On the Rocks Bartending Reviews

1 User photo

On the Rocks Bartending 1
  • CJ

CJ · Married on 11/11/2017

I am so glad I spent a little extra and went with On The Rocks. There are competitors out there for cheaper, but the saying you get what you pay for is so true. On The Rocks has BEAUTIFUL bars that they offer when you book them, others bring fold out tables and it looks horribly cheap. This is probably not politically correct but the OTR bar staff is young cuties which some of the competitors dont offer this cleaned up professional look. I am a very budget conscious bride so it killed me to spend more, but honestly they pay for the difference. They come with their own insurance so you dont have to purchase that and they also provide the mixers. They were amazing and we did two signature drinks that I didnt get to test out before hand so I was a little nervous... but the day of they were above my expectations. Matt is very easy to get in touch with and a joy to work with. Brides you need OTR. There was only one small issue related to shots, but it was nothing to doc them stars for. Please note this picture in the review was during set up, our bartenders were dressed nice for our black tie wedding. Im impatiently awaiting photographer pics so sorry thats the only one I have.

On the Rocks Bartending 2

Jackie · Married on 09/24/2016

On the Rocks came highly recommended to us and we could not be happier! They are professional, attentive to detail, and were very accessible prior to my daughter's wedding. The bar choices they suggested were right on target with what we wanted, and everything was done without any effort on our part. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/29/2016

On the Rocks Bartending's reply:

Thank you for having us at this special occasion! We look forward to working with you again soon!

MS
  • Hennessey

Hennessey · Married on 02/20/2016

We were told they did a great job, and they did! Scott and his crew were welcoming and professional. Our guests were catered to with the southern grace we'd hoped for. Matt communicated with me before the day to make sure that the bars had everything we needed. It was perfect!

Catherine · Married on 02/20/2016

Matt and his entire OTR team were fabulous. Matt was so responsive in all our consulting back and forth prior to the event, he worked with me to pick up all the booze for the wedding and gave me good input on miscellaneous items/questions I had. Not to mention that I LOVED that they had everything needed for the bar, down to the bar itself. Plus they set up a secondary smaller bar for the cocktail hour which I didn't even think to ask for. The bartenders themselves were amazing. I had so many comments from guests with how impressed they were with them. The groom and myself didn't have to go within 4 feet of the bar and the bartenders were preparing our drinks already for us without us asking. Great, great staff!!!

John · Married on 12/02/2015

Matt and his entire team always do a great job and even go that extra step. I have long admired Matt's work ethic and appreciate his attention to detail. If you want great service and incredible staffing, On the Rocks is the service to secure!

Sent on 12/08/2015

John-

Thank you for the kind words. We truly enjoy working with your staff to make each event special. Private events are more than individual vendors - it's a team effort!

Ashley · Married on 11/14/2015

Matt and his team did an awesome job! They were very easy to work with, and because they had done a lot of events at our reception site I felt very comfortable with all their recommendations, like for example on where the bar should be set up. There never seemed to be huge line of people waiting to get a drink. When it came to our specialty drinks we wanted they didn't use a pre-made mix, every drink was made fresh when ordered! They even had a bar back that would make runs to the liquor store if they felt they were getting low on something. They were recommended to us by my wedding planner, John Gandy, and I couldn't have been more happy!

Sent on 11/17/2015

On the Rocks Bartending's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! We really enjoyed working with everyone involved!

I worked with Matt and his team with On the Rocks Bartending for my daughter's Wedding this past weekend! They were fantastic! Matt responds quickly with any questions, and helps along the way, making sure you have everything you need. When they say they will handle all aspects of the bar for your event, they mean it - they go the extra mile for anything that you may need as it pertains to the bar. The bartenders were professional and fun. You may pay a little more for Matt and his team at On the Rocks, but they are well worth it! The service they provide is first class!

Sent on 11/17/2015

On the Rocks Bartending's reply:

Wow! Thank you for the kind words. Your group was so easy to work with. If there is anything you need from us in the future, please call at any time. We look forward to working with you again.

Thanks for choosing On The Rocks!

MS

Matt and his team at On the Rocks Bartending provided bartending service for our daughter's wedding this past weekend.

