Okyne Medialab, Inc. Reviews

288 | Chicago, IL

288 Reviews for Okyne Medialab, Inc.

Okyne Medialab, Inc. 1
Okyne Medialab, Inc. 2

Don't think just do it! From start to finish the entire process was executed with the highest of professionalism. Planning a wedding is stressful and when you can lean on the different vendors who make up your big day is the best feeling! We could not be happier with Matt the DJ and his ability to adjust to the environment. We had a great time, my family and friends still talk about our wedding and how much fun they had dancing all night long! Matt is actually DJ-ing my sister's wedding in May, so he is part of the family now!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Lisa · Married on 06/03/2016

It was so great working with Okyne MediaLab. Al and his staff are so friendly and accommodating! Our music was exactly what we wanted and our dance floor was packed the whole night! Out DJ, Matt, was very talented and also played piano for our ceremony. We heard every song we wanted to it was great!! We would recommend Okyne MediaLab

Sent on 06/08/2016

David · Married on 05/14/2016

Planning a destination wedding can be really tough for obvious reasons. Okyne Media Lab helped alleviate any anxiety my wife and I were experiencing. Working with Al and Stacy was fun, exciting and something we looked forward to while planning.

From the outset of our engagement, they were very professional, intuitive and intune with our wants and needs for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Al helped us arrange the equipment setup, take down and everything in between. He worked with the venue coordinator and planned all the behind the scenes, so we didn't have to.

Al and Stacy were great to work with and made sure to incorporate everything we discussed in our meetings. One of the few things we felt strongly about for our big day was the music and Al did not disappoint. He kept the party going and our guests dancing. It is our pleasure to provide the highest recommendation for Okyne Media Lab to anyone looking for an excellent DJ experience. Because of Al's exceptional talent, our day was more than we could have imagined.

Sent on 07/31/2016

Anne · Married on 04/30/2016

This is the classiest DJ company I've ever encountered. Sure, they know music, but they have great taste too. Thats a winning combo in this space.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Paul · Married on 12/12/2015

Okyne Medialab was perfect for our wedding day music needs. My wife and I got married on December 12th and were recommended to us by our wedding planner. We couldn’t have been happier with what was provided for us. We had in mind for some time that we would like a pianist for cocktail hour that could play contemporary songs. The venue where we got married had a piano, and we were lucky to find out that Okyne has a D.J., Matt, who could play the piano. We ended up having Matt play the piano during cocktail hour and playing our music for dinner and dancing. Even if you aren’t looking for a piano-playing D.J., Okyne’s organization and genuine desire to make our event great were so valuable to us. Their website forms make choosing the music and planning the timeline for your event easy and fun. Everyone that we worked with at Okyne treated us with respect, and Matt’s easy-going nature helped us relax on our big day. We quickly realized that this was one aspect of our wedding day that we were not going to have to worry about very much because they understood what we wanted and were going to take care of it!

Sent on 01/09/2016

Okyne is awesome! Two friends had used them for their weddings, and both weddings had full dance floors all night long! All we wanted for our wedding was for it to be a fun dance party, so the DJ choice was essential. We knew within 5 minutes of meeting Al, that we had found the company for the job. DJ Matt was great the night of! He definitely listened to everything we had asked about/discussed and did a great job checking in with us the night of and making sure everything went smoothly! All around, great people to work with!

Sent on 12/23/2015
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 11/07/2015

Before I was even engaged I knew I wanted Okyne Media to rock out at my wedding! Being a wedding planner I had worked with them in the past and I loved how pumped they got all of the guests, young and old! Getting guests on the dance floor isn't always an easy task but Ben did it with such ease. He was so much fun to work with on the day and made all our guests never want to leave the dance floor for fear they might miss the next amazing song! He even came out and danced with us for a song! So cool!
    Another huge thing that was important to Tim and I was that the music make sense at the time of it being played. The transitions between the different genres was flawless and kept everyone intrigued as to what was going to be on next!
    Something I had never heard at a wedding and I am glad I was the first is actually spinning of the songs. Ben made a lot of the songs his own by putting his "spin" on them (pun intended!). It was so great and made me feel like I was at a great dance party!
    Thank you Ben and Al for making our night a memorable one not just for Tim and I but for our guests! We couldn't stop hearing all the great things all our guest's had to say about the party on the dance floor and that is all we could ask for!
    Best wedding ever! (not that I'm being bias or anything)

Sent on 12/04/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/17/2015

We couldn't have been more pleased with the level of service that we got from Okyne on our wedding day. They provided ceremony music, cocktail hour music and made sure the dance floor was full and having a blast throughout the entire reception. There were even a few songs (including our first dance) that were unique and not on their list of songs that they were able to secure and play for us throughout the night.

