Orland Park Bakery Reviews

Orland Park Bakery 5
  • Natasha

Natasha · Married on 06/08/2019

Picture Perfect

They worked with me. They gave me exactly what I wanted

Sent on 04/04/2019

Nancy · Married on 06/11/2017

3.5

Beautiful job on our cake, looked exactly like the picture I brought in. Ordered a platter of cookies, they were tasty!
    No regrets going with Orland Park bakery!!

Sent on 06/29/2017

3.5

Orland Park Bakery was very easy to work with. The cake tasting experience was amazing and we were able to create our own cake and filling combinations. They also worked with us to ensure the cake stand that I wanted to use was going to hold the cake properly. Nora was very easy to work with and super helpful every step of the way!

Sent on 12/09/2015
  • O

M · Married on 10/16/2010

3.5

I ordered my wedding cake through Orland Bakery for my wedding. I was able to bring in a picture of what I wanted for my cake in and they replicated it. The cake tasting is just by their counter while numerous customers are flowing in and out of the store- which I think was an awful experience. The service is always so-so when you go in the store and inquire about a wedding cake. The cake was good not great, but for the value, it was well worth it. Another bakery quoted us over 1,000 for a 250 person cake for our wedding. Needless to say, the cake turned out good and everyone liked it.

Sent on 11/19/2010
  • Jaquiri

Jaquiri · Married on 09/21/2019

Great Experience

My husband and I went into this busy bakery for our consultation. We picked a appointment and was greeted and then seated. While we were waiting we were asked if we would like some water. Overall we sample flavors, toppings and designs and it was a pleasant experience.

Sent on 07/02/2019

Sophia · Married on 08/10/2013

3.5

I received my wedding cake from Orland Park Bakery. The cake was one of the best that I have had in a long time! At the tasting, I was able to pretty much experiment with all the different fillings and icings to create my special cake. The delivery of the cake was on time and efficient. Since my venue was in Orland Park, I didn’t not have to pay for the cake to be delivered. I highly recommend this bakery!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Jennifer · Married on 11/18/2017

3.5

The wedding cake that they made was perfect! It was exactly what we wanted, the only problem was that we ordered a sweets table and it was not delivered. Luckily the wedding coordinator at Riviera hunted someone down and got it delivered before the end of the night

Sent on 06/10/2012

Nicole · Married on 07/11/2008

3.5

The cake itself was fabulous, but they lost the design I had given them and had to go the day of the reception to give it to them again. The girl did apologize profusely. I would definitly use them again for another Atomic cake!

Sent on 07/19/2008

Melissa · Married on 06/23/2007

3.0

The cake itself tasted wonderful! I have used them for every occasion. The heat made some of the icing run, though.

Sent on 07/03/2008

Erin · Married on 01/12/2008

3.6
      3.0

For the most part the staff was friendly in all of the preparations. I was requesting a somewhat "non-traditional" cake (in shape and design) which one of the employees tried to suggest may not be visually appealing. Nevertheless, I stuck to my guns and our cake was a big hit! Everyone was talking about it. Their prices were reasonable compared with other bakeries in the area. The cake was absolutely delicious, perfectly decorated, and arrived on time. My family has used this bakery for various reasons for several years and they have never disappointed in taste, that's for sure!

Sent on 05/02/2008

Maureen · Married on 12/13/2015

2.5

Make sure that you stay in communication with your original contact. The professionalism for a Specialty Cake was average. The quality of the product has decreased since moving locations. As a general rule your contact shoulder be available for you especially right before your event. I was disappointed in the lack of personal attention provided by the Wedding Specialist.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Orland Park Bakery's reply:

Hi Maureen-

I am so very sorry that you feel this way. I try to be available for my customers any time, any day. I take pride in ensuring our customer's satisfaction. Unfortunately I did not meet your-or my own-expectations. Upon thorough review of the situation, I have already taken steps to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

I am aware that we met for two appointments. I did speak to you about my availability on the day you wanted to make your final payment. I recommended you ask for Marie if you came in after noon. I did speak with Marie later that day to confirm that everything went well during your meeting. She did not make me aware of any problems. In retrospect I should have called you that day to make sure everything went smoothly.

Again I sincerely apologize.

Nora

1.0

I was referred to this bakery for Our Wedding By several people, however this is my 1st time dealing with them. I did schedule a tasting, yet I had to wait for quite awhile before actually any tasting or discussing about the Wedding. I was surprised that I liked the cake, & it fit into my budget perfectly, so I went with them. Each time I would call or go in with updated information they could only find the one cake I was ordering, however I would have to explain each time that I was ordering 2 cakes for the Wedding. For some reason it had to be listed on 2 separate order forms, which I thought could be confusing myself. I was a little concerned because I wasn't assigned a specific person, whether visiting or on the phone I was informed that any of a certain group of people could assist with my questions ect. The last time I went in person to confirm, they still couldn't find 2 cakes. I requested a Mgr, who said she would staple them together so There would be no questions on the day of The Wedding. I thought this would solve everything, but it didn't.

