Orlando Science Center Reviews

Orlando Science Center 5
Orlando Science Center 6
Orlando Science Center 7

Dickie · Married on 11/19/2016

Make the appointment, talk to the staff and when you have completed I promise you will book the venue! My daughters wedding was beautiful, the staff was beyond great and the venue is just wonderful.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Ashliegh · Married on 07/31/2016

Our wedding at The Orlando Science Center was absolutely perfect!! They were so helpful and took care of everything. Every moment was amazing and it is all because of the wonderful coordinators they have. The wedding was more beautiful than I could ever have imagined and the unique setting made it so much more fun for us and our guests!

Sent on 08/02/2016
  • Y

Yanira · Married on 05/28/2016

I highly recommend having your wedding at the Orlando Science Center! Cocktail hour in Dino digs was a hit but the perfect view and weather out on the terrace was way more beautiful than I could've ever imagined. The entire staff was so wonderful to work with! Just like every bride I was nervous at first but the more I realized how quick they all were with responding to all of my questions, I knew we were in good hands. They especially continued to make me feel comfortable the day of the wedding. Everything was perfect, a dream come true! Thank you!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Mirit · Married on 04/23/2016

What a great value for price. The staff was quick to respond to emails and phone calls. They helped me narrow down my color choices and their help setting up the venue made my wedding perfect. (And they had dinosaurs!) I cannot say enough how helpful the staff is. For the price you get covered parking, with a covered walkway, with an elevator. On site coordinator and tables and chairs. Plus, we had small children at the reception and were able to use some child booster seats! Sunday is slightly cheaper, which is what we ended up with, and the only downside is you have to have your reception/ ceremony after the museum closes, but other than that Megan and her team made my day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Connie · Married on 12/14/2015

I was first surprised by how affordable the venue was and how inclusive their packages were. The staff was attentive, able to answer all of my questions and kept excellent correspondence up to and during the big day. We had the ceremony in our planet and the earth was the most amazing backdrop for our first kiss, atrium for the cocktails and the dino digs was the best setting for dinner and dancing. Cannot recommend highly enough!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Drew · Married on 05/24/2015

The Orlando Science Center was our dream venue, and it turned out to be very much a dream come true for our wedding. We had our ceremony in Our Planet, Our Universe and our reception in Dino Digs, using the rotunda for our cocktail hour. These spaces were incredible and unique without being cheesy, and provided a memorable atmosphere that left our guests literally in awe. From a logistical side, having all covered parking garage parking and a beautiful glass walkway into the building was really nice for dealing with the Florida weather.

The staff at OSC are amazing. Kayla, Danielle and Helen were lightning fast with answering all of my questions and had great insight for the planning process. They provided me a list of recommended vendors that ended up being an incredible help -- every vendor I picked from the list was wonderful. Beyond that, they work effortlessly with the vendors to handle the logistics and communicate so well together. Even our rehearsal was fun, and the tone was always upbeat and positive.

The actual wedding day was incredible. They transformed the space quickly and efficiently from museum to wedding venue. The place dresses up extremely well! Kayla and her staff handled the logistics like the pros they are. During our cocktail hour, guests were able to go in and enjoy some of the hands-on exhibits, and it turned a time period usually reserved for boredom into something my guests genuinely enjoyed.

From our wedding sign in the the t-rex's mouth to the special touches we requested on each table, the venue felt entirely custom to us, but the staff ran the event with the experience of having kicked butt at a lot of previous weddings as well. I cannot recommend OSC enough for someone looking for a slightly offbeat but totally stunning venue.

Sent on 05/27/2015

Lori · Married on 04/17/2015

We had the most amazing wedding thanks to everyone at the science center. Getting married mid April, we ended up using the rain backup of the Our Planet room and the Dino Digs room. I am very happy we planned for the weather, everything went flawlessly.

I was really debating hiring a wedding planner for day of coordination, but it was completely unnecessary and I'm glad I saved the expense. They were quick to communicate, very accommodating, and dealt with my vendors directly. They made it easy, and come our wedding day, we got to sit back and enjoy!

Sent on 10/01/2016

We got married by the lakefront spot and it is absolutely breathtaking. The wedding went flawlessly and the staff was professional to work with. Every single phone call was returned promptly and every question answered. They really take the stress off of you for your wedding day and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding.