We'd met with Matt months in advance for initial planning and budgeting. Matt answered every question, and overcame every obstacle we threw at him along the way !
    At the wedding, his team was spotlessly and professionally dressed, had impeccable manners, and treated each our guests with respect and courtesy!

Very, very highly recommended ! - Jim & Kathy Watkins

Brittany · Married on 06/06/2015

On the Rocks Bartending, by far the best Bartending company in the Southeast! Pleasure to work with and VERY reasonable on pricing and worth every penny spent! Can not say enough great things about these guys, from the hard working bartenders to the owner who was there every step of the way and went above and beyond on EVERYTHING! Thanks again guys!

Jacob Tyler · Married on 05/23/2015

Matt and his staff at On The Rocks bartending were nothing short of amazing! Matt and his brother arrived early on the day of my wife and my wedding to start setting up. Soon after, the rest of their team arrived and were dressed professionally and were so courteous. All of my guests were highly impressed with the bartending staff from On The Rocks and commented throughout the night about how nice and friendly they all were. I would highly recommend On The Rocks to anyone in the South Georgia/North Florida area for anyone having a special event or ceremony. They absolutely rock!

Sent on 06/08/2015

On the Rocks Bartending's reply:

Thank you for having us be a part of your special day. We look forward to working with you in the future!

On the Rocks Bartending was a great decisions, we knew we would need some sort of bar set up and were directed to them. They were extremely easy to work with and we didn’t have to worry about a thing. We picked out the type of beverages we wanted and they did everything else. People never had to wait in a long line at our wedding to quench their thirst. All of our guests were very happy with the bartenders. Then they returned any drinks we didn’t use and delivered any used bottles to our house. We literally did nothing and they did it all- such a relief to not have to worry.

Working with Matt Spinks and On The Rocks was an easy and stress free process! A few phone conversations and email exchanges was all it took. On the day of our wedding, the staff arrived early and had everything set up and ready to go with time to spare. They were attentive to all of our guests but especially to us, we never went without! Would we recommend On The Rocks, absolutely! Thanks Matt and to your staff!

Bonnie · Married on 08/16/2014

I really cannot recommend the folks at On The Rocks Bartending enough! They were courteous and professional the day of, and communication was a breeze all around. The guys really went above and beyond helping us to set-up and clean-up the day of -- and it was much appreciated! We also received many compliments from our guests regarding the bar service for the reception, which only solidified, for us, what a great choice we made by hiring Matt and his crew. Thanks so much, OTR!

Sent on 08/26/2014

On the Rocks Bartending's reply:

Thank you for having us help make your day special! We look forward to working with you guys again.

As an active musician for weddings, I've seen On the Rocks at various venues spanning from Valdosta, GA to Destin, FL. When it came time for my own wedding in Tallahassee, there were many vendors out there, but only one that made me feel comfortable with the amount of personalized attention to detail. There are many reasons why On the Rocks can be seen at various functions throughout this region. Every bartender and drink vendor can pour some wine, open a bottle, and serve drinks. What I've seen that makes On the Rocks different from other vendors is their consistent professionalism and courtesy. After meeting with Matt, there was no surprise when his servers showed up early, dressed up appropriately, and came thoroughly stocked. After contacting and working with other vendors in the area, the absolute one thing that puts On the Rocks above anybody else is how they gave me peace of mind. Anything that needed to be done, would get done. I will surely tell anybody who needs a bartender service in this area that the most reliable place to go is On the Rocks.

Sent on 08/28/2014

On the Rocks Bartending's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! We strive to make everyones event special!

Thanks for choosing On The Rocks

Brian · Married on 05/31/2014

One of the easiest parts of planning and executing the wedding was working with Matt and his crew. Great advice as to brands and quantities of drinks. Very flexible with our personal drink selections and professional throughout the event. We only wish our other vendors were as easy to work with.

Sent on 08/29/2014

On the Rocks Bartending's reply:

Thank you for having us! Loved the selections of local beers from Proof. Looking forward to working with you in the future.

Amy · Married on 05/25/2014

On the Rocks was so wonderful!!!! The made the night go so smooth. We will be hiring them again for other events an parties. They made verythign so simple and easy! We even ran out of something in our singnature cocktail and they had someone else bring it to the wedding!!! They were amazing!! Anyone getting married in the Tallahassee area needs to hire them!

