Olympia Catering & Events Reviews

265 | Tampa, FL

265 Reviews for Olympia Catering & Events

Shelly · Married on 12/05/2014

I just hired Olympia for my companies holiday party and the food and service was terrific! I had so many compliments of how delicious the food was at this event. I worked with Nancy and she is a true professional and knows her buisness. You will never forget the food you served at your event if you book with Olympia Caterering!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Rosie · Married on 11/30/2014

Olympia catering was the best I could had ask for. Taryn was always there for me when I needed and worked with us from the very beginning. She was very understanding and worked according to our budged and what we wanted. I can email email her or call with no problems and if she wasn't available she will get back with me promptly. I picked a package that included the all the food plus cake, linens , and chavari chairs!
    It made it easy to only deal with one vendor for all those things. The day of my wedding things went great and the food was amazing!!!
    I still hear from my guest about the food. The service was outstanding as well. Every employee from Olympia was great! I My wedding day was the best day ever and part of it had to do with having Olympia as my caterer.
    Thank you so much again!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Svetlana · Married on 11/15/2014

Olympia was wonderful to work with! Shari was very responsive and worked with us to make the perfect menu for our Serbian wedding! The food was DELICIOUS, the service fast and prompt and the wedding cake was a dream!!! I would highly recommend working with Olympia!

Sent on 12/01/2014

I am so thankful that I was able to work with Olympia for my wedding. It started out with a really fun tasting trial! They provided some incredible options for us to eat and pick from. Then we narrowed done our wedding menu.

We felt very excited and content with the final product. Everyone raved about the speciality mock-tail, the food, and the cake. I especially loved working with Darren Diaz. He was a perfectionist and on top of every little detail!

Sent on 01/28/2015

Shelby · Married on 11/09/2014

De-lish! The food was incredible. Everyone really enjoyed it and loved that our menu was a bit unique. I loved how they had such an extensive menu to choose from. The cake was the best wedding cake I've ever had. And Sherri was so helpful, friendly and easy to work with. Go to Olympia Catering!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Olympia Catering did a fantastic job at our recent wedding. We worked with Sheri, who was very personable and easy to work with. The day of the wedding the staff was professional and attentive; they brought appetizers and drinks to the bridal party while we were taking our photos, and made plates for my husband and I during the reception. The service was excellent. The food was delicious- I recommend the signature chicken. We got many compliments from our guests. I highly recommend Olympia Catering.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Ashley · Married on 10/11/2014

Nancy went above and beyond the call of duty as the Sales Manager for Olympia and calmed me down, gave me wonderful advice and reassured me that everything would be great. She even played interference on opinionated and demanding family members. She provided amazing recommendations on food and linen options and even set up a very last minute tasting for my mom. When it came time for the cake tasting, I was unable to attend and Debbie did an amazing job with my mom at the tasting. She gave excellent suggestions and helped me make a final decision.
    On the day of the ceremony I was blow away by the responsiveness of our banquet captain, Tina. During cocktail hour she introduced herself to my Husband and I and provided us with a plate of Hors d'oeuvre while we were getting our photos done. Tina made us feel like we were the only people that she was taking care of all night. She swapped our champagne for toasting to wine and beer (since we aren't champagne drinkers), made sure we got to-go meals for after the reception and even made a joke that if she wasn't able to wrap us up a meal that she would drive to McDonalds for us. She explained that brides and grooms never eat as much as they should, and inevitably end up hungry after the reception…She couldn't have been more right!! Those to- go meals were exactly what we needed later that night!!
    Aside from the amazing service we received from Nancy, Debbie and Tina- the food was wonderful as well. Everyone we spoke to that night was raving about the stuffed chicken and the filet. The red velvet cupcakes were amazing and hit the spot for my sweet tooth.
    On your wedding day, you don’t want to have a care in the world and I can honestly say that Nancy and Tina made sure that we didn't. Nancy and Tina were my angels and I know that night wouldn't have been the same if we did not have these ladies there to help.

Sent on 10/28/2014

alison · Married on 09/21/2014

We had a Olympia catering for our wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts. We had the most delicious food at our cocktail hour and reception. They created our beautiful wedding as well. All of our guests raved about how amazing the food was !

