Old Red Museum Reviews

Old Red Museum 5
Old Red Museum 6
  • Brandijnell

Brandi · Married on 05/27/2011

Our experience with Old Red was fantastic! It was my dream venue and I am still so happy we got married there! We worked with Ashlee V. and she was fabulous. Here are my top reasons that I loved it as my wedding venue: its historic architecture, the beautiful staircase, the gorgeous tiled floors; having access to the venue the entire day of the wedding for set-up, and having our ceremony and reception in the same building made it super easy for guests and the logistics of the entire event! :)

Sent on 06/30/2011

Jennifer · Married on 01/23/2011

Old Red was an easy choice for me because of the gorgeous architecture, central location, and catering flexibility. The Restoration Room was the perfect size for my small wedding, and the price was incredible! The fact that they didn't book any other event on the fourth floor that day made us feel so special, and the Old Red had staff holding my hand every step of the way with the caterer, at the rehearsal, at setup and throughout the day of the wedding. I cannot imagine being wed elsewhere!

Sent on 02/01/2011

Ginny · Married on 12/26/2010

We absolutely LOVED Old Red! The venue is beautiful! Everyone that we worked with was very helpful along the way. We had April the day of the wedding to help coordinate and she was amazing! She made sure to check with me before things were changed and made sure I was happy. She helped moved the ceremony/reception along and when I said I wanted it to start on time she made sure that happened. This is definitely THE place to get married in Dallas.

Sent on 01/03/2011

Jacquelyn · Married on 12/03/2010

This venue was absolutely everything i wanted in a wedding venue. You get the entire fourth floor, which includes your ceremony room and a separate large reception area. The outside is beautiful and looks like a Castle, and the staircase inside is beautiful for photos. They were very friendly and helpful with everything and did everything in thier power to make my wedding perfect! And it was!

Sent on 01/21/2011
  • Z

Sarah · Married on 09/19/2010

I had the most wonderful experience with Old Red. Not only is the venue gorgeous and a piece of Dallas history the staff really went out of thier way to make my wedding special. Linda (who is no longer there) and April spent lots of time with me going over my questions and helped to plan the perfect floor plan for my wedding.

The day of my wedding my step dad had an issue with his tux that caused him and my mom to be delayed. Morgan stepped in and really helped to save the day. She was so sweet, helpful and wonderful to work with. My family, wedding party and I all adore her. I really do not know what I would have done without her that day.

The facility is gorgous and has so much to offer from dancing to quiet areas...I received so many complements from my guests. I am so glad I selected Old Red as my wedding venue...I am an extremely happy bride.

Sent on 10/08/2010

T. · Married on 08/21/2010

Old Red provided us with the perfect setting for our ceremony and reception. The staff did a fantastic job showing us the hundreds of different possible set-ups for our reception ballroom. Having the ceremony in the same location immediately prior to the reception provided our guests the conveniece of not having to travel from place to place. Also, being located right in the heart of downtown made it easy for our guest to get to from the dozens of hotels located within walking distance.

Sent on 03/20/2011

Jamie · Married on 03/14/2010

We had our wedding here on a Sunday because when we booked it they had an amazing special going on for a Sunday wedding. I worked mostly with April who was incredibly helpful and always quick to respond! Our coordinators the day of were also awesome and very helpful.
    We looked at soooo many venues before choosing this one, we wanted a good price, good looks, and most important was a ceremony and reception location in one place and in different rooms. When booked you get the entire 4th floor so you have so much room to play with and the guests never feel cramped. There’s a kitchen, ceremony room, brides room, huge reception room, and a courtroom (which was fun to take pictures in). The building itself is breathtaking and such a landmark in downtown that when you tell people that you are getting married there, the response is always “No way, how cool!!” Old Red really has everything that a bride is looking for, I highly recommend them!

