213 Reviews for One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies

Counseling (3)
Single Religion (1)
Interfaith Ceremony (1)
Orthodox Christian (1)

Rev. Don was FANTASTIC. Just about every man at the wedding complimented the service Rev. Don gave. My husband and I loved working with him, and are grateful that he was a part of our wedding. He communicates well, is gregarious, and makes everyone feel comfortable.

Thank you, Rev. Don!!!!

Roberta Ehlers Bolster

Profile Picture ROBERTA, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We had such a great experience with Rev. Don. From our first exchange to finalizing details leading up to the ceremony, he was responsive, thorough and professional. We enjoyed our (optional) martial counseling session with him and came away with some great ideas for the future. The ceremony he prepared was personal with just the right amount of humor and seriousness, while incorporating everything we asked for. Our guests are still raving about it - and so are we. Thanks Rev. Don!!

Profile Picture Renee, 5/6/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Counseling, Non-religious

If you're looking for an Officiant or even a host for your event, look no further. Mr. Don was the best!! =]

He was as easy to talk to as one of my long time friends, but also as professional as any top notched Officiant. He walked my wife and I through what we needed to do and how the ceremony would go along. He was detailed and made sure everything that was going to be said on the ceremony was on point and to our liking.

Everything went so smooth on our wedding day. He entertained our guest with funny sarcasm (just the way we liked it) and laughter even through the most boring parts of my wife and I's love story. He definitely became a family friend and will recommend it to anyone looking for a amazing host/officiant. =]

Profile Picture Charl Carlos, 4/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don was amazing, he really took the time to get to know us as a couple, as a family and as individuals. He has a great spirit around him, that makes him feel like family from the first moment you meet. I dont have enough kind words to say about how amazing he is ...... We were very blessed to have him share our day with.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 4/8/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Counseling, Non-religious

Rev. Don was a spectacular officiant for our wedding. Through the planning process he was so communicative and eager to assist. My husband and I really wanted a meaningful and personal ceremony (including a hand-fasting) so we worked closely with Don on MULTIPLE ceremony drafts until it was just perfect. Don was so patient, responsive, professional, and personable. Multiple family members and guest compliments on how beautiful our ceremony was and how funny Rev. Don is. He is an excellent speaker thanks in part to his excellent timing and delivery (without "stealing the show"), but most of all his sincere spirit and good will. We could not possibly thank Rev. Don enough for his effort and time into helping bind our marriage. Thank you Don!

Profile Picture Regina, 3/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don officiated our wedding on March 24, 2018 in La Jolla. We were planning from afar so, although we'd had several phone calls to talk about the ceremony, our wedding day was the first time we met in person. Let me tell you, not one person at our wedding would have known that. In fact, several people asked me if he was a family friend! I got so many compliments on Don and the ceremony. He really has a knack for getting to know people and communicate their love stories. If you are looking for someone to officiate your wedding, Don is your guy!!

Profile Picture Gracie, 3/24/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

Don was wonderful to work with and added so much love, attention and detail to our ceremony. It honestly felt like an old family friend was marrying us. From the start we felt very comfortable with Don and knew that he would "get us." He calmly guided us through everything and helped us develop a ceremony that fit our personalities and story very well. And all of our guests raved about him too. Thank you, Don!

Profile Picture Alexis, 3/10/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend Don was the best decision we could have possibly made for our special day! We have gotten more compliments about him than any of our other vendors. My husband and I were able to connect with him on a much more personal level than I would have ever thought possible. During our pre-marital counseling session (which I highly recommend) we were able to address the "tough" questions in a safe and honest place. Rev. Don made us feel so confident leading up to our wedding through his constant communication and attention to detail. If you are looking for an officiant... THIS IS YOUR GUY! We love Rev. Don and not only was he the perfect compliment to our wedding day, but the tools he gave us serve us daily in our marriage! He is not just a Reverend, but a friend.

Profile Picture Kelly, 3/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

There are not enough wonderful things to say about Rev. Don Toshach. My husband and I asked each other at the end of the night, what was the best part of the day for us. We both answered that we loved the ceremony the best. I mean, that's usually the dull part before the party, right? But working with Don, it hit so many of the right notes for us and perfectly encapsulated our feelings, sincerity, humor and joyfulness over the day. The ceremony felt smooth and effortless, not rehearsed as many ceremonies feel. The ceremony flowed really beautifully, and touched our hearts as well as the hearts of all of our guests. People afterward thought that he must have been an old friend of the family because he had such a warm and intimate tone but we had only met him a handful of times...in those times he's able to get an excellent read on people and will work with you to create an amazing ceremony. We will be forever thankful to him.

Profile Picture Andrea, 1/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We are so glad we chose Don to officiate our elopement. He is friendly, casual, humorous, and from the first time we met, he felt like an old friend (not old old, but someone we've known for a while!). He was quick to respond to all our communication and willing to customize our ceremony any way we wanted. During the actual ceremony he was relaxed and added just the right amount of humor and performed with a smile and sincerity. We would definitely recommend Don to anyone! I doubt you could find a better officiant!

Profile Picture Todd, 1/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don is so amazing, the advice he gave us and the time he put into making our wedding ceremony OURS was great. My husband and I really took to heart when he told us to spend on memories not objects. We intend on doing that! Don has a great sense of humor so if you are looking for a fun and kind officiant, hes YOUR GUY. Our wedding got pushed back a day due to the wildfire in Oceanside. Don did not hesitate to say he would be there the following day for us. What a blessing, thank you so much for everything Don! :)

Profile Picture Lorena/Jake, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don was super helpful and patient with us when it came to the service and our vows. We loved working with Don, and would recommend his services for any couple.

