Okyne Medialab, Inc. Reviews

291 | Chicago, IL

291 Reviews for Okyne Medialab, Inc.

Okyne Medialab, Inc. 1
Okyne Medialab, Inc. 2

Morgan · Married on 12/08/2012

The best choice you can make in your wedding planning process is to hire Okyne Medialab! The whole team is great to work with and Al had people on the dance floor the entire night. People of all ages were on the dance floor from start to finish and there was never a dull moment. Loved the vibe the entire night! Stacy and Al were both great to work with leading up to the wedding and their online tools were very helpful for a timeline and picking out what we wanted to hear and what was not to be played. Couldn't have been more pleased with their services.

Sent on 12/18/2012

Our DJ was DJ Matt and he was simply awesome! He checked with us several times through out the night to make sure everything was going the way we wanted, I really don't think the wedding would have ran so smoothly with a different company. Everyone was dancing all night and having a great time!

Sent on 12/05/2012

Peggy · Married on 10/20/2012

My husband and I cannot say enough great stuff about Okyne Medialab. In particular our DJ, Randall, was excpetional!!! From the minute we walked into our reception, to the minute we left for the night he was at our service. Not only from a music/DJ perspective, but for any other items we needed (ie, drinks, communicating with the banquet staff for us, you name it he was on it). The dance floor was packed all night and no one wanted the night to end. We highly recommend Randall!

Sent on 11/16/2012

A&P · Married on 10/20/2012

If you're interested in booking a DJ that is not only above and beyond professional but also ridiculously talented, then Okyne is for you. It has been months since we had our wedding and we still receive the compliment, "I don't know how you did it, but that party was amazing." We'll tell you how we did it, Okyne. Their system is simple, read the crowd, make sure they're enjoying themselves. Make sure people remember your wedding for what it should be, a complete and unadulterated celebration. Thank you Al, Stacy and Matthew for making our day something that we can very proudly talk about.
    Doesn't matter who you're currently thinking about working with, drop them and go with Okyne. It will make your day as stellar as ours. We will (and already have) recommended Okyne to our friends.

Sent on 01/13/2013

Jackie · Married on 10/13/2012

Simply PERFECT! Okyne Media made our night so flawless and easy. Our DJ was at our side making sure we were happy-he even made sure we were good with drinks-something not even our venue asked. I have heard nothing but amazing things from my guests about Okyne and the music our DJ played. Stacey, who was our contact through the whole process, was very quick with responses and our overall experience with them was top notch. Thanks Okyne for keeping my guests happy & dancing and for making my husband and I glad we picked you!

Sent on 10/17/2012

amy · Married on 10/13/2012

Loved them!!! The online tools were easy and so helpful. DJ Dan was fantastic and so very helpful. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a great DJ

Sent on 10/18/2012

Theresa · Married on 10/13/2012

DJ Alan was an absolutely fantastic DJ! I couldn't have asked for anyone better for our wedding! I received several compliments on the music and I honestly don't think there was a single song that no one danced to!

We have been extremely happy with Okyne's services. They have been an absolute pleasure to work with and we would highly recommend them!!

Sent on 10/29/2012

Rory · Married on 09/29/2012

The entire team at Okyne Media Lab was fantastic. From the beginning of the planning stage, the provided us with the guidance we needed and great online tools to use to help make everything easy.

But most importantly, DJ Jonathan REALLY knew his business. He took our direction, which gave the entire evening a very “us” feel. He also knew how to play to the crowd without letting the music selections become too generic. Also – for anyone who has been to a wedding recently (I have been to several in which this was the case), DJs sometimes have the tendency to play the wrong items during key moments; first dance, introductions, etc. DJ Jonathan not only got everything exactly right, but also came over to give us a few minutes notice before each event (cake cutting, first dance, toasts). This ensured that the reception flowed smoothly – which is so critically important in allowing the bride and groom to relax and enjoy themselves.

In addition to the cocktail hour/reception music package, we also used the uplighting, which gave the space a very warm, romantic glow. It also looked great in our pictures!

Overall, it was a complete pleasure to work with Okyne from beginning to end.

