Olympia Catering & Events Reviews

265 | Tampa, FL

265 Reviews for Olympia Catering & Events

Sarah · Married on 04/23/2016

We used Olympia for our buffet at the reception. I can tell you if you're looking for a professional staff that caters to your guests, they are it. The little touches they made were excellent. From going through the buffet line for us and serving my groom and I, to bringing the hors d'oeuvres to our wedding party first during cocktail hour so they could eat during photos, they were amazing. Did I mention the linens they brought for our Tiffany blue color scheme were perfect? Just an outstanding job all around. We will definitely use them again for future catering needs.

My only critique would be we didn't use their bakery department for our wedding cake, but instead went with another vendor. This was due to the lady during our cake appointment kept making comments about how everything we said was "an extra cost" and we felt a little uncomfortable with her demeanor. But, I'm sure she makes incredible cakes...just wasn't the right fit for us. Overall, Olympia is perfection and will do everything they can to make sure you're stress free during your event!

Sent on 05/12/2016
  • teachthewurld

Jessica · Married on 04/01/2016

Wow. Where do I even start?? First I'll start with the service. I met Sherri at a bridal show and sampled their delicious Olympia Signature Chicken. It wasn't hard to convince my (now) hubby that they were the ones! The level of service we received was incredible. Sherri was there to help me navigate the menu and build something just for us. The day of the event Sherri made sure that we were completely taken care of by the amazing staff. Nothing was overlooked and I truly feel like our day wouldn't have happened without her. Now, the food. We picked some delicious sounding items and luckily had already tasted some of them at the bridal show. The day of the wedding our guests raved about the food. From the passed hors d'oeuvres to the signature chicken and salmon (even the veggies and potatoes were swoon worthy - per our vegetarians). I wish I could go back to that day for several reasons, if not JUST for the food. Also, I wish I could post photos here but I can't so I will just have to say that I have never seen a more beautifully decorated buffet. Sherri worked around our color scheme from the linens to the flowers and decor. It was absolutely perfect. We used their long family style tables and rented the chivari chairs. Everything came together so beautifully and it was thanks too Sherri and her team. Finally, our cake was part of the package and not only was it absolutely gorgeous, it was soooo good!!! I highly recommend Olympia. From beginning to end, working with Sherri and Olympia was hands down the best decision we made.

Sent on 06/10/2016

Our wedding was at the Museum of Fine Arts St. Pete and had Olympia for our catering.

I worked with Nancy directly and she was absolutely amazing! She was always so prompt to respond to emails and always so honest! They offer a great package deal so you don't have to worry about all the little details, the per person pricing was great, the food was awesome, and the team on the day of the wedding really made sure my husband and I were taken care of the whole night. It really is relief to know you can just have a great time at the wedding without having to worry about a thing.

Like I mentioned, the food was amazing- we went with Filet, Lemon Basil Mahi, Free Ranged Chicken and Vegetarian options. We did assigned seating to help get food out faster for more dancing later. Nancy suggested that and it worked great. Everyone loved the late night mini sliders -- it was a big hit! Also our wedding cake was stunning!

We had our cocktail hour in the gardens and reception in the marley room which was so elegant and perfect for our 130 guest size wedding!

Thank you Nancy and team for making our dream a reality!

Sent on 02/29/2016

Kelsey · Married on 01/02/2016

I have never had such good food at a wedding and that is what all of my guests said as well. There was not a bite left on a single plate! Olympia was very fleible with the amount of times I tried to rework the costs of the menu. They did everything that was asked of them and decorated to match my style perfectly without me een asking. Each staff member was profeional and overall fantastic! Would'nt trust anyone else for my wedding or event!

Sent on 01/07/2016
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 12/13/2015

The food was amazing! Enough said!
    Nancy was our main point of contact. She answered all my million emails promptly. She was very nice and personable on the phone. She triple checked everything to ensure she had all the details which allowed me to rest easy. The food was amazing! All our guests were raving and telling us how they’d had 2nds and 3rds. The mascarpone mashed potatoes are to die for!
    Debbie helped us with our wedding cake and design. Our cake was absolutely beautiful and equally delicious. I cried when I first saw the cake. It was more delicious than I remembered from our tasting. We had a lemon cake, custard filling, and buttercream icing. The cake was so moist. I wish I had more of it! The top tier is in the freezer now. I am tempted to thaw it out and eat it after only 2 weeks!
    Tata, the chef in charge at our event, was amazing! She is so pleasant and more than willing to make sure everything is to your liking. She personally served my husband and I at dinner. Even during our tasting she came out and introduced herself and wanted to make sure the food was exactly what we wanted. Tata was just outstanding! The support staff was very professional and attentive. They brought food and drinks for the bridal party while we took photos. My husband is a picky eater and they was able to accommodate him by giving him a requested cheeseburger and fries, which he said was one of the best burgers he had ever had. We were given taken home meals for after the wedding and my husband devoured his second cheeseburger in the hotel later that night. I only wish I could have eaten more food!

