One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies Reviews

226 | Rancho Mirage, CA

226 Reviews for One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies

Jen · Married on 10/11/2014

I heard about Don Toshach through our photographers and immediately asked to meet him. I was floored, he was the entire package. He wanted to understand who we were and what we were about. He was witty, personable, charming, and I felt as though I was talking to a close friend that I had known for years. On our wedding day, he calmed both me and my fiancé down. He allowed us to be ourselves throughout the ceremony while enabling us to bring out our confidence and emotion simultaneously. I think most couples are in a trance throughout the ceremony because of nerves and don’t remember anything, but Oscar and I were fully present because Don made us feel so comfortable. It was as though he made the audience disappear and it was just Oscar and I. Don not only played off of our laughter, but he created it. In fact, the audience became participants and everyone felt whatever emotion we were feeling in that moment. He also helped create the intense emotion during certain moments of our love notes to one another. The entire process of working with him before the wedding was stressless. He made it so easy. We exchanged our ideas via internet and he took charge while still allowing us to be apart of the process. Don is organized, efficient, respectful, and downright FUN. Family and friends are STILL asking about Don and complimenting how wonderful the ceremony was because he was so smooth. I don’t see Don as some Officiant or Reverand who married Oscar and I. I see him more as an experience, an experience that occurred during the most important part of my life and for that my heart will forever be in debt to him. Handsdown, he was the best decision we made.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Jason · Married on 10/10/2014

My wife and I recently got married and we used Rev. Don Toschach. We are sooooooo thankful we chose Rev. Toschach. He is GREAT at what he does. He personalized the whole experience and helped keep me calm and on track of what I was supposed to be doing. I couldn't imagine having used anyone else. Choose him...you won't regret it!!!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Taylor · Married on 10/04/2014

Regarding: Don Toshash
    We couldn't have asked for a better officiant for our ceremony. He was helpful, kind, funny, and professional. He got many compliments from our guests and we would hire him over and over again.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Wedding date 09/27/2014
    Rev. Don Toshach was fantastic! His openess to all faiths allowed us to have the perfect wedding for us as it was "non-traditional". The planning, readings, and ceremony ideas he provided, as well as more than timely responsiveness, made arranging this portion of our wedding a breeze. We were able to teleconference our meetings because of living out-of-state and it worked out perfectly. He even accommodated meeting us in person months before the wedding which was awesome! The day of, Rev. Don arrived an hour before the ceremony to go over last minute questions and to meet the available wedding-parties. The ceremony went exactly as planned and was short and sweet. We've had so many family members and friends comment on his warmth and humor used throughout. He even walked us through the wedding license process and mailed it in for us! We cannot speak highly enough about our experience with Rev. Don. My recommendation is to book him as soon as you can! Thank you, Don, for a truly memorable and amazing wedding!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Michael · Married on 09/13/2014

We found, or in our case, he was referred to us in the in the last moments as our original wedding pastor had an emergency. We are so happy he came to rescue our wedding plans. We feel as if he is part of the family. Thank you so very much.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Cheri · Married on 09/12/2014

Reverend Don was the best officiant we could ever ask for our wedding! He has a special way of making your ceremony simply perfect! I would highly recommend him for any occasion! My guests couldn't stop telling me how wonderful he was! Thank you Reverend Don for making our wedding ceremony more than we could ever ask for!:)

Sent on 10/29/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/05/2014

Reverend Don is by far the most talented wedding officiant. He adapts to your needs and makes your wedding day so special and authentic. We planned our first meeting with Don approximately over a year before our wedding date because I knew that choosing a Reverend for our wedding day was a BIG deal. Our first meeting was at Starbucks and we conversed for about 3 hours. My husband and I had so much in common with him and was so down to earth. He went over pricing, the process, writing our vows, and selecting verses for our wedding day. Don is very thorough in his approach and made such a great first impression. Don offers pre marital counseling for those who need it and for those who want to strengthen what they already have. My husband and I communicate very well, but we still decided to do the pre marital counseling. Approximately 4 months prior to our wedding we met with Don at our place in the morning and had some Orange juice and scones :)

Prior to our meeting, Don gave us a few documents to review with one another and to jot down a few thoughts for each question he would be asking us on the day of counseling. When we met Don, we felt prepared and relaxed. It was a great experience for my husband and I because we felt like we had bonded with Don. We got to know a little more about him and he got to know the details about our relationship. My husband and I felt even closer after this meeting (we didn't think that was possible)! It was such a great experience and it made us feel even more comfortable with Don on our wedding day.

