Orland Park Bakery Reviews

Orland Park Bakery 3
Orland Park Bakery 4
Orland Park Bakery 5

Michele · Married on 11/30/2013

Product was as expected, on time and reasonably priced.

Sent on 12/14/2013

Michelle · Married on 09/14/2013

Me and my husband (fiancé at the time), went for our cake tasting. I'm not big on cake, but my husband is. He picked out the flavors of cake and fillings. I thought some of the cakes we had tried were a little dry, but the price was very reasonable, and like I had said, I wasn't big on cake anyways. When I got to our reception hall and saw the cake, it was beautiful. After everyone had dinner and cake, I was going around table to table, and everyone was dying to know where the cake was from and kept telling me how delicious it was! I was so glad to hear the amount of people that enjoyed it. The only negative thing about Orland Park Bakery would have to be their communication. I called a week before my wedding to change the delivery time of the cake to the venue, and the day before my wedding I had called just to make sure that the time had changed. I was very aggravated it was not, but she said she would make sure that the cake would be delivered when I wanted. The cake was at the venue before I was, so everything turned out fine. I would recommend Orland Park Bakery based on all of my guests that loved it!

Sent on 09/29/2013

stephanie · Married on 05/30/2010

Our cake was included in our wedding package at our reception hall but the lady at our hall was giving us a hard time with what we wanted. When we called the bakery to see if what we wanted was possible they were very helpful in letting us know they can do what we wanted for no extra cost. We were able to use that information with the lady at our hall and was able to get exactally what we wanted! The cake was amazing! We were very happy how it turned out!

Sent on 10/01/2010
  • CrankyAngel2

Christina · Married on 09/19/2009

Orland Park Bakery had been referred to us by one of our bridesmaids who orders all of her family's birthday cakes through them. It was near the reception hall (Silver Lake Country Club) and actually offered free delivery due to its close proximity, which was an added bonus. I've never really done a cake testing prior to the one here, so I wasn't sure what to expect. They basically provided my (now) husband and I with a large plate filled with pieces of cake in different flavors, dollops of different types of fillings and dollops of different types of frosting. I will admit that after the cake tasting and placing our cake order, I was a little worried about how the cake would turn out. The only ding that I give them regarding responsiveness was due to the fact that they said they would call us with a reminder when the final payment was due and they didn't call us until the payment was past due. But they worked with us, so that we didn't have to make a special trip out there to pay it. On the day of the wedding, the cake looked absolutely perfect. When we cut and fed each other the cake during the cake cutting portion of the wedding, I couldn't believe how good it tasted!!! It was delicious! Even my (now) husband,who is not a big fan of sweets, raved about how good it tasted!!!! We had a lot of guests compliment us on the beauty and taste of the cake as well.

Sent on 10/13/2009

Dana · Married on 10/13/2007

best wedding cake ever!! the only thing was they could have more options of designs

Sent on 02/23/2008

Meghan · Married on 05/13/2016

They have great cakes and great service i would recommend this place to everyone

Sent on 12/07/2014

Orland Park Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review!

The staff was helpful, and the cake looked good and tasted great. Everything was exactly as promised. We ordered a cake meant to serve 133 people (with 150 guests); only the bottom two tiers were cut and served but there was plenty.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Orland Park Bakery's reply:

Thank you for the great review!
  • dream88

Lesley · Married on 10/02/2010

Orland Park Bakery is a great bakery. They may not have many exotic cake flavors but their cake is superb. Everyone at my wedding said the cake was amazing and very tasty. They outside of the cake was beautiful as well. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 07/18/2009

Orland Bakery has the best ATOMIC CAKE!!! We wanted to serve that so we got sheet cakes which was wonderful. We also had a three layer cake which my husband and I cut and then took home for the next day. Our favors were their sprinkle cookies!! Amazing!! Although don't try calling, they are always busy, just go in and order. :)

Sent on 01/27/2010

3.5

I am from Tinley Park and have driven by this bakery several times without going in but chose it based on reviews from other couples. Quality is fantastic as are options they give you for cake style and flavors. You can bring in an idea or use one of theirs, we did the latter. My only suggestion is that they have someone dedicated to wedding cakes. Once there for the tasting, we were lost in the shuffle and waited 30 minutes for someone from the back to talk to us. Great value though, and recommended for all occasions.