I DID NOT GET MY WEDDING CAKES ON MY WEDDING DAY! That's correct they only brought the smaller one. My Wedding was on Sunday In the evening after they were already closed for the day, they will still make deliveries. As soon as we realized their error we proceeded to call there company & all we got was a voicemail that they were closed. I had to have somebody call a local grocery store to make a last minute run to get a cake large enough to feed all my guests. I specifically went with them since they make a certain specialty cake I had been looking all over for, and I was telling everyone how Awesome my cake was going to look that day & how well it matched my theme. By the time they returned our numerous messages several days later, nothing could make a difference. They offered to refund me the price of the1 cake, & to give me a free cake on our 1yr Anniversary. Do they not realize that doesn't change anything???

Sent on 11/16/2014

1.4
      1.5
      1.5
      3.0

I would not recommend this vendor. The cake tasted nothing like the one we tasted (you could taste chunks of sugar in the frosting and we went with them because they were recommended for their "light cakes")! We ordered just a small 2 tiered cut cake from them and after we agreed on the price of the cake for $132, they tagged on a "miscellaneous" fee of $153 because they had to set the cake on the birch slice we provided. This vendor was way overpriced for what we got.

Sent on 12/30/2015

Orland Park Bakery's reply:

I am sincerely sorry for your experience with Orland Park Bakery. I can assure you that we make all of our cakes, fillings and frostings in large batches. We would be unable to make different flavors for our cake consultations. As to the "chunks of sugar" I really have no idea how that would have happened unless a whole batch didn't get properly mixed. Although I've had no other complaints regarding this occurring. In regards to the charge for making your cake on your birch cake stand, this is a liability issue. We are taking responsibility for your cake stand. It also takes our decorators much longer to setup and decorate a cake on a custom cake stand. This is noted on your contract and was verbally explained during your appointment. I am sincerely sorry for any miscommunication that may have occurred.
    Nora

Meghan · Married on 01/02/2009

1.4
      0.5

I had experience with this bakery before the wedding, and that was what led us there. They were reknowned for their baked goods, and there is always a line if you go there on the weekends. Sadly, from the getgo, they were unfriendly and unhelpful. They do NOT offer tastings, or so they told us even though my husband, on the day before the wedding, went to drop off final payment and saw another couple tasting cakes and thanking them for allowing them to do so. We had to pick flavors on the fly, and they had us put down a deposit. They gave us no further information, and as our other wonderful vendors stayed in contact with us, I guess we figured they would contact us to let us know when we had to take the next step. When the wedding got closer, we started worrying, and we tried to be in contact with or actually go in to the bakery, and every time we tried, it was to no avail. The phone never got through to anyone, and they seemed to be closed an awful lot. They finally called a few weeks before the wedding and left a very unfriendly voicemail (which was not surprising given their lack of tact leading up to this call) saying that "since we didn't receive another payment, we're assuming you no longer need a cake." We were a bit frantic, because it was too late to go somewhere else at this point. Luckily my husband was able to call and make it right, and the cake did turn out very pretty, but not exactly what we had hoped for. I had mixed reviews of taste (I hate cake, so I didn't try it myself). Some said it was very dry and tasteless. Others said it was delicious. I wouldn't risk it.

Sent on 02/24/2009

1.0

It was the worst wedding cake ever. We ordered a specific cake and made sure they were able to make this specific one and they said yes and three days before the wedding it went down hill. The day of the wedding the flowers were not the color I asked and it was displeasing. When I called to ask what happened I was talked to so terribly and so unprofessional there! It's a shame

Sent on 09/26/2016

0.8
      0.5

I had my reception at Palos Country Club (awesome place) and they included a cake from Orland Bakery. Good thing I did not directly pay for my cake from them because I would be having a fit. I went to the cake tasting and completely planned out what I wanted more than a month before the big day and they told me that I had to give the information to my reception vendor and they would in turn give it back to them.. that didn't work. I had to go back to Orland Bakery 2 weeks before the wedding, which is crucial crunch time for tying up loose ends as far as planning goes.
    During cocktail hour, I was informed (while greeting 200+ guests) that my cake was not at the venue as planned and was not going to make it in time for our grand entry/cake cutting. There was nothing I could really do about it, so instead of panicking like some brides might have done, I just choose to ignore it and my vendor had a fake cake they were going to use to do a fake cutting for pictures. Apparently my real cake did get delivered TWO minutes before we were going to do the grand entry so we had to wait for them to set it up on our cake table (basically in front of all my seated guests that were waiting for us to come out).
    The cake itself was pretty enough, and tasted okay. Nothing super fancy- but then again I didn't want to pay for anything extra as the cake wasn't very important to me.

Sent on 09/17/2013