OceanCliff Reviews

OceanCliff 4
OceanCliff 5
  • F

Felicia · Married on 08/30/2014

OceanCliff was great. Prior to the wedding, Amy worked with us to craft a menu that would accommodate all the vegetarians and the picky eaters! She was so patient and answered all our questions! She also came up with a bunch of creative ideas to make our wedding day even better.

The day of, both Alyssa and Brianna were amazing. Brianna made sure that we ate and that everything went smoothly the day of the event. OceanCliff is gorgeous. Our wedding was during sunset and the pictures are just spectacular. I would highly recommend OceanCliff to anyone for their wedding!

Sent on 09/04/2014

Anne · Married on 07/28/2014

OceanCliff will give you a dream wedding. The ambiance, the staff, and the food were fantastic. They had everything taken care of so there was nothing for me to worry about. I can honestly say that I had a stress-free wedding day. Our guests had a lovely time, and my husband and I felt like royalty. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 08/08/2014

Pauline · Married on 07/19/2014

My husband and I were thrilled with every aspect of our wedding involving the staff, service, food, and location of Ocean Cliff. Not being from the area, we had to rely on their list of preferred vendors, and were so pleased with all their recommendations. Throughout the whole planning process we were able to contact the sales and catering team with questions and receive prompt and useful information.

On our wedding day, everything truly appeared seamless. The staff kept us informed and kept our dinners hot while we visited with people at their tables! Our guests raved about Ocean Cliff as well.

We capped off the night with a sunset sail, as recommended by Galen, which offered us the opportunity to continue our celebration with a smaller group. It was absolutely magical.

The staff at Ocean Cliff are experts at hosting events like this, and we are so grateful to have chosen them for the location of our special and memorable wedding day.

Sent on 08/14/2014

Emily · Married on 04/26/2014

Every thing I needed the staff had already done! So efficient and helpful. Great value. Being a venue that caters mainly to weddings there wasn't anything left out of my planning thanks the the great staff at OceanCliff. They helped me every step of the way! Many many thanks for all their hard work!

Sent on 05/21/2014

I had my wedding at OceanCliff in November and couldn't have chosen a better venue. The entire staff was overly accommodating and made me feel calm, comfortable and special throughout the wedding weekend and all the preparations leading up to it.

Sent on 02/03/2014

We seriously can't say enough good things about oceancliff and their staff. From day one they were absolutely amazing to work with and the wedding was absolutely perfect. Every member of their team from the front desk to the event coordinator went above and beyond and our guests haven't stopped talking about what an amazing experience it was. Everyone was so sweet and accommodating to us and all of our guests (for the whole weekend too as we rented out all of the estate rooms). The food was amazing, the venue is gorgeous, the staff is incredible, the views are beautiful. Seriously book this venue, it's worth every single penny. We are so happy we had our wedding here, thank you to everyone at Oceancliff for a spectacular day, we can't thank you all enough!

Sent on 12/13/2013

Incredible value. I felt like a queen for a day. They think of everything. We and our families would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/26/2013

I can't say enough about Ocean Cliff. They were absolutely amazing through the entire process. Galen and all of the catering and even staff that worked my wedding were unbelievably helpful and truly gave us the perfect day. We never felt rushed and the whole time felt completely taken care of and relaxed. I can't thank them enough for giving us such an amazing memory!

Sent on 11/08/2013

Cynthia and John · Married on 08/03/2013

We had such an amazing experience at the Oceancliff! The venue is spectacular but so is the food and staff. Our guests raved about how delicious the food was and how exceptional and attentive the staff were. The day and evening went so smooth that our guests say it is the best wedding they ever attended. Being married at St. Mary's Church and having our reception at the Oceancliff will be an affair to remember for all. We highly recommend the Oceancliff for a wedding venue. After looking at several other venues in Newport, we don't think any venue could compare to the personalized service that the Oceancliff provides. Bravo!! Always, Cynthia and John Crouch

Sent on 01/28/2014
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 07/05/2013

I could not have asked for a more beautiful and amazing venue! From the staff, the food, to the scenery itself, Oceancliff was absolutely perfect! You can see everyone who works there is doing their best to make your day exactly the way you had envisioned it. The staff was more than helpful, accommodating, friendly, overall amazing! The FOOD was phenomenal. All of our guests were raving about how great the food was and that the portions were perfect and not your typical little wedding bites. I would not have changed a thing about our wedding and am so thankful to everyone at Oceancliff who helped make it so wonderful! Oceancliff is amazing...HIGHLY recommend!!!

