OceanCliff Reviews

OceanCliff 3
OceanCliff 4
OceanCliff 5

jessica · Married on 01/05/2008

Oceancliff was the site of my dream wedding! I had my wedding there in January of 2008, and it was a goregous winter wedding. THe staff was amazing, the food was spectacular, the venue was beuatiful...the fires were lit, my guests were thrilled, and I couldn't have been happier with my choice!

Sent on 11/19/2008

Jennifer · Married on 12/02/2007

Fabulous place to have a wedding. It looked very tidy and wonderful.

Sent on 02/22/2009

Jacklin · Married on 12/10/2005

I had always dreamed of having my wedding at Ocean Cliff, and it was everything I imagined and more!!! They way they cater to the bride and groom on there wedding day, truely makes you feel special.

Sent on 06/24/2009

Rebecca · Married on 04/21/2018

Had my wedding (both ceremony and reception) at OceanCliff last weekend and it was an absolutly AMAZING experience for my husband and all of our guests. It is a classic Newport venue, you CANNOT beat the view! We did the bare minimum and took their advice with the timing for the events and received nothing but praise from our guests on how beautiful the venue was and how organized the staff was throughout the evening. Everything flowed nicely without any awkward waiting. The staff was fantastic, they scrubbed the dirt stains out of my dress without prompting after taking pictures on the lawn while I sipped a freshly made drink and given copious amount of appetizers. I call that service above and beyond. I was told by multiple people it was the best wedding they have been too, which I greatly attribute to the organization and flow of the evening mostly planned and carried out by the staff. Food was great. Drinks on point. Our whole bridal party stayed at the venue which made the day stress free. Only draw back if I had to pick one, I would say the rooms need some slight up grades, but they would only enhance the experience. They were still extremely nice, but I feel they could use slight upgrades to be made a little nicer based on the price you pay for the room compared to other rooms in downtown Newport. Would absolutely recommend the venue to anyone and can't imagine having a better wedding anywhere else.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Casey · Married on 10/26/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Ocean Cliff! my husband and I got married here this past October, and the staff treated us AND the guests like royalty. No detail was overlooked and during the planning phase, whenever I had a question or concern, it seemed like Ocean Cliff was always a step or two ahead of me. The guests raved about the beauty of the venue, the view (an AMAZING sunset was the backdrop for the ceremony), and the food and drinks. My husband and I stayed in one of their guest rooms for a couple nights after the wedding, and we were more than happy with our experience. We definitely would recommend this place for as a wedding venue, and as a hotel as well!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Lexi · Married on 08/19/2011

The staff at OceanCliffs is wonderful to work, very accommodating and will over see all details so that you don't have to. I met with Galan and Amy before the wedding, and the day if Rachel took care of the ceremony and Joe the reception, everything went perfectly, even with the threat of rain. All of our guests also raved about the food. If you are looking for an elegant Newport venue you can't go wrong with Oceancliffs

Sent on 09/06/2011

Heather · Married on 08/28/2010

Equisite! Everyone was organized and personable, and made our guests feel at home.

Sent on 02/12/2011

Jennifer · Married on 07/19/2008

I would highly recommend the Ocean Cliff to any bride. They day could not have been more perfect. The staff was so friendly and really catered to my husband and I, and also my parents. They did not miss one detail of what I wanted on that day. They are a very well oiled machine and know how to handle any situation with out having to come to to you. If you are looking to have a wedding and not want to worry about one thing on that day then the Ocean Cliff would be perfect for you. The view and the staff are unforgettable!

Sent on 08/23/2008

Amy · Married on 06/24/2006

They were absolutely amazing - worth every single penny. Our wedding day was flawless because of them.

Sent on 11/20/2008

Shannon · Married on 09/08/2016

My husband and I had such a wonderful experience with Ocean Cliff from day one. Our initial tour with Susanne Day was amazing, and we immediately fell in love with the venue. This location is breathtaking. The ballroom is exquisite, with huge windows overlooking the ocean. The space outside for the ceremony and cocktail hour cannot be matched.

We also loved the fact that The Safari Room is an attached restaurant that is perfect for an after-party. Your guests can literally walk a few steps from the reception to the after-party. So convenient!

The people we worked with at Ocean Cliff were amazing -- Susanne Day, Jim Maher, Liz Bishop, Shauna, and Laura, to name a few. They will help you take care of everything. Our wedding day was not stressful or chaotic, and everything fell into place perfectly, thanks to Ocean Cliff's expert planning and experience.

