Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center Reviews

28 | Oconomowoc, WI

28 Reviews for Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center

• Erin

Erin · Married on 10/11/2019

Our wedding at Olympia Resort was amazing! The location was stunning, the tent was the perfect place for a wedding reception, and the food was awesome! Gretchen, the event coordinator at Olympia, is an absolute rock-star. She was so helpful and easy to get a hold of during the wedding planning process. On the wedding day, everything went flawlessly thanks to her! Even when we had to move our outdoor ceremony in due to rain, the change of plans was so seamless that you would have thought we always planned it inside. I seriously can't recommend Gretchen at Olympia enough!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Carol · Married on 07/30/2016

We had our wedding here at Olympia. We were married in the Gazebo and then had our reception in the Illinois ballroom. I worked with Gretchen who helped me coordinate everything since I am from out of state. Everything turned out perfectly. The rehearsal, the ceremony, the reception and the hotel staff were all perfect. Juan and the banquet staff were amazing from setup, cocktail hour and reception. Our bartender was the best! The photos with the beautiful views and landscape here are priceless. Almost all of our guests were from out of town and made a vacation for several days here. The hotel is older but clean and has such a great personal feel, everyone had such a good time. Thank you for giving us the perfect day for our wedding.

Sent on 08/10/2016

Gretchen S. was absolutely wonderful! She was very organized, and responsive, personable, and patient.
    The catering staff and the grounds crew made sure everything was to our liking.
    The cost layout was easy to understand and no last minute hidden fees.
    Overall, the venue was beautiful ! We had our ceremony at the Gazebo and the Reception was in the Olympia Gardens (tent)!!! We loved everything ! Perfect Wedding day!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Food catered by Olympia was delicious!! Reception and ceremony space were gorgeous! We loved all of it!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Emily · Married on 08/29/2015

I loved Olympia! Gretchen was amazing and flexible from the very first day we emailed. My husband and I live in California due to the military, however, our families are in the southern Wisconsin/Chicago area. Gretchen was helpful through every step. She was accommodating with payments, arrangements, and questions..she was always very quick to reply as well.
    She had everyy detail planned and organized and asked me questions to things I hadn't even thought of! From the ceremony , to walking order, to helping with food options, to suggestions, to just being there, she did it all. A lot of the vendors we used also were familiar with Olympia and loved Gretchen which put my mind at ease even more.

A lot of our guests were impressed with the food as well. We did the buffet style and it went smoothly and very fast! I literally have no complaints!
    It was a great experience and I am glad we chose Olympia!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Jeff · Married on 08/22/2015

My sons wedding venue, Ceremony in the Gazebo, and reception in the tent, was the best wedding, I have ever been to in my life. The Olympia resort staff : Gretchen, and bartenders, Wendy and Ed, plus all the servers, went above and beyond the best customer service ever, in my life. Gretchen the wedding planner, made sure everything ran smoothly and all guests were happy.
    Gretchen Is one amazing Wedding planner. Thank you for everything, but esp. making my children the happiest Bride and Groom EVER.
    The rehearsal dinner, wedding meal, and Breakfast buffet the morning after, AMAZING! Kudos to everyone at the Olympia resort, for making my Son's and daughters wedding LEGENDARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I RECOMMEND The Olympia resort, for any of your party needs! you won't be disappointed.

KUDO's Olympia, you nailed it!!!
    Jeff Howard, father of the groom.

Sent on 08/28/2015

Katie · Married on 08/14/2015

We used the Ballroom at Olympia for our wedding. Gretchen was WONDERFUL to work with! She was always very responsive to emails, and was conscientious of things I had not thought of. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. All of our guests enjoyed the hotel and Club Indigo for after the reception, plus the pool. We would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wanted to have their wedding here.

Sent on 08/28/2015

Jackie · Married on 07/10/2015

We used the gazebo and tent. They were very accommodating with everything for us. We had our wedding on a Friday which helped us financially since the prices were a bit lower. Gretchen was always very helpful and always on top of making sure to respond to us in a timely matter. We had an amazing wedding day, the weather was perfect, the food was hot and tasted great, the staff was helpful and we couldn't have asked for a better location!

Sent on 09/04/2015

Jenn · Married on 05/31/2014

Great venue for an outdoor wedding! Beautiful landscaping!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Courtney · Married on 02/08/2014

The staff at Olympia truly went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was everything we wanted it to be. Gretchen could not have been more accommodating and knowledgeable about all the elements needed for our wedding. From the set up, to the rehearsal dinner, to the guidance on the procession line for the ceremony and of course the reception! The maintenance team even remembered that we wanted to take pictures outside by the gazebo and they made sure there was path shoveled for us to get there! We received rave reviews from our guests about the food and the service everyone received from the bartenders and wait staff. We have nothing but positive things to say about our experience with Olympia!

Sent on 03/02/2014
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 07/13/2013

We worked with Gretchen who was extremely helpful in planning the days events for our reception! Her professionalism is appreciated and our guests are raving about how good the food is still a month later. The staff at the facility were all helpful and pleasant to work with.

Sent on 08/12/2013

Jamie · Married on 09/10/2011

Gretchen was very nice to work with! She would help you in anyway she could and if she couldn't do it she would find someone else that could.