Sent on 10/17/2012

April · Married on 09/23/2012

Absolutely perfect work, this group went above and beyond customer service. The highlight of this group is that they are 100% on top of their game, both understanding music and being professional.
    Finding a DJ was the part my husband and I dreaded the most for wedding planning, because we both were completely out of our comfort zone. We were both worried we would pick the wrong type of music and the dance floor would be dead. Neither of us wanted that failure over our heads, lol, so finding a DJ got pushed back to the last of last things to do.
    Through the hotel, we got a reference for Okyne, and we were so relieved when we started correspondences. Stacy was prompt, polite, and patient with us. We got our package picked out, contract signed, and started work! One great thing about Okyne is their online planning website. You can make payments, along with plan your wedding songs through their site. This was perfect for us, having to plan a wedding from the other side of the world.
    Once we got back to the states, Stacy set up a meeting for us (she even worked with our time limitations, so nice!), and we met with Al, the owner of Okyne. Adam and I were completely out of our comfort zone with planning times, line ups, ect. But Al was so patient with us, and helped us step by step (even the stuff we should of had prepared before hand). We are soo grateful that he was understanding and helpful in our lacking area. After the meeting he told us our DJ would call us the next day to touch base, which he did, and we were all set for the big day.
    Our DJ the day of was Matt, and his service was top-notch. He made sure to check with name pronunciations, timings, everything. He would always give us a heads up before we needed to do anything (cake cutting, first dance, bouquet/garter toss), which is immensely appreciated. He even had mics for my husband during his Beatie Boys rapping and my impromptu Journey singing. Couldn't of been happier with how everything worked out!

Sent on 10/10/2012

DJ Jonathan is AMAZING! Jonathan was the DJ for our wedding on September 22nd, he was very organized and got the party pumping! Best of all he is an Irishmen truly fitting for our Irish family!! Okyne was great to work with from start to finish. Stacy answered all of our questions and was incredibly receptive and quick to get back to us. I met Al in person and then again when we went over all the details on Skype. He was easy to talk to, totally understood our different loves for music and made everything flawless! We would seriously recommend Okyne Medialab to anyone, they all were truly a joy to work with and made our amazing day even better!

Sent on 10/21/2012

Tara · Married on 09/15/2012

AMAZING! Only word to describe the great job DJ Matt did and the whole Okyne Media Lab Team. DJ Matt was awesome, making sure the dance floorw as packed the whole night and also recommending a great version of the Horah that everyone loved! He made sure we were happy with everything the whole night long and everyone commented on what a great DJ we had! And while DJ Matt was incredible, not enough good things can be said about the whole Okyne Media Lab team. Al and Stacy are amazing! Al walks you through every detail of your night and makes sure they capture the feeling you want. He has great recommendations when you get stuck trying to find the song and is always available should you have any questions. Same with Stacy, she got back to me wiithin minutes of any emails I sent and was always so helpful! Their DJ package is such a great value and includes everything you need. In addition,their online website tool makes planning out your reception so easy! I thought at first I would be overwhelmed by the process of picking the "perfect songs", but they truly know how to make everything be a piece of cake! There is no other DJ company like them! DJ Matt, you rocked and Okyne Team, you were all amazing!

Sent on 10/31/2012

I booked Okyne Medialab for our wedding a few weeks ago and Al was awesome! We knew we wanted a DJ right away instead of a band because we wanted to hear our favorite songs and we wanted everyone to dance the night away. We met with Al (the owner) and he was so accommodating and friendly. After talking to him we knew we wanted him to DJ our wedding. He blended the songs together so there was never a dull moment. He kept our guests bumping to the very last song. Thanks Okyne! We'll see you in 25 years for our anniversary party ;)

We also had blue uplighting in our room. I thought it was an expense we could go without- they're just lights.... but they brought color to the room and gave the room a good vibe for the dancing. I'm so glad we got them. It was a really nice touch that made the entire experience that much better!

Sent on 09/27/2012

Megan · Married on 09/02/2012

Okyne was so great to work with! From our first meeting, we knew they fit our modern, fun style perfectly. We were in the market for a fun DJ that wouldn't be too "cheesy." They provide a great website feature where you list your favorite and least favorite songs so the DJ can get a feel for your style. Based on a list of about 30 songs that we chose, our DJ (Jonathon) put together a night of music that was perfect for our personal taste and our crowd. The website also includes a planning tool to help you schedule out your entire wedding day. This was very helpful and I printed copies for my catering and the venue coordinator!

DJ Jonathon was a perfect fit for us! He was funny, laid-back, personable, super friendly and most importantly he got my entire family to dance! Aunts, uncles, grandmas, grandpas...all people in a million years I never thought I'd see dance were on the floor almost the entire night. One of my favorite parts of the whole day was looking around and watching everyone have so much fun. I know that Okyne and DJ Jonathon played a big part in this.

Thank you, Okyne for making my wedding DJ dreams + dance party come true!

Sent on 09/28/2012

Kelly · Married on 09/02/2012

Choosing the right DJ for your wedding is one of the hardest vendors to choose, it will pretty much decide whether or not your guests will have fun and your wedding is a success.