Sent on 12/22/2015

Tori · Married on 11/28/2015

My daughter and I would highly recommend Olympia catering. Taryn was amazing to work with and was so helpful during this whole process! The food and desserts were delicious and everyone who attended agreed! Taryn ensured that the staff onsite took care of all my needs as well as all of our guests.

Sent on 12/07/2015

The food is delicious! We used Olympia for our food and wedding cake. Normally when I go to weddings I feel the food is mediocre but Olympia's food was outstanding!! Their servers made sure all the guests were taken care of. So many people have asked who catered the wedding because the food was so delicious.

Sent on 10/30/2015
  • Jordancm17

Chantelle · Married on 10/18/2015

​My husband, Andrew and I had our wedding at the Kapok Special Events on 10/18/2015 and we were VERY satisfied with Olympia Catering and their amazing cake maker Debbie Aaron . From the start Sheri was prompt to answer all of our questions throughout the whole process. She was extremely personable and easy to talk to. I was really impressed on how Debbie was able to reflect the EXACT vision I was wanting for my wedding cake and how quickly she would respond to reassure me that the cake was going to be perfect. DEBBIE WAS RIGHT!! Everything was GORGEOUS because of this talented woman!! The cake was even BETTER then I could have imagined. Debbie knows exactly what each of her Brides need and want on the most important day of their lives. The food selection and quality that Olympia has to offer was OUTSTANDING!! Not to mention, the catering service itself was fantastic as well. The team was on top of everything and right on schedule. That being said, Andrew and I HIGHLY recommend Olympia Catering & Events to any couple who is finding themselves sifting through all the Catering Companies out there offering their services......ESPECIALLY if you are looking for quality food and service. I PROMISE that you will be VERY pleased with Olympia Catering & Events and their cake maker Debbie Aaron, as your caterer and the beautiful cake that Debbie creates. As the Bride, I felt very grateful and blessed to have found this company because they are TRULY AMAZING!! :0)

Sent on 11/10/2015

Hayden & Brett · Married on 09/06/2015

Olympia Catering was absolutely amazing!! We had a buffet style dinner with the signature chicken which was to die for! We did the tasting and planning with Sheri who was remarkable. She worked with our budget and accommodated my requests. I wanted a buffet style dinner but it was so much better than a table of food- the buffet table was decorated beautifully, the food presentation was lovely and their staff serves the guests. Marlene was our captain at the wedding and she was awesome!! She took such great care of my husband and I, as well as the bridal party and our families! Marlene brought us food from the cocktail hour while we were taking formal pictures and brought a plate to the bridal party! She served my husband and I dinner, brought us drinks all night, brought us our cake slices, you name it! She was an angel. The great thing about Olympia is that they handle the coordination of your wedding with the other vendors making it a seamless night of events. It's such a great feeling to leave your wedding in the hands of great vendors. Olympia not only blew us away with the food, but with their service and professionalism as well. Don't waste your time with other caterers in the area- you're in the best hands with Olympia!

Sent on 09/21/2015

I won a FREE groom's while attending a wedding show. Olympia was very accommodating with my custom design. I was charged a small fee for decorative elements.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Katie · Married on 08/01/2015

Amazing! Food, staff, and execution was great! Sherri was very accommodating and took the time to really make sure we got everything we wanted. Debbie was also excellent and the cake turned out beautiful. Could not be happier with this vendor. Even made sure joe and I had a to go bag of food before we left.

Sent on 08/02/2015

kirstin · Married on 06/20/2015

I can guaranty that I did NOT have "Wedding Food" at my wedding. I was SO happy with the food that we were served. The cake was SO delicious. The catering staff was so helpful and were willing to do anything that I requested, even changing my menu just a month before. They met with me and made sure I was happy. I was so happy when people were talking about the food and how wonderful it was. I love that I was able to serve GOOD food!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Melinda · Married on 06/13/2015

We couldn't have dreamed of a better caterer - we're seriously hoping for other excuses to have them cater for us!..renewal of vows every 6 months? They were on point the entire evening - not only was the food + cake exquisite (we received so many compliments!), but the service was above & beyond attentive.

