Odeen's BBQ Reviews

Odeen's BBQ 5
Odeen's BBQ 6
Odeen's BBQ 7

Sarah Ingram · Married on 05/18/2019

We love Marshall John and Barbara!

Odeens BBQ catered our wedding last weekend in CT and I cannot stop my phone from buzzing with people asking us who made the BBQ!
    My husband's #1 priority for our wedding was that the food had to be BBQ and Odeens really delivered.
    John and Barbara invited us up to Ridgefield for a tasting many, many months before the wedding and we had one of the best meals of our lives! They gave us huge, generous portions and made a dozen dishes for us to try. It was so difficult to choose between the dishes but we created an awesome wedding menu.
    For cocktail hour we had tomato/moz skewers, mini reubens, sausage, and a huge GORGEOUS bounty table with cheese, meat, etc. For dinner we had a beautiful salad and fresh-baked cornbread, followed by salmon, brisket, chicken, mac n cheese, and roasted veggies. Suffice to say, people freaked out. We had many non-US guests who had never had BBQ before and they couldn't believe how delicious the food was. I even heard that one table asked for a third serving of mac n cheese.
    Beyond the terrific food, Marshall, John, Barbara, Gary, and the whole team are just lovely people. They were kind, generous, and had fun with our guests.
    The wedding was made so much more special and personal because we had Odeens wonderful food and staff. We will be forever grateful!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Haley Marks · Married on 10/13/2018

Above & Beyond: A true wedding magician

It is hard to put into words how grateful we are for all that Marshall and the entire Odeen's crew did to make our wedding the perfect celebration. Marshall went above and beyond in every portion of our wedding journey. The food was delicious; our guests raved about every dish that was served. Marshall was patient, a master problem solver, positive and flexible. If I had to choose one wedding vendor that I got to work with again it would be Odeen's, they really made our night magical. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/15/2018
  • Jason

Jason Hodrinsky · Married on 10/06/2018

More than just a caterer

To this day, I don’t recall exactly how I stumbled across Odeen’s or what made me shoot Marshall an email, but boy am I glad I did. Not only was the food absolutely incredible (guests are still raving about the food weeks later) but Marshall and his staff went above and beyond what a caterer should ever be called upon to do. Marshall became our confidant, our fixer, a cool head talking us down when our venue was up to no good, and ultimately a friend with whom we were as excited to share our day with as any of our guests. Marshall facilitated such personal touches as sourcing a baker to make my wife’s late mother’s pie recipe, putting up with my ever changing alcohol requests, getting his daughter to babysit my demanding sister in law’s children, and serving as a go between with us and the venue through many tense moments. Weekend of, Marshall’s lovely wife Liz, daughter Haley, chefs John and Barbara and the rest of the staff continued to work tirelessly to make sure our wedding went off without a hitch. But I digress... back to the food.

Marshall and his staff take their food and its planning very seriously. Everything was impeccably prepared and far exceeded our expectations. Planning a black tie optional wedding, my mother wasn’t exactly what you would call excited about our choice to serve BBQ, but even she was completely won over by Marshall’s attention to detail and absolutely delicious food. Throughout the planning stages, you start to get a sense of Marshall’s approach to food, but it really isn’t until the wedding and seeing everyone going back for seconds and thirds with enormous smiles on their faces, that you really start to understand that (although cliché) Marshall and his team truly love what they do and go full bore into preparing and executing the event. It’s hard to reconcile Marshall’s laid back demeanor and the absolute perfectionist that will accept nothing less than perfect when it’s go time, but we are thankful for it. I can say with complete confidence that the Odeen’s team will not disappoint on any level.

By the way, the brisket and the shrimp n grits are killer!

We cannot thank the Odeen family enough for making our wedding even better than our wildest dreams.

- Jason and Britt

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Odeen's BBQ 8
    Odeen's BBQ 9
    Odeen's BBQ 10
    Odeen's BBQ 11
    Odeen's BBQ 12

Jillian · Married on 09/22/2018

Odeen's was absolutely spectacular from my first correspondence to my very last meet up. Marsh is so knowledgeable, helpful, and really cares about making your day perfect. His vast experience was evident from our first conversation, he understood clearly what our style and vision was and nailed every option. Pat and his crew the day of were so helpful and accomodating. The food.....THAT FOOD!!!!!! All of our guests raved about the food ranging from best pulled pork, best brisket, best cornbreas, to THE BEST WEDDING FOOD EVER! It made us feel so good that we provided such an amazing meal for all of our family and friends. I rate Odeen's the hightest amount of stars possible!

