17 Reviews for One Accord Weddings

16 One Accord Weddings Reviews

3.8

Rachel did a great job introducing us to her preferred vendors and staying within our budget. She ensured all of our vendors arrived on time and set up everything as requested, including vendors that I personally booked without her assistance.
Regarding communication, at times, I spent up to two weeks waiting for an email response. All communication was done via email, and when my husband or myself called her, she responded with an email versus a returned phone call.
Regarding professionalism, she didn’t know which bridesmaid was walking with which groomsmen, and she wrote their names on the back of a piece of paper. This was unacceptable as I completed several sheets for the Officiant (and copied her on the emails), which stated who was walking together. At the wedding, I found her attire (strapless dress/flip flops) to be unprofessional.
While Rachel did a good job securing vendors and reviewing contracts, unfortunately, I realized too late that other wedding items, such as ensuring favors are out or candles are lit before dinner, are not only not her responsibility but also not her fault if things aren’t taken care of. Several guests left without a favor because they weren’t out, which was disappointing.
I contacted Rachel on my honeymoon to share my overall disappointment and questions regarding favors, candles, etc. and her response was that she would be willing to talk about all of my concerns except the ones that weren’t her responsibility.
In closing, my advice to brides considering hiring Rachel is to carefully think about what you would like a wedding coordinator/event planner to do. If that includes what I briefly described above (contracts/connections/rehearsal/day of coordination/no attention to details), then I recommend Rachel. However, if you’re searching for someone who will not only complete the items described above AND ensure that the smallest detail is flawless, then I highly encourage you to seek a different event company.

Profile Picture User4077571, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My daughter and I chose One Accord Weddings to help plan her wedding. Rachel was such a pleasure to work with. So personable and yet professional. We were planning an out of town wedding and she saved me so much in time and travel. Every detail was just done! Every vendor she recommended was 5 stars and very easy to work with. The wedding day went by with absolutely no hitches! So smooth and many memories made which included Rachel herself. She became not only our wedding planner but a lasting friend. Thanks Rachel for everything!!!

Profile Picture Kim, 8/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Rachel was a HUGE lifesaver! I'm not the "wedding" type so I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, when I should be doing it or how I should be doing it. She took care of all of that. She helped to hook me up with fantastic vendors and she was in constant contact with all of them. She kept my entire wedding party updated and on point. Her timeline was very specific and perfectly planned. I didn't have to do any of that!

You know how everyone tells you to expect something to go wrong because no wedding ever goes perfectly? Well I can honestly say that because of Rachel that statement simply isn't true. EVERYTHING went through perfectly! I highly recommend her for your wedding...you won't have to worry about a thing!

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/19/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Rachel was a DREAM and a lifesaver. My wedding would not have gone as smoothly as it did (or smoothly at all, for that matter) without her help. I feel like she was effectively helping in ten places at once, all throughout the event. I saw her distribute tips and thank you cards, organize set up, keep bridesmaids and groomsmen on a timeline, locate people who were missing, get questions answers, solve any and every problem that came up. She took all of the guesswork and unknowns out of the event and made everyone feel calm and confident about what they needed to be doing and where they needed to be.

She is the sole reason that I was able to enjoy, take part in, and remember my event. She brought me food, updated me and gave me time warnings before important moments in the reception. When it was discovered that the catering staff forgot the taps we needed for the kegs, she handled the situation and made sure that someone delivered the taps to the event ASAP. When our driver didn't show up before our exit, she instructed us to go enjoy the last few minutes and that she would handle it. She knew exactly what to do and everyone else noticed it as well. I had people, especially those in a more involved role, telling me how wonderful she was both during and after the event.

Profile Picture Emmaline, 3/22/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

As a venue coordinator myself for The Milestone I see many wedding planners who come through our facility. I can assure you that Rachel with One Accord is phenomenal! Her attention to detail in each and every aspect of the planning process, and on the wedding day itself, was spot on with what the bride wanted. She was also extremely flexible and was able to change things at the whim of the bride without any hiccups at all. She is beyond accommodating to any request and she goes above and beyond to make sure the day is perfect!

The thing that sets Rachael apart the most is that she becomes a friend of the family she is working with. She gains their trust and confidence which is HUGE to making a wedding day perfect. I noticed this the most when the father of the bride gave his toast and included Rachel as a newly "adopted" family member and he gushed over the commitment and time she had put in with their family.

We are so thrilled to have met Rachel and we are so glad she brought the Blount family to tour our facility.

Rachel you are one of a kind and we would love for you to come back any time!!

