Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe Reviews

Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 4
Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 5
Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 6
Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 7

Just saying Ohlson's bakery makes my mouth water! They baked us a almond cake with almond frosting. It was out of this world. People were lined up at the end of the night to get takeout boxes of the leftovers. It really was the best wedding cake I have ever had. Since my wedding day a month ago, two people at the wedding have gone to them because they enjoyed the cake so much.

The design was perfect. I told them up front that cost was important to us and they never showed us designs that were out of our range. She designed a cake just like the picture we had talked about. It was elegant and matched our wedding theme perfectly.

In the end we came out way under budget, but the cake was still the best out of all the bakery's we had visited. I also changed my mind on a few details of the design about 10 times. :) Each time I called they were so responsive and listened to exactly what I wanted. They never made me feel like I was a burden for changing my mind.

The baker even came in on her day off to meet with me because we are from out of town.

I want to get married again just to get another replica of my cake!

Sent on 07/23/2014

After a few cake tastings we came upon Ohlson's and were blown away! The cake was not frozen, it was freshly prepared, and it was just the best! We wanted to avoid fondant and were able to find a beautiful rose pattern for the cake in buttercream and it turned out beautiful and was absolutely delicious! To my knowledge, the cake as delivered on time without fault!

Sent on 06/30/2014

The staff was very easy to work with and the owner is very nice. My cake tasted great and turned out beautiful.

Sent on 01/16/2015

Amazing wedding cake! People are still talking about 2 weeks later. To top it off the are not expensive.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Jena · Married on 06/07/2014

Ohlson's did the cake for my wedding this past weekend, and it was fabulous!!! We received so many compliments on how fantastic it turned out. Lisa was great to work with and was very flexible. We made some last minute changes the week before and she accommodated them beautifully.

Our three-tier cake served 130 + we also did half a sheet cake to have in case (our total count was 160 but our reception venue also served dessert). One tier was chocolate (which I didn't get to try), one was almond wedding cake with fresh strawberry filling (divine!) and one was strawberry marble cake (our favorite). The cake was simply and beautifully decorated in white buttercream frosting (SO much tastier than fondant) with lovely lace piping detail and a band of our color around the base of each layer. Ohlson's also added our cake topper for us which was nice.

Couldn't be happier, definitely go to Ohlson's!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Michelle · Married on 05/24/2014

Ohlson's Cakes are AMAZING!!! They look beautiful and taste great we had guests asking and getting 2nd pieces!! The look of our cake was everything I pictured I cannot thank them enough for the beautiful cake they made for us!!!!!!! I would go to Ohlson's for all cake needs they are VERY reasonably price!!!!!! Everyone who saw or as seen a picture of our cake stated how beautiful it was!

Go to Ohlson's for all wedding and party cakes you need they will taste just as amazing as they will look!

Sent on 06/21/2014

Jenna · Married on 05/17/2014

We loved working with Lisa from Ohlson's Bakery to create our perfect wedding cake! We spent a long time trying to decide what kind of design we wanted for our cake and Lisa was extremely patient while we made our decisions. When it came to taste testing the cakes, all of the options were DELICIOUS! We ended up choosing the almond cake and the chocolate marble cake and everyone at our wedding mentioned how good it was. Thank you to Lisa and Ohlson's Bakery for being a part of our special day and for making our dream wedding cake!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Ohlson's did such a beautiful job on our wedding cake. We added something to be incorporated on our cake after we sat down to design it and it came our unbelievably gorgeous! The cake was moist and had such wonderful flavor. Everyone raved how great it was! We can't wait for our 1 year anniversary for our free tier (huge bonus!) but I'm sure we will be in for more sweets in the meantime! We tell everyone to go to Ohlson's, the cake is fabulous and the prices are VERY reasonable! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 05/25/2014

Katherine · Married on 05/03/2014

Delicious and gorgeous cake. Enough said!

Sent on 06/07/2014

camille · Married on 11/09/2013

Great service. Great cake - all fresh. Everyone ate the cake for dessert! we thought we'd have cake to take home to share when we had a chance to catch our breath.... but people actually asked for seconds! we also had trays of cookies and dessert bars for later in the evening - and they all went as well. I would highly recommend them for weddings or any other time!

Sent on 11/29/2013

My cake was so picture perfect and even more delicious to eat!

Sent on 12/30/2013
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 10/26/2013

My wedding cake was perfect!! Ohlsons is very professional, affordable, and is extremely delicious!!! I would highly recommend!!!! You don't have to save your cake for a year because they will make you a new one on your anniversary!!

