Off The Hook Entertainment LLC Reviews

80 | Edgewater, MD

80 Reviews for Off The Hook Entertainment LLC

Daniel · Married on 12/15/2013

Great work; very flexible, pre wedding meetings were great, and love the online song selection system

Sent on 01/03/2014

Thomas · Married on 11/23/2013

My Wife and I contracted "Off The Hook Entertainment" to provide services for our wedding reception on November 23rd, 2013. Jason Hook was in communication with us from the time of the contract until the day of our wedding and reception. Jason not only has a wonderful and user friendly website, but is passionate about his services and makes you feel like you are his only customer of the year. Jason's communication skills are awesome whether it be by phone, email, or in person. Jason did such a great job for us and we would recommend his services to anyone for any event.

Sent on 11/28/2013

Jessica · Married on 11/02/2013

I would highly recommend Off the Hook Entertainment to anyone who is in need of a DJ. Jason helped make our wedding reception memorable and flawless. A cd was made with all of our special songs which was a nice, unexpected touch.

Sent on 11/12/2013

Off The Hook Entertainment LLC's reply:

Thank you Jessica and Jason, the pleasure was all mine and I hope I can entertainment you again in the future!

Andrea · Married on 10/12/2013

Wow! We were very uncertain of how to "select" a DJ going into this process, but Off the Hook Entertainment--and the DJ who was assigned to us, Angela Meggs, did an outstanding job and exceeded our expectations in every way possible. She met with us well in advance of the event to go over everything and then followed up with a conference call a few weeks out. She always asked us what we wanted, and when we gave a helpless look, she was always more than willing to provide her suggestions. She was exceptionally flexible and responsive--we even had a couple of minor changes two days before the wedding, which she was happy to accept. She did an incredible job of putting together our reception timeline, of communicating it to all the vendors (she even had one at our table so we could know what was coming up next), and of keeping everyone on track--including us. She also managed to do all of this patiently, professionally, and without being at all pushy. She also did the lighting for us, which really made the room look awesome. I provided lots of random song suggestions to her and told her to play them as she saw fit, and I was concerned because a number of my favorites aren't exactly dance songs. But, she was able to work in all of our requests (many during dinner) and kept the party dancing the whole time. She also had several creative ideas that added a little twist to some of the traditions. We got MULTIPLE compliments on her from our guests (even during the reception) and several people said "Where did you find her?" I really can't think of anything that could have been improved (and I'm usually pretty critical). Oh, and the value was incredible--the price point was MUCH lower than many others I found. Worth every penny! Thank you Angie, and thank you Off the Hook Entertainment!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Off The Hook Entertainment LLC's reply:

It was a pleasure to serve you, thank you very much for your business!

Anthony & Tracey · Married on 10/12/2013

DJ Jason Hook was a outstanding dj for our wedding and had our crowd on there feet the whole time. Will definitely use him for future events!

Sent on 10/26/2013

Susan · Married on 06/29/2013

From our very first meeting, I knew that Jason would be a good fit for our wedding. He kept the reception going, gently reminding us of scheduled events, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc. but was flexible if we needed him to be. The music was great and everyone had a wonderful time. He was very responsive and professional. Off the Hook was a great value giving us LOTS of service for a VERY reasonable price. I highly recommend them for any event.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Jason is great! Easy to work with and answers any questions you may have prior to the event. Awesome DJ for my wedding! :)

Sent on 06/26/2013

Ruchna · Married on 06/02/2013

Wedding Location: Herrington on the bay
    Keep up the great work Jason! You're awesome.

Sent on 06/27/2013

We used this DJ service for our wedding reception. Our DJ, Jason, was very responsive during the entire process including the original meeting, and especially the weeks prior to the wedding. Our wedding ceremony ran late so unfortunately we had to make some changes with Jason during the reception to keep things on schedule. He was receptive to all the changes and made helpful suggestions. I highly recommend him. We actually knew of him because our friends used his service as well. He is very affordable but you do not have to sacrifice quality!

Sent on 12/27/2012

Nadia · Married on 09/24/2011

Couldn't ask for a better DJ! Very professional and knew what he was doing! Kept everybody dancing and made my wedding AMAZING!!!

Sent on 10/30/2011

Christina · Married on 09/03/2011

We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. Jason was absolutley amazing and every single one of our guests had a great time, danced and really enjoyed themselves thanks to his music. We had a wide range of ages in attendance and they all met up on the dance floor and had a blast! Jason understood exactly what we wanted and delivered!!

Sent on 09/06/2011

Haley · Married on 06/11/2011

Jason was really professional and a lot of fun. He had my guests on the dance floor the entire reception!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Jessica · Married on 05/07/2011

Everything was great! He sent us a questionnaire which outlined all the songs which was extremely helpful because I had no idea how a wedding reception should look. He was also available and answered emails quickly. We worked out a place to meet that was convenient for both of us...he double and triple checked the songs were what we wanted and the names were exactly how we wanted them pronounced and in the right order...and if he didn't have a song he got it without charging more!