SERVICE/PROFESSIONALISM: Impeccable. My husband and I felt like we were treated better than royalty. The wedding party was also never left unattended - we were always watered/beer/fed - this was critical in FLORIDA/JUNE. They set up all our centerpieces, favors, and helped us achieve everything we had envisioned. They were very in tune with every detail, to the point where they would have an answer for things before we even realized we should have been concerned - i.e. I made my own cascading bouquet, so prior to the bouquet toss, they created a small bouquet for me to toss using my extra flowers, so that I did not have to ruin my bouquet. They made sure we were not hungry - we had our food plated served, & to-go boxes prepared.

RESPONSIVENESS: It was difficult to get ahold of Olympia early in our planning process, but they were very organized and helpful in planning overall. We never had questions left unanswered or unclear. The responsiveness of the staff on the day of the wedding more than made up for difficulty getting in touch with them previously.

VALUE: As people who love cooking ourselves, we were salivating by the descriptions of each dish...just seeing ingredients like shallots & prosciutto was a good sign. The taste of the food exceeded description/imagination! At the wedding, it matched that of the tasting, despite being created on a much larger scale, & buffet-style instead of plated (& because they were efficient, the guest all had warm food!).

Cake - perfect - moist (but not wet/soggy), with fresh strawberries and cheesecake filling that tasted better than some of the stand-alone cheesecakes I have had! And beautiful!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Kristin · Married on 05/24/2015

Olympia Catering was so amazing on our big day. They were very accommodating with the menu and worked with us on our budget to get the most out of every dollar. Their prices were better than others in town and their food was just as great, if not better. On our wedding day they set up everything perfectly, my husband and I had our very own server, and the food was amazing. We had a buffet set up and the line moved very quickly. All of the staff members were friendly and professional. I HIGHLY recommend Olympia Catering & Events for your big day!!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Kathryn · Married on 05/09/2015

LOOK NO FURTHER!!! 10 STARS!!!!
    We got married at the Ca’d’Zan Mansion at the Ringling Museum, and I could not have chosen a better caterer for my wedding!! Taryn was absolutely FABULOUS!! From the food, the linens, to the wedding day timeline, she made the whole planning process a breeze. She was very prompt, patient, flexible, and organized. She understood my theme and was able to make wonderful suggestions that added that extra touch I was looking for. She truly cares about making your day special; and her and her staff will go out of their way to make sure everything runs smoothly.

The day of the wedding, Taryn and her staff were EXCEPTIONAL!! The ceremony and reception were set up to perfection! Once the ceremony was over, even while taking pictures they made sure the wedding party got to partake in the appetizers and drinks; and then into the reception my husband and I had our toasting glasses full and our plates already made so we had a chance to eat as soon as we sat down. The entire staff was neat, clean and organized- not once did I see a dirty plate left on the table. This company’s standards are TOP NOTCH and they present nothing but EXCELLENCE!!

The food was PHENOMENAL and we continue to get compliments regarding the food even weeks after the wedding! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND OLYMPIA CATERING and will definitely use them in the future!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Christine · Married on 05/02/2015

By far one of the best vendor choices I made. So easy to work with. Helpful, responsive and very kind. The food was beyond fantastic and was restaurant quality even at our farm location about 45 minutes from town. Wonderful experience all the way around!

Sent on 05/04/2015

stephanie · Married on 04/25/2015

I'm truly speechless when I'm speaking about this company, the food was mouth watering through each bite. My cake was absolutely beautiful, I am truly speechless

Sent on 07/21/2015

Ashley · Married on 03/14/2015

Olympia catered our wedding at The Dali Museum and we could not have been happier with them. We worked with Taryn to set the menu. Our reception was later so we went with all hors d'oeuvres. Taryn did a fantastic job coming up with a mixture of light finger foods and heavier station options. Before we began the photos, Taryn and her team brought us food and made sure we were taken care of. Marlene was our banquet head at the wedding and she was fantastic! She made sure my husband and I ate. She was very attentive to both us and our families the entire night. They packed us to-go boxes of all the food to take with us. Taryn and her team went above our expectations.

Sent on 04/16/2015

Lisa · Married on 03/08/2015

If we could give Olympia 10 Stars we would!! We cannot thank Olympia enough for their incredible food and service for our wedding!!! Working with Sheri was as easy as pie (no pun intended!) and they truly made our wedding reception ABSOLUTE PERFECTION!! The bartenders and service staff was absolutely amazing, everyone had a drink in hand and never had to wait in a super long or slow line. They were friendly, fast, and accommodating, and especially helpful to our guests with challenges or special needs. They brought drinks and food to us and our wedding party while we were taking our photos during cocktail hour, and as soon as our dinner stations were opened, they delivered plates of everything to our sweetheart table so we could relax and eat our first dinner together.
    Our wedding food was DELICOUS!! All of our guests complimented us on how good the food and service was, over and over again!! And as a bride, that is one thing you need to have a successful event! From cocktails, to appetizers, our stations for our main course, and our kickass wedding Cake, it could not have been better!!! They took in any special requests that we had, and made sure we were completely satisfied with how everything turned out. We HIGHLY recommend Olympia for all of your catering needs!! Thanks again!! – Lisa & Paul Karrat, March 8,2015

