Oceanbleu at Westhampton Bath and Tennis Reviews

32 | Westhampton Beach, NY

32 Reviews for Oceanbleu at Westhampton Bath and Tennis

We had our wedding here recently, and the venue is absolutely beautiful. We had a beach ceremony, which they set everything up for. They didn't rake the sand or remove the seaweed, but they arranged the chairs and everything else very nicely. The beach, in general, is gorgeous. The ballroom where the reception is held has a great layout with lots of space, and has a great chandelier, hanging lanterns and light blue and white striped draping from the ceiling. It looks out onto the ocean - great views. The venue from that standpoint, was great.

Sent on 10/03/2012

2.4
      0.0
      3.0
      2.0

To begin with the ceremony was inundated with uninvited guests. "Black Flies". I could not believe that a place like this did not make arrangements for fans in the event something like this happened. It was so bad that I was forced to leave the ceremony. When I left numerous other guests got up and walked away. Worse yet this was in the middle of the ceremony. Anyway we got into the cocktail area and that was okay for a while, that is until all the guests got there, and the chafing dishes heated up. It was a hot and humid day and night. Well, needless to say it got very hot in the cocktail hour, and I mean hot. So unbearable that I was forced to go into the reception area to cool down. Finally everyone goes into the reception area and that was ok for a while. When all the guests got in, the a/c was woefully inadequate. It got crazy hot in there after a few hours. I don't know how no other poster has written about this as yet. The coupé de gras came about 11 PM as the entire Dune road lost power. This caterer was prepared for that as there were many candles lit, (LOL) but unfortunately no back up generator. In short this was the wedding from hell and the worst I have ever been to. Hopefully this critique will post to warn people about this place.

Sent on 09/04/2013

alex · Married on 05/19/2018

1.8
      1.5
      2.5
      1.0

Positives: The IMPRESSIVE MENU and DELICIOUS FOOD will make your wedding stand apart from others and have guests talking for years. PERFECT LOCATION: ocean front, ceremony on sand (weather permitting), pretty back-up space for ceremony. Despite the outdated building entrance and carpet in ballroom/throughout hotel, BREATHTAKING RECEPTION SPACE with tall ceilings, natural lighting, spectacular views. My bridal attendant and catering staff were all very attentive and accommodating.

Despite all of this, I would NOT RECOMMEND Oceanbleu for many reasons due to POOR MANAGEMENT in hotel and catering company (Robbins Wolfe) ...No venue is perfect and mistakes happen (like setting the fire alarm off at your wedding), but what matters most is how a business handles customer service and resolves it. To keep this as short as possible, the main issues we experienced were:
    -DISORGANIZATION: We learned (from email proof) from a bride, that we were DOUBLE BOOKED for almost 6 months.
    -UNPROFESSIONALISM: Our site fee check was not deposited for 11 MONTHS (would have been later if I wasn't calling about it frequently). I was referred to as "ENTITLED" by Jessica when attempting to negotiate prices, and "CRAZY" by William for trying to get his verbal offer in writing after 5 months for the inconveniences we've endured.
    -POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE: After hearing that many other brides were experiencing similar issues and nothing was getting resolved, I felt the need to get corporate involved. There was obvious resentment towards me as a result: "I had to use my company card to pay for your complimentary ____ ".
    -POOR RESPONSIVENESS: To get proof of our booking, I tried to obtain copies of signed contracts via email and phone for months. It frequently felt impossible to get a hold of both the hotel and catering departments.
    BOTTOM LINE: After 1.5+ years of stress, I regret choosing this venue and would not recommend it (unless management of hotel and catering changes).

Sent on 08/31/2018
  • Gaylen

Gaylen Hanes · Getting married on 03/05/2022

Terrible Management STAY AWAY

After reading reviews of Oceanbleu, a common theme emerged: a beautiful venue with absolutely terrible customer service. My fiancé and I couldn’t believe that a venue on the ocean in Westhampton could be poorly run so we decided to schedule a site tour. We were so excited until we arrived and waited almost an hour for nobody to show after driving an hour and a half to Westhampton.... After emailing twice we never heard from the management and decided to leave. Management followed up two hours later with the excuse that “our appointment slipped his mind”. Absolutely unbelievable considering this a 50k+ event, not someone selling something on Craigslist. Unfortunately, you should believe what you hear. If this is just the first taste of their service and professionalism, I would never consider pursuing a wedding here. Warning all other brides to not waste their time or money

Sent on 06/13/2020

Mike A. · Married on 11/03/2020

Tisk tisk tisk

I really hate to sully a business' reputation, but this place is ran by some disgusting individuals. The lack of respect for employees and outside labor is ridiculous. Their communication skills fall short to that of a crowd of blind mutes. Go ahead, have your wedding here--just know your money is lining the pockets of some real scum.

Sent on 05/17/2019

Maddy Hammer · Married on 09/12/2020

Waste of Time

We drove 2+ hours to tour this venue and no one showed up. The front desk tried to call them to see what was going on but got no response. Left after waiting 45 minutes with no tour and no answer. Might be a nice place but not if this is the service you get.

Sent on 02/16/2019
  • Jeff

Jeff · Married on 08/13/2019

Unsanitary and Unprofessional

WARNING: They do not change the sheets between guests! If you like clean sheets, then DO NOT stay here. After checking in, we found a lot of sand on the sheets from the previous guest. The only explanation is that they do not change the sheets between stays. In most decent hotels, the staff would have been apologetic and tried to fix the situation but not at this hotel. The front desk manager, Stacy, was useless, and the General Manager, Carlos, refused to refund me. They offered NOTHING to fix the situation and advised that if I wasn't happy, I should dispute the charge (which I obviously will do). They didn't even deny that the sheets were dirty! This hotel is unsanitary and unprofessional. The ownership really needs to look at the type of people they have running the hotel.

Sent on 08/13/2019