Ohana Photographers Reviews

Ohana Photographers 4
Ohana Photographers 5
Ohana Photographers 6

Kathleen · Married on 05/02/2010

Ohana Photographers ROCK! They're professional yet fun, extremely creative yet flexible, and the photos speak for themselves! We couldn't have been happier with the photos...they're like works of art that we will treasure forever. Thank you David and Kim (and April!)!! <3

Sent on 07/28/2010

colleen · Married on 04/24/2010

Ohana is amazing! If you have the pleasure of working with them, you will not be let down.

Sent on 11/17/2010

Jane · Married on 04/10/2010

I cannot say enough positive comments about Ohana. From our first meeting with them to the day of our wedding ceremony and the night of our reception, Ohana (David, Kim, and April) met our expectations and exceeded them!

I had a feeling deep down inside after Jane and I first met with Ohana that they would be the ones to capture our special moments. And I do not know how to explain it really, I guess all I can say is that it was fate that led us to pair with Ohana.

Very professional, extremely talented, creativity soars, they all have a special eye in finding and capturing poses and using the locations and environments to complete and frame each picture. They can definitely make the average or not-so-good-looking person look like a model in the photographs that they take.

I mean, if a picture is worth a thousand words, then ALL of the pictures that Ohana captured of our engagement sessions and the wedding are worth a billion words! Just take a look at the beautiful photographs that they took of us in Ohana's blog and you'll see what I mean. I can only describe so much, seeing is believing, and after looking at their works of art, you will indeed believe. We did, and we will be more than happy and will not hesitate to recommend Ohana to anybody. We hope to work with them again in the near future, which will hopefully be for new babies!

We got everything and more with sharing our very special day with Ohana. We could not have been any happier. Thanks Ohana, from the bottom of our hearts, for everything!

Mahalo,

Garie, Jane, Giericko & our little angel Jhovani.

Sent on 04/22/2010

Michael · Married on 03/27/2010

hey I'm not gonna lie, this group was the funnest group of people I've ever worked with with my wedding. so cheerful and looking for that one shot, got me and my wife into the pictures as well. The photo's are for sure going to break back memories everytime we see them - excellent photographs!!

Sent on 04/04/2010

Susie · Married on 02/04/2010

i have to say that Ohana PHotographers was my favorite vendor for my wedding. Since day 1 of us booking them they kept us informed with new and creative ideas for our wedding and reception. they also gave us great referrals to other vendors that we booked and were also very happy with. They were a huge help. They were with me ( us ) all day and kept me calm while taking my picture. I was a bit stressed and they really kept me relaxed. My pictures came out better than I imagined and we were all so thrilled with how much we loved them. Our family raved about how they were always polite and helpful whenever they were around. For instance, we almost forgot our bouquets in the getting ready room, but Kim had grabbed them and ran them out to us in the limo. Total lifesaver! She even had mints in her pocket when I needed one. Gotta be fresh for the kiss! This is the kind of phenomenal service they provided me. I would recommend them to any couple getting married. We love OHANA!!!

Sent on 04/22/2010
  • I

Hannah · Married on 10/24/2009

I LOVE MY WEDDING PICTURES...and my engagement pictures too! We had a really tight budget and even with the bare minimum package they made sure that our experience with them was excellent. We have one of our engagement prints up in our new apartment and friends have said that it looks like art! David and Kim were so much fun and made us so comfortable in front of the camera. They went out of their way to do our engagement session at USC and made our wedding a picture perfect day at MOPA/Balboa Park. Ohana caught who we are perfectly through their lenses!

Sent on 01/08/2010

Hannah · Married on 10/24/2009

Sent on 01/08/2010

Janell · Married on 09/06/2009

To say that these photographers were fun, awesome, talented and the best photographers I've ever met would be an understatement.

I worked as a wedding planner for just over 2 years and worked on over 100 different weddings. I had met my fair share of photographers. Nice ones, talented ones, mean ones, and just plain old BLAH ones. When I first met Ohana (as a wedding planner) they blew me away with their professionalism and ease to work with. While being an incredibly FUN group of people they also were SO easy to work with - they asked questions of the venue before arriving and made sure that they were never in the way of the ceremony, food service or any other activities - they were like ninjas! When they sent me photos to use for my portfolio I was BLOWN AWAY!! Holy cow - if you haven't visited their site already to check out their work go do that now... I'll wait.

