Ohio Union-The Ohio State University Reviews

Columbus, OH
Rating 4.4 out of 5, 4 Reviews
View more information

Allison Married on 06/21/2014
    My in-laws hosted a welcome lunch for our wedding guests in place of a rehearsal dinner. The lunch was one of my favorite parts of the weekend because of the great experience at the Union! We had the event in the Barbie Tootle room on the third floor so the views outside were wonderful. The menu we chose was the Ohio Wine Country buffet, which was absolutely incredible. Everything was so delicious and there was plenty of food to go around. I love that we were able to use the A/V system to show a slide show of pictures that my maid of honor put together, and play our own playlist from my ipad. It was nice that guests were able to get their parking validated which was great. The staff was very nice and professional as well. I would highly recommend the Union for similar events!
  • User1882870 2+ years ago
    The staff at the Ohio Union was great to work with. It was busy there, but they were able to cater to our every needs.
  • Cassie
    Cassie Married on 07/07/2012
    The food was AMAZING! The chef was able to accommidate my specific food allergy by providing not just one, but three delicious gluten-free meals. We had a few issues with the contract agreements but the facility is still working out a new system and was very willing to work with us and make any changes necessary. The only downfall was having to pay extra to stay later than 7pm during summer hours. The facility is not open late on weekends during the summer so it did cost extra to have an evening reception.
    Andria Married on 07/09/2011
    The reception venue is gorgeous. We were able to rent out two rooms to get ready in as well, so we were on site pretty much all day. You really can't beat the beauty of it. We got married in the west ballroom, with the beautiful chandelier. It was perfect for our tradition, classic-style wedding. The one downside is that there rental is from 12pm - 7pm. If you want to extend that, they charge per hour. Also, you can only have weddings there during the summer or any other time school is out. Lori, our event coordinator, was very helpful and helped keep me on track. The first time I met her, I was completely unprepared, and she was on top of everything, and had all the questions that I should have had prepared already ready! She was very helpful.