Orlando Science Center Reviews

Orlando Science Center 5
Orlando Science Center 6
Orlando Science Center 7

Ashley · Married on 11/08/2013

The event staff at the Orlando Science Center was absolutely wonderful to work with! As soon as we set a date, they assigned us with our wedding coordinator...Caroline! Caroline was so helpful from beginning to end. We didn't have to worry about a single thing day of except show up and have the time of our lives!! Our guests LOVED the venue! We had our ceremony across the street at the Mennello Museum, cocktail hour in Dino Digs, and reception on the rooftop terrace. Everything ran so smoothly thanks to the event team! The entire day was perfection and I would HIGHLY recommend the Orlando Science Center for any occasion!!

Sent on 12/08/2013

Sara · Married on 10/26/2013

The Orlando Science Center was a fantastic venue for our ceremony and reception. We did everything on the terrace. The OSC team was great to work with. They work with each other as well so I thought there was excellent communication across the board. I chose OSC partly because of their flexibility with alcohol. It was a big savings. Coordinating our wedding was easy with their on site team. I dropped off everything the day of our rehearsal and they put it together perfectly on the day of the wedding. All I had to do on the day of was show up. The coordinator worked with our DJ to keep us on schedule and informed of what came next. Our guests really enjoyed the venue and it truly was memorable for everyone.

Sent on 11/03/2013

The Orlando Science Center was a wonderful location. I didn't have to worry about anything! As soon as I contacted them ten months before my wedding that assigned a coordinator to me, and she led me through the first steps and then as the months got closer they contacted me again to verify information. As it got really close, I must have emailed them a few times a day and each time I received an email back that answered my questions. The week of the wedding they called to check on me and make sure there wasn't anything I needed from them. The day of my wedding everything was perfect and the coordinators were there the whole night to ensure that it was. I highly recommend this place, the ceremony site was gorgeous and the reception on the terrace was breathtaking.

Sent on 11/17/2013

Priscilla · Married on 10/18/2013

I am so in love with The Orlando Science Center as a wedding venue!!! My wedding was 10/18/13 and had my ceremony lakeside, cocktail hour in the plant room and reception on the 4th floor terrace. It literally was a dream come true! The most unique gorgeous wedding experience. The events team were ALL so helpful friendly and flexible. I don't know what I would have done without them! I am 100% satisfied with how everything came out at the Science Center and wish I can relive my special day!!!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Erica · Married on 09/07/2013

My experience with the Orlando Science Center was amazing. From the planning phase to the execution, the staff was extremely helpful, courteous and professional. Danielle was our point of contact and she was always prompt and professional answering all of our questions and helping to execute our day flawlessly. We set our ceremony for Lakefront, but the rain drove us inside and our ceremony went extremely well despite the venue change last minute. She was there to make sure all of the details were taken care of so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I would highly recommend this venue as many of my guests say that it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever attended.

Sent on 09/15/2013

Catherine · Married on 09/04/2013

Our experience at the Orlando Science Center as a venue for our wedding reception was amazing! The level of service provided by the staff was great and personalized! Our day of wedding planner, provided by the OSC, was Gia Allmond, and I just want to thank her for taking care of the fine details, leaving me to just worry about myself. Gia Allmond went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect! Thank you Gia Allmond and a BIG thank you to the Orlando Science Center, for a PERFECTLY AMAZING wedding reception filled with wonderful memories!

Sent on 09/06/2013

My husband and I are so pleased with the quality of service we received from the Science Center!! Our reception was in the Dino Digs area. We got so many compliments on how unique and wonderful the event was.

The whole events team at OSC is awesome. They guide you step by step through the whole planning process. Everyone is so responsive to e-mails and calls. They also had great vendor recommendations. They also contacted our chosen vendors directly so we didn't have to worry about coordinating everybody on the big day. I felt like they took care of everything!