Sent on 06/19/2014

On the Rocks Bartending's reply:

Thank you for having us at your event! We'll do whatever it takes to make your event special.

Arden · Married on 05/10/2014

We loved working with Matt and the whole team at On the Rocks. Thank you for providing the best service, good drinks and the most professionalism!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Arden and Ned-

Thank you for having us help make your event perfect. We look forward to working with you again!

Diane · Married on 04/26/2014

One of the best decisions I made helping plan my son's wedding reception for over 250 people was contracting Matt Spinks and his On the Rocks Bar-tending Company . Matt was incredible and handled so many situations for me before and during the reception beyond what he was hired to perform. When he told me not to worry and leave things to him so I could enjoy my son's wedding, he really meant it. From the very beginning, he was right on track. His estimate included excellent liqueur choices, all his services including his own bars and set ups, and glassware because we did not want plastic glasses. He even worked with our Catering Company coordinating the glassware rentals with them to save us money with delivery charges and no duplications. His bartenders were friendly, courteous, well dressed and could give our guests any type of drink they requested. He even served an old family recipe punch with all types of liquor mixed into it as a signature drink for us. I am amazed how he was able to figure out what our liquor needs would be and be so well supplied at all times including all the ice that was used. To receive his bill was unbelievable. It was just what he had estimated . I dislike financial surprises. I would advise anyone having a function in the Tallahassee area to hire On the Rocks.and Matt. I was able to call Matt at any time. He always returned my calls or e-mails promptly and just took care of any question I had.. You will be assured an incredible Bar Service for your event with On the Rocks.

Sent on 08/30/2014

On the Rocks Bartending's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! We had a great time playing an important role in the wedding at Pebble Hill. Thank you so much for having us, and we look forward to working with you in the future!

Dee Ann · Married on 04/12/2014

On The Rocks is a professional Bartending company that proves full service. They pick up your order, deliver to site, fully staff the wedding reception, clean up, return unused product. The staff is professional and personable. You never have to worry if they will show up, be on time and properly dressed, and be able to service the guests appropriately .

Sent on 04/14/2014

On the Rocks Bartending's reply:

Always a pleasure to work with you guys. Looking forward to your next event.
  • W

Whitney · Married on 04/12/2014

The absolute best thing about On The Rocks, is that it takes one phone call to them, and the bar for any event is handled. Our wedding of over 300 guests had great service from the OTR guys the entire night.

They did a job handling the large, heavy drinking crowd, due mainly to their ability to plan. They were well staffed, with knowledgable, friendly bartenders who were willing to work hard. Our guests had a blast. This was one of the easiest vendors we had for the entire wedding.

Sent on 04/20/2014

On the Rocks Bartending's reply:

What a great night for a special family. We look forward to working with you again!

Matt · Married on 03/01/2014

We chose to go with an open bar for our wedding day and On the Rocks did a fantastic job! They ordered just about the right amount of everything! Nothing ran out and very little was left over. The drinks were quick and lines were practically non-existent!

Sent on 06/05/2014

On the Rocks Bartending's reply:

Thank you for having us!

Taylor · Married on 11/16/2013

On The Rocks is the premier Bartending service in North Florida. Matt and his crew are truly one of a kind. They were a key part in making our day special. I will definitely use their services again and recommend any one else doing the same.

Abbey · Married on 07/20/2013

Great drinks and service for our wedding! Very reasonably priced.They were also very responsive to my multiple emails with questions :)

Kiki · Married on 03/23/2013

On the rocks was awesome! Professional, helpful and fun!

Laurye · Married on 07/21/2012

Chris Gieb, owner of On the Rocks Bartending is the best! I have hired him for a number of events and each time he has gone beyond expectations. The latest event was my daughter's wedding. I never even thought about hiring anyone else for such a special occasion because I knew he would be perfect! I was not disappointed. His bartenders were professional, his bar areas looked wonderful, his prices were reasonable and he even hand delivered my daughter and her husband's favorites drinks to them, knowing they would not be able to get to the bar since so many people were talking to them. I would recommend On the Rocks Bartending to anyone!