Old Sturbridge Village Reviews

Old Sturbridge Village 5
Old Sturbridge Village 6
Old Sturbridge Village 7

Crosby · Married on 10/15/2018

Perfect Intimate Wedding (52 guests)

My wedding at Old Sturbridge Village was everything I dreamed of. It was the perfect intimate fall New England feeling in a unique venue. My guests loved it, the scenery and pictures were gorgeous, and it was extremely affordable. Lise went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect- I highly recommend them!

Old Sturbridge Village 8
    Old Sturbridge Village 9
    Old Sturbridge Village 10

Caroline · Married on 09/08/2018

wonderful and helpful

They were wonderful. The location is beautiful. They handled all of our wedding day details. We were able to relax and enjoy the day!

Mariah Eldredge · Married on 09/02/2018

Beautiful and charming

We had a wonderful wedding at Old Sturbridge Village.

The planning process was very easy; they are very supportive of special requests (we have a lot of allergies and had several disabled guests) and overall made everything painless. There was no need to coordinate a caterer, decorator, table rentals, etc as with some other venues I looked at; this was something I hadn't considered before jumping into planning but I definitely appreciated the convenience. Having someone to walk you through the process is great.

The Village is beautiful and scenic, and made for gorgeous photos. The setting was also fantastic for our guests. We have heard from many people that they loved how unique the venue was, and how much fun they had exploring the Village over the weekend. I also appreciated how helpful everyone was; all of the staff was amazing. One of the highlights of the day was when my new husband and I headed up to the bridal suite after photos for a moment of peace and quiet, and we were brought a tray of appetizers. It was a great way to catch our breath before the whirlwind of the rest of the night!

I also really appreciated the fact that we were able to have the ceremony and reception at the same location; we had a very large wedding and I didn't want to make everyone drive to multiple locations. I found very few venues in the area who had ceremony and reception spaces that were separate and nice. The opportunity to have a horse drawn carriage ride to get from ceremony to reception was an amazing plus!

Overall, this was a great location, even for people who aren't "into" the historical aspects. Just as a backdrop for the day it is a pleasant and pretty setting. I am very "into" the historical and farm components, and was so very thrilled to have costumed greeters directing guests, and wedding photos with a cow in the background. We had a wonderful day, and I know our guests will surely remember it!

Alyssa · Married on 08/31/2018

A dream come true

Our guests are still talking about how much they enjoyed our wedding and how it was unlike any one that they have been to before. Between the beautiful rustic theme, the horse drawn carriages and the amazing photo opportunities - it certainly was a dream come true.

Ben · Married on 08/18/2018

We really can't say enough about how great OSV was. From start to finish Denise was there guiding us along and making everything as manageable and flexible as possible. In terms of looks you really can't beat the aesthetics here. What was especially great was that even though we wanted to do an outdoor wedding, OSV could provide us with a fantastic rain location should the weather turn bad (which it did--but hey, it all worked out!). The cost for the facilities and food were a lot better than anything else in the area--we couldn't have found a better bang for our buck if we tried. Denise, thanks a thousand for helping us through the process. To Lisa and the whole rest of the team who made the day of sail along swimmingly, thank you so much. We couldn't recommend OSV more.

kaitlyn · Married on 05/12/2018

Exceptional .....
    Best time ever??! They staff treats you like royalty, the food is exceptional, and the venue magnificent.
    Words cannot express our appreciation for all they did to make our day wonderful. Thank you to Lise, Adam, Chad and all the staff. ??
    P.S. The Mother’s Day Brunch was extraordinary!

Eric · Married on 04/28/2018

Our wedding on 4/28/18 went absolutely perfect. Planning a wedding is a lot of work, but OSV made everything very easy! It was an affordable venue and completely full service. Adam was our coordinator and was super responsive to any questions we had. I am glad we had him to assist us every step of the way. All of the staff was accomodating to all of our needs. We had our wedding ceremony in the Parsonage Barn which was rustic and all the guests loved it. We did the reception next door in the Bullard Tavern. We felt that had more the look and feel we were going for compared to the Oliver Wight Tavern. After the ceremony we did the musket gun salute which was worth every penny and enjoyed by our guests. We used Francesco’s for our cake and it was amazing. Everyone commented how delicious the cake was. The food was equally delicious and also received rave reviews from our guests. I have a dairy allergy and was able to get my meal and the cake all dairy free. The Old Sturbridge Inn books up early and fast, so if you are planning to block rooms there I recommend doing it the day you sign the contract with OSV. Thank you OSV for making our wedding day incredibly memorable, special, and perfect! -EM&DM 4/28/18

