Orchid Island Events Reviews

53 | Wilmington, NC

53 Reviews for Orchid Island Events

Christina · Married on 05/12/2018

Brittany and Alicia are absolutely amazing at everything they do! I couldn’t have asked for better people to be such an important part of my special day. They made all my dreams come true! ❤️

Sent on 05/14/2018

Ashley · Married on 09/16/2017

I seriously could not ask for more from Brittany and her team! I had no experience with coordinators prior to planning my wedding, and had no idea what to expect - but Brittany became so much more than a wedding vendor - I truly trusted her with my entire day! She was very flexible and stayed in contact throughout the entire process, making sure I was on track and giving me suggestions and/or assistance when I needed it. We had a slight scare with thinking that we would have a hurricane potentially impact our wedding, and Brittany stayed in contact and kept me calm and updated throughout the whole ordeal (thankfully, crisis averted, but we had a plan in case). I cannot recommend Brittany enough - I'm already having withdrawals! You and your most special day are in the perfect hands with her!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Orchid Island Events's reply:

We LOVED being a part of your day!! Thank you for your trust and let's get to planning that 1 yr vow renewal ;)

Mary · Married on 08/04/2017

The downside to the wedding was knowing we wouldn't get to see Brittany any more. Simply the best. Smart, funny, experienced, knowledgeable, caring, decisive, she's exactly what a wedding coordinator should be. So easy to work with!

Sent on 08/12/2017

Ashley · Married on 01/21/2017

What is there to say about Brittany and her team??? AMAZING from the first moment we spoke on the phone to the very last second of our wedding. I could gush about this incredible lady. Brittany made my wedding happen on a VERY short timeline, made it warm and intimate (exactly what we wanted), made it organized and smooth, made it PERFECT. And she had a lot to work around given my crazy work schedule, a fluctuating bridal party, my father's health issues, and so many other things. But she made it easy. She made it work. And most of all, she made it fun! And the best part of everything - I felt like I was working with my best friend!

Sent on 02/01/2017

Laurie · Married on 11/26/2016

Hiring Brittany Koontz of Orchid Island Events was the best investment we made in the early planning stages of my daughter's wedding. She was so responsive to every inquiry and guided us through all stages. We said many, many times we felt very lucky to have her. As Hurricane Matthew loomed for weeks, we ultimately made the agonizing decision to postpone the wedding. Her advice, kindness and professionalism during this was just amazing. She quickly booked a new date as well as contacted and re-booked vendors. We could not have had the amazing wedding we had without Brittany and her team of professionals.

Sent on 01/02/2017

Patrice · Married on 11/19/2016

Where do we start? Brittany and the Orchid Island Team exceeded our expectations! The bride lives in New York and the mother of the bride in Texas. Needless to say we needed someone who is knowledgeable with Wilmington vendors, organized, creative and has a good eye for detail. Brittany is ALL THIS with a positive, sweet and professional attitude as well! We had several events for our many out of town guests and Brittany guided us in decisions so that each event was unique and yet moved seamlessly from day to day. Our guests raved about the food, venue, floral decorations and music at each event. We have Brittany to thank for introducing us to each of these talented vendors.
    Without question, Brittany Koontz and Orchid Island Events is THE WEDDING PLANNER to choose for your Wilmington and coastal Carolina wedding. It was so much fun we want to do it all over again!!!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Danielle · Married on 10/22/2016

Brittany is amazing and I know our wedding wouldn't have been the same without her! I'm not very creative and I'm not great at translating my ideas into words but I told her the ideas I had and she nailed it! I honestly planned my entire wedding and couldn't imagine it in my head as beautiful as it turned out. She was so very helpful with every step along the way and I always looked forward to our meeting with her. I'll actually miss them!!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Chris · Married on 10/21/2016

Brittany and the Orchid island team were simply perfect. From start to finish, we knew we were in perfect hands. She turned all of our ideas into something much better than we anticipated. What we love about Brittany is her amazing quality to match our vision, exceed it, and keep our budget in check. It really helps that she understands aesthetics of all ranges. Her taste for design is simply awesome- especially when putting ours together! You can see all of her previous weddings were all extremely beautiful too. We couldn't imagine working with anyone better to coordinate our special day. Thanks to the OIE team!!

Sent on 11/19/2016

Orchid island was very attentive and put me at ease. The day of I had not a single worry in the world. I recommend orchid for any bride in need ??