If you're considering booking at Ocean Cliff, do it! It's truly the PERFECT venue, and you will have an absolutely incredible wedding. Our guests were blown away by Ocean Cliff and all it has to offer -- as were we!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Benjamin · Married on 06/26/2016

Obviously, given that Oceancliff is a waterfront mansion that has been converted into a hotel & venue in a tourist city, it's going to cost a bit more than getting married in a "normal" hotel - but it's worth it! Once we managed to go through all the hoops and work out the pricing & minimums, etc, etc.... the staff was great. Jim, the Catering & Events Director, even swapped shoes with a member of our bridal party who forgot his matching dress shoes! Our day-of coordinator made everything go off without a hitch. Seriously, these guys are top-notch.

Sent on 07/13/2016

Meghan · Married on 09/06/2014

Our wedding at OceanCliff was amazing and all of the staff was very professional and kind. All of our guests raved about how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. Everyone should be lucky enough to have their wedding at OceanCliff!

Sent on 09/20/2014

Meaghan · Married on 05/18/2014

Amazing staff, wonderful food, beautiful venue!!

Sent on 05/24/2014

I had my wedding here in October and everyone raved how beautiful it was. The food was outstanding, it should be for the price! They also assign you a sort of assistant for the evening that follows you around in case you need something like " can you get my bouquet?" Would recommend highly!

Sent on 01/03/2014

Lauren · Married on 08/02/2013

I recently got married at Ocean Cliff and can not praise the staff enough for their hard work. They answered every question and calmed all my nerves leading up to the wedding. Prior to our rehearsal they went through all of the details and ensured we were on the same page. The day of the wedding everything went flawlessly, they coordinated the vendors, made sure my husband and I took the time to eat and even reminded us to stay on schedule. I did not have to worry about a thing the entire day; they were adjusting my veil during photos, carrying my flowers when they weren’t needed, and even coaching me on the proper way to cut the cake. My guests were wowed but the quality of the food (especially the salmon) and could not get enough of the view. I am thrilled that we selected Ocean Cliff and thank the staff for all of their hard work.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Everything was perfect. The grounds and the building are beautiful. The views are breathtaking. The staff is courteous and professional. They did a wonderful job. Only complaint was that the staff person assigned to me and my bridal party was often MIA. Several times I needed her and she was no where to be found. Other than that I am extremely pleased with every aspect of my wedding day!

Sent on 07/15/2012

Katelyn · Married on 10/08/2011

Oceancliff was amazing to work with! They took all my concerns and handled everything. The day of the wedding I would have never known if anything went wrong because they had everything covered and taken care of. The professionalism level was amazing! My only negative is that the bar prices were expensive per drink and we were hoping for open bar all night and only got 3 hours of it. The food was fantastic everyone loved their meal! Everyone had a great time and were all treated amazingly! I can not thank them enough for all their hard work and help in making our day so special!!!

Sent on 12/15/2011

Danielle · Married on 04/04/2009

They are fabulous at Ocean Cliff!! I HIGHLY recommend them. We were planning from a little bit of a distance (Boston) and so I wanted a package deal. Everything about the place is perfect; it is absolutely beautiful both inside and outside. The views are gorgeous, in fact the day we first went there was rainy and dreary, but from inside that big room it all looked misty and magical. As soon as I saw the place, I fell in love with it.

But the best thing about Ocean Cliff is the staff there, they are so professional. Weddings are what they do, and they do them really, really well. They were so helpful and responsive throughout the entire wedding process. Our contact there helped me not only with wedding details for our day at Ocean Cliff, but she recommended a make-up artist, a videographer, and helped me narrow down our florist, etc. And the staff the day of the wedding was unbelievable. They do not have college and high school kids working there to make a few bucks, they have very well trained, attentive, thoughtful waitstaff and bartenders. And Tom, our banquet coordinator, was so smooth, he was like something out of a movie! He kept things running so well all night long, he took care of all of the tiny mishaps and silly details, I had no idea they were going on. And he's funny and nice on top of all that.

It is kind of expensive, but you get what you pay for. We got married in the "off season" (first weekend April) and we didnt have the ceremony there, both of which cut down on the costs. We also got the "Silver package", but the food was great, and we added on a raw bar and a few special apps (I only ate the appetizers anyway). We also didnt stay there, and neither did any of our friends/ family, because #1) we had planned an after party in town and wanted to be able to hang out with our friends there, and #2) they make you reserve an entire block and you have to pay for them up front which I didnt want to do.

Sent on 04/28/2009

Danielle · Married on 09/16/2007

The Oceancliff Hotel truly made our wedding ceremony and reception absolutely spectacular. The staff could not have been more gracious, kind, helpful, organized, and professional.