I also loved that they spent so much time making sure they had pronunciation of our bridal party names correct. It's a minor detail but was MUCH appreciated (especially because we had some difficult names!)

We would highly recommend Okyne to anyone looking for a great DJ on their wedding day!

Sent on 10/24/2015

What a fantastic time we had at the wedding. We surely made the right choice in selecting Okyne Media for our event. Alan was amazing and the dance floor was never empty. Most of our guest were raving about how great our DJ was!
    Don't we know it!
    It was a true pleasure doing business with you and your fantastic team!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Arielle · Married on 10/17/2015

We had an AMAZING time and we heard from all of our guests that DJ Alan and our music was outstanding. We agree! We honestly could not be happier. We love to dance and once the music started we did not leave the dance floor even one time. It was easily the best night of our lives and you guys made it SO MUCH FUN!!!

You know it's a good wedding when the music stops at the end of the night and the guests are chanting for one more song!

Thank you, thank you!

Sent on 11/03/2015

We were so happy with DJ Randall! He kept the party going all night long (literally I don't think I left the dance - as the bride!), checked in with my husband and I on songs, order of events, etc. throughout the night, got all of our bridal party's names right and even at the end of the night stayed 30 minutes later than planned even though he had another gig that night.

The whole process with Okyne was great. Our consultation made us so confident in our choice and their online tools made it very easy to plan!

Definitely recommend this company!!

Sent on 12/05/2015

Jacqueline · Married on 09/19/2015

As I am writing this review, I am smiling thinking about all of the compliments that my husband and I received about our wedding music. Music was one of the most important elements of our day because we feel like I can really make or break an event. When we walked into our reception space we noticed that the dance floor was bigger than we thought it would be which made us a little nervous that it wouldn't be filled. Lucky for us, DJ Jesse did exactly as we requested and the dance floor was packed the minute after our first dance! We had asked him that for the earlier hours of the evening he play the classic wedding tunes and of course some 80, 90s, even 2000s throwbacks that everyone knows the words to! People hardly left the dance floor because we had asked that he not play one song all the way through and then move to the next, but instead maybe leave off the last 30 seconds and move right along. This did not go unnoticed by our guests! They had no time to sit down because every second was filled with songs!

We also had requested that towards the later part of the evening, Jesse would actually move to another area of our space for a smaller, but more "clubby" feeling dedicated dance floor. We really wanted this time to be for our friends that like the oldies, but want to hear some tops 40s as well. Personally, I do not like explicit music when family members and younger guests were still going to be there so Jesse did a seamless job of making all the songs "radio" approved. We really wanted to turn this dance floor into "Club J and A" as we call it and it was the most fun we have ever had! Looking around at all your guests dancing around you having the time of their lives along with you is something you never forget! Everything we asked of Okyne Media was delivered and then some!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Sarah · Married on 09/19/2015

We had Okyne Medilab do our wedding reception music and could not have been happier! The entire process was very well organized and from the moment we met with Al over a year before our wedding we knew we had made the right choice. They use a great online tool to help plan music and even structure the reception order of events, etc. The music our DJ, DJ Ben, played was incredible. One of my fears for our wedding was that guests wouldn't be dancing and would seem bored but that was 100% NOT the case. From the moment the dance floor opened, it was packed and DJ Ben accurately was reading the crowd the entire night and playing music that kept everyone actively dancing and having fun. My husband and I did not have too many requirements for music, just that we wanted it to be upbeat and engaging. We didn't give a ton of guidance as we could have via the online tool but instead just trusted Okyne Medialab to play some great stuff! Our DJ was extremely professional and we could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding! We even had some uplighting done at our venue (The Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront) and this helped to make the space a bit more unique and personal. We were so impressed with DJ Ben's ability get everything set up and take command over kicking off our reception with the bridal party entrances and right away we knew it was going to be a night filled with great entertainment! Thanks again Okyne Medialab and DJ Ben!

