Olympia Catering & Events Reviews

265 | Tampa, FL

265 Reviews for Olympia Catering & Events

Cara · Married on 03/29/2014

Olympia was absolutely amazing from the consultation to the clean up. They were very professional and really helped us to make a menu that represented our wedding perfectly. Tons of guests came up to me during the reception to tell me that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. It's been 3 months since, and people are still talking about it. I was thrilled with my experience and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 05/28/2014

Amber · Married on 03/21/2014

Olympia provided both the food and the cake at our wedding reception. Good food was important to me since wedding food often tastes like, well, wedding food. I wanted food that was actually delicious and Olympia absolutely delivered. We had a mashed potato martini station and our guests raved about it! It was a really fun addition to the rest of the delicious options we had :)

On to the wedding cake. My fiance and I aren't super big cake fans. I love dessert but cake generally doesn't do it for me. In addition to being beautiful, our cake from Olympia was SO good! We had lots of guests tell us it was some of the best wedding cake they'd ever had- it's certainly the best my husband and I have had!

In addition to being great the day of, Olympia was wonderful with the coordination beforehand. When I went in for my tasting, everything was ready and waiting. Sherri asked lots of great questions about the wedding to get an idea for tablescape for the food tables. It was a really fun experience altogether :)

Sent on 04/23/2014

Kayla · Married on 03/15/2014

The food for my wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg was awesome! My guests can not stop talking about the food from both the cocktail hour as well as the reception. The staff was more than accommodating and very pleasant. I will admit it was a little nerve racking not having an option for the caterer, but I would not have picked a different company. Thank you for an amazing dinner.

Sent on 03/17/2014

We were very happy with Olympia's catering services. They provided us with everything we asked for, including an open bar, wedding cake, rentals & of course the food. Their staff & team were all very polite & helpful during the reception. The food & cake were delicious & all of our guests were very pleased with everything.

Sent on 05/05/2014
  • janet

janet · Married on 03/07/2014

Olympia Catering and Nancy Cotto are a perfect 10! We had our daughter’s wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts and had to use Olympia Catering for the cocktail hour and dinner. What an amazing experience we had. From the initial meal planning with Nancy to the day of the event, every detail was just as we had wanted. Olympia Catering provides a huge menu of selections. The food tasting event was exceptional with the presentation of the selections looking and tasting amazing… complete with a bottle of wine. I continue to receive compliments on the food from family and friends. We had initially planned to have food stations for the guests; however, at the last minute we needed to modify the plan and had a buffet instead. Nancy was wonderful in accommodating our last minute changes and knew exactly how to help us in our hour of need. The cake was also created by Olympia Catering. It was beautiful and again delicious. The staff was professional and friendly to the guests and my family. At the end of the reception, the staff efficiently assisted us in loading our cars with all our items. I thank Olympia Catering and Nancy Cotto for helping to make our daughter’s wedding so special.

Sent on 04/13/2014

jennifer · Married on 02/22/2014

Nancy from Kapok recommended Olympia catering. We started with Taryn, then Allison took over. From the very beginning we were treated like royalty. We were very impressed with the food tasting and cake tasting. We picked out the linens, chair sashes, dishes, centerpieces (we went with 3 tall crackled glass candles). We went with stations instead of sit down dinner. On the day we watched the precision and efficiency of the staff magically transforming the ball room into a beautiful wedding reception hall. Two weeks later we are still getting phone calls from guests saying how delicious the food was (the signature chicken is the BEST) and how elegant! It was the dream wedding that every girl hopes for. Thank you to Allison and her staff for making my daughter, the bride, feel like a real princess, and making all of us feel just as special!

Sent on 03/12/2014

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Jennifer, thank you for taking the time to review us! As Taryn was promoted to our Director of Operations last year, she worked with Alison to make sure your wedding was perfect. We are so happy you and your guests love the food. The signature chicken is fabulous, right?!? Thank you again and we wish your family the best!

Mary · Married on 02/21/2014

My husband and I are live in NYC but got married in St. Petersburg, FL in February, Our reception was at The Museum of Fine Arts, which exclusively uses Olympia Catering. Since we were planning a wedding from afar, this was super convenient since we didn't have to make yet another decision. Even better, Olympia Catering has fantastic food and is very easy to work with.

Nancy Cotto, the Olympia representative at MFA, is seriously the best. She's been doing this for years and is truly a professional. Since we don't live in Florida, we had a very limited timeframe to do our tasting. She squeezed us in on a crazy Saturday afternoon as they were setting up for another wedding. We went with a family style dinner, which included a TON of food for the price. We had 4 passed appetizers during cocktail hour, 2 salads, 2 entrees, 3 sides, an ice cream bar and a wedding cake. Not only was it a good amount of food but it was GOOD food. It tasted just like it did when we tasted it in November. We went with the signature chicken and the grouper for the entrees and they were both delicious. I was hesitant to serve chicken to a bunch of foodies from NYC but it got rave reviews and everyone loved it. Our wedding cake turned out beautifully and the ice cream bar was an awesome dessert addition. My only complaint is that the menu is huge and it took us forever to decide what we wanted to serve!