Sent on 05/12/2008
  • User6119859 · 2+ years ago

3.5

OceanCliff is absolutely stunning. It is the perfect wedding venue. The staff is great, very responsive and accommodating. Guests at the wedding couldn't stop talking about the wonderful meal and the breath taking views. We are so happy we chose OceanCliff as our venue.

Sent on 12/16/2016

3.5

We absolutely loved this venue! The view, staff, and accommodations were everything that we could have hoped for! If we could go back, we would pick Ocean Cliff all over again! They were very professional and organized, so we didn't have to worry about anything on our wedding day! The only comment that I have is they do A LOT of weddings (which makes them really good), but your ceremony rehearsal might be at an odd time. Also, if you get married on Saturday, they usually have two weddings the same day. We got married on a Friday and loved everything!!! Would definitely recommend to a friend!!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Stephanie · Married on 01/13/2013

When I booked Ocean Cliff as my wedding venue, I was thrilled. There were some bumps transitioning from the woman who actually "sold" me the location and the various staff members who would help me with the details, but otherwise things went smoothly. Steven, who assisted me with my various rooming issues for my guests and sorting out my not so simple billing details, was fabulous! Always a joy to speak to and quick with a response. Samantha, our coordinator, was great. She kept us on schedule and made sure we had everything we needed. She even went so far as to dry off my bridal bouquet (and my bridesmaids) on her jacket! The room was gorgeous, it was flipped quickly while my guests enjoyed their cocktails and hors d'oeuvres and the food was delicious. Everyone was raving about their meals during and after our reception (and I've gotten a few more calls since then!). Our banquet captain, Alyssa, who I declared be called Buttercup was fabulous! She kept me hydrated, kept my dress as dry as possible in the damp, foggy January weather and made sure I had whatever I needed. I really can't say enough about the quality of the staff and services Ocean Cliff has to offer.

I would warn you not to be turned off if the "sales" person isn't all you hope for in a wedding vendor. The good news is you don't have to work with them for long. That part of the experience is the only reason Ocean Cliff missed the mark on 5 stars across the board.

Sent on 01/24/2013

Victoria · Married on 12/02/2012

Last year, when we booked our reception at OceanCliff, we had high hopes for our wedding day because it was just such a beautiful venue. The staff at OceanCliff did not disappoint! We had the most phenomenal day because of their impeccable attention to detail and their incredible service! From booking with Elsa, to planning with Amy and then Jeff and Alyssa who did everything under the sun to make us happy on our special day - everything was fantastic!
    The only drawback to the space was that if we had wanted to hold our ceremony there, due to the time of year, we would have had to use the same ballroom that was already set for the reception, and they wanted to charge us a separate cost for the room we were already paying to use for the reception. Frankly, that seemed a little unfair (doubledipping?), so we just found a different place to have our short and sweet ceremony and kept OceanCliff strictly for our reception.

Sent on 12/05/2012

Kathleen · Married on 12/12/2010

Such a stunning venue - there's no way to convey that without getting hyperbolic. I'm not hard to please, and I was glad to let the professionals do what they do so well. That being said, a few of the details that we discussed prior to the wedding were missed that day, but nothing that interfered with our wonderful experience. My hotel room was pricey, but I was willing to pay for the convenience (and there doesn't seem to be any dedicated space for personal belongings in the function area). We benefited from a discounted rate for our off-season Sunday day time wedding. They were extremely accommodating of my (apparently unusual!) brunch buffet menu and the food was sensational in both presentation and quality. I was so proud to welcome our guests to our picture-perfect wedding.

Sent on 12/14/2010

Shwetha · Married on 04/14/2018

We had our wedding at OceanCliff in April 2018. When we first looked at OceanCliff as a venue we were impressed with how breathtaking the venue was and how, even during off-season or a rainy day, you still had a stunning view from the reception area through the wall-to-wall glass windows. Amanda was incredibly helpful and professional through the sales process, and Kim and Bree were amazing day-of coordinators who made the whole event flow seamlessly.

The cocktail hour area felt like a large home with multiple rooms, bringing everyone closer together, and the bartenders were very attentive. The waitstaff did an excellent job with the service all night long. Empty drinks and appetizer plates weren't left on tables for longer than 30 seconds the entire cocktail hour.

The plated meals came out quickly and were delicious - we got a lot of compliments on the taste of the food. Our one issue with the venue was their lack of flexibility with vegetarian options - but we were ultimately able to work with them to adjust and build the perfect menu.

We were assigned a "captain" for the night and we can't say enough good things about him! He made sure from the moment we said "I Do" that we had a drink in our hands and food in our stomachs. Our guests are still raving about the venue to this day!!

We couldn't be happier to have OceanCliff as our wedding venue and can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/23/2018