Sent on 10/04/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/10/2016

Planning a Wilmington wedding from Raleigh was extremely overwhelming until I met Brittany and the Orchid Island girls. I felt completely at ease from our first meeting until the last dance. Brittany was always responsive to my questions and attentive throughout the year I spent planning the wedding from afar. Being that she is so connected with the Wilmington wedding scene made me feel comfortable with her suggestions for vendors. My wedding day was absolute perfection! You will not regret booking Orchid Island for your wedding. Orchid Island Events was the most precious investment I made for my wedding!

Sent on 09/25/2016

jessica · Married on 08/26/2016

Brittany and her team were so great to work with! I am so glad we used her as our wedding coordinator for our wedding at Wrightsville Manor. We were planning a wedding in NC from Chicago, and we hounded her with tons of emails and texts and she was always super helpful and responsive and went above and beyond. She is happy and energetic and so easy to work with. She recommended nearly all of our vendors and made everything go as seamlessly as possible. On the day of the wedding, her team was so efficient and they were always checking in with us to see if we needed anything (drinks, food, etc). Would 100% recommend Orchid Island Events to any bride! :) Thanks Brittany!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Karen · Married on 07/09/2016

Hiring Brittany Koontz with Orchid Island Events to be my daughter's "month of management" wedding coordinator was a great decision. Brittany was always accessible to both myself and my daughter and her fiancé by phone, text, email and in person. She was always there for us. Brittany and her team did a fantastic job. Everything was put into their hands, and there were no worries for us on the day of the wedding. And, as expected, everything went smoothly. Brittany has a great personality, is very efficient, and very easy to work with. And, as an added plus, she and her team can carry out a fast room flip! Thanks Brittany and Team for everything!!!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Brittany and her team are amazing! They truly went out of their way to talk with all of my vendors and make sure they were all on the same page! In the weeks leading up to the wedding, I truly didn't have to do anything. I didn't have to confirm anything with any of the vendors because Brittany and her team already took care of it. It really put me at ease. They also flipped the room (we had the ceremony and reception in the same room) in no time at all which was great because it was raining and we wanted to get the guests back into the hall quickly. They did this and it was GORGEOUS! So very grateful for Orchid Islands!! The very best around and I'm sure the easiest to work with!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Holly · Married on 06/18/2016

If you are looking for a Wedding Planner, I wouldn't look any further than Orchid Island Events. I can't even begin to describe how amazing Brittany and her team were. We clicked from our first meeting, and Brittany made herself available to answer any questions I had about the wedding planning process before she took over for the month of. Our wedding day could not have been more perfect, I truly cannot think of a single thing that I would change - It was my dream wedding!

Her design sense is spectacular, I supplied a few boxes of decorations and let Brittany do what she does best and was simply blown away. She utilized all my pieces in ways I couldn't even imagine, it was picture perfect. I could not have achieved my dream day without her. The day of, I had not a care in the world. So much of my stress was alleviated thanks to Orchid Island. Brittany and her assistants were always there to let me know what was happening next and I could actually enjoy my own wedding. It's been 6 months and our friends and family are still raving about the wedding. I would highly recommend Orchid Island Events, if I had to do it all over again I'd choose them every time!

Sent on 01/10/2017

jan · Married on 06/11/2016

At first I did not think we need a planner. Our venue required at least day of planner. We hired Brittany with OIE for the month of plus design. Brittany and her team were amazing! Her fee was the best money spent on wedding. I was not stressed over the wedding details. I knew she had taken care of everything and she had. My daughter's wedding was perfect. I would highly recommend Brittany and her Team!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Mo · Married on 05/13/2016

Brittany is absolutely amazing. Not only is she organized, knowledgeable, creative and supportive but her demeanor is always positive. Her personality is fantastic and makes the entire process so much easier.
    On the "day of" not only did she adjust cocktail hour seamlessly due to bad weather but she even took the time to sit and sew a brand new bustle on my gown after mine failed! She went above and beyond in so many ways. Her assistants are just as lovely and great to work with on the day.
    You will have a fantastic wedding if you choose Brittany and Orchid Island Events!