Sent on 11/14/2014

Michaela · Married on 09/20/2014

All I can say is WOW!!! Olympia has truly been an amazing company to work with! From the moment we started communicating with Olympia we were impressed with their professionalism, responsiveness and flexibility. They made our wedding day feel special and did not treat us like we were "just another wedding." Not only did they provide exceptional service, but their food was delicious! We looked at numerous catering companies and Olympia surpassed all of them! Our wedding reception was beautiful and the food and cake were great! Everything ran smoothly from start to finish. We are so thankful we chose Olympia, they do not disappoint!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Olympia catering was absolutely fantastic!! From the food to the service we were beyond pleased! Our wedding guests raved about how terrific the food was and how friend the staff was. The staff even brought out snacks for the kids at our wedding to cater more towards what they would like and to keep them busy. I also had one of the staff members help my bridesmaid bustle my dress. I wish I would have gotten her name to properly thank her for all that she did. Everyone was so friendly and attentive and they even packed me and my husband "to go" boxes from our dinner since we didn't really get a chance to eat. Thank you so much Olympia catering!!

Sent on 10/05/2014
  • O

Oleg & Inna · Married on 08/09/2014

What a wonderful experience with Olympia!!! From the initial consultation up to my wedding day I was their priority! Sherri was there for me making sure I get exactly what I want and making it all somehow fit into my budget!! yeah she's that good! What I loved the most was how they took care of me on my wedding day! I got my own personal waiter and She made sure I had something to eat before the reception, would make sure I had plenty of water and continually kept checking on me just to make sure I was doing OK. I loved that, the fact that someone was there taking care of me on my special day. The food was amazing, everything tasted amazing and my custom Wedding Cake turned out just like I had imagined it!! Thank You Sherri and Olympia for such a wonderful Experience!!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Alyssa · Married on 08/02/2014

We ordered our wedding cake through Olympia and it was nothing short of delicious. The cake turned out beautiful and exactly as I'd pictured. Debbie was easy to work with and incredibly kind. The value was one of the best I found in Tampa. They were reasonably priced and yet the cake was divine! So thanks to Olympia for our wonderful cake!

Sent on 08/23/2014

Great company and very professional. The food was excellent.

Sent on 01/03/2015

Carlie · Married on 07/13/2014

We are so grateful to Debbie Aaron for helping us create the perfect wedding cake - it exceeded our expectations, as it was both tasty and beautiful! Debbie also arranged for small plates of delicious bite-sized pastries on every table.

Sent on 07/26/2014

Excellent Service. The cake was beautiful
    and the were on time and prompt with delivery and setup.

Sent on 07/19/2014

Gayle · Married on 07/12/2014

I wish I could give these people higher than a 5!!! The wedding cake was the best wedding cake I have ever had and it was so beautiful!!! They are affiliated with the St. Petersburg Museum of Fine Arts. The food was absolutely the BEST!! We got so many compliments. We couldn't have asked for better servers. They were dedicated to making our daughter and son-in-law's wedding the best and it was! This is NOT your typical wedding banquet food. It is SOOOOO much more. Try their signature chicken. Melts in your mouth!!! They are the BEST!!!!!!!! Nancy, the coordinator through Olympia, helped our daughter and son-in-law through the process. We are very thankful for all of her hard work and dedication. She even came to the wedding. She didn't have to but she was there. Meant so much to us!!! A top notch vendor. I just don't think there is anyone out there better than Olympia!!!

Sent on 07/30/2014
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/05/2014

I used the Olympia delivery and drop off menu. We ordered the Bayshore Buffet. They arrived timely and placed the food in our warmers. The salad was fresh and delicious. The presentation of the food looked great. We ordered the Chicken Alfredo pasta, the guest enjoyed it , it was a tad bit oily (sauce) but it was good. We also ordered the upside down pineapple cake, can you say YUMMY; moist and simply delicious. Thank you Olympia.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Jessica · Married on 07/03/2014

Olympia Catering made my daughter's cake for her wedding that took place at Kapok Special Events on July 3rd, 2014. My daughter sketched her dream wedding cake and Debbie Aaron from Olympia catering made her dream come through. From the beautiful details, to the different flavors, that cake was the most beautiful cake I have ever seen.