Sent on 04/14/2015

Megan · Married on 03/21/2015

First, I have to say that the Orlando Science Center staff is absolutely AMAZING! From the moment I reached out to get information until the day of the wedding, they have been quick to respond, routinely checked in to see how the planning was going and offered advice and tips along the way. The venue speaks for itself. We held our cocktail hour in the Our Planet room the out guests LOVED playing around with the exhibits! We held the reception out on the SunTrust Terrace and with the bulb lights strung above and a beautiful view of downtown Orlando, it was as if we were all transported to an incredible private and modern oasis. I could not recommend OSC enough to any bride searching for a venue! The events team made our day absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 04/17/2015

Kerry · Married on 03/15/2015

Our wedding planner was Kayla and she was absolutely amazing. We had our ceremony in my planet, the cocktail hour on the SunTrust Terrace, and our reception in Dino digs. The entire evening went so smoothly and the Science Center was absolutely amazing! Kayla made sure all of my decorations were put out just the way I wanted them and they looked beautiful. She was so helpful and kind and I would recommend the Science Center to anyone.

Sent on 03/17/2015

I can't thank the Event staff enough for helping us make our wedding day unforgettable. Our wedding was outside on the Terrace and it was beautiful and we had so many choices for taking photos. It was so nice working with everyone. They were super quick at responding to our emails, answering our questions, and listening to our requests. Super friendly and professional. Thank you so much Helen, Danielle, Megan, and Lexi!!!!!! We will absolutely recommend this venue to everyone! Fantastic :)

Sent on 03/15/2015

I have always dreamed of an outdoor wedding, and surprisingly The Science Center provides gorgeous options for an outdoor wedding. Due to a random Florida rain shower our reception had to be moved from the Terrace (which has a gorgeous view of Downtown Orlando) to The Dino Digs room. Our coordinator (provided by The Science Center, this person helps you throughout your entire planning process and coordinates all your vendors for you!) knew how important the ceremony was to me & how much I wanted it under The Mayor Tree. She absolutely made sure that I got the ceremony of my dreams, even though rain made it obnoxious to set up. Our ceremony was flawless & our guests stayed dry since it stopped raining just in time!
    Although we got the ceremony of our dreams, the rain changed our reception plans and moved it indoors. I was definitely not excited to be dancing with dinosaurs, but with the AMAZING vendors & Science Center staff, they made our reception the most incredible looking space I have ever seen. Everything was beautiful & I honestly ended up falling in love with the dinosaurs, my guests are saying it was the most beautiful/unique wedding they have ever seen. Dino's & Shabby Chic apparently work well together!
    I HIGHLY recommend booking your wedding with The Science Center. The staff truly cares about their couples & their number one goal is to ensure the couple is happy. I didn't feel an ounce of stress throughout the evening because I knew my wedding was in wonderful hands!

Sent on 03/11/2015

Casey · Married on 12/21/2014

We had our ceremony in the Our Planet room followed by our reception in the Dino Digs room. I have nothing but positive things to say about this venue. They were incredibly responsive with every question we had, were flexible with our requests and just generally fun to work with. I never got the feeling that they were trying to nickel and dime us and seemed to be genuinely excited about helping us make our day perfect. It was such a relief to have them coordinating with all of our other vendors and they set up everything perfectly the day of. They were wonderful making sure all of the events of the evening happened on time. If I had it to do all over again I would pick the Orlando Science Center every time.

Sent on 01/11/2015

Vatsana · Married on 11/22/2014

Our Wedding Reception was held in Dino Digs and it was PERFECT! The entire team of OSC was outstanding! From start to finish, they assisted in every possible way and helped us make our wedding an amazing and unforgettable event! Thank you to Helen, Danielle, Megan, and Stephanie for everything they did for us. And special thanks to the T-Rex and his friends for welcoming our guests. =)

Sent on 12/09/2014

I could not have been happier with my choice for my ceremony and reception venue. From the very beginning Danielle was quick to respond and answered all of my questions. The staff at OSC coordinated with all of my vendors and made sure everything was ready to go on the day of my wedding. Kayla was our day of coordinator and she was amazing! She was very organized and had control over everything that was happening. I couldn't have asked for a better person to make sure my wedding happened without any problems. The museum was transformed into a beautiful wedding. I would recommend the Orlando Science Center as a wedding site to anyone.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Sara · Married on 10/04/2014

I choose the Orlando Science Center as my wedding venue because it could accommodate an outdoor wedding, which I've always wanted, but also provide something different. I had the reception at the Dino Digs. The venue was everything promised and more. The staff was extremely helpful too. If I had questions, they were always quick to answer. They were good about working around my schedule for when I could visit or talk, as I was coordinating everything from a different city. As the days got closer, they contacted all my vendors and made sure everything was timed perfectly. Even on the day of the ceremony the staff exchanged numbers and contacts with the photographers and DJ to make sure timing was perfect for everything.

The Science Center was great to work with, a reasonable price, and something outside of the usual wedding venues. I would highly recommend them for anyone needing to have a unique party in Orlando.

