OceanCliff Reviews

OceanCliff 4
OceanCliff 5

Grace · Married on 04/21/2012

Bridal shower hosted at Ocean Cliff, Newport RI
    Last weekend was my incredible wedding shower hosted by my bridesmaids and Mom at Ocean Cliff Hotel in Newport RI. I have been to A LOT of showers and I was dreading mine, but it far exceeded any expectations I ever imagined! It was a surprise that even my wedding coordinator from Regatta Place was in on, asking me to meet her there to review something for the wedding. (Regatta Place is a sister reception facility owned by Ocean Cliff- who also have been amazing). Once I got to Ocean Cliff I realized the joke was on me and it was my dreaded shower. On the contrary, it was one of the most incredible days I have had leading up to the wedding. The Safari Room was the perfect space for the occasion, the dining room was gorgeous, bright, spacious, and set the tone for a fun filled afternoon. The bridesmaids had worked with Rebecca and Kate (event coordinator and manager) to come up with a wine tasting theme complete with a tasting menu of sample size entrees to be paired with each wine course! From the Scallops with ginger-bacon compote, to mini rack of lamb, this feast was one to remember. The service was over the top accommodating and professional. I rarely write reviews however I am a local here in Newport who has seen the majority of local venues and this sets the bar high for any showers I will attend in the future. The entire process working with Regatta Place and Ocean Cliff has really made this whole wedding process a pleasure. If you are a bride looking for venue ideas I can't say enough about Melanie, Elsa, Kate, and Rebecca. They are extremely organized, prompt to answer any of my questions, and accommodating. To a venue as large as theirs they make you feel as though your wedding is the only one of the season and you are the most important customer. I am looking forward to the big day....

Sent on 05/01/2012

Tara · Married on 03/23/2012

Most definitely THE BEST venue in Rhode Island to have a wedding! I was amazed at the non-stop service, care and love shown to all...not just the Bride & Groom! Nowhere else even compares...

Sent on 02/03/2013
  • Chantal

Chantal · Married on 09/23/2011

The OceanCliff staff is AMAZING! Like most weddings, mine had some hiccups (rain, late bus, wine spill down the front of my dress, etc...) but the staff kept everything running smooth and was always there when you needed them. I couldn't thank them enough for all their efforts. All of our guests were also very pleased and impressed with the service. The food was also wonderful, and of course the venue. I can't express how happy I was with OceanCliff, from start to finish. And since it rained on my day, I think it was the best indoor option I could have chose in Newport. I had a wonderful experience with them, and would chose OceanCliff in a heartbeat if I could do it all over again!

Sent on 10/12/2011

McGee · Married on 09/10/2011

amazing

Sent on 09/21/2011
  • F

Francine · Married on 09/05/2011

OceanCliff’s setting on Narragansett Bay is magnificent and romantic and its beautiful ballroom’s panoramic windows provide breathtaking water views no matter what turn the weather takes. That being said, OceanCliff’s greatest asset is its wonderful team of catering and wedding professionals – all of whom are highly competent and amazingly caring, responsive and accommodating. Jim, the Director of Catering, and his assistant, Alison, graciously and promptly responded to my countless requests and questions over the many months of planning as if our wedding was the only one scheduled. Jim is simply the best of the best and it is impossible to adequately express how large a role he played in ensuring that every aspect of our wedding fulfilled or exceeded our high expectations. He expertly guided us in planning a sophisticated and scrumptious menu and accommodated, with the Chef’s cooperation, many special requests. He was a wonderful source of information and referrals and suggested many elegant details that helped us in achieving the wedding of our dreams. Our banquet manager, Joe, was absolutely terrific and ensured that every detail of the ceremony and reception was perfectly executed in accordance with the banquet order and timeline. Our personal server and the entire wait staff were warm, attentive and accommodating. The team also goes above and beyond the call of duty to resolve issues that are not within its purview. About 10 p.m. on the night before our morning wedding, two of the groomsmen discovered that their shirts were soiled and the wrong size but we were unable to reach the tux vendor. I called Joe on his cell phone and he and Jim got a hold of the tux vendor and ensured that he arrived at our hotel by 8 am with replacement shirts. My husband and I highly recommend OceanCliff as an outstanding wedding ceremony and reception venue in every respect.

Sent on 11/15/2011

Caryn · Married on 09/04/2011

There are not enough great things to say about the OceanCliff. The setting is breathtaking, the staff is unbelieveably accomadating. They cover every detail and can fufill every request. It was better than I could've imagined!