Sent on 10/09/2018
    Odeen's BBQ 13
    Odeen's BBQ 14

Robin · Married on 09/01/2018

I simply can't say enough good things about O'Deen's! We hired them to cater and staff a backyard wedding BBQ for 50+ people, and they exceeded our expectations in every way. The food, the staff, and the presentation/delivery were all simply spectacular. Highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Kelsey · Married on 06/09/2018

We can't say enough great things about working with Marsh, Pat and everyone at Odeen's for our June 2018 wedding! The planning (and tasting) process was fun and easy and delicious! The menu that we came up with Marsh's help took care of all of our guests! To top that off, every person who worked our wedding was great. They were on top of everything and very professional. We didn't use a traditional wedding venue, and Odeen's swept in and made the park we got married in feel like it was always an bbq joint! Our guests also raved about the food (and are still raving!) We highly recommend!

Sent on 07/14/2018
    Odeen's BBQ 21
    Odeen's BBQ 22
    Odeen's BBQ 23

Emily · Married on 05/12/2018

Wow. Wow. Wow. Odeen's BBQ. What an incredible caterer. People are still GUSHING over the food at our wedding (in June at the Darien Community Association). Working with them was by far the best choice we made for our wedding. Like most couples, we had a weird set of factors we were looking for when choosing a caterer--we wanted a backyard picnic vibe but we wanted the presentation to be on point, we wanted fresh, unique dishes, and we wanted to work with kind, fun people. Oh, and we were on a budget. After exhausting a ton of more traditional catering options, we stumbled upon Odeen's, and from the first phone call with Marshall Odeen, where he waxed rhapsodic over proper roasting temperatures for pork, I knew he was the one.
    It was a dream working with him--he was so flexible and open to suggestions and he was an absolute peach to boot. We were planning our wedding across the country and he offered to visit the venue on his own to get the lay of the land. Then he worked tirelessly with our wedding coordinator to make sure that he and his team would have what they needed so everything would go off without a hitch. FYI: the menu listed on their website is just the tip of the iceberg--they have a ton of great options that aren't listed. Here's the menu we had: Pork belly bites, Shrimp and grits, fried green tomatoes, watermelon gazpacho shooters, a cheese and fruit bounty table, beef brisket, Cornell chicken, grilled eggplant with yogurt and pomegranates, cornbread, Mac and cheese, cucumber salad, a spinach and strawberry salad, and a variety of brownies, lemon bars, and KY Derby pies. People LOST THEIR MINDS over the cornbread and the brisket. And the pork belly bites and the shrimp and grits. OK, they lost their minds over most of it. And Marshall's team was so professional. He even stood on the buffet line, hand-cutting brisket. We couldn't be happier. (Photos attached by our wedding photographer, Elvira Kalviste: https://www.weddingsbyelvira.com)

Sent on 07/04/2018
    Odeen's BBQ 24
    Odeen's BBQ 25
    Odeen's BBQ 26

Betsy · Married on 10/21/2017

Everything about our experience with Marshall was perfect. His sensitivity to our needs along with his advice, topped off by his delicious food, made for a top 10 party. We have heard nothing but raves from our guests. And he made it easy for us to enjoy our own party. We cannot recommend Odeen's BBQ highly enough!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Christine · Married on 09/30/2017

I just had Odeen's BBQ cater my wedding at The Hickories organic farm in Ridgefield, CT. It was just perfect - the food and the location. The food was delicious and I still have guests talking to me about the pulled pork and truffled mac and cheese.
    Even though it was a BBQ theme, everything was very classy and beautifully presented. The were super helpful and worked with our menu ideas, sourcing the food from the Hickories and other local sustainable sources.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Brent · Married on 09/17/2017

My wife Joyce and I could not be more happy with Odeen's catering at our wedding in September 2017! Not only was Marshall Odeen himself a complete class act but his staff, food and the overall experience exceeded our expectations. Marshall treated my wife and I like family every time we sat down with him prior to, during and after our big day. Although we were on a pretty conservative budget Odeen's made us feel like we were VIP throughout the entire process. The food was a 10 out of a 10 along with the presentation! I could not praise them enough. I would venture to say that if you pass up Odeens BBQ you are passing up 100 percent satisfaction along with the absolute first class treatment regardless of your budget. Best, Brent Cameron

Sent on 10/22/2017

steve · Married on 09/03/2017

We hosted a Sunday barbecue brunch for 60 family members and close friends on Lake Waramaug, Connecticut courtesy of Odeen’s BBQ.