Sent on 07/17/2013

Michelle · Married on 07/04/2013

Our July 4th wedding was a dream! From the moment we first visited OceanCliff we knew this was THE place. The views are breathtaking and the mansion, with its vintage appeal, left our guests impressed and gave us too many beautiful photos to choose from! The food options, quality and overall value were hard to match at comparable venues. From negotiation to planning to execution, everything went smoothly. They worked with our budget and were extremely responsive to our questions and requests. The staff is highly experienced and although they host many weddings there, you never feel as though you are a number. The staff executed our wedding day flawlessly. It is obvious the employees are passionate about their jobs and that translated into the perfect day for us.

Sent on 08/16/2013

Marta · Married on 06/30/2013

I want to thank Ocean Cliff for making my wedding day very special! We worked with a great team, who made sure we were taken care of at all times. We had such an amazing time and our guests did as well. After the reception we sailed in the Schooner Aurora, and wow what a fun time with the crew. If I would do it all over again, I would pick Ocean Cliff hands down.
    Thanks for making my wedding day so memorable!

Sent on 11/04/2013

victoria · Married on 06/09/2013

I don't even think words can justify the beauty of OceanCliff. The views are breathtaking, the interior is stunning and the food is delicious. My now husband and I went to college in RI and although we live out of state now, we knew we wanted to get married in Newport. OceanCliff was the perfect venue, I had my heart set on it even before getting engaged. We got married last weekend and everything was perfect!!!

Sent on 06/14/2013

Oceancliff was my dream venue from the very first moment I laid eyes on it. I work as an event planner, with high profile clients in NYC, and I was looking to create a beautiful and unique event that truly celebrated my husband and I. I work in 5 star hotels all over the country, on a daily basis, and I have particular taste, and the Oceancliff staff worked with me to create a spectacular wedding. All the while, I planned the wedding in 4 months. They were very attentive, and helped me with every detail (and I love details)! I cannot say enough great things about the professional staff, amazing food, and picturesque location. I've been told by many of our guests that our wedding was the best wedding they had ever been to, even months later. If you have any event here, you will not be disapointed. We would absolutely recommend Oceancliff!

Sent on 02/11/2014
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 04/02/2013

We recently held our wedding, both ceremony and reception, at Ocean Cliff in Newport, RI. It was truly a special day, and made even more special by the assistance of the excellent staff at the OC. From beginning to end they were fun, polite, caring, and on-point. They made everything absolutely seamless. I have gotten so many phone calls and emails telling me how gorgeous the venue was, and how great the service was. I look forward to heading back there for our 1 year anniverasy for a quick getaway. I would recommend the OC in a second! Oh, and btw-the food was amazing. This hotel/venue is a definate winner!!! A+

Sent on 04/02/2013

Melissa · Married on 03/09/2013

I cannot say enough good things about OceanCliff. I just had my wedding, March 9th 2013, my husband and I are overwhelmed with the seamless and professional outcome of our wedding day. The entire process and planning was smooth and communications were always prompt. Early on, we knew we didn't want the normal wedding setup that OceanCliff is accustomed to, and thought we would get a lot of push back. But, incredibly, they were excited about our ideas and eager to try a new floor plan since it was off season and we were the only wedding that day. We transformed the ballroom into three unique separate spaces throughout the night with our ceremony, reception and dance lounge. The transitions were seamless and we couldn't have been happier.

The day of our wedding we were assigned a "captain", Alyssa, who was absolutely priceless. She was responsible for Jamie, my husband, and I all day. Her sole job was to ensure we had everything we needed or wanted. During photos, before the ceremony, my dress tore a little, she mended it! Having Alyssa removed any unnecessary stress or worry we may have had throughout the day.

The food was incredible and everyone that had steak raved about it. We were able to move into the Safari Room for an after party with food and drinks after our reception. Having our ceremony, reception and after party all in one place really made the day move effortlessly from one event to the next. Our guests did not have to worry about driving anywhere, especially important to us, because it was an open bar for the whole event. And, because it is a hotel, almost all stayed on site and only had to stumble up the grand staircase to bed.