Sent on 03/30/2014

Sarah · event on: 01/18/2014

Olympia Catering delivers top notch food, service and presentation! I highly recommend them for any type of event!

Sent on 02/03/2014

Linda · Married on 11/30/2013

Olympia Catering was terrific, loved working with Alison and her staff. Must say Marlene was incredible too. They provided a tasteful and beautiful display of food. Would highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/10/2013

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Linda, thank you for your review and for recommending us. Alison and Marlene truly enjoyed working with you and are so happy to hear it was terrific!

Heather · Married on 11/30/2013

We working with Taryn and Alison from Olympia Catering and absolutely loved the food! We had many compliments from our guests telling us that the food was outstanding. I was definitely impressed not only by the food, but the professionalism of everyone that was involved with Olympia. Everything turned out better than I could have imagined! I would definitely recommend them!!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Heather - thank you for the review! Our chefs work hard to provide high quality and very tasty meals, so we are glad you and your guests enjoyed it!

Arielle · Married on 11/23/2013

I loved Olympia Catering!!!! They did such a spectacular job with our wedding!!! They bring their own ovens to the event, so if your venue just has a warming kitchen it's no big deal, they can still cook on site. I had several guests say it was the best wedding food they've ever had! We did a formal sit down dinner where our guests were served their choice of cheese stuffed chicken or pomegranate merlot petit filet, and they pulled it off without a hitch! They offer kids plates at a lower price, which is great for those little guests and your budget! Their cake was also as beautiful as it was delicious and included in the price per plate, which made it super easy for us!!!

We rented our ceremony chairs from them as well as linens, chiavari chairs, and plate chargers for the reception and they were all beautiful! Our venue was booked the day before our wedding so I couldn't decorate myself like I'd expected!!! Olympia saved the day and set up/decorated the entire venue for us!!! I gave them specific instructions on where I wanted everything to go, and they did a spectacular job!!!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Ashley · Married on 11/08/2013

I held my reception at the Museum of Fine Arts, and so Olympia was our caterer by default. I was very skeptical that a catering company under an exclusive contract would provide such exceptional service. The staff was excellent, and went above and beyond to be sure that my husband, my family and I were all comfortable and well fed. The guests would not stop raving about our food, and couldn't believe that it was 'wedding food.' Add to this Nancy Cotto's accommodating and professional service as sales manager, and you have a truly flawless experience. My cake was beautiful, and they allowed us to completely customize our menu. We were very impressed and pleased with the entire experience.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Ashley, thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We are so thrilled you and your guests enjoyed your wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts!

Caitlin · Married on 11/02/2013

We were very pleased with Olympia catering. From our first tasting to the wedding day, we were constantly pleased with how professional & organized they were. We had an American & Indian wedding where we served both kinds of food and Olympia handled the situation wonderfully! They had us pick the Indian food caterer and Olympia kept the food warm, put it with the American food and served it. We received so many compliments on how amazing the food and the wedding cake were!!

Sent on 12/08/2013

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Caitlin - Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your wedding was so fantastic, thank you for having us be a part of it! We are thrilled you enjoyed our food and were happy to help serve the Indian cuisine.
  • I

i · Married on 10/26/2013

I can’t say enough about Olympia Catering.. Our experience was wonderful. Our tasting was fun and deciding to use their services was an easy choice. The food was exceptional.. and I received so many compliments that everything tasted fresh and delicious. Aside from that the service that they provided surpassed my wildest expectations. They ensured that everything was set up the way I wanted and they even helped us pack our stuff at the end of the night. They took such care in handling our things and did it all with a happiness and friendliness that made us feel like we were dealing with friends instead of a vendor. Also the staff was so very sweet to bring out some of the cocktail reception food for my husband and I while we were taking our pictures… and it was VERY appreciated as we were starving.. so Kuddos to Olympia’s staff for that. Further, they ensured that all of our guests were happy and would come around to our table and bring us drinks and anything else we needed.. they totally “catered” to us. And just to top of their impeccable service.. they also packed up all of our extra food and cake to go.. AND made two special to-go boxes of meals for my husband and me to take with us, as we were so busy we didn’t have a chance to eat our meal properly. They were one step ahead of us at all times and thought of everything that could make our wedding the most perfect day of our lives! Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/08/2013

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your feedback and are so happy we surpassed your expectations! Our servers try very hard to cater to your every need to make your night spectacular!

Lindsay · Married on 10/20/2013

Nancy at the Museum of Fine Arts really took care of us during our reception. The food was fantastic and the service was even better! I didn't have to worry about anything because every single detail was already taken care of!!!! She was awesome and so were their services!