On our wedding Day, Don helped everything transition smoothly. He greeted myself and my husband prior to us walking down the aisle and put us at ease right away. Don is so sincere. I have nothing bad to say about Don! If you choose to go with him for your wedding day, you will never regret it. He can make your wedding day exactly how you imagined it.

Lauren and Gregory <3

Sent on 11/26/2014

Colin · Married on 08/31/2014

Rev. Don was exactly what we were looking for in a wedding officiant. We wanted someone willing to work with our non-religious ceremony and be a calming but light presence for us to feel comfortable. Rev. Don allowed us to research our own readings and customize our vows, and was very friendly to all of our family and friends. We had a great day and Rev. Don was a big part of that!

Sent on 01/25/2015

Linda · Married on 08/30/2014

Planning a wedding is very stressful and very overwhelming! My husband and I were nervous before meeting Rev Don for the first time. Especially for a bride who is counting on someone who she has never met to make her wedding day memorable. The first day we met Rev Don my husband and I both agreed it felt like we knew him for years. We felt relieved and comfortable sharing our story with him. He was very understanding. In most cases, you can tell when an ordained minister is just looking to get paid and leave. He took the time to get to know us and make sure our ceremony was the way we wanted it. Before interviewing other ordained ministers, I suggest you take the time to meet Rev Don!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Jillian · Married on 08/16/2014

My husband and I got married on 8/16/14 and Don was one of the recommended vendors from our venue. We could not have been happier with our choice! Don spent a lot of time getting to know us and the story of how we met. He was able to incorporate some really fun things into our ceremony so that it was exactly what we wanted. Don is extremely flexible and very fun to work with. He made everything feel so relaxed and has a great sense of humor! Everyone at the wedding LOVED him. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Jillian · Married on 08/16/2014

Pastor Don was amazing! He married my daughter and son-in-law. They chose him from the vendor list at Los Willows (the venue where they were married). They made a GREAT choice! He took the time to get to know them and get to know their story. He made their ceremony truly unique to them. He was very personable and funny at times and made everyone feel comfortable. We had several guests ask how Jillian and Matt knew Pastor Don because it seemed like he had known them for a long time. If you choose Pastor Don to officiate your wedding, you will NOT be disappointed. He is a great guy!

Sent on 11/10/2014

rachel · Married on 08/15/2014

My husband and I are so glad we lucked out and found Reverend Don to perform our wedding ceremony this summer! He was so helpful during the whole planning process, and we couldn't have asked for a better end result! Originally I had planned on asking my brother to officiate the ceremony, but now that I realize how much goes into it, I'm so glad we chose to go with Rev. Don! He was so organized and had lots of advice and helpful suggestions! I had no idea where to begin picking readings and writing the ceremony, but he walked us through the whole thing and really told the story of our relationship. I really recommend Rev. Don to anyone looking for a fun, flexible wedding officiant! I was hesitant at first to spend the money because my husband and I are in law school and on a budget, but he was definitely worth it!!

Sent on 11/08/2014

Lynnette · Married on 08/03/2014

He is amazing!!!! What can I say other then WOW, my husband and I made the best choice of picking him to do our cermony.

Sent on 08/05/2014

Brittany · Married on 07/07/2014

Reverend Don was amazing! He made the whole process of the ceremony truly ours. He was extremely flexible with getting to know us over the Internet and phone calls and occasional meetings at the venue when I was in town. When my fiancé met him it was like if he'd known him for awhile. My family talked about how awesome our ceremony was and funny and how good reverend Don was. I definitely recommend him and have recommended him to my cousins and he will definitely be the one renewing our vows!!!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Katie · Married on 06/29/2014

Don was so wonderful! We live in Minneapolis so our initial meeting was over the phone and we knew right away that he was the right officiant for us. Don was very responsive throughout the entire planning process and quickly returned emails and phone calls. We had a non-traditional, interfaith wedding and Don was very comfortable with everything we asked him to do. We received so many compliments from our family and friends on how personal the ceremony was...it was almost like he had known us forever. We would recommend Don to anyone getting married in the San Diego area!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Patrick + Brooke · Married on 06/14/2014

Don truly made our ceremony one to never forget. We heard from everyone at our wedding about how much they loved him and how fun it was. He is very experienced with his services and made you feel like you have known him for years. Also, the way he customizes the ceremony to fit the feel you want is so awesome. He was incredible, thanks Don!