The team of professional that made our day so special included; Galen, Jim, Dana, Christina and Alyssa. They are a great team and highly recommend having your wedding at OceanCliff. If blocking rooms at the hotel, be sure your guests know how to book their room in your wedding block.

Sent on 03/22/2013

Such a beautiful setting for our wedding!! Thank you so much, everything was absolutely elegant. We couldn't have asked for anything more you made our dream wedding come true!! You will be getting referrals from us!

Sent on 01/23/2013

We decided on oceancliff because we wanted our families to have a newport experience. And they delivered! They were so helpful all year and so professional. The service from the minute we arrived until the moment we left was impecible. We were greeted with champagne as we took photos our banquet captain followed us and anticipated our needs all night. Since the wedding all our friends and family talk about is our wedding being the best they ever went to. Food was excellent as well. Was a flawless day.

Sent on 01/13/2013
  • Annette

Annette · Married on 11/18/2012

We had an Amazing wedding ceremony & reception at the ocean cliff, newport! We loved wedding wire for all our wedding needs and updates. weddingwire.com/kyleandannette

Sent on 02/19/2013

I am copying a note that I sent to the staff at OceanCliff after our wedding, I think it conveys everything we feel about them, their location and our wedding:

I just wanted to send you a quick note and thank you so much for everything. Our wedding night (11/16) and really our entire weekend was just PERFECT! We could not have asked for more from anyone that we interacted with from the start all the way through to the finish. Please pass this on to everyone who was involved, I know I am missing some of the girls email addresses who worked with us the day of and who were there from early morning on setting everything up (Sam and Kim) as well as our captain for the night.  The groomsmen in particular fell in love with Bob and Lorraine the bartenders… being as I did not need to go to the bar once bc everything was brought to me, I never got to meet them, but I am still hearing from the guys how awesome they were! There were so many great people I am sure I am missing some in this note.

We have received nothing but compliments from all of our guests as to how nice the place looked, how good the food was and how smoothly everything went. If you were to personally interview each and every one of them they would tell you one by one how great their experiences were that weekend and that is all we could have wished for and more. We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend anyone to you and we hope to come back in a year or so and spend our anniversary at your hotel….you all had a part in making our dreams come true.

-Holly and Kenny

Sent on 11/28/2012

Hope · Married on 10/28/2012

We are so happy that our reception was held at Ocean Cliff! It was such a perfect setting that made for a fabulous wedding. The staff was absolutely amazing and catered to our every need. They were so detail oriented and ensured everything went smoothly!

Sent on 02/24/2013

Lori · Married on 09/15/2012

From the minute we saw the website we were very impressed with Ocean Cliff. Ocean Cliff was one of the first venues we toured. After seeing it everywhere else became second best. We decided to have our wedding during the day to allow for enjoyment of the spectacular view and followed the reception with the Schooner Aurora sunset cruise. Everyone we worked with at Ocean Cliff were professional and accommodating. The food was great- better then the typical wedding food. They had many different packages available for us to choose from. Our wedding day went so smoothly. Every detail was taken care of. We are still receiving compliments from our guests in regards to our choice of venue. A number of people stated our wedding was a "10". We thank Ocean Cliff so much for making our day perfect!

Sent on 11/07/2012

We chose OceanCliff because it was the perfect balance of what we both wanted in a venue: the picturesque Newport location, an elegant, formal atmosphere, highly recommended, a place for an after party, and rooms for guests. It was expensive, but we wouldn't change a thing if we were to do it all over again. It was totally worth it. The staff is incredible, and the whole experience was just perfect. It was beautiful and the food was excellent, too.

Sent on 09/13/2012

Michaela · Married on 08/12/2012

Oceancliff was the best venue I saw - It wasn't actually on my "list" of places to see, but I was there for a Newport wedding expo and realized how beautiful the ballroom was and the panoramic views. My wedding was Aug 2012 and it was incredible, the staff was top notch, everyone I spoke with was so nice and sweet and the day/night flowed perfectly due to all of their help. They were very accommodating and really had everything covered.

Sent on 01/10/2013
  • User1361905 · 2+ years ago

From the day that we booked OceanCliff to the day of the wedding they whole staff was fantastic and great to work with. On the day off I did not have to worry about a thing, they were coordinated and well organized and the food was fantastic. My Husband and I had the best day and OceanCliff made it all possible.

Sent on 08/24/2012