Sent on 02/03/2016

We hired Okyne Medialab for our wedding and we had DJ Al! I cannot say enough good things about this company and about Al. Music is hugely important in setting the stage and the mood for your entire wedding and Okyne Medialab and Al knocked it out of the park for our wedding. I have NEVER been to a wedding wear the dancefloor was so packed the entire night. Nobody wanted to go to bed because the music was fantastic and our DJ's personality was the absolute perfect addition to our wedding. He was the perfect deejay, his presence was exactly what you would want at your wedding, no corny side remarks, and his ability to grab the attention of the crowd for first dances, bouquet toss, cake cutting and all that was amazing. On the day of you are so busy and forget you have things to do, and Al made it all seem so smooth and perfect!! We had calls with him before the wedding and I really felt like he cared about us and the wedding! He transitioned songs perfectly and followed every little note and detail I asked of him. I could not be happier with our decision, and I really think I have Al and Okne Medialab to thank for how much fun people had at our wedding. If you are having a hard time deciding your Deejay...look no further, these guys are AWESOME, you WILL NOT regret choosing this team!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Rosey · Married on 09/06/2015

I found out about this vendor through weddingwire by reading the reviews. I decided to try them out and I must say I am glad that I did. This was a great experience and the DJ kept the party atmosphere electric the entire night!

Sent on 10/21/2015

amyna · Married on 07/25/2015

We are still receiving compliments from everyone about how Al kept the party going and all of our guests - even the Indian aunties and uncles - were on the dance floor until the very end. On Friday, Al led a history-making procession down Michigan avenue with the groom & his family. . All of our guests were on the dance floor, which is a true testament to Al's ability to read the room, his extensive knowledge about us as a couple and our families, and his crazy special talent on the turntables. We didn't think it could get better on Saturday - until it did. Saturday was epic. Not only did Al artfully and gracefully mix together New Orleans bounce, 90's hip hop, & bollywood music, but he also picked the perfect song to accompany our photographer's slideshow, which made the slideshow so much more special. When our rowdy crowd began chanting "ONE LAST SONG" (which is the true sign of a good party), Al graciously played one more hit to close out the night. He worked seamlessly with our family and our wedding coordinator and helped us keep everything on schedule. It was clear through every moment of the weekend that he truly listened to everything we said and had a sense of who we were as a couple - which means more than you know. As my new husband said on Sunday morning, we would be much happier if Al could just DJ our life. Everyone is still talking about the epic dance party and our wedding weekend was so special because Okyne Medialab was a part of it.

Sent on 08/05/2015
  • User5172010 · 2+ years ago

Okyne Media Lab is the best! They provided an incredible planning experience and the entire team we had the pleasure of working with could not have been better! Okyne offers a unique service and is unlike typical wedding DJs - my (now) husband and I were looking for a DJ that would cater to the guest and keep the dancing and party going! We got to work with DJ Alan who did exactly that - the music was on point the entire evening and kept everyone on the dance floor while keeping my husband's and my musical taste top of mind.

We also need to mention Stacy who was a dream and so responsive! She worked with us leading up to our wedding day to ensure all our needs were met. She guided us through Okyne's awesome planning tool that allowed my husband and I to select our musical preferences and quickly and easily provide an outline of the timeline to make sure our event went off without a hitch!

Thank you Okyne team - we could have had an amazing wedding celebration without you!

Sent on 08/16/2015

We first met with Al for our wedding DJ consultation. Right away, he made us feel comfortable and after speaking with him and discussing our needs, we felt confident that Okyne Medialab could deliver what we were looking for at our wedding. When we booked with Al, we didn't know who our DJ was going to be, but Al and Stacy matched us up with the perfect DJ for our style and personalities. We had a couple unique/goofy music requests and when we explained them to DJ Matt during our pre-wedding planning meeting, he was on board and excited. He totally got us!

We contracted for ceremony and reception service. The morning of the wedding, I contacted Matt to bring a certain kind of microphone for the ceremony and he did so without hesitation. After the ceremony, Matt was super helpful and very attentive to the bride and groom. When we got into the reception area, he immediately asked if I needed anything. As dancing started, our group was a little slow to the dance floor, but DJ Matt was able to get the crowd going after a few songs. He communicated with us throughout the entire evening and helped make everything run smoothly. All we had to do was have fun and enjoy the day!