My husband and I are particular about our music but we wanted DJ Al to have creative license to do his thing and play those gems that you or I might not ordinarily think of, those obscure special songs that great DJs pull out of their back pocket and get EVERYBODY (young, old, country, urban, whoever) dancing. The result was AMAZING!

He is not only a pleasure to work with, he is an amazing DJ!

Kelly & Carlos

Sent on 11/07/2012
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/25/2012

Almost a week later and our guests are still talking about DJ DAN! He was beyond amazing. He had the dance floor packed the whole night. He knew how to get the party started and kept it going! His blends and selections were astonishing. We loved his work! He was also sooo attentive! Always making sure we were happy and if we needed anything. He was like our Day of Wedding Coordinator! DJ Dan, we'll definitely book you for future parties!

Sent on 08/31/2012

shelley · Married on 08/11/2012

We used Okyne for our wedding reception. From our initial meeting with Al, to the many emails from Stacey, to the call from DJ Matt before the event and finally to the reception...we couldn't have asked for a better company to work with. And, the reception...DJ Matt got the party started and didn't let up until the last song. I cannot tell you how many people have commented on the songs and how fun the dancing was! Matt was awesome! My new husband and I got out of the limo upon arrival at the reception and Matt was standing there outside to greet us.. He made sure the timeline we had set for the night was kept on track..the toasts, the first dance, the cutting of the cake...I didn't have to worry about a thing. It was such a relief to have someone else control the evening so that I didn't have to. At one point during the evening, Matt came up to me asking if I needed anything...a drink - water or cocktail. Wow! What a nice touch!!

I cannot say enough nice things about this company and about Matt. I would definitely recommend them to everyone!!

Sent on 08/27/2012

Al was great - kept people dancing the whole night and happily stayed an extra half hour when we extended the reception. Everyone had a blast, largely due to the music. Oknye Medialab has useful online tools that make the process really simple and straightforward. Great vendor to work with.

Sent on 08/20/2012

Caroline · Married on 07/27/2012

We loved working with this whole group. They are incredibly organized and responsive. The process was seamless. Everyone commented on how great the music was and the dance floor was crowded all night!

Sent on 08/27/2012
  • Mallory

Mallory · Married on 07/07/2012

My husband and I took a very laid back approach to most of our wedding and even our vendors. The one vendor we took the time to interview and search around for was the DJ. The Arboretum Club recommended that we check out Okyne Medialab, and it was well worth every cent we paid. They weren't more expensive than any other DJ we interviewed or researched, but the feeling we go from our first meeting with Al was that they were interested in playing good music and the music we like. Jon and I both cared so much about everyone having fun and we wanted a DJ service we knew could do that. DJ Erich was absolutely amazing. He was organized, professional and made the entire reception easy. We didn't feel like we had to worry about anything. He played to the crowd, and we are still getting emails, texts, and phone calls saying this is one of the best weddings they've been to. DJ Erich took notice of the music we liked and built an amazing playlist around it. The dance floor was packed from the minute the mother daughter dance ended until the Arboretum Club turned on the lights. It was everything we wanted it to be and would absolutely recommend them to everyone and anyone. Thanks DJ Erich and Okyne Medialab. The whole night was amazing!

Sent on 07/13/2012

Bo · Married on 06/30/2012

Alan was the DJ on our wedding night, he did even better than what we could expect, he kept our dance floor full for the entire night, and made our guests at different ages all go up to the dance floor and enjoy the night, we received lots of compliments from our guests on how great the party is, and we know it couldn't have been the same without Alan!!

We worked mostly with Al during the preparation stage, he's very professional,patient and responsive to the questions we had.

Sent on 08/01/2012

Rebecca · Married on 06/30/2012

For our June 2012 wedding, we hired Okyne Medialab as our DJ. Through most of the process we worked with Al and Stacy, both of whom were fantastic. Initially we met with Al and he was super personable and informative. He answered most of our questions before we had a chance to ask them. They had great communication and follow up skills. You can tell that him and his crew love what they do and they are great at it. Meeting our DJ in advance was really important to us because we wanted to make sure there was a good chemistry since the music / talking could make or break your reception. Al and Stacy were super accomodating and set up a meeting for us with Erich. He was really great and we were excited to work with him. Most of the information gathering and song selection happens through the Okyne website and you have the ability to view/listen to tons of songs. This was very helpful and easy to have all the information stored in one place. The quality of the music/sound system at the reception sounded great. Erich did a fantastic job and the dance floor was packed the whole night. It was so much fun!!!

