Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe Reviews

Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 5
Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 6
Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 7

Laura · Married on 06/19/2009

Amazing cake and great price! Tasted fabulous and Lisa and the staff were very helpful!

Sent on 09/17/2013
  • tri_emt

Kathleen · Married on 10/11/2008

I stopped by the bakery on day on a whim because I had heard about Ohlsons a while back. They were able to take care of me right away without an appointment. After the tasting and discussing everything that I was looking for the women was able to design what I believed to be the perfect cake for our wedding. My faïence and I went back a few weeks later and sat down with the women again and booked her. He could not believe how wonderful the cake was. When we walked into our reception and saw the cake that was there it was better then I could have ever wanted it to bed. It tasted even better then it looked. Price was great to and they give you a new top layer for your 1 year anniversary which we like because we didn’t want to have to eat frozen cake that was a year old. A+++

Sent on 10/24/2008
  • Julianna

Julianna · Married on 04/27/2019

Ohlson's made a beautiful and delicious cake

This bakery is wonderful! The raspberry filled buttercream frosted cake is by far my favorite out of all the bakeries I tasted (and I tasted a lot). The bakery worked very well with my florist on cake decorations and it was beyond beautiful. The expertise and flavor cannot be rivaled in Buffalo.

Sent on 05/11/2019

Suzanne · Married on 04/23/2016

Go for a tasting and you will be hooked. Their cakes are amazing - beautiful and delicious! And they were willing to work with us on our "out of the box" idea for the wedding cake. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Emily · Married on 10/10/2015

The cake tasted great! The service was great and we were able to get exactly what we wanted. I went in with a photo and a description and they made it happen. Though it was a fairly simple design, it looked great and exactly as we wanted it to be! Cake tasted and looked great. Would definitely go back for other cake and baked good needs.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Our wedding cake from Ohlson's Bakery was absolutely wonderful! Every aspect of working with this vendor was an A+. We had one-on-one time with the owner to view cake styles, taste several samples and discuss our cake vision. The final product was exactly what we wanted and, therefore, I know we were truly listened to as customers. The cake was moist and delicious (the almond is my favorite!) and the buttercream frosting is equally as delicious as it is beautiful. I gave a 4/5 for flexibility for one reason: we decided to have fresh flowers from our florist on the cake and Ohlson's requested that we drop off the fresh flowers to the bakery the morning of the wedding instead of placing them on the cake when it arrived at the reception site (where the flowers were being delivered.) Although this meant we had to arrange for a groomsman to pick up the flowers and deliver them to the bakery that day, it was for a very good reason. Ohlson's did not want to risk anyone other than themselves decorating the cake with the fresh flowers (in the event that the cake was delivered prior to the flowers arriving.) Because of this, I did not mind the extra running around because it meant that our cake was truly a priority. And in the end it was perfect! I would definitely recommend Ohlson's bakery!

Sent on 09/30/2014
  • Shayla

Shayla · Married on 09/21/2013

Had a red velvet cake with a chocolate buttercream/fudge frosting and it was amazing. I had 3 pieces!

Sent on 10/08/2013
  • Tricia

Tricia · Married on 10/01/2011

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! The designers work with you to find exactly what you are looking for, and they turn out a beautiful product! Great job!

Sent on 10/18/2011

danielle · Married on 07/25/2015

I have got my wedding cake from ohlsons its was great looked good and everyone really enjoyed it. I just think that it was a little pricey other then that everything was great and I would use them again.

Sent on 07/29/2015
  • kayxhods

Keila · Married on 06/19/2010

The cake tasted great and looked great! They worked well with the florist also for putting fresh flowers on top of the cake

Sent on 08/04/2010

KELLY · Married on 02/19/2011

Our wedding cake from Ohlsen's turned out beautifully. The cake was flawlessly done. We had it covered in glitter and it just sparkled! We had chosen chocolate cake and it was delicious.

Sent on 03/10/2011

Karen · Married on 09/11/2005

4.2

We absolutely loved our experience with Ohlson's! They were so easy to work with and created a beautiful wedding cake for us. Their cakes are so very good and the price is reasonable. We highly recommend Ohlson's!

Sent on 11/12/2007

Penny · Married on 04/16/2010

4.2
      2.0

The cake they created was absolutely beautiful. I did not like being charged $45 to deliver my cake to the reception site. Of course I'm not going to deliver it because I didn't have time but more importantly, if something happened to the cake then they have to fix or replace it. I thought they were a bit pricey but over all, the cake was gorgeous.

Sent on 04/23/2010

We had requested a cookie cake instead of regular cake. At first they were hesitant of this request, but they did it and it turned out great!! Good thing we kept the top tier because the cookie was gone by the end of the night! We did however ask for two additional cupcakes as a celebration for our cousins anniversary, and they did not make it with the delivery. Although apologetic about it. Otherwise, great quality for the price!

Sent on 08/02/2013

Alex · Married on 07/11/2015

3.6
      2.5

I rated Ohlson's a 5 out of 5 on responsiveness and professionalism. Their staff is very courteous and quick to get back to you. I used Ohlson's for my bridal shower, groom's cake and wedding cake. We were really happy with the cupcakes they provided for my bridal shower. They made a white dress out of cupcakes and they tasted delicious! Everyone raved about how good they were. I then had Ohlson's make me a groom's cake. The cake was made to look like a pizza and wow, did it ever! It was so realistic. I was a little disappointed in the quality of work for my wedding cake though. Maybe it was because it was a warm day, but my cake topper ended up falling not only off the cake, but slide down the slide ruining the frosting. The cake tasted good, and it's a nice gesture that they provide the couple a fresh new cake on their one year anniversary.

Sent on 07/15/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/22/2017

2.4
      2.5

Cake Tasting Experience:
    Although I was optimistic about seeing what Ohlson's had to offer, I unfortunately did not have a pleasant experience. The woman we met with was quite impersonable and unenthusiastic. In addition, despite me initially telling her that I was interested in a two tier cake and then explaining my reasoning further after she gave me a hard time, she continued to ask throughout the appointment if I was sure I didn't want a bigger cake as that is "what most brides do." Regarding the actual cake, she brought out three flavors but there were no filling options to try with it. When I asked about fillings she handed me the brochure and said when ordering the wedding cake they cost extra, but did not elaborate. I would never spend 100+ dollars on a cake where I was not able to taste the fillings. Another minor point was that there was no fork so I had to pick up the cake slices with my hand. Having cake tasted elsewhere I can say that Ohlson's provided me a relatively awkward and unfriendly experience.
    Sidenote: there is an abundance of religiously themed decor inside the bakery, which may not be suited to everyone's taste.

Sent on 01/12/2017