Sent on 04/20/2015
  • AndreaMartinez

Andrea · Married on 02/21/2015

Olympia was amazing! We had the pleasure of working with the owner Darren Diaz for our wedding catering. He was so great to work with, so professional, and he knew exactly what we wanted and executed it fully. The food was amazing! We went with a buffet with their Signature Chicken, which was so delicious. We received so many compliments on the food. We also had ribeye steak, roasted potatoes, and veggies... All great! We also added a pasta station, which was cool because guests could customize their dish. Olympia also made our cake. I have them a picture of how I wanted it and they made look exactly like the picture. We went with yellow cake with cheesecake filling on one tier and red velvet with cream cheese filling on the others. It was soooooo delicious!!! I would highly recommend working with Olympia for catering and cake!

Sent on 03/08/2015

kelli · Married on 02/14/2015

Olympia Catering if just the best hands down. I cannot tell you how many compliments we received on the food. The one that I agree with and got the most was “It was the best food at a wedding I’ve ever had.” The sushi table was a HUGE hit!!! We also had apps like grilled cheese bites and tomato soup shots, which were also a guest favorite, along with the mash potato bar!!! The staff is also top notch. They were nice enough to bring some apps to where I was getting my dress bustled and also sent us home with some food! I had my wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts in St. Pete, so didn’t have a choice of caterer but I would choose them in a heartbeat! I give 5 stars to everything else that was included in my package like the lines, china & chairs. I hired Nancy as my day of coordinator and everything was taken care of, organized, and decorated just how I wanted. …. Now to the cake Our wedding was on Valentine’s Day so we thought a red velvet cake was the perfect flavor and happens to be my husband’s favorite. He’s very picky about his red velvet and said it was the best red velvet cake he’s ever had. The cake was just as Debbie, with Olympia Catering, sketched it. It was modeled after my wedding dress and looked amazing. Usually wedding cakes just look nice- this one actually tasted like heaven!!! We got leftovers which we are still defrosting and eating. We’ll save the topper (if my husband doesn’t get his hands on it earlier) for our anniversary.

Sent on 03/13/2015
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 02/07/2015

We dealt with Amy who was a dream to work with. Very accommodating and flexible when it came to what we wanted and needed. The food was incredible, everyone raved about it for days after.

The servers were very efficient and friendly. They help set up decor as part of their services which is extremely helpful.

Sent on 02/09/2015

Rachel · Married on 01/24/2015

Olympia was amazing! They had the best customer service, best food and best prices. We had the fried goat cheese balls, Thai chicken skewers, spanakopita for apps, Olympia chicken, braised short ribs, mars spine mashed potatoes and strawberry salad for dinner and it was all amazing. Our guests all had great (unsolicited!) reviews of the food. Highly recommended them! And the cake is included! Huge money saver!

Sent on 04/01/2015

Amanda · Married on 01/03/2015

From the very beginning they were very helpful and willing to work with us. We were on a tight budget but still not only wanted to feed our guests but wanted it to still be great! They were able to work within our price budget and it give us something delicious and amazing. The food and wedding cake were just as we wanted and imagined. The service they gave from start to finish was exceptionally great! The day of our wedding they made sure we had all we needed and were on top of it all. I highly recommend them for all your catering needs especially one of the most important days of your life such as your wedding!

Sent on 01/08/2015
  • Cathy

Cathy · Married on 12/30/2014

I could go on forever about how amazing Olympia made my wedding day! Beyond food even! Sherri did such a great job putting everything together. A month later, I still keep hearing from my guests how AMAZING the chicken was. They didn't just provide food service and linens, they offered to set up my personal DIY decor, including several Christmas trees!!

Sherri went above and beyond what I had even expected, to match my Christmas theme, she had set many floral arrangements, red votives and birch logs on the buffet table. I asked for a candy table instead of a grooms cake because my husband is obsessed with candy, all kinds. He even had specific candies he wanted her to retrieve, very specific, poor Sherri. She delivered, the candy table was a HUGE hit, after the open bar of course, haha.

I completely and totally recommend Olympia Catering if you want a hard working crew that will wait on you hand and foot like you are a Queen the night of your wedding! They treat you like you are the most important person in the room and you deserve it!

Sent on 02/13/2015