GREAT STUFF, right?? Well, I also happen to be on their home page. That's me sitting on my husband's shoulders pouring him champagne. Yup, you guessed it... in the 100-200 photographers that I met in wedding planning I chose them. They were by far the best. And they were not the most expensive (which was helpful!)
    I don't know how else to convince you.

Our engagement shoot was the MOST FUN DAY OF OUR ENTIRE ENGAGEMENT. Seriously - my husband and I are both really fun people that got together with some really fun photographers and took some REALLY fun photos! They have a great way of making ANYONE gorgeous and making you feel that way in any shoot.

Seriously - Do yourself a favor and at least meet with them and check out their portfolio of photos! You wont be disappointed.

Sent on 01/27/2011

Diana · Married on 09/05/2009

Simply put, they were our favorite vendors of our day. They are professional, made us extremely comfortable in front of the camera, and captured the love we had for each other that day perfectly. Our photos came out in one word, BREATHTAKING!!! I would recommend Ohana to anyone.

Sent on 02/04/2010
  • F

Allison · Married on 08/22/2009

My fiance and I LOVED working with Ohana! We still can't get over how lucky we are to have found such awesome people and photographers to work with :) I would recommend David, Kimi & April to anyone!

Sent on 10/29/2009

Allison · Married on 08/22/2009

I cannot say enough good things about David, Kimi and April of Ohana Photography. They are professional, fun and some of the nicest people I've ever met.
    I was so excited to book them for my wedding Aug '09 and even more excited when I got the images back from our engagement shoot and wedding.
    My husband is not comfortable in front of the camera and they made him feel at ease and got a lot of really great shots :)
    They are the best!

Sent on 03/24/2010

D · Married on 08/15/2009

They catered to our every need and made the photography by far the best thing we spent money on for our wedding! The photographers were the nicest people we've ever met, they always put us at ease even when we were stressed with other wedding planning aspects. The quality of the photos was second to none, they captured our love on film (nuf said!!!) and every picture looked like it could have been from a bridal magazine. They take your creative ideas about the wedding photography and expand upon it... you always feel like you are in the drivers seat. When we were with Ohana we realy felt like celebrities and they felt like part of our own Ohana.

Sent on 10/30/2009

danielle · Married on 08/15/2009

These people are AMAZING. Not only do they make you feel completely comfortable, but they are also funny, artistic, and create beautiful pictures with a beautiful narrative. This was the best decision my husband and I made for our entire wedding. It was worth every penny and I would recommend Ohana to everyone!!!

Sent on 10/31/2009

Kamran · Married on 08/08/2009

Ohana Photographers are just the perfect wedding photographers. The photos on their site and blog speak for themselves. I think aside from the great pictures they take, what sets them apart is how nice, friendly, accommodating and professional they are. Half way through our engagement session photo shoot, we felt as if we're hanging out with our best friends and were having so much fun, while they were shooting so many great pictures.
    They also captured so many great moments at our wedding and took such beautiful pictures. They took exactly the style of photos we wanted and asked for and added their own creativity and brilliant ideas to get so many great photos. We are really happy that we chose them as our wedding photographers and we have become big fans of them and their photos and would highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/06/2009

Yadira · Married on 07/12/2009

Best photographers ever! They were accommodating, understanding, suggestive, fun, friendly and most of all professional. It's hard to find someone with all the above qualities at once, especially for a once in a lifetime event.

My husband and I are not big picture fans, but Dave and Kim helped us smile and laugh and have a good time during the craziness of a wedding. The engagement and wedding pictures really captured our relationship and personalities.

We and our friends and families were extremely impressed. I strongly recommend Ohana Photographers to anyone and for any event

Sent on 08/05/2009

Karmina · Married on 06/27/2009

All I have to say is LOVE them!! I had the most amazing expirience with Ohana, they are awesome. I looked all over for photographers but I did not want anything cheezy posing all over the place with fake smiles.....then I came across Ohana. His work is incredible! I was recomended by a coworker and I will be forever grateful. The negotiation process was easy and flexible. We first did our engagement session and the pictures looked as if they were out of a magazine. I had SO many compliments and everyone wanted to know who took our pictures. Then at our wedding, they were on time, very professional and had a great attitude. They were NOT in our faces nor pushy and we just had a super fun time with them. They stayed until the end of our wedding and took TONS on pictures. My whole family and friends loved Ohana and how great they were with all our guests. I was so HAPPY to see that the pictures that we will have for the rest of our lives of our wedding turned out absolutely amazing!!! I seriously can go on and On about how great they are but if you want pictures that are insanely gorgeous......OHANA!!!!