Valarie Maier
The Milestone Coordinator

Profile Picture Valarie, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Planning my daughter’s wedding with Rachel helping me was one of the best years of my life. This was my only daughter and I needed everything to be perfect but I knew I could not do it alone. I interviewed 5 different event planners and Rachel stood out above all of them. Rachel helped us accomplish the wedding of our dreams seamlessly without spending a fortune. At our first meeting when she told me: “I don’t miss details” and I knew she had the experience that I lacked and the contacts that would make this wedding perfect! She always presented us with options at both ends of the price scale but we made all the final decisions. Now that it is behind us, I wouldn’t change a thing about the whole process. There were times when Rachel recommended one thing and I made the decision to go in a different direction and every time, Rachel affirmed my choices and helped me work through any uncertainties. There were times when she said, “I really don’t recommend that” and after the fact, she was right every time! My friends keep asking how my daughter and I stayed so calm and enjoyed the planning and I can honestly say it was all because of Rachel. We fell in love with her personally and professionally. We highly recommend her to anyone at any stage of the wedding planning process.

Profile Picture Angie, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Rachel was absolutely wonderful in planning and coordinating our wedding. From the time we met her, she put us at ease and made us feel very secure in her ability to handle our fairly simplistic wedding. We had a great package which included an assistant, day-of services, and four official meetings. We feel like she was very flexible in being able to meet with us, and since she was fairly close to us, location was never a problem. After we told her we had several friends and acquaintances that we wanted to use for photography, catering, etc., she was very timely in her coordination with these people, making sure that we were kept in the loop on all communication. Even when we had some issues with our venue and its contact, she very quickly and professionally smoothed out the wrinkles and made sure we got what we needed. During the rehearsal and on the day of, she was punctual and made sure everyone else was while still keeping the atmosphere loose and fun. She took in all of our extra wine and made herself available for us to pick it up on the day we had between our wedding and honeymoon. All in all, we feel that Rachel was the absolute best for our needs and were very pleased to have worked with her!

Profile Picture Matthew and Olivia, 6/22/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My daughter's wedding was so beautifully executed... don't know what we would have done without Rachel! She is an amazing consultant and worked to get us the best vendors for the best price and her attention to detail was amazing (I'm a bit of a control freak)... as a mother-of-the-bride, I would HIGHLY recommend "One Accord Weddings"! Thank you Rachel!! You're the best!

Profile Picture Sharon, 6/15/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Rachel was just simply amazing! :) She helped to make sure everything ran smoothly from the rehearsal to the wedding ceremony and reception, allowing us to have a wonderful time and enjoy the moment. We couldn't have imagined it without her. Thank you Rachel!!!!

Profile Picture Annie, 6/15/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

As a professional Wedding photographer in Dallas I have worked with several wedding planners in the North Texas area and I have to say I adore Rachel Reeves from One Accord Weddings! One of the most important parts for me is a happy stress free Bride ( better images!) and Rachel and her team keep our Bride Happy from the planning stage to the going away!! She kept me in the loop for every detail and we enjoyed working with her!

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/26/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

You would be wise to hire Rachel a your event coordinator. She takes every detail into consideration and goes the extra mile to serve all involved, leaving you to focus on the purpose and experience of the event! I highly recommend her and her business!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/9/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I would recommend Rachel to every bride who is getting married. She is so professional and is on the ball with EVERY detail. She was more than willing to help me with anything and everything my husband and I needed. She even called us the day after the wedding to make sure that everything went well. She is prompt, organized, and a delight to work with. I can promise you that you will be in good hands with Rachel. I have already recommended her to all of my friends who are getting married soon!

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/16/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If there is ever a day when you want to make sure that everything runs as smoothly as possible, it's your wedding. I was very particular about who I was going to put in charge of such a once in a lifetime experience. Not only did Rachel and One Accord Weddings meet but they exceeding my very high expectations. Being very well organized I wanted to make sure that everything would be taken care of to the level I thought was necessary, and having someone like Rachel put in charge of this just felt like there were two of me on that day. One to enjoy and soak in every moment, and the other to make sure every detail was accounted for. Rachel is assertive, diligent, organized, detailed, and took care of everything! I couldn't have been happier as to how that day went and I know a huge part of that was due to Rachel!

Profile Picture Kirk, 7/7/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Every bride and groom knows how stressful planning a wedding can be, especially an out-of-town wedding. Having a supportive and detail-oriented planner can ensure that this is the most special day of your life. Rachel gave us the piece of mind that nothing would be overlooked and every detail will be attended to. Rachel is professional and focused and really helped to make our day exceptionally special.

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/16/08, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Rachel was amazing. Detailed, professional, and a ton of fun. She helped make our wedding day the joyous and memorable celebration that it was.

Profile Picture Brandon, 10/6/06, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Rachel is amazingly organized, thinks of EVERYTHING, stays so calm, and sincerely cares about helping to make your wedding day exactly what you want it to be. She is truly a remarkable woman...so gifted...and has so much heart. I would recommend her again and again and again.

Profile Picture Brie, 7/30/05, 1 Review