Sent on 07/18/2015

Christina · Married on 06/06/2015

Al DJ'ed our wedding. He did an amazing job and was able to keep everyone, young and old, on the dance floor the entire night. Al was really easy to work with and helped us craft a wonderful mix of music for both our ceremony and reception.

Sent on 06/26/2015

Christina · Married on 06/06/2015

Sent on 07/07/2015

Alison · Married on 05/30/2015

We used Okyne Medialab for our wedding DJ. We had a medium-large size wedding (final head count was 180). We have a big family that loves to have a good time! I had numerous guests come up to me during the wedding, and approach my parents in the weeks following to say how great the DJ and music was. People were on the floor all night dancing, and it was the perfect mix of all music types!

Our first encounters were with Al, the company owner, via Skype (since we were not living in the Chicago-land area). We chatted and he got a feel for what types of things we might like, our taste in music, and any other pertinent details. He then matched us up with our DJ who called a few days before the wedding--he really was the perfect fit for us. He managed the crowd, but was not overbearing, which was exactly what we asked for. We really had the best time, and the whole experience with Okney MediaLabs was easy going and stress free!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Lindsay · Married on 05/08/2015

Matt was our DJ and he was absolutely awesome!! Not only did he play the piano during cocktail hour (which we didn't request, he saw a piano and just started playing!!!), but he kept the dance floor full until it ended at 11pm. Working with Al and Stacey to get everything set was a breeze and their online tools are very easy to use! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Kyleen · Married on 11/07/2014

Okyne Media Lab is the the ONLY way to go. Al & Stacy are awesome to work with and cover every detail. As for DJ Erich, I wish I had words that would stand out over a lot of the reviews I’ve read, because I’m sure that after reading 5-star reviews, they start to sound the same. Erich was unbelievable…just amazing. He was great to work with, he kept our dance floor packed the entire time. The grandmas that I thought would be in bed by 10pm were on the dance floor for the last song. We heard from SO many people at our wedding and in the days since that they've never had more fun because of the music. We had compliments on the music played during the cocktail hour, the music during dinner, and of course the music throughout the night. He was the best DJ we would have ever hoped to have at our wedding. Thanks all around.

Sent on 02/13/2015

We all know how important the DJ is to a wedding! If you don't have a good DJ let's just say your wedding sucks, but lucky for me I went with Okyne Medialab! I'm not lying the best DJ service in Chicago. Okyne takes DJing to another level, they focus on the mood of the crowd while producing the best quality musical experience. We had DJ AL! Love him! If you want a wedding where are on the dance floor all night, you need to have DJ AL. A lot of my guests at the wedding said they couldn't even sit down, just when they thought they had the chance to get some rest, he would play another great song. People are still talking about him today! The service of Okyne is amazing! Stacy and Al the owners are there with you every step of the way from start to finish. Their state of the art client website makes choosing songs for your wedding a breeze! They are so flexible as well, I changed the bridal party entrance song right when I walked into the venue, AL had no problem with that. Matter of fact, I remember him saying it's your day and anything you need or want, you got it! That's what every bride loves to hear on her wedding day. We also purchased lighting from Okyne it was great, everything was ready to go when we got there! They have every color too! To be honest, I wish I could do my wedding day over again just to party with Okyne again! If your looking for the best town it''s Okyne! Don't look any further! Thank you Stacy & AL for such a wonderful experience and spending your time with us on our wedding day!

Mike & Jen

Sent on 11/03/2014

Daniel, our DJ, was amazing. He made the show all about the bride and groom not about him. He played all the songs the bride and groom requested and the dance floor was packed all night. Sometimes DJ's love the sound of their own voice, not Daniel. When he was announcing the bridal party, he verified the pronounciation of all the names first. My 79 year old father asked me if we gave the DJ a playlist during dinner because the music was so good. It wasn't too loud, and had a wide range of artists. I live in AZ and the bride lives in NC, so planning the wedding took extra care. I am so thankful my wedding planner recommended Okyne Medialab. It was one of the best decisions we made for a vendor! Look no farther, you have found the best company out there!

Sent on 10/20/2014