Sent on 03/17/2010

Dr. & Mrs. Jim · Married on 10/24/2009

If you are so lucky to have your special date available for booking at the Old Red Museum (courthouse) our family would suggest to secure your date with ORM immediately! We have heard horror stories of brides and their parents using venues that came up with last minute surprises or last minute mistakes that put a damper on the evening but that will never be the case with Linda Murrdock and her staff at the Old Red Museum. We had the perfect reception and it was perfect because of the professional and reliable staff there! We really enjoyed our daughter's wedding and we have beautiful memories to last a lifetime!

Thank you is not enough to say to all the good people at Old Red Museum. We have planned lots of events over the years but none as important as our daughter's wedding and none were as excellently executed without problems as it was at Old Red! Helpful,enjoyable,and professional are just a few words to describe our experience with the Old Red Museum and staff. We would never hesitate to recommend Old Red Museum for a venue!

Sent on 10/27/2009

Shan · Married on 06/19/2009

Such a beautiful building, and your photos will reflect it! Brittany and Linda were so great to work with, answered all my questions, always made me feel comfortable and they give you a lot of flexibility to be creative with your day. I can not imagine anywhere else that we could have had our wedding ceremony and reception, it was perfect.

Sent on 07/14/2009

Rebekah · Married on 05/24/2009

Wonderful! Brittany and Linda were such great help! They always responded very quickly to emails and were very thorough in working out details. They were also willing to work with me on everything. The venue is beautiful and the floor plan works really well for larger weddings (They do have different rooms for smaller ones too) There are SO many great photo opportunities in the building as well as around it. It is also a great value as you can bring in your own alcohol, which makes an open bar affordable. I was very pleased with the venue and HIGHLY recommend it.

Sent on 06/17/2009
  • newlywed4

Nikki · Married on 04/24/2009

We picked this venue for ceremony/reception because it was historical and beautiful. With lots of out of town guests visiting Texas for the first time it was prime location for lots of sight seeing and had a museum right inside. We booked the whole building including the museum, this was a great idea because our guests walked thorough te museum during cocktail hour while we got our pictures taken. A great way to keep them occupied! Brittany was so fabulous, she answered all my questions, took care of everything on time and made the process stress free. When I found this building I was so excited, it was perfect! A castle in dallas :) It has the best decor inside that goes with any colors. Don't book until you at least visit this place, it has so much charm.

Sent on 07/16/2009

April · Married on 10/26/2008

The Staff did a great job.

Sent on 11/16/2008

Sarah · Married on 06/21/2008

The Old Red Courthouse was extremely flexible with letting us use candles, dance floors, mood lighting, leaving things there the night before...
    The ladies were very friendly and always wrote right back when I had a question.
    The atmosphere is fun, open, and has great views of downtown Dallas.

Sent on 07/16/2008

Meredith · Married on 05/25/2008

I loved having our wedding and reception here! I was wanting to do something other than the church/country club wedding and this was SO PERFECT & unique! Really such a gorgeous location. The wedding coordinators there are wonderful and will really help work with you to come up with ideas! Our guests were truly wowed by the look and feel of Old Red and we are STILL hearing over and over that it was"the most beautiful wedding I have ever been to..." We had our wedding on the Sunday evening of Memorial Day weekend and we got the venue at half price so look into Friday night and Sun. night weddings to save some $$! Really, if you are looking for something unique and gorgeous I couldnt recommend Old Red enough!

Sent on 08/07/2008

ashley · Married on 12/31/2007

This place allowed soooo much bang for our buck... the only downfall would be the lack of free parking. But it was sooo worth the cost, and the fact they we could have the entire museum was awesome

Sent on 01/07/2008

Amazing venue!! Ceremony and reception were both beautiful, and the guests LOVED having the museum open in between! It was an honor for us to hold our wedding at such an iconic and historic piece of Dallas! The staff was great and were very helpful with planning tips and decoration ideas. They have a list of recommended vendors that we found very useful! The only hiccup in our experience with Old Red was that we were told that someone on staff could hang some of our decorations on a beam for a small cost, but when we got there, they said they couldn't do it. We were able to hang it ourselves, but the miscommunication was a little disappointing. Otherwise, it was a wonderful experience, and we are thrilled that we chose Old Red!

