Married on 08/20/2017

3.5

The science center was a great venue, especially for us. It was perfectly accommodating to our desires for having a nerdy video game themed wedding that was still a normal wedding. The only bad thing was the initial miscommunications about a few things like how many chairs were included (only 100 for both ceremony and reception, so free if you have 50 or less guests) and the costs for additional ones, and the annual passes. At our first meeting we were told that we get annual passes after the wedding for the couple, but afterwards it turned out that wasn't the case. For everything else the venue was amazing. We kept in contact every few weeks to keep each side updated, and they kept on me about certain things they had to know ahead of time like vendor information and such. They unintentionally kept me on a timeline that helped greatly when the wedding got closer. We were assigned to Phoebe, an intern who was only there on Tuesdays. She emailed us pretty much every Tuesday and we managed to get off work on one to go and meet her to go over everything in person. She was very organized, always knew what to do about everything, and led our rehearsal so we would know where we would be on the day of. One of our decoration boxes fell off a rack while it was moving and as soon as she knew she went hunting it down and calling everyone in the science center until it was found (within 20min). She got everything placed perfectly on the day of the wedding, helped give us ideas on a backup first look location (it was drizzling so we didn't want to go to the lakefront anymore), and took care of everything for us all night. On my way from the bridal suite to the ceremony I pointed out to her that the digital signs were slightly wrong (my first one was the wrong dimensions, so I had corrected it for her). By the time we left the ceremony it was the corrected sign, it was amazing. She also changed the globe in the our planet room for us 3 times for photos. Overall a great experience.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Marie · Married on 03/15/2011

The cememony was on the Terrance and it was beautiful, the weather was just perfect.
    We had the reception in Dino Digs, I loved the idea of being able to dance and dine with dinos.
    Everything just fit together perfectly.

Sent on 04/29/2011
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 04/08/2011

3.5

We used the 4th Level SunTrust Terrace for both our ceremony and reception. The 4th Level rotunda was where we had our photobooth, bar, welcome and gift tables set up. It was also where people hung out for our "cocktail time" prior to dinner. It was an April wedding, so it was a bit warm on the Terrace during the 5:30 ceremony, but it was perfect weather (even a bit of a breeze) for the reception. My guests loved the venue — its view and its metro/outdoors vibe. The Terrace is a blank slate, so a bride can pretty much do whatever they envision.

Events Manager, Helen, was capable and calming and confident she could make my ideas/vision work. They were very accommodating!

Sent on 04/26/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 03/30/2018

4.2
      3.5

The Orlando Science Center is a beautiful, unique wedding venue to host a one-of-a-kind wedding. My wedding ceremony was outsid by Lake Formosa and the reception was in Dino Digs—I love that by working through the science center, I was able to have the outdoor wedding of my dreams, while still knowing that we had a backup option inside if it had rained.

The events team at the OSC are all so kind and helpful. The signing of the contract and the initial coordination was handled by the head of the department, Helen, and then we were passed off to Megan and Tori for the coordination. I will say this was a bit complicated and there would be times where we would have to coordinate with Megan and Tori would be left out of the loop, or visa versa, which resulted in one or two “miss”es during the night of the wedding.

That being said, if I was going to be married at the OSC again, I would make sure to have a long, focused discussion about the temperature in the Dino Digs room. We requested that the temperature be turned down before the event in the founders room, assuming that the rest of the area would be an appropriate temperature, but the evening of the wedding we found the reception area to be way too hot. I had multiple guests come up to me and comment on it, and a few of the elderly guests had to leave early because of it. Worst of all, I became so overheated that I got sick, and wasn’t able to return to Dino Digs for most of my reception. Once we arrived to the room, we immediately knew it was too hot, and Tori said that she spoke to the building manager, but the room was too big for it to make a noticeable impact by the end of the night. We only had 130 people at our wedding, so it wasn’t only caused by the body heat—it really was the venue itself that was too hot.

Overall, this is a great venue, with kind, hard working people that want to make sure you have the wedding of your dreams. If i went back in

Sent on 05/09/2018

3.5

As soon as my fiance walked into the room with the t-rex skeleton and they said we could have the reception in there, there was nowhere else to look! Guests loved dining and dancing with the dinos! They even had a area across the street for my dream ceremony- under a 300 year old oak tree! They are very open and flexible to locations for each part of your wedding. We had the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all within walking distance. We did run into some issues when it came to booking. There was a contract hold for a while due to a upcoming exhibit. We held out and ended up with the venue though. It got a little stressful as our date got nearer and couldn't book it. Also the week before our wedding, the coordinator that we were working with went on vacation and didn't tell us! The head coordinator stepped in and all was fine. Very accommodating as a hurricane rolled in a few days before. It was all worth it for the perfect venue.

Sent on 11/17/2012

Stephanie · Married on 09/22/2018

LOVED this venue for the uniqueness. And it was so wonderful having the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception in the same place. There was some turnover on the team that made things pretty stressful toward the end, but they came through ok. The favors and place cards were not set properly, which caused some confusion with seating assignments. And even though we sent photos of the centerpiece set up and asked them to make us aware if any of the centerpieces had been damaged during setup, they never mentioned any damage, and yet our professional photos came back and at least 5 of the 15 centerpieces had been damaged. It would have been a quick fix for each one, but nobody made us aware to give us a chance to fix it before our Guests saw them like that. Nothing earth shattering, but just things I wish we could do over.

Sent on 10/14/2018
    Orlando Science Center 8
    Orlando Science Center 9
    Orlando Science Center 10
    Orlando Science Center 11
    Orlando Science Center 12

We wanted something a little more unique than your average wedding location, and the OSC checked all the boxes for us. There are a few restrictions I wish weren't in place, but you can't have it all. The venue comes with an event coordinator who assists with managing your vendor set-up/breakdown who has been pretty helpful so far. Can't wait for October!

Sent on 01/14/2016

Orlando Science Center's reply:

We are looking forward to your celebration in October as well! We try to be as flexible as possible. I'd suggest sending an email about what you are looking to do. We don't want you to feel restricted at all.

3.6
      2.5
      2.5

The team at the OSC worked hard to make sure everything went perfect.

Sent on 04/18/2016

Kelley · Married on 08/19/2018

3.2
      3.0

The venue is beautiful and a great place for a wedding and reception, however the staff we had assigned for our son's wedding was lacking in experience. I don't think they had ever done a wedding on their own. We didn't rehearse anything at rehearsal except where the wedding party should stand. The ushers, parents and grandparents had to figure it out on their own. There weer no instructions to the guests when they arrived. The cocktail hour and reception went very well, and the two young ladies were very helpful getting everything down to the cars and loaded when it was over. If they are going to coordinate a wedding, they need a little more training on traditions, trends etc. or you will need a bride and mothers that have been in or to a lot of weddings and know what they want. We had a great time, and the photos are gorgeous, but we had to do a lot of things a wedding coordinator should have done.

Sent on 08/29/2018