Sent on 09/02/2012

Brittany · Married on 08/06/2011

My cake was beautiful, but it was what I wanted exactly. They forgot to put the ribbon I brought them on it. The taste of the cake was amazing though and I hate cake.

Sent on 08/24/2011

tatum · Married on 11/20/2010

Even though the cake tasting was at the counter of the store, the cake was AMAZING. It tasted fantastic and all of our guests commented on how wonderful it looked. Orland Bakery also has the best prices around.

Sent on 12/04/2010
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/22/2010

The main thing to say about Orland Park Bakery is that they are by far the best value that I found...and I searched and searched! They were the only bakery I could find that could do a wedding cake for $2.00 a serving. Plus, the cake tasted great and looked beautiful. The only downfall was that they don't have any serving pieces for rent. I wanted to rent a silver cake stand, but they didn't offer that service or know of anywhere that did. I ended up finding a stand at Hall's Rentals in Niles, but it would have been nice if I could have had Orland Bakery take care of everything.

Sent on 06/24/2010

Liz · Married on 09/16/2017

Our cake turned out amazing! They worked with us to pick out everything we wanted. They are flexible in the type of cake and filling you can have in every layer of cake!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Kat · Married on 06/06/2015

We used Orland Park Bakery for our wedding in June 2015. The planning process was seamless, they're professionals and know what they're doing! My now-husband and I had a fun time picking out all the cake layer flavors and fillings! Deciding on a design was a harder decision, but on the day of our wedding the cake was stunning, and tasted fantastic!

Sent on 07/04/2015

Gina · Married on 07/13/2013

3.0

We used Orland Park Bakery for our wedding cake and sweet table. Everything that they prepared tasted wonderful and we received many compliments on the desserts.

My one complaint was the tasting. We stood at a counter and the young girl who "helped" us was not very helpful or responsive. Basic styles of cake were included in our package at Palos CC but the girl at the bakery kept trying to get us to spend more money on a more intricate cake that was not included.

However, all other interactions were wonderful so I guess it just takes one bad seed to give you a bad feeling. I wish I would have gotten her name and complained to a manager but it was the last thing on my mind during all the planning.

Sent on 08/03/2013
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 07/23/2011

We had to use this bakery through our vendor included in the package deal. It was a little far of a drive for the tasting and it is just a bunch of young high school students who are there for your tasting, at least for ours. So we didn't have a whole lot of help in picking out a design or other choices having to do with the cake. Otherwise the cake was delicious and looked amazing! We were very happy with it. We just recommend you go in with some pictures and more ideas of your own on what you are looking for in a cake!

Sent on 08/09/2011

Brittany · Married on 08/29/2009

The cake looked wonderful and arrived on time.

Sent on 02/01/2010

Dannielle · Married on 03/29/2008

I brought in a picture from a magazine of what I wanted and they were able to recreate it beautifully for a fraction of what other bakeries were going to charge. The cake and frosting were very good. I received many complements on not only the appearance of our cake, but the taste as well.

Sent on 05/10/2008

melissa · Married on 02/03/2007

very good cake, moist and made perfectly. people are very nice also.

Sent on 08/27/2008

3.0

My wedding cake looked great!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Maggie · Married on 12/13/2014

The cake was delivered on time and was delicious! Their pricing was extremely reasonable compared to other local bakeries. The only thing I would have liked is the frosting to have been ivory liked we discussed instead of white, but because of the lighting in our reception room I'm probably the only person who noticed. Otherwise, they were great to work with!

Sent on 01/02/2015

Heather · Married on 01/14/2012

This bakery was great! We wanted to have a specialty cake done and they did such a wonderful job and for a reasonable price too!

Sent on 01/31/2012

Kim · Married on 09/06/2008

3.0

Some of the ladies in the bakery cannot answer simple question...they needed to ask the head baker a lot of what I thought should be simple questions to answer. However, the cake was delicious!

Sent on 09/23/2008

Heather · Married on 09/10/2011

4.2
      3.0

The wedding cake was beautiful and tasted amazing! The only problem was a few days before the wedding, our reception coordinator called and said they did not know what the cake was supposed to look like. The girl who took our order did not write anything down and so days before the wedding I had to try and remember what it looked like.

Sent on 09/27/2011