We were delighted with Odeen’s warm hospitality and perfectly prepared southern food. They were very flexible in curating the menu and a real delight to partner with throughout. When rain threatened the festivities they moved quickly to seamlessly rethink the presentation.

Marshall, John and their team were on-site from sun up to sun down preparing and serving a wonderful bounty of southern BBQ and fresh salads. The level of service, quality of food and presentation was of the highest standard. It was a personal and elegant way to accommodate a large group so we could sit back and enjoy a beautiful meal with our dearest family and friends. We look forward to hosting our next special occasion with Odeens.

Abe and Steve Sylvia-Roche

Sent on 10/10/2017

Megan · Married on 05/27/2017

Marshall and Liz were wonderful to work with. We got married at the Hickories and Ridgefield and Odeen's BBQ was a homerun for our wedding. Everyone raved about the food and the overall warmth of the catering staff. Marshall was extremely accommodating and an absolute joy to work with! I highly recommend their company for catering your next event!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Stefanie · Married on 10/15/2016

If you are looking for some delicious BBQ at unbelievably reasonable prices, look no further than O'Deen's. Marshall O'Deen catered our wedding on October 15, 2016 and everyone raved about the food. I was on a very limited budget and he was able to work with me to pick a menu that was affordable and delicious. Nobody went away hungry. There was food for the meat loving, the vegetarian, and the dairy free, and the gluten free. I even added yummy desserts a few days prior to the wedding, and Marshall had no problem accommodating my updated request. Highly recommend. I will definitely use him for other events in the future.

Sent on 11/04/2016
  • O

otto · Married on 08/17/2016

We got married in Keeler Tavern, Ridgefield in 2016 and had Odeens BBQ cater our event. The quality of the experience working with them still makes us smile now, they were both detail focused and very professional yet relaxed and full of good, practical advice and a brilliant sense of humor. They helped coordinate the day with the florist and the DJ, worked out the detail and ran interference with All Seasons Rental, got to the event nice and early and helped us set up the chairs and tables and get the venue ready and picture perfect. The guests arrived with the smell of hickory wafting in the breeze. I don't know how but they managed to serve freshly cooked appetizers and a full barbecue spread that would rival anything you've had before without use of the venue's kitchen but using their own equipment they came with! Their large team of cooks and servers were super friendly and professional, helping us clear and tidy the venue at the end of the day. Marshall and John were very attentive in the planning of the day and its execution, I cannot endorse Odeen's BBQ highly enough!

Tess · Married on 07/16/2016

Marshall, John and the O'Deen's team were wonderful. It was nothing short of a miracle to find a caterer who could create a delicious, beautiful, thoughtful menu on a relatively short timeline and within our (smaller) budget. They were always friendly, willing to chat and tweak things, had a great sense of humor, and imparted a calm and confidence that our event needed. DREAM TEAM. Everyone raved about the food at our wedding and enjoyed multiple helpings. We highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/21/2016

Robby · Married on 07/02/2016

We had a wedding at our home, for our older son and his fiance, for about 90 people, in early July.
    I can state without reservation that the overall value of what Odeen's BBQ provides is exceptional.
    You can be certain that when you engage their services, you will be thrilled with the result, in terms of quality, value, creativity, meeting your needs and desires, and service...not to mention the great enjoyment of absolutely delicious food.
    The entire process of working with Marshall and his team is a treat. Marshall is so concerned with making sure that every element of what he delivers will be perfect for your needs.
    And in addition to barbecue that can't be beat, they will provide non-traditional items, as their chefs' wonderful talents are not restricted to barbecue. So you can think out of the BBQ box and Marshall and his chefs will deliver...and they will barbecue items you may not have considered. For example, one of the appetizers we had was was bacon wrapped shrimp, grilled and smoked, and it is one of the best things I have ever eaten, period.
    Odeen's will also supply other needs, such as tables, chairs, etc. And in addition to serving staff, they will supply bartenders as well.
    The thank you notes we have received from friends and family who attended the wedding all go out of their way to say how amazing and special the food was.
    I could go on, but you get the message: Odeen's BBQ is a find, and no matter what event you are having, it is worth giving Marshall a call. He is a straight shooter, he will tell you what he can and can't do, and he will deliver as promised.
    One more thing: We asked Marshall to work with our tent vendor, to coordinate on tables and other such things, and Marshall happily did so, which saved us both time and money, and ensured that nothing was overlooked.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Kristina · Married on 06/04/2016