I would highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a unique and memorable event!!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Kara · Married on 06/23/2013

We had the best wedding ever at the Orlando Science Center. Danielle and Caroline were so incredible throughout the entire experience. We had our food catered by Puff n Stuff, and they work with the Science Center flawlessly. Everyone who attended out wedding raved about it for weeks. People even said it was the best they'd ever attended. We were scheduled to have our ceremony at the lakefront, but due to the weather, we ended up having it in the lobby. It still turned out beautifully! We had our reception in the Dino Digs, which was just so incredible. It's such a unique, affordable venue. I can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 09/04/2013

Helen and Danielle are great! The team at OSC handles everything for you! The communicate with your vendors, have detailed "rain back up plans" and keep the event running smoothly. Our ceremony was under the tree across the street and the reception on the Suntrust terrace. We could not have asked for a better location to celebrate.
    The weather cooperated....we were beyond thrilled with the outcome

Sent on 06/25/2013

Erin · Married on 02/01/2013

The event staff is so friend and so helpful. They were great. What a great team!

Sent on 03/15/2013
  • W

Whitney · Married on 11/09/2012

The Science Center is an amazing place to have a wedding. The outside terrace and Dino Digs provide a unique atmosphere your guest will never forget it. The wedding coordinators are on top of every detail and help to organize all your vendors. I know that without their help I would have missed some important elements.

Sent on 03/13/2013

Mery · Married on 10/20/2012

Danielle and the folks at the OSC were very easy to work with, and excited about our wedding. We wish we had taken more advantage of their help, honestly. The room and terrace were excellent locations and helped provide a wonderful setting for our wedding. For non-traditional or geeky weddings, we would highly recommend the OSC. We wish we had opted for a bit more time for the reception though.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Shannon · Married on 05/26/2012

The event staff at the Orlando Science Center were such a pleasure to work with. They took away all my planning stress and put on one truly amazing night! Our wedding was perfect and everything went off without a hitch. They took care of all the decorating and cleanup (who wants to clean after their wedding?......not this chick), and coordinated everything with all of our vendors. It was awesome. All I really had to do was send them a list of our vendors contact info and it was all taken care of! Another awesome aspect about the Science Center was the location. Our cermony was on the 4th floor terrace that overlooked downtown, and our reception was in the Dino Digs room. Our wedding was the talk of the town, everyone had a blast and couldn't get over the fact that they partied it up with Dinos! If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. It was the best night of our lives and the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 08/23/2012
  • Erin Watson McKeeby

Erin · Married on 04/15/2012

The event team was outstanding! Helen and her team went above and beyond to answer every question, from the big important items and tiny details, and to ensure that we were happy with everything. They were gracious and flexible in allowing us to visit the event site multiple times, and accommodating our set-up needs for the day of our wedding. If I could do it all over again, I'd go with the OSC 100 times over :) Thank you for everything you did to make our wedding planning and big day perfect!

Sent on 05/14/2012

Sandra · Married on 12/10/2011

Our children were perfectly entertained here before, and during our wedding, and the dino room was a great place for our reception!

Sent on 03/18/2013

Kelley · Married on 06/24/2011

I absolutely loved the science center. They were extremely accomodating. I asked a million questions and they responded quickly and never seem to be annoyed by me. The museum is an awesome place to hold any event. All of my guests loved the dinosaurs. Even though my roof top wedding was rained out, the lobby was beautiful with the rain, thunder, and lightning. Thanks for all your help :)

Sent on 07/16/2011

Suzanne · Married on 03/12/2010

The science center has a great team and my wedding was perfect!

Sent on 07/30/2010

Sarah · Married on 05/23/2009

They bent over backwards to help us make our wedding a truly special event. It has been over a year and people are still talking about out how it was the most unique and fun wedding they had ever been to... thanks to the wonderful people at the Orlando Science Center!