The day of he showed up in plenty of time and had everything set up and ready to go...we used him for the reception (inside) and the ceremony which was outside. He brought 2 systems which he set up. I didn't even know he was at the venue until I walked down the isle and saw him and heard the music...he had everything prepared beforehand and didn't need anything from me the day of. He was dressed very professionally (in a shirt and tie) and chose a color that didn't clash with my wedding colors.

We gave him an idea of the songs that we wanted played and he took it from there. Everything was great!! My guests had a great time and the dance floor was crowded the whole night!! Great price also.

Sent on 06/11/2011
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/30/2010

Jason from Off the Hook entertainment was the Best DJ in the world. He was very helpful from the beginning when we first started talking all the way up until after the wedding. He played great music and he even made us a Cd of all all wedding songd

Sent on 11/03/2010

Michelle · Married on 10/16/2010

We hired Jason to be our DJ at our wedding on Oct. 16 2010. He did a wonderful job. He was professional and played all the music we wanted and some of his choice music as well. Almost everyone was dancing. He did a great job interacting with the crowd. He was awesome and reasonable. I would highly recommend Hook entertainment.

Sent on 11/03/2010

April · Married on 10/02/2010

Jason, from Off the Hook Entertainment was great to work with. He made contact with me throughout the planning process to make sure we were on the same page. He understood my ideas and gave suggestions to make the big day even better. He had everybody dancing the whole night and I would recommend him for any event! Very professional and easy to work with!

Sent on 10/26/2010

J · Married on 09/18/2010

We were very satisfied with Off the Hook Entertainment! Jason was very professional, he answered all of our questions and played our requests and songs that got and kept everybody on the dance floor all night long! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/30/2010

Melissa · Married on 06/19/2010

Jason did an excellent job as the dj for my reception. He was very well priced and he met with me as soon as I called him to go over all the details of the reception. He was very flexible as I had to make a couple of song changes a couple weeks before the wedding. I also had to make a change in one of his announcement during the reception the day of the wedding! He played all the music I wanted and always made sure that we were ready before he moved on to something else. I would recommend off the hook entertainment to anyone who needs a dj for their wedding!

Sent on 06/30/2010

Chelsea · Married on 10/17/2009

I would like to take the time to say that Mr.Hook did a wonderful job at our reception. He was on time, played all the songs we suggested along with makeing great suggestion for different events we held durning our reception. Made great suggestions on different songs to play for us. The cost was VERY resonable. I would use Mr. Hook for further events we may have. He is very great to work with and very helpful.

Sent on 02/10/2010

sylvia · Married on 02/12/2009

The services rendered by Off the Hook Entertainment at our annual Christmas Party were absolutely astonishing!! Everyone had a wonderful time!! There was something there for everyone!!! His style, grace, variety of music, and professionalism are all superb!! This DJ came highly recommended and he certainly lived up to his title!!! We will certainly be using his services again!!

blkbewty73@aol.com

Sent on 02/06/2010

Le · Married on 10/17/2008

DJ Jason was exceptional to work with! As a busy bride planning her own wedding, he was always accomodating and helpful. I had some odd and special requests and he was more than willing to fulfill all my wishes and found all the songs I wanted and his price was very reasonable because, as I'm sure all brides do, I shopped around for the best for my money. He was very detail-oriented also, for example-he made sure to say everyone's name in my bridal party perfectly. I would definitely recommend him to anyone planning a wedding or event!

Sent on 02/07/2010

Pamela · Married on 04/19/2008

Off the Hook Entertainment provided music for our Fourth of July party and did an incredible job! Everyone enjoyed the music and he had a great selection. I would recommend his services to everyone!!!

Sent on 02/10/2010

Monica · Married on 10/01/2017

Jason was such an awesome DJ for our wedding! He called us a few days ahead of time to go over my music selection and he ended up spending over an hour with me on the phone helping to adjust my timeline and preparing me for what to expect the big day. He was very quick to respond and was extremely accommodating, even downloading an old 1930s song I requested that he didn't have in his library. Off the Hook Entertainment does not disappoint with their wedding services!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Monica,
    Thank you very much, it was a pleasure to meet and work with you and please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!

Brianna · Married on 05/13/2017

We got married on May 13, 2017 at The Lodges at Gettysburg and had the pleasure of having Jason Hook DJ for our wedding. He was prompt with responding to my emails leading up to our wedding and was very friendly and helpful. We followed our music selection the day of the wedding without any complications. He was also great with announcing our bridal party in for the reception, very enthusiastic! I highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Off The Hook Entertainment LLC's reply:

Brianna, it was a total pleasure working with you and being a part of your special day! Thank you again and please let me know when I can rock the 1 year anniversary party for you!
  • F

Fred · Married on 09/03/2016

Was very happy with the job that Trevor K did at my wedding, the music was upbeat, the MCing was done well and the coordinating was easier than had been expected. Would definitely recommend to anyone in need of a DJ!

Sent on 09/08/2016