Sent on 08/26/2009

Linda · Married on 06/20/2009

Wonderful photogs! Had the best time taking pictures for my big day and the pictures were amazing!

Sent on 07/16/2009

Alex · Married on 04/15/2009

Wonderful family of photographers! Very fexible and willing to travel far (U.S. Virgin Islands) to shoot our wedding. They were flexible and let us suggest some photos. The photos were amazing and captured all the wonderful emotions of our wedding day. You won't find anyone better! Thanks Ohana!

Sent on 06/17/2009

ken · Married on 01/03/2009

I can't say enough about Ohana Photographers. I'm usually not very comfortable having to take pictures, but it was my wife's....I mean, our biggest day....and so we went with Ohana based on a friend's recommendation. I have to say, they put me totally at ease. They were also fantastic with our 6-year-old niece who was our flower girl. They had great, fun personalities and seemed to really understand what we wanted to accomplish. They had lots of experience and knew exactly how to get the traditional pictures my wife wanted and they also knew how to capture the more "crazy, fun" type photos I wanted with my groomsmen. We were extremely pleased with the pictures we got back and have gotten numerous compliments on them. Our wedding was pretty big. We had more than 200 people there and we've got great pictures to remember it. We even managed to stay within our budget. I just want to say that we highly recommend Ohana to anyone looking for a professional photographer. They are simply, the best.

Sent on 02/03/2009

JUDY · Married on 10/18/2008

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS WERE GREAT TO WORK WITH FROM BEGINNING TO END!! NO COMPLAINTS HERE.. WE WOULD RECOMMEND THEM TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS!! WILL DO BUSINESS AGAIN SOON!!

Sent on 01/29/2009

Angel · Married on 04/27/2008

I cannot say anything but WOW! when it comes to Ohana Photographers! They made my wedding day extra special! Everyone involved from Ohana Photographers was kind, professional, fun...down right amazing!!! I couldn't have asked for better photographers. Not only did they accomodate me with my traditional requests, but they came up with some great ideas I would never have thought of. My entire wedding party and all my guests had so much fun participating in all the photos. I have never felt comfortable in front of a camera, but the Ohana Photographers really made me feel at ease and helped me to open up and really show my happiness in the pictures. I look at all my photos now and can't help but smile! I continue to get comments from people at the wedding on what a remarkable job Ohana Photographers did and have had some of my friends who are getting married ask if I'd mind if they used them also. "I wouldn't mind at all! You'll love them!" is how I always reply. If anyone is looking for fantastic photographers who not only give you amazing pictures, but also do whatever they can to make your experience wonderful, Ohana Photographers are the ones for you! Thank you to Ohana Photographers!!!

Sent on 01/26/2009

jennifer · Married on 08/18/2007

They work well with different styles from fun beachy pictures to vogue wedding portraits. When I saw the pictures that were taken for my engagement and wedding I knew I had made the right choice by using SD Ohana!

Sent on 02/01/2009

Michaela · Married on 10/28/2006

David was beyond wonderful... he helped make our wedding day smooth and stress free, and we have a ton of gorgeous photos to remember that day... thank you again!!

Sent on 01/26/2009

Jeff · Married on 05/26/2006

Photographers were creative but listened to us and added their professional interpretations of our wants. They allowed us to be playful in all aspects of our photos. If you are looking for flexible, prefessional, and responsive photographers, my wife and I highly recommend them. Our time with them made them feel like part of our family, not just the wedding.

Sent on 01/27/2009

karrie · Married on 11/07/2004

We were so lucky to have Ohana Photographers for our wedding, and we remember how easy and funny they were to work with. They got along with everyone and made everyone feel so comfortable in front of the camera. We're so happy we went with them for our wedding! They didn't disappoint. We are so happy with our pictures and album we show them to everyone! Everyone loves our photos. We refer them to everyone we know. Thanks to them we will never forget our special day because they captured it so well. karrie and ed

Sent on 02/01/2009