Sent on 08/13/2012

Amy · Married on 06/23/2012

Okyne is fantastic!! All of the online tools were quite helpful and Stacy was great to correspond with on any questions we had. Al was our DJ and he did a FABULOUS job! So many of our guests commented on what an awesome job he did and a lot said that was the most they had ever danced at a wedding. We had some technical difficulties having to do with the venue (we lost power to the at the venue a couple of times, NOT Al's fault) and Al did an awesome job of getting the party going again quickly and smoothly. Okyne also put together a video montage of pictures for us and it turned out great! I could not be happier with my experience with everyone at Okyne and would recommend them to anyone, a big thank you to Al, Stacy and everyone else at Okyne Medialab for making our wedding reception better than we ever could have expected! :)

Sent on 07/06/2012

Al, Stacy and DJ Matt provided excellent service for our wedding reception. Cannot say enough good things about the company - professional, fun, flexible, friendly and well worth every penny. Everyone enjoyed our reception, in large part due to their help!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Ryan · Married on 06/09/2012

My wife and I want to start by saying this review is based on the services of DJ Al and the services provided by his wife and assistant. Our wedding was back on June 9, 2012 and honestly there is no better way to say this than just stating how phenomenal Al and his staff were. My wife and I first met with Al and his assistant long before the wedding to hammer out the details of the costs involved and to get a feel for what Al brought to the table. After one meeting we immediately paid an extra fee to reserve Al for our wedding day; the professionalism, attitude, and overall personality confirmed to my wife and I that Al was the guy for the job.

The website for Okyne Medialab made the process that much simpler. From choosing the music you want (or not want) to scheduling the night how you want it (down to 5 minute increments if desired) simply eased our minds that we were going to be on the same page throughout the night.

Once the big day was a couple weeks away, Al talked with us on the phone to go over the schedule we inputted on the website, to double check names to make sure he had the pronunciation correct, and to go over the music we selected. Aside from the first dance, cake-cutting song, entrance song, and father/bride & groom/mother songs, we only selected a few songs we absolutely did not want to hear. We wanted Al to play what he felt was right and gave him complete control of the music. He earned our trust over and over again throughout the process and he did NOT disappoint, as half of our wedding (200+ attended) were still dancing at the end of the night.

What encouraged us more about Al was the flexibility and genuine care he showed throughout the night. There were times when we had to change the timing of some toasts and delay some events (cake cutting) because it was obvious people were having fun and we didn’t want to ruin the moment. Al was more than willing to do whatever we wanted, not to mention ask us throughout the night if there was anything we needed at all. It was obvious this is what he loves to do.

The one thing every bride and groom MUST realize is that the DJ is the person who runs the night. In our opinions people remember two things from a wedding; how the food was and whether or not they had fun. Al can’t control the food, but he is the catalyst for the good times on the dance floor and whether or not the night runs smoothly. Do NOT cheap out and go with someone who is a couple bucks cheaper because you WILL regret it. Al showed up hours before the event, thus relieving us of any worry, and truly made our night a huge success.

My wife and I want to thank Al and his staff for the services they provided. Our night was flawless and we certainly realize Al was a big part of that. To any prospective clients: Al was the only DJ we met with through our search, and even though we looked at only one person I guarantee there is no better DJ in Chicago. Meet with him one time and you will know, like we did, he is the one.

--Mr. & Mrs. Ricci

Sent on 07/19/2012

Kevin · Married on 06/09/2012

When searching for a DJ, my wife put me in charge (one of the few things that I was trusted to help out with). I must admit that I thought it'd be an easy task, but after our first couple meetings, I felt a little differently. Luckily, our next meeting was with Al Okyne, who was flexible enough to meet us on our home turf out in the suburbs (unlike some other vendors who seem to only operate out of Chicago). Within minutes of sitting with Al, we were sold as he was very down to Earth and was able to present all of the things we were looking for in a DJ (great taste in music, plenty of experience in manning a dance floor, and very personable).

From that day on, we had a great experience with Okyne MediaLab. The online tools were very helpful, and the responsiveness of everyone involved (including Al and Stacy) was exceptional. This continued all the way up to our big day (June 9, 2012). We were lucky to have DJ Alan assigned to our wedding ceremony - he proved to continue the reputable service that we had come to know through all interactions thus far in the process. And more importantly, Alan was able to command the reception from the beginning. We wanted our reception to run efficiently leading into the dance floor, and Alan was able to keep everything moving as we hoped (leaving little down time in which our guests could lose interest). Once all of our special dances, toasts, and dinner were through, Alan began his show - his song selections kept our dance floor packed from beginning to end. Additionally, he accomodated many requests from all genres as our audience covered multiple generations, which he handled with ease, and never let the dance floor dwindle. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding reception and the DJ was mostly to credit for the success.

Thanks Again!