Old Sturbridge Village 11
    Old Sturbridge Village 12
    Old Sturbridge Village 13
    Old Sturbridge Village 14

Julianna · Married on 04/14/2018

The whole wedding planning process went so smoothly and stress-free because of the high quality of communication and attention we got from our coordinator Denise. We used the venue for the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception. Our wedding was on April 14, 2018 and it went perfectly. The venue is beautiful, the food is amazing, the staff goes above and beyond, and the pricing is phenomenal. Our guests are still raving about the horse drawn carryall, the musket firing, the food... There has not been a single complaint. Everything was unique for our wedding day and that's what we had been looking for. The day was perfect. Sam and Julie MacConnell 4.14.18

Ticiana · Married on 03/31/2018

I really appreciate everything that Lise and her team provided to my reception. I truly recommend the place and service. An amazing day in a gorgeous place full of history and love.

Ticiana Townsend

Old Sturbridge Village 15
    Old Sturbridge Village 16

Melissa · Married on 12/02/2017

Everyone was so helpful and courteous. Everything was beautiful and a dream come true. We are so happy with the choice of having our wedding at old Sturbridge village and couldn’t imagine it being anywhere else. From the carriage rides to the Christmas trees to the food. Everything was perfect!

Lindsay · Married on 11/24/2017

Magical, romantic, unique. That is what you get with Old Sturbridge Village. It's not just the place you go to in elementary school. The backdrop for our ceremony and reception was amazing for photos and just pure fun for our guests. Get the carryall ride- it was a highlight of the night for family. My groom still comments on the musket firing- it was such a fun element. That and candlelit walkways just adds so much romance to the night. The food is incredible- highly recommend the chicken and short ribs! We opted for a private carriage ride after the ceremony at night which was just perfect. All of the staff are true professionals and just very warm & welcoming. Literally we were taking photos and staff were congratulating us everywhere we went. Lise who helped us look at OSV and made our venue decision so easy was extremely responsive and easy to work with. We also did our rehearsal dinner at OSV at the Bullard Tavern with Heartside Bounty- the food was fantastic. There was stories and music from the time era that our family and guests treasured. We will never forget this special day. Seth& Lindsay MacIntosh 11/24/17

Old Sturbridge Village 17

Julie · Married on 11/11/2017

I worked with Lise Soper, who was professional and friendly from the start until end. Very responsive to any questions I had via email, very organized, and easy to work with. The location (Bullard Tavern) is beautiful to begin with, we didn't need much (if any) additional decorations at all. The rustic decor shines through on its own. The dinner was way above average for wedding reception food. I had a guest who brought a +1 without RSVP, but the managing team was 100% accommodating and took care of it without skipping a beat. Would definitely recommend OSV to anyone looking for a low-key, relaxing, rustic and beautiful venue.

Janet · Married on 11/03/2017

If you are thinking about using OSV. Just do it. Everything was amazing. Food is wonderful. I emailed Denis aleast once a week. She was always great at answering my questions. It was a fairy tale wedding from beginning to end. It’s very different from using a plain boring hall. So call email for a tour. Your will not regret going.

Old Sturbridge Village 18
    Old Sturbridge Village 19
    Old Sturbridge Village 20

Sydney · Married on 10/28/2017

We absolutely loved this venue and couldn’t have been more pleased. The staff was more than accomodating and went above and beyond including remembering who we were at brunch the next day. They were always there to answer questions and stop any disasters from happening. I couldn’t be happier with the food and the general setting for our pictures. Hands down I couldn’t have pictured a better day!!!