Sent on 10/13/2014

Lindsay · Married on 08/10/2014

I just had my wedding ceremony and reception at the orlando science center on August 10,
    2014, and it was absolutely perfect!!!! Danielle and her events team are incredible, she answered all my questions right away, and even contacted all of my vendors to coordinate the day of schedule. They has the ceremony and reception space set up exactly as I requested. We had our ceremony out on the terrace at 6pm, which has a beautiful view of downtown orlando. They have an indoor option as well, but we got lucky with the weather! We had the entire 4th floor for the cocktail hour, and had the Dino digs room for the reception. The dinosaurs all lit up look amazing, and there is plenty of space for tables and dancing. All of the attractions like the hurricane simulator and the Dino noises are left on if requested, and my guests loved them! The only negative is that I wish we could have stayed longer!!! The latest you can have the space is 11pm. But I would highly recommend this space if you want a unique and fun wedding experience!!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Janet · Married on 08/03/2014

I cannot say enough about how wonderful the Orlando Science Center was for our wedding! My husband and I are both a bit quirky so having the ceremony in Our Planet (the whole world was at our wedding!) and reception in Dino Digs was the absolute most perfect thing we could ever have done. The setting was amazing, and so was the team at the OSC. Danielle was always extremely prompt in replying to my emails and accommodating. I felt like my wedding was important to everyone I spoke with and appreciated that greatly! All of my Guests have been talking about how amazing our wedding was, and that was due in large part to having the most fantastic venue I could imagine. If you want a distinctive wedding, BOOK THIS VENUE. You won’t regret it!

Sent on 08/11/2014

Carissa · Married on 06/22/2014

I loved having my wedding at OSC. We did our ceremony at the lake and reception in Dino Digs. I love dinosaurs and it was so neat to celebrate with them. Our guests kept complimenting on our unique venue. The girls at OSC were great whenever I emailed with any questions and responded promptly. Our wedding went super smoothly thanks to Danielle and Abigail.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Jonathan · Married on 06/11/2014

The Orlando Science Center is an ideal place to hold a wedding reception. The staff there are very professional and courteous. The entire venue looked amazing. It is very quaint inside and we absolutely loved that they can put a sign in the dinosaur mouth to announce us. We would definitely recommend this vendor to folks.

Sent on 06/16/2014

This place was FANTASTIC! They gave us a $1000 discount for booking in 2014 to have wedding in 2014 so heads up on that! We got the whole 4th floor for our money, and my god it was totally worth every penny. Not many people can say they went to a wedding reception with dinosaurs! Not only is the location incredible and fun, but the staff are just beyond amazing. They are kind and understanding people who respond almost instantly to your emails and remain in constant contact with you throughout your planning. They also provide tables and chairs and you can have a sign made for you to put in the TRex's mouth! Trust me, if you don't want a traditional wedding and you & your fiance love dinosaurs and planets and are a bit nerdy, this is the best place for you!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Brianne · Married on 06/06/2014

The events team at the Orlando Science Center are FABULOUS!! The moment we walked in to look at the venue, we knew it was the exact spot for our big day. And boy, did they deliver!! Our wedding turned out even more amazing and beautiful then we had ever imagined, and it was in big part to the lovely ladies down at the Science Center. A big Thank You to Helen, Danielle and Kayla- who were all so great to work with and always made time to answer and follow up with any questions or requests we had. Everyone should look into using this venue, you will not regret it!

Sent on 06/15/2014

Nicole · Married on 05/30/2014

We had our wedding reception at the Orlando Science Center on May 30,2014. The venue and wedding coordination team were absolutely amazing. The venue had the uniqueness we were looking for and provided us with plenty of tables and chairs in the cost. Also, provided was the help of the wedding coordinators. This team stayed in touch with us and were accommodating and helpful. The venue team will set up your reception décor. We had a lot of décor and very specific ideas of how we wanted the room to look. I can say the Science Center team went beyond my hopes and made the room look absolutely amazing. During the reception the team was very attentive and made sure everything ran smoothly. I would highly recommend this amazing venue!!!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Michal · Married on 05/14/2014

These guys should write the book on how to be a venue. Everyone that we worked with was friendly, flexible, knowledgable and professional. The space couldn't have been better from a functionality standpoint - so many options. Helen and her team were the perfect hosts for our event!

Sent on 05/19/2014

amanda · Married on 03/23/2014

This venue was very flexible and was to work with. I had my ceremony and reception on the 4th floor terrace. It was absolutely beautiful. Everyone at the Science center was very helpful. I would absolutely recommend them.

Sent on 03/27/2014