Profile Picture Monica, 12/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don is a truly good person who takes the time to get to know you and your story. He is great at giving you a idea of where to start with as much or little of the ceremony as you like pre-written or custom. He is able to include as much or little religion in the ceremony as you like. He is serious and professional but also has a great sense of humor and can incorporate that into your wedding if you like. I'm very glad he was the one to marry us.

Profile Picture Gina, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don was our wedding officiant and we are so pleased we chose him!! He is funny, kind, charismatic. Which is much more our style! Our families and our guest really liked him as well! He is professional and helps you keep things together and sends little reminders about vows, etc. We couldn’t have been happier and we are thankful we found him!

Profile Picture Ciara, 11/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don was wonderful to work with. He was very warm and definitely made our day even more special. He was the utmost professional, while still providing a very personal and involved service. On our day we had both Don and a Rabbi as our officiants and Don and our rabbi were able to blend both of their styles seamlessly into a wonderful ceremony. I would definitely recommend Don for an of your officiant needs. He is the best!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don was amazing! Helpful, friendly, and so easy to talk to. We told him our story and on our big day, it was like he had been there for every step of our journey. Thank you Don! - Nate and Danielle

Profile Picture Nathan, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don was amazing. From start to finish he made us feel comfortable. Many of our guests commented about how well they enjoyed our ceremony. Throughout the entire planning process Don was easy to work with, helpful, and quick to respond to emails and phone calls.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don was amazing! He will forever be a part of our memories for years to come. The ceremony was perfect for us. Don made it special and really listened to our wants and needs and gave our special day words and timeless memories that no one else could have. He was very accommodating with our beliefs, schedule and Autistic daughter. Very professional and personalized service. Parallel to none!

Photo for One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies Review - "You may kiss the bride!"
Photo
Profile Picture Misty, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Counseling, Interfaith Ceremony, Orthodox Christian

Don was amazing! Very easy to work with and very professional. We are so glad we found him for our big day!

Profile Picture Kayti, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Don was amazing! He is very professional, and he made our ceremony so fun and exactly the way we wanted. He was also flexible and met with my parents and listened to their concerns and requests for a modified ceremony. We were so lucky and blessed to have someone as great as Rev. Don marry us!

Profile Picture Cassy, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I had a friend that refered Rev. Don and she said he was amazing. Well it was not easy to choose an officiant for your wedding but once we spoke with Rev. Don we felt a strong connection and knew he was the one. We had to work around with our budget to choose him and it was so worth it! From the conference calls months before the wedding to the amazing words at the wedding day we LOVED everything! He was so responsive, friendly, and personal we couldn’t have made a better choice! Our friends and family complemented him a lot and I would not think twice about having him again. Thank you Rev. Don for the amazing ceremony it was mind blowing and unforgettable, you deserve more than 5 but 10 stars!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/6/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend Don in one word would be AMAZING! We absolutely love him and couldn't be happier with how our wedding ceremony turned out. We had so many compliments after our ceremony on how beautifully Rev. Don spoke. Rev. Don also offers pre-marital counseling (he has many other services that he offers so if you're looking for something specific, give him a call!) so we decided to participate in that. Boy, I'm so glad we did! After our counseling session, my fiancé and I both agreed we immediately felt closer to each other. Since then, we have used many tools that Rev. Don taught us in our session and I know we will use them in many years and to come. If you're looking for a kind, funny, caring person with a great voice LOOK NO FURTHER!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 7/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

From the very first conversation with Don, we knew he was the right choice for us. From start to finish he made us feel comfortable. Our ceremony was perfect! He did such an amazing job telling our love story to everyone. Many of our guests commented about how that was one of the best ceremonies that they had been to, and I know the reason for that was having a warm, quick-witted reverend!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don was amazing! We couldn't have picked a better officiant. He is so good at what he does. I knew i wanted him for our wedding from the first time we spoke on the phone.Don is funny and makes you feel like you have known him for years. He did such an amazing job telling our love story to everyone. It was funny and sentimental and we couldn't have asked for it to be better. Our ceremony was perfect! We got so many compliments on Don. He's the best!

Profile Picture justine, 6/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My wife Carli and I wanted to extend a shout out to reverend Don for the amazing work put into making our special day go smoothly and perfect. My wife and I met Don one time before he officiated our wedding and guests may have presumed he’s known us our entire lives. Don had everything streamlined to make planning carefree for the bride and groom. We spent maybe 2-4 hours at most between meeting with Don, filling out questionnaires about our relationship, and other basic wedding preparatory tasks. For those of you who are going through wedding planning, any task that is made easier and takes less time is always well appreciated(maybe this holds more true the groom?). During our ceremony, he captivated our exact requests with powerful communication and a comedic edge. He was well prepared and his lighthearted nature was a soothing relief to the nerves of the bride and groom. My wife and I were less focused on the structural makeup of the ceremony and were exclusively wrapped up in each other. Don was there to support us and abide by our requests. All political and religious views aside, Don was there to perform the wedding we wanted and not push his own agenda. To this we thank you and would definitely recommend Don to any and all who are looking for a straight up down to earth guy.

Many thanks Don