Olympia Catering also did my cake. It was beautiful and tasted good. However I wanted a specific color that we picked out together on a color chart and what they delivered was not it. I was a little disappointed but overall it was fine.

Sent on 10/31/2013

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Lindsay, thank you for your review and valuable feedback! We are delighted to hear that you loved our food and service. Your photographer shared some pictures with us and they are stunning! Thank you again and we wish you the best!

Olympia was absolutely fantastic!! Everyone keeps asking me who did the food because it was so good! One of our friends said she licked her plate :) The signature chicken is so wonderful!!! And the cake - I am so impressed with Debbie!! I had sent her pictures and she put them together to make my cake better than I could have imagined. It was GORGEOUS!!! And was so very yummy!!!! We can't thank you enough!

I will say that I am sad I missed most of the cocktail hour - I plan on having Olympia cater something of mine so that I can taste all of the appetizers again because people can't stop raving about them!!

Thanks so much - Michelle & Forrest

Sent on 10/22/2013

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Michelle & Forrest – Thank you for the kind words! We were thrilled to work with you and so glad you and your guests loved our food! We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review and wish you two the best!

The menu selections are endless. The food is fantastic and the presentation is second to none. The cake was wonderful, moist and delicious. The staff is eager to please and were very attentive to our guests. We had a moving pastry table complete with a live model in costume. Our guests were amazed. Darren and his staff are easy to work with and pay special
    attention to details. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/12/2013

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! It was such a pleasure for us to cater your wedding, we are glad you loved our food!
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 10/12/2013

Sherri was the best to work with at Olympia. She was patient through my many questions in my emails. The food was amazing and the cake was the most beautiful cake I have ever seen! Everything was perfect and wouldn't change anything! Thank you for a great experience and everything at the wedding was perfect!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Ashleigh, your wedding was gorgeous and we are so thankful you chose us to be a part of your day! We wish you and John the best in your new married life!
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 10/12/2013

Darren Diaz and his staff were amazing! The food was spectacular and the cake was out of this world! They went above and beyond our expectations and the guests are still raving how great thee food was! They catered my wedding 28 years ago and when my daughter got engaged we knew there was no other caterer that could ever compete with Olympia!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you for your review, Yvette, and for providing us the opportunity to cater your daughter’s wedding. You were such a pleasure to work with and the wedding turned out absolutely beautiful! We wish you and yours all the best!

Jennifer · Married on 08/17/2013

I really don't know where to start. Sherri and her team were beyond amazing. From our first meeting, Sherri was on the ball and totally understood what I was looking for. I loved the packages that they had and how you could customize them to fit your needs. The food at our reception was a huge hit! We did stations and everyone loved them!! The cocktail hour food was great as well. The hot items were hot and the cold items, cold. Our wedding cake was not only delicious, it was 100% to the T exactly what the picture that I gave her. Her team set up the decor, which was a lot, exactly how I asked. She was responsive to emails and truly a pleasure to work with. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Olympia to anyone having a wedding, party, or catered event. Honestly, so happy I went with them. They made my day a reality!! Thank you so, so much!!

Sent on 08/30/2013

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Jennifer! We loved making your dream a reality and had a lot of fun catering your wedding! Congrats to you both!

Rebecca · Married on 07/12/2013

Our cake from Olympia was both visually stunning and DELICIOUS! We wanted a bit of an unusual shape for our cake, and Olympia was right there with us to help us make it possible. Additionally, we didn't want to spring for the upgraded flavors due to our budget. At first I was afraid the cake wouldn't be as good, but even their basic flavors are mouthwatering! Many of our guests commented on the taste, and we enjoyed our cake leftovers for several days after the wedding.

Olympia was easy to work with and delivered a delicious and beautiful product! We would definitely choose them again!

Sent on 07/29/2013

PATRICIA · Married on 06/15/2013

The food was fabulous. The tables were decorated beautifully. The staff was great! The cake was delicious and every single person at the event commented on the delicious food. Every plate in the house which was over 150 was empty

Sent on 06/28/2013

Elaina · Married on 05/18/2013

All I can say is the FOOD WAS AMAZING!!!! I do not think I have every had better food at any other wedding I've been to. Using the station set up I think is the only way to go. The food is hot and guest take only what they want which mean less is wasted. They also made our cake and again it had to have been THE BEST cake I've ever had. Not only was the food good the table set up for the guests and food stations were also VERY beautiful. They looked exactly how I pictured them when I was day dreaming of this day and explaining it to Sherri who I sat down with. They handled everything I did not have to lift a finger they knew what they needed to do and did not need to bother me. Olympia is hands down THE BEST caterer in Tampa!

Sent on 06/06/2013

Melissa · Married on 04/06/2013

Taryn was wonderful! Everything went perfectly! The food was delicious and we also had several compliments from our guests! I would highly recommend olympia to anyone!

Sent on 04/09/2013

Sherri was so wonderful to work with. Everyone raved about the food all night long. I could not be happier with them!!

Sent on 04/03/2013