Sent on 03/18/2016

We loved our reception at Old Red Museum. We were looking for a venue that was central and offered something unique to Dallas for all our out-of-town guests, and the museum was perfect. The views of downtown and the Trinity river are stunning and the ballroom is a beautiful space that requires very little in the way of decorating. Casey was wonderful to work with, very responsive and flexible. Our family and friends could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue and reception were. Old Red also provides a list of preferred caterers which allowed us some flexibility in finding food and bar service to suit our style and budget.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Summer · Married on 10/04/2014

My parents and I were sold the minute we walked into the ceremony room. Big windows along two walls let in enough natural light that we didn't have any lights on during the ceremony. The reception hall is also beautiful with large windows lining 3 walls. The staff there is very nice and helpful, even though they do not act as wedding coordinators or planners they have lots of great advice for planning your wedding. We worked with both Laurence and Casey and they were great. They allow you to use their tables & chairs and you can pay a little extra to rent a dance floor and the Museum Floor of the building (we had guests down there for a cocktail hour). However, we were disappointed that we were unable to use the courtroom as a "get ready" area - we were told this when we signed our contract, but the rules changed before the wedding day. We still got to take pictures there which was fun. The rooms available for the bridal party and grooms party are nice, but small. Especially the groom room. The beauty of the space does make up for this though AND you get the fourth floor to yourself for the entire day! They only book one event per day. We got lots of compliments on this venue.

Sent on 06/02/2015
  • I

Ivana · Married on 02/16/2014

Old Red was the perfect location for my wedding!
    I was so frustrated and actually looked at over 10 venues!
    Old Red is wonderful for both ceremony and reception. Parking is very convenient for guest and doesn't cost a fortune (which is great, considering it's in Dallas)
    They have a beautiful bridal suite that has wonderful lighting and two bathrooms.
    The event staff was wonderful to work with and was able to answer all of my questions.
    The day of the wedding, their staff watched our bridal suite like a hawk and made sure all of our personal belongings were safe. It was fantastic.

The reception has these awesome corner rooms that can be multi-purpose: Kid's room, Bar, photo booth. It is also a wonderful view of Dallas.

Please note: The restroom is one floor down from the reception and ceremony area. Although, our guest did not mind, because it wasn't difficult to get to.

Sent on 03/10/2014
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 10/29/2011

Old Red is amazing! We truly lucked out finding this place. We had a place booked originally that fell through, and luckily, Old Red had a cancellation. Ashlee is extremely professional and really enjoys what she does. The venue is beautiful and was perfect for a one-location wedding.

Sent on 11/15/2011

Jessica · Married on 05/20/2011

This venue was exactly what we were looking for. I loved that we could have our ceremony and reception there. The architecture and great location were a huge plus. I think it was a great value for your money and we couldn't have dreamed of a better venue.

Sent on 06/07/2011

Stephanie · Married on 11/12/2010

I ABSOLUTELY FELL IN LOVE WAS THIS VENUE FROM DAY ONE! It's history and beauty made it so unique. It's like a fairy tale castle! The staff was incredible and I loved the parking situation. Nothing bad to say!

Sent on 11/17/2010

Angela · Married on 01/24/2010

Old Red was a great venue for our wedding and reception. The staff were so incredibly helpful and flexible. The only negative is you have to pay for parking for your guests, but other than that it was a beautiful venue!!

Sent on 03/15/2010
  • Katie Mc.

Katie · Married on 06/28/2009

It was the most gorgeous place! Pictures were amazing there and the spaces were perfect for our size wedding. Book this place quick or else you'll be waiting a long time to get it! The only downside for us was that they don't allow kegs - only bottled beer. And your (or your caterer) must take all trash with them since there are not any dumpsters. Communication with them is very quick and they always have an event coordinator or 2 on your day.

Sent on 08/20/2009

Karen · Married on 04/14/2018

Very flexable and understanding!

Sent on 05/01/2017