Sent on 08/22/2014

Douglas · Married on 06/01/2014

Don is absolutely amazing! Our guests, family and of courses, the bride and groom loved him...

Sent on 07/07/2014

Gernine · Married on 05/31/2014

Reverend Don was wonderful throughout the wedding process. I live in Hawaii and had my wedding in California so all of our correspondence was done through email. From the first email inquiring whether he was available on my wedding date to the last email regarding ceremony readings, he responded VERY quickly. Every single time. He made it easy for me to plan a destination wedding. Rev. Don also worked with me to make sure that the ceremony was exactly how I wanted it. My family and friends loved him. We were all very comfortable around him and he made us all laugh. I would very highly recommend him to everybody!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Gregory · Married on 05/08/2014

I will recommend Don for as long he officiates! Don gave us an awesome ceremony, he was patient, understanding, allowed us to remain secular throughout the ceremony and told our story in a way that filled our hearts with even more love. Lets not forget that Don drove all the way out to Fallbrook for us as well!

Communication was 100%, professional, clear-voiced and generally awesome. Give Don a call!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Jacque · Married on 05/02/2014

Don was awesome!! Our ceremony was perfect and all our guests loved it as well!! He is very responsive and made sure the ceremony was exactly what we wanted!!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Jackie & Justin · Married on 04/27/2014

My husband and I were lucky enough to find Don on Wedding Wire and couldn't be happier with him. He officiated our wedding on 4/27/14 in Temecula at Longshadow Ranch. I reached out to him via email first and received a prompt response (very important and more rare than you would think in the wedding industry). We spoke on the phone for almost an hour and I was sold. My husband wanted to meet him so we did and knew immediately he was the right guy for the job. He helped us through every aspect of the planning process of the ceremony. This was by far the most difficult part of the planning for me but he helped out immensely. He answered my never-ending questions and helped me through emotional difficulties with kindness and ease. He has a great sense of humor which is so important for weddings i think to keep the audience engaged and interested. He made a huge effort to truly get to know us as a couple.... long story short, we were so blessed to find him and owe our successful ceremony to him. Thank you again for everything, Don.
    Justin & Jackie Jensen

Sent on 06/09/2014

Daniel · Married on 04/26/2014

When we were trying to find an officiant for our wedding, we found the process to be difficult and a little bit awkward. Neither my wife or I are religious and it was hard to find ways to distinguish one officiant from another. However, we ended up meeting with Don based on the recommendation from our wedding venue's wedding coordinator. Don was friendly, easy-going and made the process very easy for us. Despite only meeting with us once prior to the ceremony, Don was able to add some very nice personal touches and humor to our ceremony that our friends and family enjoyed. He writes out the ceremony for you to review which I found very helpful as well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Don to anyone. 5/5 stars!!!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Kim · Married on 02/16/2014

When my husband and I were planning our wedding, the one thing we needed and no clue who to get was an officiant. Our venue, Danza del Sol winery in Temecula recommend Don. From the very first email that we sent Don, he was very prompt and very responsive. Which is important to a bride when your waiting to hear back from so many venders. When we met with Don we knew he would be a perfect fit for us. Now, after the wedding, we couldn't have picked anyone better. Don was professional. He made the ceremony very heartfelt but light and funny at the same time. I felt like he knew us for years! It was the perfect mix of prayer, giggles, and tears of joy. I would recommend Don to anyone on their wedding day. He will customize your ceremony to your needs and wants. Thanks Don!

Sent on 04/28/2014

Caitlin · Married on 12/29/2013

Natalie and I were so incredibly fortunate to find Rev. Don to perform our wedding ceremony. He met with us beforehand and we really felt like he was warm, friendly, open to our ideas, and willing to help us have a memorable day that was perfect for us! He had such a warm presence that brought peace and joy to our ceremony. We can't wait to have Rev. Don perform a vow renewal or "refresher" ceremony at our 5-year anniversary!

Sent on 09/02/2014
  • ReadyFreddy

Marina · Married on 12/08/2013

Don was amazing throughout our engagement and wedding. We were a little hesitant using a reverend, as we're both non-religious, but he made us feel at ease, and kept religion out of our wedding. He designed a beautiful ceremony and incorporated all our input. We got many comments on how beautiful our ceremony was. I would recommend Don to anyone!

Sent on 12/11/2013