Thank you Debbie! From Betty Calvo

Sent on 07/11/2014

Chris · Married on 06/07/2014

Olympia Catering was wonderful to work with from beginning to end. Taryn, Alison, and Sherry were delightful and so easy to work with.

My husband and I didn’t even bother checking out other caterers after our sample tasting; that’s how good their food is! You NEED to get their Signature Chicken and their Pasta Station, no question about it! I wish I could rate Olympia higher than 5 stars because they deserve it.

Don’t let me forget about their wedding cake; it was absolutely delicious! We ordered the yellow cake with guava as well as the white cake with strawberry…YUM! Debbie, outdid herself and brought my vision to life perfectly.

Everything was flawless! We’re still getting rave reviews from our family and friends two months later. Best wedding food ever!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Annie · Married on 05/30/2014

My guests were so impressed with the catering! Olympia did a wonderful job preparing food at our chosen wedding site. They even gave us the leftovers to take home and enjoy later. We worked with Darren who was amazing. The staff were friendly and professional. They were amazing to work with!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Monica · Married on 05/17/2014

My daughter Melissa and her husband Emmanuel had their ceremony and reception at the MFA St. Pete and we could not have been more pleased. Olympia Catering is the vendor for the site and they could not have done a better job!! Nancy was our main contact and she was also contracted as a "day of coordinator", perfect choice. We used the garden for the ceremony, terrace for cocktail hour, and main event space for reception - three great areas, all different and a few steps to each for the guest.

The food was phenomenal! Hors d'oeuvres came out on time and hot and serves were always there with more. The bride and groom choose three unique stations and each was delicious and a fun way for the guests to make their choices. This is hard to execute, but Chef Stuart pulled it off with a bang and Lisa and her team did a fantastic job as well.

As most of my family are "industry people" I was waiting to hear their reviews - nothing but excellent. Melissa and Emmanuel said their wedding went just the way they planned.

Hats off to the entire team at Olympia Catering and the MFA venue for making my daughters wedding an event to remember.
    Much Thanks,
    Monica (aka MOB)

Sent on 05/25/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/10/2014

The staff at Olympia were phenomenal. They were so attentive to us and our guests! Everyone was raving about the food all night. We could not have been happier with the entire evening. And to top it all off, their wedding cLe it the best we have ever had at a wedding!! Thank you for everything.

Sent on 05/16/2014

Olympia catered our daughters wedding. Sherri was wonderful to work with. The food was delicious, we are still getting comments on how good it was!! They went above and beyond to accommodate a guest with a gluten allergy.

Sent on 04/20/2014

Amy · Married on 04/12/2014

If I could give Olympia 10 stars I would. I highly highly recommend them. Their food is beyond amazing. They did everything I wanted - the exact dinner I wanted, 2 happy hours (Great bar staff thanks to Lundy's), amazing appetizers,delicious desserts (special requested) and a beautiful, scrumptious cake. They even handled all my decorating needs even centerpieces and flowers. I am so impressed by every aspect of Olympia. They were very patient with me and my decision making process, met with me several times and even set up sample tables for me to look at with multitude of linen samples I requested. Olympia is worth every penny. I had absolutely no worries and everything was perfect. I am still hearing compliments from my family and friends on how great the food was. Best wedding food ever!

Sent on 06/04/2014
  • tara

tara · Married on 04/12/2014

I cannot say enough great things about Olympia!!! (Our wedding actually took place on 10/11/2014, but I cannot change that for some reason)They surpassed our expectations and truly made our wedding amazing! We used Olympia for our catering and our cake...they are the complete package! When we had our tasting with Nancy, Amy and Marlene, we knew we had to hire them! the food was amazing and delicious at our trial and was the exact same on our wedding day. They prepare the food on location - even the filet mignons were seared and cooked on the spot! I cannot count how many time we heard "best wedding food ever" and the cake was equally as delicious and beautiful!! Now, on to the service...we felt like royalty! Marlene was absolutely on point the entire night and so was the rest of her team. We never had an empty drink or water glass, even while we were taking photos. She even had drinks and appetizers waiting for us, after we finished with the picture taking. Our guests were also commenting all night on how amazing the service was. I could go on and on singing the praises of Olympia Catering, but the bottom line is that you will be so incredibly happy, if you hire this team of catering professionals!!!! Unbelievable experience!

Sent on 10/20/2014