Sent on 02/02/2013

Marcy · Married on 01/22/2011

We found Olympia's prices to be very comparable to other competitors in the area. The contact person (Gretchen) was always very helpful and responding quickly to any emails or calls from me.

Sent on 09/23/2011
  • User4281900 · 2+ years ago

Great venue for our wedding! Food and service were both wonderful. Our guests enjoyed the convenience of our reception at the hotel.

Sent on 07/28/2014

We had a wonderful experience with Olympia. Gretchen was patient, knowledgeable and quick to respond even though I wasn't her first priority, as we had booked our venue over 16 months in advance. We were pleased with the food, the setup and all the helpthe team provided.

Sent on 09/04/2015

Working with Gretchen made everything so easy. She took care of all of the little details and made everything flow beautifully together from the grand march to dinner to speeches to dancing. Beautiful reception hall and willing to work with us in order to get the room decorated early.

Sent on 08/12/2014

Kelsey · Married on 06/20/2009

The Olympia resort was a wonderful setting for our dream wedding. They were very helpful throughout the planning process and helped us create our perfect wedding. The food was excellent and the staff was wonderful, many guests commented on the friendliness and efficiency of the wait staff during dinner. Crystal-the banquet manage- was an immense help throughout the planning process and on the day of the event. I couldn't imagine having had our wedding anywhere else.

Sent on 07/05/2009

Erin · Married on 09/26/2015

Gretchen was AMAZING!!! She went above and beyond our expectations. We will be forever grateful to her for making sure everything went smoothly and made sure my mom was able to get into the tent to decorate 4 hours early so she could still be apart of the "getting ready" experience before the ceremony!! We had several guests coming from all over the state and country and the convenience of having the ceremony, reception, and lodging all in one venue was very important. The food was delicious and the staff were so attentive to our every need. Could not have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 01/28/2016

Kristy · Married on 06/06/2015

Gretchen was wonderful to wok with through the whole process of planning our wedding. She always responded promptly to all of my random questions and was always there when needed. When it came to the weekend of the event she and the staff were very friendly in making sure that everything was perfect for our big day, they helped with setting up to taking down and everything in between. The hotel staff was wonderful in accommodating us through the whole weekend. On the day of Gretchen was there from the beginning all the way to the end making sure every step went perfect and everything was where it was suppose to be, even though she had 3 other weddings that day! We received so many compliments from our staff on the food and the venue itself, they stated it was some of the best food they had ever had at a wending. I would recommend this location to any couple looking for a wonderful venue to have their wedding especially if people are traveling.

Sent on 08/31/2015

Heidi · Married on 09/27/2008

Crystal, the event coordinator, was wonderful to work with - very organized and flexible with meeting. We had the tent for our reception and it was just gorgeous inside the tent. There is a semi-permanent dance floor and it's big enough that they didn't have to break down any of the dinner tables. The bar can be set up outside before dinner, and can be moved inside during the dance. Our rental place forgot to bring vases for the girls' flowers and Crystal quickly got vases for us. She was there the day of the wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. Any time during the planning process that I had questions, she was always quick to call or email back. They also gave my husband and I a free night in a jacuzzi suite for having the reception there, and there was wine and chocolate covered strawberries in the room. Nice surprise! Beautiful tent, wonderful staff. Food was good too - had the flat iron steak and the raspberry chicken. Were able to get lobster for ourselves and our parents.

Sent on 10/20/2008

The food here was amazing and came at a fair price. Gretchen was very helpful along the way all the way up to the day after the wedding. The service was great, but had a few comments from our guests regarding or private bartender being slow.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Sara · Married on 05/17/2008

We used the Olympia Gardens tent for our wedding reception. We had a lot of complements on the venue. The food was pretty good, and we found the service good too. The price of everything is a little higher than other places we checked out. Not way out of line, just a little pricier.

Sent on 07/10/2008

Our wedding back in 2004 was spectacular! Everything went off with a hitch! Wish we could do it all over again. I wouldn't change a thing.... Maybe we should do a 10th anniversary party?! .....:)

Sent on 07/28/2014

Chelsea · Married on 06/04/2011

3.6
      3.5

Gretchen was AMAZING and helped with EVERYTHING!!
    Only 2 complaints are that a/c wasnt working and we had to ask to have them bring out fans because we had elderly people there and is was over 85 degrees in the room. Other complaint was at the end of the night the wait staff threw away about 100 glass votive holders and candles!!! We were in the process of cleaning up, but I guess we should've started with the tables!!

Sent on 06/27/2011
  • Tyffany

Tiffany · Married on 06/13/2009

3.2
      2.5
      3.5

The site was breath taking for the ceromony and reception everything was wonderful and the food was amazing.

But we booked a spa day for the bride and maids two weeks a head of time and they serviced everyone but the bride. I (bride) waited in a room by myself for two hours before they told me they were short staffed and asked if I would reschedule my massage and mani/pedi. No discount or recourse was given, honestly I didnt even recieve a sincere apology.

After the reception my wedding planner went to check out of her rooim and they attempted to charge her for our honeymoon suite (which is suppose to be free because we had our ceremony and reception there) my husband was at the desk for at least 30 mins getting things straightened out.

Sent on 05/07/2010