When we think about our wedding, we can not help but think of Marshall, his wife and the team of Odeen's BBQ. When we met Marshall and his wife for the first time, my husband and I were going through mixed emotions. Our venue that was booked and paid for closed its door three months prior to our wedding. We quickly decided that we were going to have a good ole fashion rustic backyard wedding. Finding who would BBQ was key, Odeen's BBQ is not only delicious and "melt in my mouth good"- stated a few of our guest, but the kindness and the reassurance that "everything is going to be perfect" was more than we could ask for. Odeen's BBQ works with your price range, the team is dedicated to making that special day even more special and at the end of the day when you see them pack up their things you honestly, will be sad to see them leave. I know I will call upon Odeen's BBQ again to cater in event that we may have in the future. They go beyond food and service, they cater to your event as if it were "their own" event. From setting up to taking down they were amazing. I strongly recommend that you contact them, you definitely will not be let down.
    -Thank you again for everything.
    Sincerely, The Robinson's

Sent on 07/11/2016

Molly · Married on 08/22/2015

I thank my wedding stars that we found Marshall and his Odeens' BBQ. My husband (then fiancé) had to manage some family crises in the midst of our caterer search. What started out as a rather timely search, ended up being rather last minute. On top of that, we were told by everyone, there was just no way we'd find someone who could work with us. From the moment I talked to Marshall on the phone, I sort of knew that he was different--had heart, an unbelievably motivated business drive, a passion for BBQ and a real desire to make our wedding work. When my husband and I went to taste his BBQ a week+ later, we were blown away. I left thinking, there's no way we can afford this delicious food, that it was too good to be true; but my husband knew Marshall was going to make it work. What transpired in the less than two months ahead was more than we could have dreamed. Marshall and his team of three--his head chef and their partners--had two very lengthy phone meetings, met us at the venue and went over and over and then over once again all of our food plans, vendor orders (chairs, liquor etc.), timing, wedding set up, transition, drink plans and so much more. We had the most delicious, filling and sophisticated BBQ spread, all thanks to Marshall and his team. Literally--everyone was raving about the food--served apps, brisket, BBQ ribs, mac & cheese, eggplant dish for vegetarians, kale salad, cornbread, oh my goodness.....Guests took pictures! Odeens BBQ made our wedding work; we simply could not have done it with out them. So much more than a caterer, but really a full-on event team. What's more: the same authenticity and genuine care that Marshall demonstrated from our first interaction was manifest tenfold the rehearsal set up and the day of, with his whole team, really making us feel special and cared for. http://www.odeensbbq.com

Sent on 09/19/2015

Tom · Married on 05/24/2015

In May 2015, we arranged for Odeens Memphis Pit BBQ to cater our son's backyard wedding reception in New Canaan, CT and we were very pleased with our decision! Marshall and his team arrived early to set up and did all the cooking and smoking on-site. This was a rather large party as we had 120 guests. We ordered baby back ribs, smoked chicken and pulled pork as our main entrees and also had few sides. Our guests had a great time and the quality of both the food and service provided by Odeens were well beyond our expectations, and the value we received was outstanding. I would highly recommend Odeens Memphis Pit BBQ to anyone looking to host a quality event!

krissy · Married on 06/18/2016

We always wanted an outdoorsey relaxed wedding without all the starchiness and ridiculous expense you normally get with a hotel or restaurant - who can afford a $100k wedding these days anyhow?! Most of the BBQ folks we contacted either never returned our call or didn't seem very focused on our big day, until we got in touch with Marshall at Odeens BBQ - he set my fiance (now hubby!) and me at rest straight off. We came in for an amazing tasting at the Elks Lodge and were sold right away - the ribs and the pulled pork are the best ever! - we went through a thousand questions on how we wanted the day to be and they continued being in regular contact being super helpful (which was just as well as I didn't have a wedding planner!) helping us get hay bales and wild flowers. The smoker was set up half a day before lunch and everyone was taking pics of all the yumminess that was inside - my hubby's family are from St Louis and even they were coming up for seconds and thirds and asking the pitmaster how he got the brisket so perfect! I wouldn't have changed anything about that day! Thanks to Marshall and John and Liz and the crew!