Sent on 11/13/2013

After feeling overwhelmed at cake tastings at different businesses we went for a tasting at Ohlson's and we were very happy. Lisa was very professional and provided a selection of cakes that were beautiful and affordable. We went with 1/2 almond and 1/2 marble and everyone was very pleased with the cake. What's great about Ohlson's is that you don't have to save the top of your cake - you get a fresh new one on your anniversary.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Kellie · Married on 10/19/2013

GORGEOUS cake! The cake they made was perfect in every way! It was exactly what I wanted!! It was not only BEAUTIFUL, but the cake was delicious! All three flavors just melted in your mouth. The absolute best wedding cake I ever had. The girls from the bakery were all a pleasure to deal with as well. Statler City referred me to Ohlson's, and I am SO glad they did!! I can't wait to have the freshly made topper for our anniversary cake!!! :)

Sent on 11/05/2013

Ohlson's Bakery was awesome!! I have had their cake a few time before and everytime i had the cake it was the same, delicious!! The texture is so light and smooth, and the way the cake looked was just way past our expectations, it was amazing! We had dropped off what we wanted on the cake a few weeks before the wedding and i was hesitant on doing that, i didn't want them to forget anything, but they didn't forget a thing! And the people there are so nice, they completely welcome in you there, and they really take their time in listening to what you want. They did great!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Ohlson's bakery made our wedding cake for Oct 12. We had tested many cakes before ohlsons and none of them had a wow factor. None of them were terrible, but none of them were particularly great. Until ohlsons. I can't tell you how amazing that cake looked. It was more beautiful than I would have thought. We had met with a woman there to pick things out and I had told her that is email her a picture of what I wanted my cake to look like but I forgot. I few weeks before the wedding she cared enough to contact us and ask for the picture, I thought that was great because I had already explains it to her but she was thoughtful enough to take that extra step. Also the taste! Oh the taste! I cannot even tell you how many guests came up to me, my groom, and my parents demanding to know where we got the cake from. Even my crazy dieting family members and those who don't usually care for cake ate their whole piece. It had that wow factor! Ohlsons is a family business and it shows. They are amazing to work with and have amazing quality work. Even if you don't have a large event, just go there and get a cup cake, you'll see what I mean. I make my moms birthday cake every year, its a tradition, but this year she's getting ohlsons ;). Maybe, a new tradition. ;)

Sent on 10/30/2013

Jeanne · Married on 09/14/2013

I got a cake from Ohlsons that was part of their 300 series. It came out absolutely beautiful and it was delicious! There were no problems at all. And the best part is on our first anniversary we get a small anniversary cake as part of the package! I would highly recommend this bakery for any occasion!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/13/2013

OUR CAKE WAS AWESOME!!! Lisa helped us create a one-of-a-kind "fall themed" wedding cake and it tasted SO GOOD! The cake was moist and delicious and the design was just perfect! I couldn't have asked for more! Lisa was great in helping us design it and she made our design come to life. Thank you!

Sent on 09/29/2013
  • User3742090 · 2+ years ago

They had exactly what I was looking for and it was delicious!

Sent on 12/19/2013

Lauren · Married on 08/03/2013

Our wedding cake was delicious! Everyone at our event enjoyed it. We took part in their 300 special and still had a beautiful cake! We couldn't have asked for better.

Sent on 09/07/2013

Tawni · Married on 07/26/2013

For our wedding we had the most beautiful cake I have ever seen. It was exactly what I had wanted and the way I pictured it they went above and beyond what I had envisioned. I couldn't have been more happy with our cake and our decision to go to Ohlson's. Not only did the cake look amazing it tasted so good as well!

Sent on 11/12/2013

kim · Married on 07/20/2013

My cake was amazing!! The dessert trays were by far the best I have ever had! It was perfect! I almost hated having to cut into my cake and ruin the gorgeous work of art! Not only was the cake beautiful but the taste was out of this world!! It was fresh and moist, just perfection! If you are deciding on a bakery then look no further!!!

Sent on 07/21/2013

Jenny · Married on 07/20/2013

Our wedding cake was more gorgeous than we could have imagined and absolutely delicious! When we entered the reception room we couldn't stop looking at it! Ohlson's went above & beyond our expectations!

Sent on 08/09/2013

Patrick · Married on 07/13/2013

What a delicious wonderful cake . Ohlsens is best. They really took the time for the tasting and cake information session. Thanks again

Sent on 07/15/2013

Amanda · Married on 07/06/2013

My cake was beautiful and delicious. I brought a picture to Lisa during my consultation, and she said she could do the design within my budget. The cake was absolutely perfect! It looked exactly how I had hoped! The raspberry almond cake with buttercream frosting was super moist! You can't go wrong with a wedding cake from Ohlson's.

Sent on 07/11/2013