Morgan (and Jonathan) Adams

Sent on 05/23/2016

Lannin · Married on 10/17/2015

I can not say enough about how amazing Brittany and the Orchid Island girls are! From the start of our first meeting we clicked and she saw my vision in its entirety before I did. I had bits and pieces of what I wanted but couldn't put them together until I met with Brittany. She kept a great handle on my budget and kept me informed of each purchase and where we stood. She brought creativity and suggestions when needed. She advised on how to handle protocol on everything from family affairs to proper addressing of save-the-dates and invitations. She even helped us with ideas for our honeymoon and sweet touches to incorporate into our wedding to make our family and friends feel just as special and honored as we wanted them to feel. The wedding went off perfectly and Brittany and her team kept things rolling smooth. Michael and I had the best night ever celebrating our wedding and we know it would not have been as perfect of a day without Brittany. She became more than just our planner...she became family.

Sent on 01/28/2016

Orchid Island Events's reply:

Mike and Lannin,

Thank you for your kind words and I agree: we did become family! Planning your wedding was such a wonderful experience!
  • Lannin

Lannin · Married on 10/17/2015

OIE are the best in town. They helped me create and plan our perfect wedding and without their knowledge and help I never would have been able to say that our wedding was absolutely perfect! Brittany and her team were with us every step of the way and helped keep me on track and on budget and helped my blurry vision become a clear picture reality!

Sent on 03/10/2016

Amanda · Married on 08/22/2015

I cannot say enough for Brittany and the OIE team! Her deep knowledge of every vendor, venue, and detail made planning our wedding seamless. She recognized what was important to us and our priorities became hers. She encouraged us to make the wedding ours but had the ability to see and guide us in the areas where we needed some extra help/input. Brittany was always so quick to respond to any email, text or phone call. I know that wedding planning is typically a stressful (but happy!) time particularly for brides but having the OIE team as a part of that, let us enjoy our special day without the weight of all that stress. Wedding planning is not just a job to Brittany, it's so clearly her passion!
    A month after our wedding and we are still hearing wonderful things from our guests about her and her talent!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Kate · Married on 11/12/2014

Brittany and the Orchid Island team are the reason my special day was absolutely flawless! No design element was left unattended! From placing center pieces to making sure each one of my guests were enjoying their evening, these girls went above and beyond what I expected of them. They made me feel as if I was the very first bride they had ever helped walk down the aisle. They truly made my day magical!

Sent on 03/22/2015

Brittany and her team were spot on in organizing and executing our wedding ceremony and reception, held at two different venues. They coordinated and managed all other vendors who supported the event and did so with professionalism and experience. Highly recommend Orchid Island Events!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Natalie · Married on 10/04/2014

Orchid island events was beyond perfection! The ladies were on top of their game and never let the bride or groom down! They answered a million questions and ask enough also (ones you never would have thought of). Without this team my wedding would not have been half of what it was! I will never forget this team! Very professional, happy, easy going n fun to work with!!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Morgan · Married on 07/12/2014

Brittany and her team are wonderful! Brittany was a life saver more than once through out the wedding planning process, she was great to bounce ideas off of, and was a resource for new ideas when necessary. Day of, her and her team kept everything running smoothly. And you must know, we had some issues with a few groomsmen being unruly during photos and Brittany's team didn't hesitate to jump in and help me keep them in line...boys will be boys, but these girls are ROCK STARS! The time leading up to the wedding and then the weekend was stress free and I enjoyed every minute of it thanks to Orchid Island Events.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Brittany and the Orchid team planned my wedding for December of 2013, and I can't say enough wonderful things about them! Her prices were affordable, she was always flexible with meeting times, and my wedding was absolutely flawless. I felt as though I didn't have a thing to worry about on my wedding day. I highly recommend them to anyone in search of a wedding planner in the Wilmington area!

Sent on 03/22/2015

james · Married on 11/03/2013

Superb, simply superb, the wedding planning maestros at Orchid Island conducted our wedding with the ease and beauty of a classical minuet. Expectations were met, schedules were kept and everything was handled with ingrained sense of rectitude. Brittany’s smile and cool fire allowed us to relax and enjoy instead of stressing with the nuanced headaches that can come with planning and executing a wedding. She listened; creatively suggested, researched, recommended and budgeted.
    The real proof comes with guest smiles (and a very happy mother in law). We were showered with compliments on how smoothly and wonderfully our customized wedding flowed. We felt a warm sparkle after our first meeting with Brittany; today we have soft memories of a sunset wedding, the Caribbean notes of a steel band, creatively customized guest tables, flowing fall flowers, and the dancing smiles of cherished family and friends.
    Orchid Island Events launched love with love