Old Sturbridge Village 21
    Old Sturbridge Village 22
    Old Sturbridge Village 23

Jessica · Married on 10/28/2017

My husband and I chose OSV because we fell in love with the location as well as the food! Being reenactors ourselves, we appreciated the setting (which is beautiful year-round). The staff there are amazing and really attentive and accommodating, we had a slight hiccup where we couldn't find our photographer on the day of the wedding and the staff called him immediately. If there was a need at all before, during or after there was someone there to help! We really were blessed to have such support. I recommend every person I see to hold either an event there or a wedding. Super affordable and just a wonderful experience overall! ~ Jessica & Jase Gorton 28Oct2017

Old Sturbridge Village 24

Laura · Married on 10/21/2017

Lise was AMAZING! As was everyone from OSV that helped with the wedding. The woman who was bartending also served us brunch the next morning (they reserved a room for any of our wedding guests coming for brunch, free of charge). She was phenomenal. Friendly, personable, quick, and inventive. The location was simply beautiful. It was so nice the day of being able to let go of all the details I had obsessed over for months and be able to trust that they will take care of them. They went above and beyond.

Kayla · Married on 10/13/2017

I can’t say enough good about our OSV wedding. We had our ceremony in the Parsonage Barn and our reception at the Oliver Wight Tavern. Literally everything was taken care of, and there was not one moment of stress or doubt all day. Adam took care of every little detail, right down to putting beer in my husband’s champagne flute because he doesn’t like champagne. All of our guests were blown away by the entire night. We couldn’t have picked anywhere better for our Friday the 13th wedding. The best part was open access to the village all day for pictures. The village is stunning and our pictures came out amazing. I can’t thank them enough. KH- 10/13/2017

E · Married on 10/13/2017

Such a great experience! The team at OSV made the process easy, stress free and beautiful. Price was reasonable and service was excellent. Would highly recommend.

Old Sturbridge Village 25
    Old Sturbridge Village 26
    Old Sturbridge Village 27
    Old Sturbridge Village 28

Lysa · Married on 10/08/2017

Our wedding was everything that ever wanted and more. The venue is beautiful We had a nighttime wedding and the candle light and lanterns made it more romantic than I thought possible. The horse and carriage rides were a great touch (and saved my feet!). The tavern for cocktail hour wa the best decision we made. The staff was friendly and ttentive. I felt like a princess. It was the best day of my life!

Old Sturbridge Village 29
    Old Sturbridge Village 30
    Old Sturbridge Village 31
    Old Sturbridge Village 32

Jason · Married on 09/24/2017

I wish I could give Old Sturbridge Village six stars. My husband and I felt like part of the OSV family from the first day we arrived on site. Our first-rate coordinator, Adam Garvey, anticipated all our needs, was endlessly patient and supportive throughout the process, and had lots of great ideas and advice to help make the day as magical as we wanted it to be. Food was delicious. So were the drinks (hats off to our fabulous bartender Michelle), the costumed greeters, the location in general, really it was the perfect day and a great experience. Thank you OSV! Wedding date 9/24/17

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/09/2017

We had an amazing wedding day. Adam was an amazing coordinator. We had a beautiful brunch wedding on 9-9-17 and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! We had so many compliments on the food. Everyone told us how unique and special the venue was. The ceremony in the town garden was exactly what I pictured. And the carry all was a great treat for us and our guests.

Old Sturbridge Village 33
    Old Sturbridge Village 34
    Old Sturbridge Village 35
    Old Sturbridge Village 36
    Old Sturbridge Village 37

k · Married on 09/02/2017

Denise and her team did an amazing job for our wedding. The candle lit room and amazing food was exactly what we were looking for! Their professionalism through the entire process was on point and they were very responsive to questions and ideas! We loved every minute of our special day there and truly recommend it to others looking for a romantic/rustic wedding!

Alyssa · Married on 08/19/2017

I got married on 8/19/17 and it was everything I could ask for and more! Denise was such a dream, she was so accommodating and was so helpful. I got so many compliments on the venue and the food. I will absolutely be back to visit my wedding venue and I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who asks! A dream day I will never forget!!

Lorna · Married on 08/19/2017

What a wonderful experience. It was a perfect day. The staff were so supportive in planning the wedding. They took such good care of all of the arrangements. They were helpful and kind to our guests. We could not have had a better experience!! Everything was perfect. If I could I'd do it all over again. I highly recommend Old Sturbridge Village for a special function of any sort. Additionally I have used OSV for team building exercises for work. They have always done an outstanding job in meeting or exceeding my expectations. Thank you soooooo much