Sent on 10/06/2011

Rebecca · Married on 09/02/2011

I just got married this past Friday at OceanCliff. I really cannot say enough about this venue.

Yes, the site is absolute perfection--beautiful ceremony space, beautiful cocktail hour space and beautiful reception area. But, on top of all that, the team they have in place is beyond amazing. They act like you are the only wedding they have...even though they do 3-4 weddings every weekend. Kym set up my dessert bar and let me tell you - people were blown away. Jim/Alison are both on top of every detail and Elsa, who works in sales, even helps with the planning process.

Elsa, Jim, Alison, Kym...they are a dream team. From start to finish, I have no complaints!

Sent on 09/06/2011

This venue was amaaaaaazing!!!! Everyone involved in the whole process was absolutely accommodating and so kind. They were so flexible and helpful I had to give them five stars on everything. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 10/03/2012

Nicole · Married on 07/31/2011

Everything was amazing & what we could have hoped for!

Sent on 04/26/2012

Kristen · Married on 07/29/2011

I could not say enough great things about OceanCliff. Amy, Kim and Rachel were aboslutely fabulous to work with. From the beginning planning to the perfect execution at the reception, they really know how to run a flawless wedding! The ballroom is absolutely beautiful with wonderful views no matter the weather (my wedding day was extremely overcast). The service was great and my guests are still raving about the food. Kim decorated the reception space with all of the items I brought and really achieved my wedding vision. I was so pleased with OceanCliff and would recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 08/16/2011
  • lavendarlady

Andrea · Married on 07/25/2011

My husband and I were married in a small outdoor ceremony at the The Ocean Cliff Hotel. They were absolutely fabulous with our ceremony, treating us with the same importance as a larger wedding. Rebecca was absolutely the best to work with. We live out of state and working with her was a breeze. She helped us through out the entire process, helping us to get other vendors. Each one that she recommended was the best possible choice for us. Even through a tough patch, with an unforeseen health issue, she was patient, kind, and as informative as she could be. We could never have pulled off as perfect a wedding, if it had not been for her. She was always accessible, honest and gave 100 percent of herself to us. Our dinner that was held in the Safari room was not only well received, but the waitstaff was remarkable. They were fun, professional and extremely patient. We can not thank them enough. We highly recommend the Ocean Cliff and Safari Room for a wedding that will not only be pleasurable, but memorable and of high quality.

Sent on 08/09/2011

Stephanie · Married on 01/08/2011

We just had our wedding here on 1.8.11., and we\'re still receiving compliments on how amazing the event was. The staff - beyond fantastic. Between my stressed questions and DH\'s insane budget control, they always were quick and polite answering our questions and reassuring us that everything would be fine. And it was. \r\n\r\nI have been told by several guests that the dinner service was above and beyond what they ever would have expected at a wedding. They were treated as if they were out at dinner, checked on several times through out the night. \r\n\r\nWe had requested to have sparkling cider for our non-alcohol drinking guests, and not one glass was out of place. Our personal server was wonderful, and even held my train when I step outside during the night :)\r\n\r\nThe view, building, food, and most importantly people, made my wedding unforgetable.

Sent on 02/02/2011

Kate · Married on 12/21/2010

If you are looking for a venue that is amazing - this is it! Also, if you are looking for an amazing limousine service- www.mysticlimousine.com. The luxury car service was great: complementary drinks, immaculate limo and a driver that even fixed my dress! it was a great combo and if you go with them both everything gets covered.

Kate R.

Sent on 12/27/2011

Jami · Married on 07/18/2010

When we first walked in to Ocean Cliff we knew that this is where we wanted to get married. The ballroom is gorgeous with its wall of windows, and the ceremony site is spectacular. You can not beat the views anywhere. The food was excellent, and our personal server Carlos was very attentive. Ocean Cliff exceeded all of our expectations. They were very responsive with every question that I had. From sales all the way through to the catering department everyone was very professional and caring. Even though they do a lot of weddings, they make you feel like your wedding is the most important thing. Everything went off without any problems. Zack was very caring and attentive the whole night. He kept us updated on everything that was going on, and he stuck to the schedule! I feel very lucky to have such great weather. It made the wedding that much better!

Sent on 08/04/2010

elizabeth · Married on 07/17/2010

My husband and I knew right away when we walked into Ocean Cliff that this is where we wanted to get married. The view from the ballroom is just spectaular. From sales all the way through to the catering department everyone was very professional and caring. Even though they do a lot of weddings, they make you feel like your wedding is the most important thing.