Sent on 08/03/2010

t · Married on 06/04/2017

We had a great time! Everyone loved playing with the toys in the Planet Room and the Dinosaur room was so much fun! Junction 88 was the DJ and he was great and so helpful! The coordinators from OSC (Tori and Phoebe) went over and above to help solve problems with the caterer. The only drawbacks were we didn't call the inclement weather soon enough to flip it without backing up our photographers and designers in a major way. Also the caterer was not responsive to issues and the food didn't look that great. I would not choose Java Lava Catering again. Owner was not helpful and the salad looked gross! We had Cold Stone icecream instead of cake and it was a hit! Great venue! If you are having an outdoor wedding....don't!!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Belinda · Married on 09/19/2014

Never would have thought to get married at the science center but once we booked it everything came together. It was so amazing from every thing about it. The staff was amazing. Helen and danielle help every step of the way. If your looking for a funky and different awsome location for your wedding this is it!!!!!

Sent on 09/25/2014

I had my wedding ceremony downstairs lakefront at the museum. So it was a typical traditional ceramony and then surprised all my guest with a reception in the Dinosaur room inside the science center. My guest and I loved it. It was such a unique and beutiful setting and it made for some great pictures.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Alexa Bevan · Married on 03/17/2019

Excellent choice for unorthodox couples

We had a wonderful experience with the Orlando Science Center and we could not have picked a better venue! At a mid-range price point, they include a day-of coordinator, event space, tables, chairs, and excellent communication. All emails and calls sent to the events department were handled swiftly and professionally. We were able to visit the location during normal business hours to see the exhibits (in order to plan our layout and see the space in person) and our tickets were comped. Our coordinator handled almost all communication with our other vendors in the weeks before the wedding to handle the logistics on their end (ex: where the DJ could find outlets, how the caterer should arrive, etc.), which was a HUGE sigh of relief for us. We had a few hiccups on the day of (the wrong sign was put up for a different couple), but once we called attention to them, they were handled quickly and without issue. Ultimately, the venue was beautiful, fun for guests, and makes the whole process easier!

Sent on 04/01/2019
    Orlando Science Center 8

Abigail · Married on 02/10/2018

Just had my wedding there last weekend (2/10/18) and it was the perfect venue! I worked with Megan and Helen in the beginning then had Andrea as my day-of coordinator. Though a centerpiece or two was out of place, and the ceremony had everything set up very close together, everything else seemed perfect. Nice and efficient staff. My only word of advice would be to have a someone close to the wedding double check the ceremony and reception space for details. My wedding was about 160 and was one of the biggest they had accommodated. Over all, just a great experience and made my wedding so unique!

Sent on 02/13/2018
    Orlando Science Center 9

Lindsay · Married on 04/02/2017

The Orlando Science Center is a fantastic venue. They offer planning assistance leading up to the event, day of coordination and a weather back-up. You can't beat that! Plus, the variety of spaces is unique. We planned our event on the terrace but were moved into Dino Digs due to possible rain. The room literally transformed from a kids exploratory to an upscale atmosphere for our wedding. It made our decor look amazing and even gave our guests something special to take photos in front of – a giant T-Rex. Our guests were extremely impressed.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Carla · Married on 11/12/2016

The Orlando Science Center was the perfect venue for our wedding. It has a great mix of whimsy and elegance. We had our ceremony at the lakefront. The only complaint we had about this is that the Menello Museum decided to install huge new sculptures in this area about a month before our wedding, and to be honest we weren't really fans of the artwork. That said, we were able to work around them, and we had an amazing sunset on the day of our wedding. Our cocktail hour at Dino Digs was a huge hit with out guests, and our reception on the Suntrust Terrace was gorgeous. We didn't need any extra lighting at the reception, the market lights were gorgeous and provided plenty of light for our event. Having downtown Orlando as a backdrop to our wedding was amazing. We can't picture our wedding having taken place anywhere else, the Science Center is really a unique and special venue with a lot to offer.

Sent on 11/20/2016