Sent on 08/05/2010

Lisa · Married on 06/18/2010

I had my reception at Oceancliff in June of 2010. I would say that I was a relatively high maintenance bride and often contacted the staff with sometimes outrageous questions/requests. Every email was responded to promptly and thoroughly. The entire staff from the sales end to the banquet end of things was fabulous. We did not have a single complaint. The entire event (and the breakfast the next day) were great.

Sent on 07/12/2010

Connie · Married on 05/29/2010

Oceanclifd is truly an amazing venue. We were married at the end of May and on the day of our wedding the skies were gorgeous and it looked like we were going to have a sunset perfect wedding. However, 20 min before our ceremony was supposed to start, it started to pour and the winds also picked up. Oceancliff took everything in stride and worked with my florist to create the perfect indoor ceremony site. Needless to say (as you can see by the number of stars I gave this place) they did a phenomenal job with very little worrying on my part. Oceancliff is the perfect Newport venue and what you pay for this place, although expensive, is worth every penny. And it shows. During our final detail meeting with the staff, they went through every nuance from the time I checked into my room to get my hair and makeup done, all the way to arranging the pickup of the floral vases with my florist at the end ofthe reception. They even brought up details that I had overlooked! Such as I wanted to be announced with my now husband into the reception area and go straight into our first dance but had completely forgot about what I was going to do with my bouquet after our announcement. Oceanclifd of course came to the rescue! They had a person on their staff who stood by the door and took my bouquet from me after we were announced and discreetly placed it on our sweetheart table. If you're willing to pay the price, Oceancliff is worth every cent.

Sent on 12/16/2010

Stephanie · Married on 05/22/2010

We had the wedding of our dreams at The OceanCliff. Everything was perfect which is hard to come by in a wedding venue. The room and grounds were absolutely beautiful. The staff was also amazing, I never had to worry about a thing and I usually worry! The food was EXCELLENT and we are what you might call "foodies" We had the platinum package and everyone was thrilled with the lobster since it is a whole baked stuffed lobster. Many of our guests have told us that it was the nicest wedding they'd ever been to.

I would definitely recommend booking the OceanCliff for your wedding:)

Sent on 06/28/2010

Kristin · Married on 04/17/2010

I am an event planner, so I am by nature, super picky and highly sensitized to the performance of an event venue. OceanCliff did not drop the ball once, from sales to housing to food & beverage, they had everything down to a "t" and I literally did not have a single thing to worry about on my wedding day. I couldn't have asked for a better venue or staff, they were amazing.

Sent on 05/16/2010

kate · Married on 12/05/2009

We had our wedding at Ocean Cliff last Saturday and everything was perfect! From our first meeting with Jim to the last "slider" at the after-party in the Safari Room, we had a worry-free celebration. Jim, Carlos, and Kim made sure that we had the time of our lives. They may even have arranged the snow flakes that began to fall just as our reception started!!! Everything was AMAZING!!!!!

Sent on 12/09/2009

Alanna · Married on 10/10/2009

Love this place....attended a beautiful wedding last spring. Great food too.

Sent on 01/26/2010

Tara · Married on 10/10/2009

AMAZING!!!!!!
    The food, the view, the people, the process and the overall experience was better then I could have imagined. I always knew having a wedding in Newport was my dream, I just could not have imagined what an amazing experience it would be!
    I wouldn't trade that day for anything in the world and over and over again I would choose Oceancliff as the place to celebrate!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Kate · Married on 05/23/2009

Worth every penny. Every detail, request, concern was handled quickly and professionally.

Sent on 05/27/2011

Erin · Married on 03/21/2009

We can not say enough great things about OceanCliff!! We loved that place from the moment we walked in! Everyone that we dealt with was so great, from sales, to the catering, to the front desk .... everyone was so friendly and helpful. OceanCliff has your wedding day so perfectly timed (thanks to Tom and Amy) and they think of everything! We had champagne when we arrived, our own private cocktail hour, the best waiter that attended to us all night (thanks Zach). The food was incredible, as was the service! Everyone from the wedding commented on how much they loved OceanCliff. We had a lot of our guests stay the night of the wedding, which was so much fun! Having our reception at OceanCliff was the best decision that we made - we really, truly loved it!!

Sent on 04/20/2009

Jennifer · Married on 04/26/2008

This is the first and only place we looked at and I immedietly fell in love. They have a wonderful staff that made the planning easy. We were living in NYC so most of the planning was through email. The food was fantastic and Amy and Holly are so helpful. I didn't have to worry about a thing that day. I would recommend them to anyone. The scenery is just breathtaking and the pictures taken at sunset were the most beautiful in our thousands of photos.

Sent on 04/30/2009